Exchange user

When i set up a new user, is there a way to automaticly have outlook pull
the user informaion to set it up for exchange when the user logs into the
domain on the computer?

0
Bruce5976 (6)

Not pull but use. Use the Custom Installation Wizard to create a mst-file or
prf-file to deploy the settings.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"microsoft" <Bruce@italianhome.org> wrote in message
> When i set up a new user, is there a way to automaticly have outlook pull
> the user informaion to set it up for exchange when the user logs into the
> domain on the computer?

0
Roady
12/9/2004 4:36:46 PM
Ehm... "use" should be "push" oc course :-)

--

message news:uGZrg2g3EHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Not pull but use. Use the Custom Installation Wizard to create a mst-file
> or prf-file to deploy the settings.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "microsoft" <Bruce@italianhome.org> wrote in message
>> When i set up a new user, is there a way to automaticly have outlook pull
>> the user informaion to set it up for exchange when the user logs into the
>> domain on the computer?

0
Roady
12/10/2004 8:03:57 AM
So there is no way of just saying always use serverX and use the logged in
username?

message news:uneL76o3EHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Ehm... "use" should be "push" oc course :-)
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:uGZrg2g3EHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Not pull but use. Use the Custom Installation Wizard to create a mst-file
>> or prf-file to deploy the settings.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>
>> -----
>> "microsoft" <Bruce@italianhome.org> wrote in message
>>> When i set up a new user, is there a way to automaticly have outlook
>>> pull the user informaion to set it up for exchange when the user logs
>>> into the domain on the computer?

0
Bruce5976 (6)
12/10/2004 1:53:06 PM
Yes, you can configure that in the prf-file. Have you taken a look at that
already?

--

> So there is no way of just saying always use serverX and use the logged in
> username?
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:uneL76o3EHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Ehm... "use" should be "push" oc course :-)
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>
>> -----
>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>> in message news:uGZrg2g3EHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> Not pull but use. Use the Custom Installation Wizard to create a
>>> mst-file or prf-file to deploy the settings.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>>
>>> Tips of the month:
>>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>>
>>> -----
>>> "microsoft" <Bruce@italianhome.org> wrote in message

0
Roady
12/10/2004 8:13:15 PM
No, how do i do that?

message news:eTXJKUv3EHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Yes, you can configure that in the prf-file. Have you taken a look at that
> already?
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "microsoft" <Bruce@italianhome.org> wrote in message
>> So there is no way of just saying always use serverX and use the logged
>> in username?
>>

>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>> in message news:uneL76o3EHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Ehm... "use" should be "push" oc course :-)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>>
>>> Tips of the month:
>>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>>
>>> -----
>>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>>> in message news:uGZrg2g3EHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

0
Bruce5976 (6)
12/13/2004 2:09:11 PM
Download and install the Office Resource Kit from Microsoft and start the

> No, how do i do that?
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:eTXJKUv3EHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Yes, you can configure that in the prf-file. Have you taken a look at
>> that already?
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>
>> -----
>> "microsoft" <Bruce@italianhome.org> wrote in message
>>> So there is no way of just saying always use serverX and use the logged
>>> in username?
>>>

>>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>>> in message news:uneL76o3EHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

0
Roady

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

New user profile cannot access CRM
Howdy, I had an issue with my windows/domain profile so I wiped it out and created me a new one, on the same machine. Now CRM isn't showing up at all. What's the deal? I can't find it Add/remove programs to reinstall it. The C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM folder is still there with all of the DLLs, and I tried adding crmaddin.dll to Outlook but that just crashed it. How do I get it back, short of manually uninstalling it and from MSDE? Thanks, David Lozzi dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com The problem is, when you wiped out your profile, you most likely also wiped out the CR...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

User win32 dll
Hi I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. How can I do so. Regards Usman > I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I > have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. > How can I do so. You just need to link against the .lib file. What exactly is that you are not able to do? --- Ajay There's a function in the Dll that I've to use i.e MyDllFunction(unsinged int) In my MFC application, I...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Win 7 and Too Many Users
Most of our boxes are XP, but a couple of them are Win 7. Also, the XP boxes have Access xp (2002) installed, but the Win 7 boxes have Access 2003. Problem: when a user on Win 7 opens an access program, all of the xp users then get a "Too many users" error when they attempt to open the same access program. It only takes one Win 7 user to kill all attempts by xp users to open a file. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem, or perhaps have more information about what may be causing it? Thanks in advance for any help. Fred That sounds like a permissions...

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

All the users .. gone..
Hi, I've got a weird one.. On my test environment, some time durring the Chirstmas period, Project Server event service stopped working.. since then (or so it appears), all my useres have disappeared from the Server settings - > Manage Users page. They are still visible under Site Settings - Users and groups etc.. they are still visible when I go to manage groups, then select individual group (e.g. Administrators or Team Members).. they are just not listed when in 'Manage Users' page. Consequently, when I try to open a project schedule via Project Prfessioanl...

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg
We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our backups finish without any problems. Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few emails not the complete contents of the mailbox. After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolv...

Restore Exchange...help!!!!
My 'broken' Exchange2003\win2003 server (not DC) had it's partitions labelled...'system' for C:\, 'Exchange' for D: and 'logs' for E:. How important is it I label the new Exchange server drives the same before the restore (I am not sure of the EXACT names!!!) Also my log files were all on drive D:\ (the only things on that drive) do I need to restore them too...they may not be exactly in sync with the other data being restored? Finally, what part of my 'Exchsvr' folder do I need to restore from backup? I think that may be a few days older tha...

New User
Hi, I am trying to create a bar graph in excel 2000. I am new with this so please bear with me. What I have is 3 columns: Column a Department (text) Column b Units (numeric value) Column C Cost (dollar amount) I would like to graph to show the Units On the value axis and the Department to show on the category axis. I can do this. but what I also want and I don't know how to do is to put the Dollar Amount as a Label in the category bar. Is this possible? Thanks for any suggestions and all help!!! XY Chartlabeler from www.appspro.com and ChartTools from www.j-walk.com allow one to...