Expanding Folders #2

I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't
figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the
"inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items" sub-folders.

Thanks in advance for your assistance
0
tubbfan (2)

tubbfan <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote:

> I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't
> figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the
> "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items" sub-folders.

You can't, as far as I can tell.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Moving attachments automatically to a file folder
Hi, Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move attachments from certain messages automatically to a file folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst file is not a good option. It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a target folder outside the Exchange environment. I do not have permissions to change the configuration o...

Is it normal for a pst file to expand when imported into an ost fi
I had a 2+GB pst file that when imported into my exchange cached environment grew to approximately 20GB. Of course this wreaked havoc on the user's mailbox, and I am now having synchronization and all kind of wierd problems. I guess my first question is, is it normal for a pst file to grow on import? Also, on that import, is it possible for the original pst file to become corrupt, or smaller after the import. I fear that I may have lost some messages in the import In news:88546C4E-0213-4C63-A237-DBF5280576B3@microsoft.com, BookerW <BookerW@discussions.microsoft.com> typ...

Outlook 2000-Probelm to move emails from inbox to Personal folder
Hi, We have MS Exchange 5.5 server & outlook 2000 setup. I am tring to move emails from inbox to personal folder & getting an error for move/copy. I tried to repaird pst file using scanpst.exe, but fail to solve this issue. Please let me know the solution for the same Thanks jignesh On 30 Apr 2004 08:42, "jignesh" <jt141974@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >We have MS Exchange 5.5 server & outlook 2000 setup. I am tring to move >emails from inbox to personal folder & getting an error for move/copy. > >I tried to repaird pst file using scanp...

Loop folder
Hi all! I would like to create a script to read the contents of a folder. The contents of this folder is "dynamic" in that it can change the structure. Do I have to read all files in all possible subfolders (may be multiple levels). It 'can make a script like this or should I block the creation of subfolders to a maximum level of X? Sorry for my bad english!!! Thank you all! Solved by this script! strFolder = "C:\test" set objFSO = createobject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") GetFiles strFolder sub GetFiles(byval strDirectory) se...

Outlook spell check #2
HI Could someone give me some guidance as how to fix this "problem". My Regional Manager would like to forward emails while having his message spell checked and not the original message with all it's original recipients. I have setup spell check to ignore original message when forwarding but still outlook 2003 spell checks all unfamiliar names and surnames before sending the message. How do I set this up to ignore the names as well? Thanx Add those names to the dictionary. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outl...

Excel opens worksheet multiple times #2
Thanks I'll give it a try -- murrayfa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- murrayfar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1578 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27297 ...

Public Folder Has reached 16GB Limit in Exchange 2003 Std.
Hi - Our Public folder has reached its 16GB size limit and I wanted to know: 1. Can I increase it w/ a registry fix to 17GB (I heard there was a way to do this). 2. Can I create multiple public folders and balance the data load among them? Is that possible w/ Exchange 2003 Std.? Thanks for any help! - Tony I'm not sure if the registry fix applies to the PF store or not, but it would be worth a shot... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813051 - simply substitute public for private under the steps to create the registry key. As far as #2, creating multiple public folders won&...

outgoing messages are not saved in the Sent Folder
Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my outgoing emails are NOT being saved. I have Outlook 2010 using Windows 7 (x64). Does anyone have a suggestion? What type of email account? Do you have more than one sent items folder in your profile? -- "Desert Rob" <DesertRob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B520073D-802C-4713-AE83-30C22F37FF5C@microsoft.com... > Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my > outgoing emails are NOT being saved. I hav...

Using value from 2 tables to fill a cell
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks I need to know the formula (without using VB) to have the Denta Premium and Extended Health Premium taking from two charts/tables ( can put these on the same worksheet or different worksheet within th same workbook, I have no preference) For example below: I enter the name (Test in example), Plan (AA in example), and statu (Family in example). I would like a formula that would fill in th Dental Premium and Extended Health Premium from the following tw charts/tables. Name Test Plan AA Status Family Dental Premium $47.00 Extended Health Premi...

how to protect one cell and not others #2
Is there a way to protect one cell or a range of cells without protecting the entire worksheet? For example, enter data, but formulas are untouched. Thanks, Cyrus Walker Cyrus, You can unlock all of the cells in the worksheet. Then select th range you wish users not to be able to edit and lock those cells only. Then when you protect your sheet, only the cells in your range will b protected. You can customize the options as to what users can edi when you protect the sheet. Select all the cells in the sheet. Right mouse click, Forma Cells/Protection. Deselect the Locked option. ...

Which Identities folders to keep in the MUD
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Have successfully installed and updated Office 2008 over 2004. In the Microsoft User Data folder there are now three Identities folders. Identities 388KB Office 2004 Identities 91MB Office 2008 Identities 94MB All seems well with 2008, so can I trash the 2004 Identities folder. And is the 388KB Identities folder a throwback to Word X, or Office X from long ago? Or what is it, please? "Identities" is for Outlook Express 5, a Classic application from before Entourage was released. If everything is working wit...

Expanding Folders #2
I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items" sub-folders. Thanks in advance for your assistance tubbfan <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote: > I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't > figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the > "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items...

Latest PowerPoint Indexer: 2.0.0.33
The latest version of my PowerPoint indexer (2.0.0.33) is now up on my site. This features the output of a multilevel index, assorted bug fixes (including a workaround for an automation bug), and some new cosmetic features. joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5 #2
Hi, I have just upgraded Outlook 2000 to 2003. My Exchange is 5.5 SP4 and the Outlook does not connect to the server. Any ideas? When I uninstall it and run Outlook 2000, no problems encountered. Thanks in advance Ed Did you try creating a new outlook profile? Did you get any error messages? -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Ed Gonen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04de01c3b72d$35c83370$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have just upgraded Outlook 2000 to 2003. My ...

dumb question #2
Howdy Y'all I have got to ask a dumb question,how do I send in Microsoft Outlook? Thanks John Send in? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "John Baker" <dirtyi@verizon.net> wrote in message news:uSUhADFqGHA.4960@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl: > Howdy Y'all > I have got to ask a dumb question,how do I send in Microsoft Outlook? > Thanks > John Aloha John, Click the Send button at the top left? Or is your question perhaps somewhat more complex? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft On...

via 2000 Access to retrievel data from 2000 outlook public folder
Dear Helpers, I am using MS 2000 outlook. My company stores all the products and service guidelines in the public folder located at outlook. Every week there are updates of products and service guidelines where I need to check for those guidelines to support the sales teams and back office. The structure is as follows: +Public Folder +Products Folder +Product 100 +Product 101 +Product 102……. +Services Folder +Service 100 +Service 101 +Service 102…… Each product or service is made into a new subfolder and there further subfolders when there are product mo...

Scatter Chart data #2
That would be great, but the boss does not want blank cells - if it's blank then it is assumed the data is just not entered for that date. That is why I created the whole shaded cells bit - unfortunately the idea was not well received.... I guess I have to face the fact that I will be spending a lot of time on this...Thanks for the suggestion! Robin Jon Peltier Wrote: > You can do Find-Replace to remove the asterix. Since an asterix is a > special character, enter ~* in the Find box; make sure the Replace > With > box is empty. > > Then teach the analyst to keep blan...

Print folder
Is there a way to print all of the messages in an Inbox folder ? In article <Y1V2m.3319$bq1.2638@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com>, jangro@pacbell.net says... > Is there a way to print all of the messages in an Inbox folder ? Just select them (all). Then print them. When posting, please give the group some information! - Outlook version, OS, etc. -- Duncan Select all, print? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.ou...

Help with synchronizing cotents of exchange mail folder with a public folder
Hi: Hoping someone can offer a suggestion on this... I'd like to keep a dynamic public folder copy (i.e.: synchronized copy) of the contents of one or more of my exchange mail folders (sub folders actually - if that matters). Auto archive won't work as it only moves, it doesn't copy, and besides the shortest archive interval is one day; I'd like something that will copy files over (or synchronize) folders in real time or, say, in less than 5 minutes. I could create a rule set to copy over incoming messages to the public folder but then I can't respond to those mes...

Folder view #2
In Outlook 2003 whenever you click on contacts you have to hit Ctrl 6 to get an expanded folder view. Is there any way to get Outlook to always show the folder view expanded? John -- Note New Main Email address: John@DiscoveryOffice.com mailto:John@DiscoveryOffice.com ------- Sender: John P. Chambers Business: Discovery Center, Inc. Hm. Ph. (713) 465-4209 Bus. Ph.: (713) 963-0043 Texas Licenses: Fax Ph.: 713-465- 6069 LCSW, LMFT, 7505 Highmeadow LPC Houston, Texas 77063 http://www.DiscoveryOffice.co...

Symbols (Icons) in Sent Folder
I can't seem to find reference to the symbols used in the Sent folder. 1. Specifically, in the "Sort by: Icon" column, I'd like to know what the open envelope with the blue "i" in a circle means. I notice that this never appears for mail sent out of the office, but it may or may not appear for mail sent to individuals in the office and in the mailbox. I also noticed that the sent items with that symbol have a tracking tab, while those without the "i" do not - so I'm assuming they may be related. If so, I can understand why I can't tra...

Corrupt contacts folder?
Has anyone run across an issue when clicking on the contacts folder in outlook that it immediately creates an error message and restarts. I believe that the folder must be corrupt, but because it is a "special" folder I cannot delete it and recreate it. If it is a corrupt contact, I cant get in the folder to delete it. How can I delete the contacts folder or is there a better solution. I am using Exchange 2000 on Win 2000 Server and Outlook XP as the client. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance Jim Using an Exchange mailbox >-----Original Messag...

how to force a .net application to use .net 2.0 ?
how to force a .net application to use .net 2.0 ? this windows service is about 4 years old and im pretty sure is using .net 1.x runtime. Is there soem setting in the installer that says to use .net 2.0 instead of .net 1.0? this windows service is developed in visual studio 2002 Hi. As far as I know, the exe-files compiled to .net 1.x will always be tied to that 1.x runtime. Making the service run in 2.0 can be done, but why would you want to? One way to do it would be to make a new service that depends on the former exe-file and just simply uses the methods and such in that file as ...

public folder recovery #3
Can a public folder, or public folder data be recovered through deleted item retention. Or is there another way to recover public folder info other than a brick level backup. Currently, i have deleted item recovery set for 7 days. Deleted mailbox recovery is set for 30 days. Does this only address the private store though. Thanks Yes. Public Folders can be recovered the same way. Choosing the Parent PF, then choosing Recover Deleted Items should show the deleted folder, but I believe you have to have the DumpsterAlwaysOn reg key on your computer in order to do this. -- Ben Winze...

Removing Personal Folder to the Folder List
Hello I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004 folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another Folder (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders. Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry, something like that pls helppp.... Unless you migrated your data incorrectly, just R click and close any folder that is no longer your default. If you can't, then post the details on your Outlook version and how you set a new folder as your default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] ltamisin wrote: &...