EXchange SERVER not available #3

Hello.
When I load my outlook 2003 on my new HP computer, it won't load and get
stuck when trying to load welcome settings.  It also says my Server is not
unavailable when I can access it via the internet (is a univeristy account).
I tried to download Eudora using IMAP and same thing happened. The exact
directions from my university settings/server were followed. Please help. I
have repaired/reinstalled office and have the same problem. Whose fault is
this the computer, program, or server. Have emailed server people for help.
Thanks. VAS
0
VAS (12)

I'd start with saying the server is at fault followed by possibly a firewall
on your machine blocking access to that server.

"VAS" <VAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
> When I load my outlook 2003 on my new HP computer, it won't load and get
> stuck when trying to load welcome settings.  It also says my Server is not
> unavailable when I can access it via the internet (is a univeristy
> account).
> I tried to download Eudora using IMAP and same thing happened. The exact
> directions from my university settings/server were followed. Please help.
> have repaired/reinstalled office and have the same problem. Whose fault is
> this the computer, program, or server. Have emailed server people for
> help.

0
vince8328 (2733)
9/11/2005 8:48:12 PM

In news:C5EF4E78-AC6F-4272-880C-2D468D31D43C@microsoft.com,
VAS <VAS@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Hello.
> When I load my outlook 2003 on my new HP computer, it won't load and
> get stuck when trying to load welcome settings.  It also says my
> Server is not unavailable when I can access it via the internet (is a
> univeristy account). I tried to download Eudora using IMAP and same
> thing happened. The exact directions from my university
> settings/server were followed. Please help. I have
> repaired/reinstalled office and have the same problem. Whose fault is
> this the computer, program, or server. Have emailed server people for
> help. Thanks. VAS

I agree with Vince. If you're having the same problem with Eudora, it
clearly isn't a problem with Outlook.

0
lanwench (7567)

Outlook 2000 hangs #3
Hi there, I am running Windows XP with Outlook 2000. I configured my mailbox settings but when I go to start Outlook, the program just hangs. The same thing happens when I view Outlook Properties and select the Delivery tab. Does anyone know what might be causing this? You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus causing the hangups. Try renaming or deleting your outcmd.dat file while Outlook is closed. Renaming it might be the best i...

Could NOT change mail address after windows server 2003 sp1
Exchange Server 20003 SP1 on Server 2003 Enterprise After upgrade to Win Server 2003 SP1 only users who are members of Local Administrators Group (in Exchange 2003 server) can change an email address. They can create new mail enabled users (with default addresses) The error message is An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension What errors do you see in the event logs (specifically the application log and system log). That sounds rea...

Is there no way to view individual messages in Exchange 03?
After much Googling, I've learned: 1) Exchange 2003 disabled the "M drive" feature, and 2) Messing around with individual messages in the M drive is a bad idea anyhow. So, is there anyway from the Exchange 03 System Manager to view/open/manage individual email messages? Or must I use Outlook or OWA to do this? Thanks... N2 You need Outlook or OWA to do it... -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "N2" <none@nunya.com> wrote in message news:_VNud.4773$ve.2836@fed1read06... > After much Go...

Disable recall message on the server
Hi, Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management would like to make it so it never works on our server. We are using Exch 2003 sp1. Thanks, Debra In news:191B223A-D29E-406E-BE23-D378B9647B2A@microsoft.com, Debra <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server > side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook > client, but management would like to make it so it never works on...

disable forwarding feature exchange 2003 in OWA
Does anyone know of a way to disable this feature in outlook web access for exchange 2003? we would like to restrict mailbox forwarding to an administrative only task. thank you team! -- nick If you did this, what would prevent the user from simply using the "Reply" function and changing the recipients address or creating a new email and pasting in the contents of the messages they want to forward? On Mon, 3 May 2004 15:44:52 -0400, "Nicholas Oneil" <nick@logicworks.net> wrote: >Does anyone know of a way to disable this feature in outlook web access for &...

Select SQL Server During Installation
Hi, I am installing MS CRM in this environment: - SBS 2000 SP3 with SQL 2000 SP3 + Excahnge + Domain Controller - I want to install MS CRM 1.2 on Win 2003 Machine added to the SBS Domains. The user who is doing the installation is member of the domains admins and entreprise admins. It is important to note that we have an instance of SQL Server called BKUPEXEC. The following Services on the sql server are running: SQLAGENT$BKUPEXEC : MSSQLSERVER$BKUPEXEC Question 1: Is the following architecture supported? SBS (DC + SQL + Exchange) on one server. MS CRM on another server (win2003) added...

Convert Excel to comma delimited text #3
Thank you! That did the trick. -- deacs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2321 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=266960 ...

Counting #3
How do I count the number of entries in a column so that duplicat entries are only counted once -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi If you have a look at Chip Pearson's web site (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm) you will find the following: --- Counting Unique Entries In A Range To count the number of unique entries in the list, use the following array formula: =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(LEN(Range1)>0,MATCH(Range1,Range1,0),""), IF(LEN(Range1)>0,MATCH(Range1,Range1,0),""))>0,1)) This will return the number of unique entries in Range1...

HELP!!! Migrating to Exchange 2000 Exchange2k Setup always Fails! (REVISED)
I posted this before but here is a clearer explanation of what's going on. I have gone throught the procedure below 5 times now this is not a fluke. Please Help! I thought this would make things easier. This my test lab setup procedure from scratch. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! 1) Clean install NT4 PDC SP6a (with underscore in domain name to simulate production enviorment) 2) Clean install of NT4 as Member Server SP6a 3) Clean install of Exchange 5.5 and SP4 using domains built in admin account to simulate production enviorment. 4) Build a few mailboxes and user accounts, I don...

Common OWA name space without a Font end server
After months of planning, purchasing and installing several Exchange 2003 servers I have come to the unfortunate realization that I need a Front end / Back end server architecture in order to have a common URL for my internet OWA clients to check there mail. I have multiple E2k3 servers hosting my users mailboxes but I would like my internet users to go to a common URL to get to their own OWA. I undersand the security advantages with a Front end / Back end architecture but did not realize that a common external URL would not be possible. Is this true? This was not the case with exchang...

Average Exchange Rate
Does anyone have the exact calculation of the average exchange rate that GP uses during revaluation using either period balances or net change? The amounts we're getting are higher than any of the actual rates entered during the year. We don't have many transations so I'd like to recalculate manually to see if we have a problem iwth setup, data entry or the program itself. Thanks ...

Problems with installing Outlook client user terminal server
Dear all, We are having problems installing the Outlook client on our Terminal service environment. The web client works great but when Outlook is started it crashes straight away and we get error messages in the server event log "There was a problem connecting to the authenticating server". Do you know the "log in" diference between CRM using Outlook and CRM using web client ? Is it possible that the system is trying to log into other services than the web client does typically ? ...

Default Mail Account #3
I recently run into a problem with an sbs network. My clients select their pop3 account as default but when rebooting the Exchange account becomes the default account. What can i do with this ? I want the pop3 account to be the default. What version of Outlook are you working with? The reason that I ask is that POP3 and Exchange in the same profile tends to be a bad mix in earlier versions. "makis" <sera@mind.gr> wrote in message news:ucI%233u%23xFHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I recently run into a problem with an sbs network. > My clients select their pop3 ac...

Running CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0 on the same server
I am in the process of testing conversion from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and want to know if it is possible to run both on the same server concurrently. I currently have a test CRM 3.0 set up and would like to install and run CRM 4.0 in a second data base on the same SQL Server and Web Server. Is this possible? Al Pemberton CRM uses Active Directory to link the users in and create security groups, especially CRM3. I would not do this. "Al Pemberton" wrote: > I am in the process of testing conversion from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and > want to know if it is possible to run both on t...

change a table to 3 columns only (Rows instead of Table)
Hi, I am looking forward to your inputs, I have a table, here is a sample: Dept1 Dept2 Dept3 Dept4 Div1 1 2 3 4 Div2 5 6 7 8 Div3 9 10 11 12 How can I change the above table to 3 columns only (Rows instead of Table): Div1 Dept1 1 Div1 Dept2 2 Div1 Dept3 3 Div1 Dept4 4 Div2 Dept1 5 Div2 Dept2 6 Div2 Dept3 7 Div2 Dept4 8 Div3 Dept1 9 Div3 Dept2 10 Div3 Dept3 11 Div3 Dept4 12 The table I have is huge, doing the above manually will be very time consuming. Thanks Mo Hi see your other posts -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mo wrote: > Hi, > > I am lookin...

GP10 with Server & SQL 2008
The server is running perfectly. Trying to get client workstations connected and I am getting this error on examination of the testBCP file resaults in: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Connection is not enabled for BCP Derek, If your OS and SQL Server are 64-bit versions, take a look at the following KB article: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb$en-us$918983&wa=wsignin1.0 Specifically, you will want to check the ODBC configuration options. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglob...

Print preview #3
Hi, I have a sheet which has many columns. When I use PRINT PREVIEW, I didn't see the columns lines. However, when I print it out, it looks ok. Please tell me what happened to the sheet and how I can fix it. Thank you Loi ...

Outlook folders not saved in users Exchange mailbox store
I am the admin and I can see that my other users have log on time, number and size of messages, and log of time. I have one user that has log on and off times but no number and size of messages. Is it possible for a user to configure their account to hide this information? On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:00:56 -0700, jimsmith <jimsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am the admin and I can see that my other users have log on time, number and >size of messages, and log of time. I have one user that has log on and off >times but no number and size of messages. Is it possibl...

Export Exchange 5.5 Mailbox resouces to CSV file.
I know how to export the Private Information store--Mailbox resouces to a csv by Click on "Save Window Contents" Is there a way I can do this from the command line? I am trying to do it from a either a batch file or a VBScript Thanks for any input Mark http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imims.htm IMI Mailbox Statistics - look for IMI Mailbox Statistics Console Application" (as separate download). With this add-on (which is totally independent application), most MS-Exchange administrators can to automate their tasks and be more productive. Add-on export information to Com...

Backup of Exchange Server
I am getting following error while backing the Microsoft Information Store. What might be the problem. Backup started on 27-Dec-04 at 5:30 PM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-' The operation was ended. What are you using to back up Exchange? 3rd party software (Veritas...

Password #3
Hi, I have forgotten the password I put for a excel statement I created. Can some one help me open this file? Thanks Kasey ...

AVM Ken together with Exchange Server 2000
Hi ther has anyone experience in using AVM Ken together with Exchange Server200 Thank Andreas "mtsw" <ab@mtsw.de> wrote: >has anyone experience in using AVM Ken together with Exchange Server2000 I think it requires the companion product AVM Barbie. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

DPM hangs at consistency check after swapping protecting servers
Last week, we swapped one of the servers protected by DPM 2007SP2 on Windows Server2003. We kept the same server name, same Raid configuration and transfered all the data. Manually re-install DPM on the new server. Remove and recreate protection group on DPM server. Keeps getting "Inconsistent replica" and when rerun, the "consistency check" job stucks at 67mb. There is new volume created in the replica folder in DPM server. I manually moved all the files from old volume to the new volume folders. Rerun but still getting hung at "consistency check...

change CRM server name in the outlook client
hei, is there any way to change crm server name in the outlook client. i do not want to reinstall the client again. thanks RG You can change the WebAppUrl if that's what you mean. With that you can point it to another url to access the crm app. In the registry, you can change the key WebAppUrl in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "RG" <RG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E8E5D78-9855-446F-BDF3-62C851A01B09@microsoft.com... > hei, > is there any wa...

Exchange 2003 X400 Message Queue Problem
I had an Exchange 5.5 server go down but since it had old terminated user mailboxes we are not going to try and recover it. The x400 queues in Exchange 2003 server are growing from emails being sent to one of the recipients thru a script and I would like to open one of the messages for viewing but not sure how. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, JoeAHM On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:44:46 -0500, "JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@americanhm.com> wrote: >I had an Exchange 5.5 server go down but since it had old terminated user >mailboxes we are not going to try and recover...