Exclude a folder from search

Using Outlook 2007 on Vista.

Is there a way to exclude a folder from either Instant or Advanced Search?
We would like to run searches from time to time that exclude emails in the
"Sent" folder.
--
www.editorialcalendar.net
0

instant: no.

advanced: yes, use the advanced tab and In Folder as the criteria and select
does not contain from the condition selector.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"pmperry" <pmperry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Outlook 2007 on Vista.
>
> Is there a way to exclude a folder from either Instant or Advanced Search?
> We would like to run searches from time to time that exclude emails in the
> "Sent" folder.
> --
> www.editorialcalendar.net

0
outlookmvp (5838)
7/5/2007 7:21:07 PM
Thanks. That worked.

--
www.editorialcalendar.net

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

> instant: no.
>
> advanced: yes, use the advanced tab and In Folder as the criteria and select
> does not contain from the condition selector.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "pmperry" <pmperry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using Outlook 2007 on Vista.
> >
> > Is there a way to exclude a folder from either Instant or Advanced Search?
> > We would like to run searches from time to time that exclude emails in the
> > "Sent" folder.
> > --
> > www.editorialcalendar.net

0
pmperry (5)

Datedif exclude weekends
Hello newsgroup gurus and users. Your kind assistance please. This question has probably been asked a millions times but I cant find it. Does any one have a solution to this. I want the date difference between two dates but exclude weekends. Many thanks Paul Paul, The NETWORKDAYS function will return the number of days, excluding weekend and optionally holidays, between two dates. See help for NETWORKDAYS for more information. This function is part of the Analysis Tool Pack add-in so you must have that add-in loaded; otherwise, you'll get a #NAME error. -- Cordially, Chip Pe...

tempWorkspace folder automatically created in OSDesigns
Hi, I just installed Windows CE 6 (i.e. Visual Studio 2005 with Platform Builder). When I create an OSDesign for the first time (i.e. Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 IDE: choose File->New->Project), a folder called "tempWorkspace" is created in the folder "OSDesigns". Why is this folder created and is it safe to delete it? Thanks. Regards, John John: I don't know why it is created, but you can delete it. If you want to test that, you can rename it and then build your project. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Euro...

Public folders
System info: Exchange 5.5 Std SP4, Win NT 4.0 We are an engineering company and struggling big time with proper organization of project emails. We have public folders established for projects where users can copy/move/forward emails. Right now, it's a mess, most messages are copied/moved/forwarded there multiple times by users since every email recipient does it just-in-case. It would help if we could implement some kind of duplicate checking in the public folder when a user tries to move/copy a message to it and forbid forwarding altogether so only original mails end up in the projec...

Creating webview folders inside a folder
I am creating a heirarchy of sub-folders, each with a web view and a web url. It all works fine for the main top level folder. However, when I click on the sub folders, they do not have their web view on. Nor do they have a web url in their properties. What gives? Here's the code. Private Sub Login() Dim lSettings As Settings = GetPersistedSettings() Dim nm As Outlook.NameSpace Dim folders As Outlook.Folders Dim fldfoo As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim exp As Outlook.Explorer nm = applicationObject.GetNamespace("MAPI") nm.AddS...

Having mails to a specific domain delivered to a specific queue folder and frozen
I would like to be able to get mails to a specific domain deliveres in a folder as eml files. What I have done is to create an virtual SMTP server that relays to a non-exsistent smart host, and I have created a connector the the domains address space. Then I have set the connector to use the newly created virtual SMTP server as local bridgehead. But emls are not showing up in the the vsi2\queue folder - shouldn't they? The folder is totally empty allthough there in the exchange admin queue are mails to this domain. Is there a better way to do this? Running Exch.2k3. Regards, Lar...

Sent folder not emptying
When I send emails they are being sent but the sent folder is not emptying and it still shows the items in bold as if not sent but I know they have been sent and received by the recipient. ...

Posting With WLM Not Saved In Sent Items Folder
Hi: I just sent another posting with WLM to other MS Newsgroups and for some reason my message sent was not saved in the Sent Items folder. However, the posting does appear in applicable Newsgroups. My email address for Newsgroups is of course fictitious and not my actual email address, but I never had this problem before with OE6 not saving my postings in Sent Items. ColTom2 Hi, ColTom. Are you looking in the right Sent Items? Sent emails go into Sent Items for that Mail Account. Sent Items for all newsgroups go into the Sent Items folder under Storage Folde...

Not able to acces public folders on outlook 2003
not able to access Public folders on outlook 2003 after installing office 2003 service pack. please let me know how to fix this issues What happens when you try? Did you try making a new profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your fav...

gci and -include and -exclude
I am trying get a limited set of files from a directory tree. The following is what i want but it doesn't work. I get everything. get-childitem -LiteralPath \rm5_0_code_h\source -include *.frm,*.ctl,*.bas,*.cls,*.cs,*.cpp,*.hpp,*.sql,*.java -Recurse I have even tried to exclude what i don't want but it doesn't seem to matter. get-childitem -LiteralPath $path -include *.frm,*.ctl,*.bas,*.cls,*.cs,*.cpp,*.hpp,*.sql,*.java -recurse -exclude *alter*.sql,*.dll,*.pdb,*.ncb,*.tlb,*.scc,*.bmp,*.ico i still get them all. what am i doing wrong? dan you have to a...

Exclude a cell
Excel 2002 Any one know how I can sum all the cell values in a column except the value of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down the column? Is there a function to exclude a particular cell from "sum" ? I know a lot of ppl are far more advanced than I am but we all start somewhere lol Thanks for your help Dale To exclude cell A16: =SUM(A:A)-A16 Not very elegant, but effcient! Cheers, -- AP "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news: xB6sg.51172$181.12831@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Excel 2002 > &...

Copies of sent mail go to my Sent Items folder instead of other mailbox Sent folder.
Experts, I have two Exchange 2000 mailboxes, of which I use the Outlook client to access. In this other mailbox, from which I occasionally send email, I noticed copies of sent mail go to my own mailbox Sent Items folder instead of the other mailboxes Sent Items folder. Is this a feature that can be changed? -- Regards, Spin ...

Public Folder Help Needed
I created a public folder which I gave limited rights to some of my users. I was the owner of the folder. Now, when I click on the properties, it tells me that I'm a publishing editor, and I can't make any changes to the form used, give additional users permission, etc. I tried logging in as the administrator, and it says that is a publishing editor as well. How can I give myself owner rights? Thanks, Glenn You'll need to edit the permissions using ADSI Edit. See the article below. ADSI Edit will get you out of alot of jams if you remove yourself from the exchange hiera...

expanding folders
I am sure I am overlooking something in Outlook 2003. OE has a setting where it would expand the folders for other mail accounts (such as hotmail) when a unread item is in them. example is a new message comes in and it expands the hotmail folders. Can outlook 2003 be configured like this? I did not see a setting and a google brought up a lot of items not really answering my question. thanks all! -- Dave M Etna, Maine USA Radeon 9800Pro 256mb P4 2.8 oc to 3.1 -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -...

Excluding zeros
I have stock data in excel which I'd like to chart using the high low close option. Problem is that the data contains zeros on some days. Can I get excel to ignore the zeros instead of plotting them. If not what's the best way of converting these zeros to blank cells so that Excel does not chart them. Thank you Hi Ben, Two ways: 1) replace zeros (or missing data) by =NA() 2) Tools/Options/Chart and specify what is to be done with missing values. Bernard "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075901c3bff5$94a57530$a001280a@phx.gbl... &...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

Search and copy files. Look up destination folder in a range
I need help in doing this: I have an excel worsheet that have columns for destination folder and corresponding file to search for. The files to be search for will have wild cards e.g *total*.*. What I want to do is create a macro that will search for call values in a range, copy the result of the search to the corresponding destination folder for example column A(files to search for) column(Destination folder) column c (source always c:\documents) *total*.* total_cost c:\documents *accounts*.* ...

Contacts folder could not be displayed
Here's what I do to re-create the error. I create a new message, then click on the 'To:' button. Then this error pops up. 'The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Office Outlook Help.' However, the contacts are present in my contact address book. It's just I cannot select them from the "To" button. I've tried the h...

Search for all account addresses?
Hi, I am using the More Addresses on the Account form. BUT is there a way to retrieve or search for accounts based on these additional address fields? Regards, Siggi There is not built-in support for this. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:03:23 -0000, "Sigurdur Hilmarsson" <sh@nyherji.is> wrote: Hi, I am using the More Addresses on the Account form. BUT is there a way to retrieve or search for accounts based on these additional address fields? Regards, Siggi ...

excluding repeating values
I have a column wuth date and some entries are repeating. I want to copy that data to another column, but do not want to copy duplicate values ( I want to exclude repeating values when copying and pasting). Is there an option to do that? Thanks. Neda Take a look at http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR In article <CE251167-21F0-470D-9641-508FD96D54FD@microsoft.com>, "neda5" <neda5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column wuth date and some entries are repeating. I want to copy that > data to another column, but do not want to c...

Moving messages into a folder fails
I have a folder that I created. I move messages into that folder after they have been read. Today I can no longer move messages into said folder. Is there a limit to how many messages can be placed into a folder? This is the second time this has happened. The first folder stopped accepting messages when it grew in size to 62,308K. The 2nd folder stopped accepting messages when it became 52,268K in size. Perhaps there is nothing to the folder size and they do not accept messages for another reason? JW Hi Jerry. In Outlook 2000 there is a size limit for PSTs - Pesonal Folders and it...

Outlook attachment temporary folder
In outlook 2000, the attachment will be saved to a fixed location, defined under the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Security\OutlookSecu reTempFolder (from KB KB249793) The temporary file will be removed from those temporary location usually, but not always. It may leave some files behind in this folder. How to make sure that Outlook will clear up the temporary file inside that folder? The only way to insure that outlook deletes the temps is to close the attachment before moving to a new message. "Samuel" <hi@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Excluding Rows During Printout
Hi, Is there a way to automatically exclude rows when printing an Excel sheet? I have a list of items (in two colums) in a work sheet similar to this: Task Time ----------- ------- Task A: 1 Task B: 0 Task C: 2 Task D: 0 Task E: 0 Task F: 0 Task G: 4 Task H: 1 When I print the worksheet I only want to print lines where the time cell is not zero. So the printout from the previous data would look like this: Task Time ----------- ------- Task A: 1 Task C: 2 Task G: 4 Task H: 1 Is there a...

Outlook 2002 will Not save messages into Inbox folder
I am receiving Email and I get the notice that new mail has arrived and if I want to read it. I say OK and I am able to read the Email but after closing the message the header is Not saved in the Inbox folder therefore I cannot read at a later time. Any help is appreciated Mimis <Mimis> wrote: > I am receiving Email and I get the notice that new mail has arrived > and if I want to read it. I say OK and I am able to read the Email > but after closing the message the header is Not saved in the Inbox > folder therefore I cannot read at a later time. > Any help is apprecia...

distribution lists convert to folder?
Hi there, How can I convert distribution lists to a folder? I want to take all the exisiting contacts out of a distribution list and dump them into a new folder. I have OL 2003 and when I hit copy and paste, it just takes the dist list as it is and put it again as a dist list in the new folder. I want to have the contacts broken down just like a regular contact list.... Thanks, Gordon Save the DL as a text file. Open it in Notepage and clean out the top couple of lines that have the address. Save and import into the desired folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft...

mark unread as long as mail is in this folder
Hi, Is it possible to create a rule that would leave the messages marked unread as long as they are in one folder and only after they are moved to another folder they would be marked read. Or any other way of keeping certain specific messages "highlighted". Thanks sami If you're using OL2003 you could flag the messages to keep them note-worthy. "sami.s" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:%23Z5%23e7ZIGHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible to create a rule that would leave the messages marked > unread > as long as they are ...