Exchange

Exchange halted with the following message.
Error 1706
Extended bios data area memory has been corrupted.  Array
controller INT 13H.  BIOS cannot continue.

Any ideas?
0
deparris (1)

Exchange Information Store did not start
After i removed the Exchange 2000 server, the email stopped so i restarted the Exchange 2003. This server has been a little problem since upgrading the server to Windows 2003SP1. The Information Store does not automatically start. I have been sent a fix to remove the Exchange 2003 service and reinstall it but have not had the opportunity to complete that task yet. A reboot on the Exchange Server makes me manually start the Information Store and MTA. This time the Information Store errored out and the services showed the Information Store as 'Starting'. I could not do anything wit...

Exchange 2003 Not Storing Email in Sent Items
We just migrated over to 2003 and Exchange 2003 and have been noticing sporadic occasions of some email not being saved in sent items. No, there are no filter, rules or anything on the outlook clients and this does NOT happen on ever mail so "save sent items" is turned on. At first it seemed that it was only emails that were old but I have users reporting that after creating a brand new email they are not stored. I have another user that when he forwards a certain email it will not show up no matter how many times you try. I've logged in using OWE and other workstations with ...

Exchange Active Sync #4
I have a user with a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Sprint advertises that this is supported by Exchange 2003 Server Active Sync. Microsoft has documented that Active Sync is included with Exchange 2003 at no additional cost. I have not been able to find documentation on how to install and configure Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Can anyone point me to Microsoft or Sprint/PalmOne documentation on how to setup Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Treo 650? I work with the American Red Cross, a non-profit organization. I appreciate your help and support. On ...

'ID no: 80090324 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant occurred'
Has anyone out there come across the error above. I cannot start the System Attendant on a Front End server, which is configured the same as the back end server for all TCP/IP related information. When I searched Google I came across http://www.exchangeserverhelp.com/ftopic3791.html. I have verified the information suggested in this link, and yet I cannot start the SA. Any suggestions someone? "TD" <TD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone out there come across the error above. I cannot start the System >Attendant on a Front End server, which is configure...

Exchange 2003 Default Mail Box
In Exchange 5.5 there used to be Default mail box where all unresolved recipient emails used to get diverted. I am unable to find a setting in Exchange 2003 to achieve this.All the incoming SMTP mail with misspelt name stay in the queue untill expiry time and then get deleted. I have no possiblity to correct recipient address in the queue also. Is any one able to help in this regard? Any tips for this will be appreciated. Thanks These mails are usually deposited in the Bad Mail Folder under your exchsrvr directory. You can verify by checking your SMTP VS settings. -- John Oliver, J...

Exchange 2003 & deleting SMTP address
Hi all, Under 5.5 we could delete the SMTP address of a user, who was terminated or left, to disallow email from coming in from the outside. Under 2003, if you only have theSMTP address, it won't let you delete it because it is the primary address. Is there a way to bypass this or some function I am not aware of to delete the address. We don't delete or archive the email account right away for various reasons but need to disable smtp traffic. Thanks in advance. Chris Do you disable the user account once they leave? If this is the case anyone who sends to this user will receive...

Entourage stops connecting with Exchange server
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel From time to time Entourage does not seem to be able to connect to the Exchange server. Under Leopard this usually happens after I work offline for a while then attempt to go back online. Connection is across a VPN. It usually resolves itself after a while (typically 10 - 15 minutes). It's almost as if Entourage needs some time to think about whether or not it wants to talk to the Exchange server. I upgraded my O/S to Snow Leopard a few hours ago. And Entourage is still unable to connect to the Exchange server. In f...

Exchange 5.5 user problem: not receiving mail until sending mail
Hi - One (only one) user does not receive internal mail from a different site until he sends mail to that site (both servers Exchange 5.5, client is Windows XP w/ Outlook 2000 SP3), then he gets whatever is waiting for him in the queue all at once. Does not seem to happen when sending to the outside, only on internal servers--and it's only one user? Weird. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue or what is going on? Thanks! bhr The new mail notification uses UDP - it's likely that this is being blocked on the workstation itself by the built-in firewall after applying SP1 for XP. He...

Dynamics CRM 4 without Exchange but with Lotus Domino
Hi everyone, I'd like to know if in Dynamics CRM v4 you need exchange to route the incoming mail to the queues, because I have heard that in version 4 you don't need to have exchange server. We have Lotus Domino as email server and we'd like to get the incoming mail via E-mail Router Configuration Mnager in Dynamics CRM v4. I don't know if these steps are correct: 1. Create two profiles (one for incoming mails and one for outgoing mails) 2. Create a new deployment to connect with dynamics CRM server. 3. Load Data. 4. Modify the incoming or outgoing profile for a user or que...

Exchange 2007 archiving
Hi, I want to setup a simple procedure to archive all messages for all mailboxes on my server, on a yearly basis. My idea is to run the following command for each one : Export-Mailbox -Identity mailbox1 -PSTFolderPath d:\export\mailbox1-2009.pst -StartDate "2009/01/01" -EndDate "2009/12/31" Customers will open the corresponding PST file whenever they need. I'm wondering if all folders are exported. According to Technet (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb266964%28EXCHG.80%29.aspx), only the standard folders (Inbox, Sent Items, Junk, ...) ...

Exchange server reboot to allow check name in outlook
Why on a daily basis do I need to reboot the exchange server in order for the "Check Name" feature in outlook to work. If I reboot, it will work for a while but when I add new users in AD, after a day or so, I have to reboot for the feature to work. If there is a service that I can restart for this to work, it would be much easier than rebooting the server. Thanks, Dan - MCP You should not need to do this so there is something else going on and you need to identify the underlying issue. Can you explain in more detail what is happening? Nue "Field Support Rep" <...

Is exchange server a good choice for an office with 5 pcs?
I work for a small company. There is "the boss", a secretary, and two other people who occaisionally use a pc. We had been networking as a workgroup until last week. All pcs had access to various files on a shared network drive. Last week, the owner's son (who works for a large corporation IT department hundreds of miles away) decided we needed to go client server. He purchased a domain server, changed us from workgroup to domain based computing, and installed Exchange Server. Since then we have had lots of problems. This reconfiguration was done without any analysi...

Unable to HIDE addresses in GAL with Exchange 2003 mixed mode
I am running a new Exchange 2003 server in mixed mode with an Exchange 5.5 server. I have an ADC connection agreement that is working to my old server. I mark users as "Hide from address lists", but this has no effect. These users and distribution lists still appear in the GAL. The Recipient Update Service is running, and working. I have rebuilt and forced them to replicate with no change. I have seen many posts on Google with this problem, but no solutions. Little help??? Aaron Gabrielson aaron_gabrielson@hotmail.com they show in the GAL on the 2003 side, or the 5.5 side? ...

Exchange 2003 and a Linux box
Until last week, we ran a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory environment(single domain) with a sole, ancient Exchange 5.5 server on a Windows NT box. About a year ago, some outside company brought in a Sun Server and, without my intervention, was able to set up that box to email outside the company a report every week. To my knowledge, nobody had to do anything to the Exchange server to get this to work. Now last week we migrated that sole exchange server to Exchange 2003. Everything works perfectly, but that Sun Server no longer can send out emails. The Sun server has the new IP ...

Move forms in public folders 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello all, I recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 using ADC and things were fine. I later deleted ADC and moved Exchange 2003 to native mode. I recently found out that the public folders have not been migrated. I earler used the pfmigrate script in exchange 2003. For some reason it had just created blank folders with no data on it. Now i want to migrate/transfer the public folders content(like forms) from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 computer. Please help. Best, Karthik ...

Exchange Eval 2003
Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to Expire? Thanks Roger Crawford HTS On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:34:18 -0600, Roger Crawford wrote: > Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to > Expire? Thanks Add 120 days to the installation date, if you're unsure when Exchange actually was installed, check the "Exchange Server Setup Progress.log" file typically found on your C: drive. Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

sharing calendars with exchange
Hi, I'm looking to setup a new AD based network with 2 physical sites to begin with. Each of these sites will have a Windows 2003 server for file/print and another one for Exchange. The sites will be be connected via a VPN over ADSL (512k/256k) to begin with, but 10mbit/s at a later date. Since there is only going to be 1 AD will any calendars that are shared, be viewable by users at both sites? Thanks If this is posted in the incorrect place, please let mw know. Ian ...

exchange 2003...service pack 3?
Now that Exchange 2007 is available, is it unlikely that there will be a Service Pack 3 for Exchange 2003? Will SP2 likely be the last large update for Exchange 2003? Drew Drew <drew@drew.com> wrote: >Now that Exchange 2007 is available, is it unlikely that there will be >a Service Pack 3 for Exchange 2003? Best guess? I doubt there'll be another SP for E2K3. But that's just me opining, not MS giving an answer. >Will SP2 likely be the last large >update for Exchange 2003? To get a definitive answer you'd have to ask MS that question, and I don't thin...

Exchange 2003 SP1 change RTF ????
Hello I use netfolder with Exchange 2003 (before SP1) and it works fine.. The mail in Rich Text Format was good pass throught the server. After the SP1, the server apparently change the format of this file and now, i have a mail with a joined file with means that is not in RTF. Thanks for Al Bye ! ...

OWA/Outlook and Exchange 2003
Messages deleted in the Outlook 2003 client still show up in the inbox when accessing messages in OWA. When I try delete them in OWA I get an error message that says "Some items cannot be deleted. They were either moved, already deleted, or access was denied". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. -tc TC, I am having the same issue it would appear. I initially see the issue with a download error from POP3 clients. I have been instructing my users to log in to OWA, select the offending message (which typically is an NDR), then move it to the Deleted or Junk items folder,...

Exchange and Outlook settings
Hello, Does anyone know how to download email from an Exchange server to outlook 2000? but I want to leave a copy of my emails on the server since I can use Outlook Web Access. I tried going to the Delivery settings of my profile and selected Download to PST file. When I did that, it downloaded every single email from the server to my pst file, but when I tried OWA there was nothing there. I would appreciate any help. Deselect downloading to the .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, C...

Exchange with Static ports
I am being asked by the network group in my company to try and limit the ports that exchange/outlook use. They would like to limit them for monitoring/traffic control/QoS refinement purposes. I have found the following KB's and wanted to know if anyone out here has had any experience with doing this. I am wondering if I can statically define the Exchange ports and let the EndPoint Mapper tell the outlook clients to connect to these ports, if that would limit the ports used. I am not sure if this can be done on only the exchange side, or if the clients would also have to be defined....

Exchange Migration Forest Trust
Hello all Our compnay recently purchased another company and now I must migrate or import all the emails from the company we bought to our Exchange server. Company B is the comapny we bought, company A is the production company. Both domains are running Windows 2003 and are in 2000 native mode, i have setup a two way forest trust between the two forests. Becaue the Exchange servers are in different admin and routing groups i cant use the Migration wizard to migrate the mailboxes over, but what I was thinking of doing was first using Exmerge to export the emails from company B's Exc...

Exchange 2000
We are looking at upgrading our Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 because you cannot run Exchange 2000 on Windows 2003. But it is very expensive. We have 2000 with 25 cals. Is there an upgrade path? Can we use the same Cals or is there an Upgrade price if you already own Cals. If not, than we will just stay with 2000 on a Windows 2000 Server. Thanks, Tom There is always an upgrade. Contact MS or local Reseller to see what the pricing options are. Nue "tshad" <tscheiderich@ftsolutions.com> wrote in message news:%23vi8PPKOGHA.2816@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > We...

Exchange 2003 to 5.5. GAL import
Hi, We are trying to find way to import Exchange 2003 GAL into Exchange 5.5 . I appreciate if anyone help me . http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=xadm+bulk&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&ast=8&ast=9&mode=a or some 3rd party directory synchronisation tools. ZigZig wrote: > Hi, > > We are trying to find way to import Exchange 2003 GAL into Exchange 5.5 . I > appreciate if anyone help me . ...