Expand All groups #2

Running Outlook 2010, but have 2007 and 2003 available.

Is there a way to expand all contact groups when sending an e-mail?

For example, I want to mail the group Engineers. Inside Engineers,
there may be 5 people, and 2 groups - say software and hardware. And
inside software there may be another few groups, and a few more
people. And in those groups, more groups and more people.

Basically I want to 'unnest' everything - if this makes sense.

Thanks :)
evan1 (39)

Are you using Exchange server mailbox? I don't think it matters though
-no, you can't expand automatically. You can expand the DL by clicking
on the + sign.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 6/23/2011 11:49 AM, Evan Platt wrote:
> Running Outlook 2010, but have 2007 and 2003 available.
>
> Is there a way to expand all contact groups when sending an e-mail?
>
> For example, I want to mail the group Engineers. Inside Engineers,
> there may be 5 people, and 2 groups - say software and hardware. And
> inside software there may be another few groups, and a few more
> people. And in those groups, more groups and more people.
>
> Basically I want to 'unnest' everything - if this makes sense.
>
> Thanks :)
0
outlookmvp (5838)
7/2/2011 4:11:11 AM
On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 00:11:11 -0400, Diane Poremsky
<outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:

>Are you using Exchange server mailbox?

Yes, I am.

>I don't think it matters though -no, you can't expand automatically. You can expand the DL by clicking
>on the + sign.

Hmm.. Ok, thanks.
evan1 (39)

Payroll Year End #2
Version 10 - SP3 / SQL 2000 Can not create the year end wage file - The last available year in the drop down box is 2007. Company uses May to June Fiscal years, and the 2008 fiscal year that closed in June for 2008 is historical. 2009 has already been opened. Customer (after SP was installed) found that there were payroll batches that were to be posted to the GL, that had not been posted. They are posted in Payroll, not in GL. We were able to go to the server, and void and re-issue the checks that needed changed, but the last year available to create the wagfe file is 2007. (Totals...

Is it normal for a pst file to expand when imported into an ost fi
I had a 2+GB pst file that when imported into my exchange cached environment grew to approximately 20GB. Of course this wreaked havoc on the user's mailbox, and I am now having synchronization and all kind of wierd problems. I guess my first question is, is it normal for a pst file to grow on import? Also, on that import, is it possible for the original pst file to become corrupt, or smaller after the import. I fear that I may have lost some messages in the import In news:88546C4E-0213-4C63-A237-DBF5280576B3@microsoft.com, BookerW <BookerW@discussions.microsoft.com> typ...

send to group members without their names showing
Hi. How do you send an email in OE to a group and not have everyone's name show up in the "to:" field ? I'd like every member of the group to see only their own name in the email. Thanks; Pat Use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) field "Pat Jones" <Pat@marketingguy.org> wrote in message news:uUhfyQ7tFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > How do you send an email in OE to a group and not have everyone's name > show up in the "to:" field ? I'd like every member of the group to see > only their own name in the email. ...

Latest PowerPoint Indexer: 2.0.0.33
The latest version of my PowerPoint indexer (2.0.0.33) is now up on my site. This features the output of a multilevel index, assorted bug fixes (including a workaround for an automation bug), and some new cosmetic features. joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

Expanding Folders #2
I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items" sub-folders. Thanks in advance for your assistance tubbfan <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote: > I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't > figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the > "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items...

Is 4th January 2010 = Week 2??
Dear all, Happy New Year! I am using the following formula to show week number ="WEEK " & WEEKNUM(NOW(),1) However I notice today 4th January 2010 turns out to be WEEK 2 and the correct WEEK number should be 1 instead. Do you think there is something wrong with the formula? Also how to show correct week number from a date like 4th January 2010 is equal to W101 or 10W1? Your support is greatly appreciated. Kind regards, Ngin Hong Look in Excek help for weeknum and you'll see why. If you want the ISO week number use Chip pearson's function Pu...

Comments #2
When a new comment is created, the comment window opens up with the user name in bold. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to set a default so that it doesn't display the user name? I have to delete it every time and it's a bit of a pain.... Many thanks, martin Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Shape -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Martin Ibbotson wrote: > When a new comment is created, the comment window opens up with the > user name in bold. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to set a > default so that it doesn't display the us...

Expand Tag Along
hi, how can i expand the tag along item ,that the cashier can select the tagged item from a list of items (choose a gift for customer sold free with an item). thanks ...

Outlook 2007 Shortcuts / Groups
I'm running OL2007 on Exchange (SBS 2003) and trying to create a shortcut to Public Folders with little success. As an example, if I select CALENDAR, I see icons and links to "My Calendars" (default group). To access a Public Folder (calendar) I need to select the FOLDER LIST first and then select the Public one. I would like a shortcut either under 'My Calendars' or a newly created group, but can't seem to make that happen. Any thoughts/suggestions? Also, on that same page there is a section of links to help files such as "How to Share Calendars" ...

Excel 2 word
is it possible to automatically link excel and word (i currently use excel 2003) so that when i input a figure in to excel it automatically replicates itself in word? Ollie, Copy your cell in Excel then navigate to Word and select where you want the values to go then Edit|Paste special Select Paste Link Click OK Mike "Ollie" wrote: > is it possible to automatically link excel and word (i currently use excel > 2003) so that when i input a figure in to excel it automatically replicates > itself in word? ...

Outlook 2002 views grouping/sorting
I noticed a (irritating) difference between Outlook 2000 and 2002 definition of folder Views. Back in 2000, you could set to group by Conversation Topic, which lumped all emails with the same email subject together. Now it was still sorted by date first, meaning the subject-topic with the most recent received (descending) email with be positioned on top. So it was going by Sort, then Group. Now in 2002, the priority has been reversed. It is grouped first then sorted by date. Meaning the email subject with the first in alphabetical order will ALWAYS be positioned on top, even when its latest ...

MODE #2
XL2002 SP3 Win XP HE i have a problem with MODE function which seems to return an incorrect value. "MODE(number1,number2,...) Number1, number2, ... are 1 to 30 arguments for which you want to calculate the mode. You can also use a single array or a reference to an array instead of arguments separated by commas." My array is much larger than 30 values. Could it be the reason for the incorrect value returned by MODE? If so, is there an alternative function to calculate it dynamically--without using the static ANOVA tables, etc.? tx! -- An array reference such as A1:A100 i...

Attachments in Outlook 2002 #2
What, if anything, determines how a file is attached in Outlook? Sometimes it is put in the ATTACHMENT bar, other times it is INSERTED in the body of the message. I would like to set it to always be in the ATTACHMENT bar. Thanks Jim Never mind................I found it. In outlook, under TOOLS..OPTIONS..MAIL FORMAT.... If your Mail is set to HTML, then the attachment will be placed in the Attachment BAR below the Subject Bar. If your MAIL is set up as RICH TEXT, it will put the attachment in the BODY of the E-Mail. >-----Original Message----- >What, if anything, determines how ...

How to group clips and drawing elements?
I wanted to document all steps to install a larger program package using OneNote by taking "clips" (i.e. partial screenshots) and adding red circles around stuff that I had selected or entered. This worked at first quite nice. However, the clips and the drawing elements (ovals) seem to be on different "layers" (or whatever). When I later insert something on that page above, all the screenshots get pushed down (which is what I want and expect) but the red ovals stay where they were and hence now highlight wrong positions and my note thus becomes complete garba...

Data Sort #2
I am wondering how to sort cells/rows in groups. Each group will contain many rows containing product info for a given day. Each group will also contain ONE "Total" row i.e. price, total nutrients, etc. Even though each row in the group will have the same date, sorting by date changes the order within the group (there is no column that has asceding data for Excel to look for a second condition for the sort) usually putting the "Total" at the top of the group, which screws up the calculations. I also need to be able to enter/change data in the groups. Colorado Greensk...

Oulook, Expand/Collapse How to setup from Expand all the time.
It drive me nut to reset this each time I need to look at my contact. Need help on this on. Ernie You can set that in the view settings. While in the view in question go to the View menu > Current View > Customize Current View > Group By dialog and set the expand/collapse setting at the bottom "Ernie" <Ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF7CD991-6AA9-47A8-8B5A-4F601176399C@microsoft.com... > It drive me nut to reset this each time I need to look at my contact. > Need help on this on. > Ernie ...

Google Groups
I use Outlook 2007. Outlook 2007 will open my Google Groups email but will not show the content. It has something to do with line breaks. Can someone tell me how I can get my Outlook to show the content of emails messages i receive from the Usenet Groups (Google Groups) I belong to by way of Google? Thanks Robert ...

Out of Office Replies #2
We currently do not allow "Out of Office" replies anywhere other than our exchange org. I recently saw an Out of Office reply which was sent by the postmaster@domain.com on behalf of Jane Doe. I think this is a great idea so I went searching for a "how to" and found nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Exchange 2003 doesn't do this out of the box does it? Nope - nothing right now. Once Exchange 2007 is out, you'll be able to have all sorts of custom rules, and you'll be able to define different Out of Office replies for internal and external recipients...

Product Key problems with Microsoft Office 2004 #2
Have installed everything ok, but when I get to stage 4 of the installation process, 'Enter Product Key', after I type the 25 long product key and click 'finish', a message pops up from the top stating 'Please verify the product key you have entered is correct', yet there is nothing for me to click on to confirm that it is correct, other than the 'finish' button at the top. I have definitely typed the product key in correctly and there is nothing telling me that what I have put in is incorrect in anyway. has anyone else had this problem? I'm on a G4 powerbo...

conditional formatting by groups
I have some groups and I want each group to have different color(not necessarily distinct). thanks. I'm sure it can be done but how will Excel know which cells are associated with which group? More detail please. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:12:29 +0900, kang <kang@hao.com> wrote: >I have some groups and I want each group to have different color(not >necessarily distinct). > >thanks. ...

Macros #2
I find that macros are disabled in my Outlook 2003. How can I enable them or is that a bad idea? Thanks, CMA Tools-> Macro-> Security... To keep a certain level of security control you should never put it lower than medium unless when you are in a secure development environment. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "CMAR" <cm...

FIA CARD SERVICES #2
I keep trying to set up Money 2007 to download my CC info from FIA Card Services. When I do the account set-up it doesn't recognize my current account and sets up a duplicate account but then will not download the account information. It keeps asking for my Username and Password which I reenter repeatedly. No matter what I do I keep getting update unsucessful. In other posts about this problem the suggestion was to wait a few days as there is a lag in the setup. I've waited over a week and it still does not work. SUggestions? "MTS" wrote: > I keep trying to...

Create email rule which requires 2 words or phrases to delete
I'm trying to set up some rules to automatically delete some recurrin spam I receive. I know how to set it up so that it will look for word or another word and then delete the email if it finds either word Is there a way to set it up so that it won't delete the email unless i finds both words? Thanks, Nat -- ndillon1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ndillon19's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=448 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=121115 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i ndillon19 <n...

Automatically Expanding the GL Transaction Entry Grid
Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used on the payables transaction distribution window, namely: scrollexpandswitch.value = 1 But I got an error when it ran. -- Charles Allen, MVP Using VBA, that is. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Charles Allen" wrote: > Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL > Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used > on the payables transaction distribution window, namely: >...

VBA error #2
Can anyone tell me why when I run the following code, I get the "End If without block If" Error? Set r = Range("Name") For n = 1 To r.Rows.Count If IsEmpty(r.Cells(n, 1)) Then n.Activate ActiveCell.Value = a GoTo Option3 End If Next n Option3: Sheets("Sheet1").Activate On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 18:49:30 -0700, "mark1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me why when I run the following code, I >get the "End If without block If" Error? > >Set r = Range("Name") >For n = 1 To r.R...