Exchange - Outlook [Draft and Notes Folder]

In Outlook 2007:

1. Draft folder is visible but contents are not! (i can see the number of 
message but not the messages)
2. Notes folder is NOT visible. (funny thing is that if i make a shortuct i 
can see it)

In BOTH cases all is OK in OWA.


Evan Camilleri

http://www.holistic.com.mt
http://www.dotnetmushroom.com
http://www.mobilesalesman.com 

0
evanc (3)
2/9/2009 10:44:51 AM
outlook 87535 articles. 10 followers. Follow

4 Replies
1561 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 44

1) Perhaps you have a filter set to your view?
Verify that the view has been set to "Sent To" and reset it if necessary.

2) Does it show when you switch to the Notes Navigation or use the Folder 
List Navigation to see all your folders in the message store?
The default Mail Navigation doesn't show any Notes folder.

-- 
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more

http://www.msoutlook.info/
Real World Questions, Real World Answers

-----

"Evan Camilleri" <evanc@holistic.com.mt.no.spam> wrote in message 
news:5483E0D2-A220-4D3E-BC35-253A5EB602EE@microsoft.com...
> In Outlook 2007:
>
> 1. Draft folder is visible but contents are not! (i can see the number of 
> message but not the messages)
> 2. Notes folder is NOT visible. (funny thing is that if i make a shortuct 
> i can see it)
>
> In BOTH cases all is OK in OWA.
>
>
> Evan Camilleri
>
> http://www.holistic.com.mt
> http://www.dotnetmushroom.com
> http://www.mobilesalesman.com 

0
Roady
2/9/2009 11:08:14 AM
1) When I go to drafts folder i can see bottom left 'Filter Applied' and
then '4 items' but NO items show up.  I checked properties sync and there is
no filter.  I set initial view to 'sent to', i restarted pc but still no go.

2) YES, as you said. thanks

Evan


"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote in
message news:%23v9R9aqiJHA.4200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> 1) Perhaps you have a filter set to your view?
> Verify that the view has been set to "Sent To" and reset it if necessary.
>
> 2) Does it show when you switch to the Notes Navigation or use the Folder
> List Navigation to see all your folders in the message store?
> The default Mail Navigation doesn't show any Notes folder.
>
> -- 
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>
> -----
>
> "Evan Camilleri" <evanc@holistic.com.mt.no.spam> wrote in message
> news:5483E0D2-A220-4D3E-BC35-253A5EB602EE@microsoft.com...
>> In Outlook 2007:
>>
>> 1. Draft folder is visible but contents are not! (i can see the number of
>> message but not the messages)
>> 2. Notes folder is NOT visible. (funny thing is that if i make a shortuct
>> i can see it)
>>
>> In BOTH cases all is OK in OWA.
>>
>>
>> Evan Camilleri
>>
>> http://www.holistic.com.mt
>> http://www.dotnetmushroom.com
>> http://www.mobilesalesman.com
>

0
evanc (3)
2/9/2009 6:49:26 PM
The words "Filter Applied" means you have a view filter in effect.  Go to 
''View||Current View|Customize Current View" and look at the "Filter" 
button.  It should tell you what view filter is in effect and will allow you 
to turn it off.

Hal
-- 
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Evan Camilleri" <evanc@holistic.com.mt.no.spam> wrote in message 
news:uPHANfuiJHA.5732@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> 1) When I go to drafts folder i can see bottom left 'Filter Applied' and
> then '4 items' but NO items show up.  I checked properties sync and there 
> is
> no filter.  I set initial view to 'sent to', i restarted pc but still no 
> go.
>
> 2) YES, as you said. thanks
>
> Evan
>
>
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote 
> in
> message news:%23v9R9aqiJHA.4200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> 1) Perhaps you have a filter set to your view?
>> Verify that the view has been set to "Sent To" and reset it if necessary.
>>
>> 2) Does it show when you switch to the Notes Navigation or use the Folder
>> List Navigation to see all your folders in the message store?
>> The default Mail Navigation doesn't show any Notes folder.
>>
>> -- 
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "Evan Camilleri" <evanc@holistic.com.mt.no.spam> wrote in message
>> news:5483E0D2-A220-4D3E-BC35-253A5EB602EE@microsoft.com...
>>> In Outlook 2007:
>>>
>>> 1. Draft folder is visible but contents are not! (i can see the number 
>>> of
>>> message but not the messages)
>>> 2. Notes folder is NOT visible. (funny thing is that if i make a 
>>> shortuct
>>> i can see it)
>>>
>>> In BOTH cases all is OK in OWA.
>>>
>>>
>>> Evan Camilleri
>>>
>>> http://www.holistic.com.mt
>>> http://www.dotnetmushroom.com
>>> http://www.mobilesalesman.com
>>
> 

0
hhh6225 (363)
2/9/2009 7:21:20 PM
Thanks a lot!!!

>
> Hal
> -- 
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Evan Camilleri" <evanc@holistic.com.mt.no.spam> wrote in message 
> news:uPHANfuiJHA.5732@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> 1) When I go to drafts folder i can see bottom left 'Filter Applied' and
>> then '4 items' but NO items show up.  I checked properties sync and there 
>> is
>> no filter.  I set initial view to 'sent to', i restarted pc but still no 
>> go.
>>
>> 2) YES, as you said. thanks
>>
>> Evan
>>
>>
>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote 
>> in
>> message news:%23v9R9aqiJHA.4200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> 1) Perhaps you have a filter set to your view?
>>> Verify that the view has been set to "Sent To" and reset it if 
>>> necessary.
>>>
>>> 2) Does it show when you switch to the Notes Navigation or use the 
>>> Folder
>>> List Navigation to see all your folders in the message store?
>>> The default Mail Navigation doesn't show any Notes folder.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>>
>>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>>
>>> -----
>>>
>>> "Evan Camilleri" <evanc@holistic.com.mt.no.spam> wrote in message
>>> news:5483E0D2-A220-4D3E-BC35-253A5EB602EE@microsoft.com...
>>>> In Outlook 2007:
>>>>
>>>> 1. Draft folder is visible but contents are not! (i can see the number 
>>>> of
>>>> message but not the messages)
>>>> 2. Notes folder is NOT visible. (funny thing is that if i make a 
>>>> shortuct
>>>> i can see it)
>>>>
>>>> In BOTH cases all is OK in OWA.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Evan Camilleri
>>>>
>>>> http://www.holistic.com.mt
>>>> http://www.dotnetmushroom.com
>>>> http://www.mobilesalesman.com
>>>
>>
> 

0
evanc (3)
2/9/2009 8:18:25 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Exchange Cluster
I am looking for information regarding deployment of an Exchange Cluster in a Blade configuration. Thanks Ken First and formost, make sure your hardware is on the HCL. Support would only be "best effort" if it is not. The following link will get you to the Deploying Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Clusters: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/library/default.mspx Exchange 2003 Clusters cna be found in the Exchange 2003 Deploymnet Guide at the following location: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/default.mspx -- Nicholas ...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003
Hello, I am having troubling applying Exchange 2003 Server SP 2. The error message says I need to uninstall Intelligent Message Filtering BEFORE I install SP2. I try to uninstall IMF and it will not uninstall. The error message says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Please contact your support personnel or package vendor. .....A Fatal error during installation." I've also reinstalled the original install of IMF and still the same issues. Any thoughts? Thanks, Randy Hughes Reinstall IM...

restore public folder to Exchange 2003 server from backup copy of the Exchange 5.5 server
Hi, Recently a user deleted a folder witnin the Public Folders on the Exchange 2003 server. When I looked at a backup copy from the backup tape, I could not find the pub1.edb file in the MDBDATA folder. I am using Backup Exec. 8.6. Prior to this, I migrated to Exchange 2003 from Exchage 5.5 and changed my Exchange 2003 into Native Mode. I made a copy of the Exchange 5.5 pub1.edb onto an external hard drive,with its utility. Can i use this copy of the pub1.edb for the existing pub1.edb I have for the Public Folders? If so, what are the steps that I would need to do in performing this act...

Pulling email from exchange server with an exchange account
Hello, I was running a 2003 exchange server but got tired of dealing with the spam, ndr and the rest. I had setup the accounts for everyone including myself. Basically I had in outlook my account setup as an exchange account. Now that our corporate mail is hosted elsewhere I need to pull off my email from my exchange account. I have created POP accounts while using the the IP address for pop and smtp so everything is local when asking to pull. I have also went through an archive trying to get messages to save on my PC so I can then use as PST file, with no success. I have also tried looking f...

Exchange / POP3
In short: How does one go about having exchange POP email for users whom have 3rd party POP 3 server accounts? Expanded Reason: I have an exchange server setup here and I would like to get email to my users from a 3rd party POP3 account. I would normally just change MX records and point to my exchange server and have the email go right to the exchange server, but this ISP will not allow me to receive inbound SMTP. So as it stands; I can send email from my exchange server using my internet connection with out any issues, it's the receiving part that has me hung up, and if I co...

no data in "To" column, IMAP sent email folder
There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. Does anyone know a fix for this? In message <<056b01c3aa37$c305b440$a101280a@phx.gbl>> "Tim" <tpienaar@bigpond.com> did ramble: >There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the >email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using >IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. >Does anyone know a fix for this? If you set Outlook to down...

virus attacks against Exchange
I've noticed over the last month that every Sunday morning at 5:45 a.m. our Exchange server sends a CPU warning. When I check the app event log for that date/time there is a *huge* amount of virus detections by our real time virus monitor . What exactly is going on here and how might I prevent this from continuing to happen ? thanks sounds like you have an "on demand" scan of your mailbox store scheduled for this time frame...have you checked? look in the configuration of your Exchange AV... "chrism" <chris@no_spam> wrote in message news:uZcfIwKpEHA.33...

Exchange 2003 #5
How many clients/users will Exchange 2003 support? I have heard that it can support up to 10,000 users. Is this correct? "James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How many clients/users will Exchange 2003 support? I have heard that it can support up to 10,000 users. Is this correct? How long is a piece of string? Define the hardware platform. Define your expectations for perdformance. Define your backup/restore hardware and strategy. Define your expectations for restore/recovery time. The number of mailboxes on a server is meanngless without some context. wi...

Microsoft Exchange #3
When setting up Outlook I clicked on Microsoft Exhange instead of POP3. Now it is stuck wanting Microsoft Exchange Server. How do I get rid of this so I can sign up under POP3. I deleted Office 2003 and reinstalled and it is still there. Thank You Maggi Control Panel->Mail Icon. Create a new Profile using the Profiles = button and configure it to use your POP3 account. Then go back and = delete the Exchange account from the Accounts button. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal acco...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software
Can anyone provide any good help-desk softawre that integrates well with Exchange? Preferably open-source (i.e. FREE :) ) Thanks On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:04:03 -0700, circulent <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone provide any good help-desk softawre that integrates well with >Exchange? Preferably open-source (i.e. FREE :) ) > >Thanks You get what you pay for. MOM and its future SCOM 2007 and the helpdesk features of that 2007 product are certainly good products to name just one. As an actionpack subscriber we get MOM Workgroup Edition. does that have...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000
Hi, we are considering to migrate our single windows NT domain to windows 2000, then to upgrade the current exchange 5.5 into Exchange 2000 which is currently in the windows 2000 member server within this NT domain. I know I have one option: * upgrade the PDC to windows 2000 domain control and then exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000. what is the risk here? * my question here is: where could I find the detail steps? I am thinking if I have another option which is: * Migrate the PDC to windows 2000 domain. * Install a saparated exchange 2000 server * move the mail box from exch...

Problems between two Exchange Servers
At my Company we are planning to replace an existing exchange 2000 server (EXS1 NT Pack 4.0 Exchange Sp3) with a new server called (EXS2 NT Pack 4, No Service Pack). So we configured an additional server and added to our primary Site. We moved a few mailboxes to the new server and seem to get outside mail but I see that all the mail sent locally is not been delivered and is stuck in the Queue that is pointing to the new server by name exs2.mydomain.com. I tried to force a connection but it doesnt want send the mail. Please help Gary Vidal Is there more than one routing group? -- reg...

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003
I setup protection for Exchange Server 2003 SP2 running on Win2K3 SP2. There are four information storage groups. I am protecting the server using DPM 2010 RC. All of the prerequisite steps were performed successfully. Two of the info storage groups (the small ones - 30GB) backup successfully. The two large info storage groups (125GB each) fail with the following alert message: DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy38\Exchsvr\MdbData\support\Support (ServerName)\Support.edb on ServerName.domain.com (ID 2033 Detai...

KnowledgeBase Folders
Is it possible to add KB Folders in CRM 4.0? Thanks for your help ...

antigen on exchange #2
HI All, This question regarding antigen software recently we installed in our exchange server. Every thing has gone fine, when I test adding some words to filters are not working. By default filtering has in enabled the State. What I configuration I have to do. I did not change any configurations. Thanks in advance, Shiva. ...

Public folder replication #30
I have two exchange servers, 2003 with SP2, in same admin group but having PF replication problem. I was testing restore of PF folders using ( Yes, PF and system folders were not set for replication between the two Exchange servers) using backup and restore method and now having the replication problem. After I enabling diag. logging I'm getting following errors. -- Error -1603 reading property 0x67a40014 on object type tbtFolderTombstone from database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store". Error -1603 reading property 0x36010003 on object type tbtFolder from databa...

NOTE window off the screen
Just upgraded to GP 10 - everything has been fine - until now and this is minor... Used the NOTE window attached to POP docs and SOP docs earlier today, they open in minimized size. Now, when I click them, the NOTE tab shows at the bottom of my screen as though it is open but it is not visible. I right-click on the tab and "MAXIMIZE" and it comes up filling my whole screen, which is NOT what I want. If I right-click and minimize, or size, my mouse goes to the top of my monitor screen but there is nothing there. If I click the NOTE tab, I can "see a ghostly form" ...

domain added then removed from exchange but emails still route to exchange ?
Hi, Was wondering if someone can explain this: added external domainA to accepted domains added domainA mail address to users mailbox (mx was not changed) sent email from mailbox/account/domainB (hosted on exchange server) to domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected removed domainA from accepted domains removed domainA email address from users mailbox to domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected, arrived in users mailbox, this was not expected. When using Outlook (domainB exchange accounts) and entering the email address user@domainA.co...

Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg
We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our backups finish without any problems. Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few emails not the complete contents of the mailbox. After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolv...

Restore Exchange...help!!!!
My 'broken' Exchange2003\win2003 server (not DC) had it's partitions labelled...'system' for C:\, 'Exchange' for D: and 'logs' for E:. How important is it I label the new Exchange server drives the same before the restore (I am not sure of the EXACT names!!!) Also my log files were all on drive D:\ (the only things on that drive) do I need to restore them too...they may not be exactly in sync with the other data being restored? Finally, what part of my 'Exchsvr' folder do I need to restore from backup? I think that may be a few days older tha...

Adding Reference Note in the Margin
We consistently create Addendums to Contracts and other Tender documents. Do you know what I could do to add a reference note in the margin for each change that is made? I don't want to use TRACK CHANGES. i.e., Addendum No. 1, includes additional items, want to place a symbol in the margin that shows the place where the additional item was placed. I guess you could use a text box for each of your custom comments; be sure to anchor each text box to the relevant paragraph. But note that it would be easier to use the built-in comments feature. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wor...

emails retained in exchange 2003 queue
Hi to all, i have a ZyWall firewall (hardware) with a Turbo Card option installed. When i activate the anti-virus option in the firewall, i can receive emails, but all that i sent, do not go out, all off them stay in queue. When i deactivate that option, all the mails in queue, are sent. I ask my vendor for that problem, they test my firewall in their offices, but all it's ok. In my home, donsn't work. Must i change anything in my exchange ?? Best regards It sounds like your firewall is blocking outbound connections. You may need to configure exchange to use a SmartHost (your...

Issues with blank email replies on Exchange
Hi, A user recently emailed and said everytime he is vpn'd into the office from home (on his works laptop) he gets an odd problem. He can't send or reply to any emails. And when it does send it sends as a blank message - but somtimes takes about 7-8 attempts to get that far even. He does not get the problem in work. The error is "Error getting data from myexchangeserver.mydomain.com" He has full access to everything else using VPN and can receive emails ok - he can also remote desktop fine and c$ machines etc and read/write to file shares as normal. Details (Outlook...

Exchange to Exchange
Is there a way to configure Exchange to receive mail from another Exchange in 2 different domains? We just seperated 2 companies that use to share a Exchange. The main reason for the pull down from the old Exch. box is that our MX record is still pointing there. While we have accounts in our new domain for our users (15 users) the mail will still go to the old domain. We would like for our user to start using the new domain but they would lose they're email access. Can the Exchange to Exchange work or is it even possible? If there's another way, please advise. -Darrien ...

Best Practice
Have two Dell 2600's, one is DC and other Exchange server. Running Windows 2003 Server and 2003 Exchange Standard editions. Have 20 Exchange users. Our question concerns the backup of the Exchange Server. What is the Best Practice for the backup & more importantly, the restore of the Exchange server? We have third party backup software, Veritas v9.1. Should we use just that or is there a backup routine within Exchange 2003 or use NT Backup in addition to the Veritas software? Any info will be welcomed. Thanks in Advance, Robert Villafranca VTS, Inc. I would suggest using...