exchange calender sync to .pst file

I'm trying to sync my work calendar, which is on an exchange server, so my
home outlook, which is in a .pst file.  I tried to "export" the calendar
into a pst file, which works, except I use the option "replace any duplicate
events" and when I open up the calendar, it leaves duplicates.  Is there a
way to sync the calendars w/o getting duplicates?  I really just need to
download the work calendar and place it in my home calendar, not the other
way.  Suggestions?

Thanks!

0
valid1 (3)

Matt wrote:
> I'm trying to sync my work calendar, which is on an exchange server,
> so my home outlook, which is in a .pst file.  I tried to "export" the
> calendar into a pst file, which works, except I use the option
> "replace any duplicate events" and when I open up the calendar, it
> leaves duplicates.  Is there a way to sync the calendars w/o getting
> duplicates?  I really just need to download the work calendar and
> place it in my home calendar, not the other way.  Suggestions?
>
> Thanks!

If your company allows you to use VPN/RAS/etc to access the network from
your home PC, you can open your Exchange mailbox directly and sync it to an
OST file for offline use.
If not, you can create a new calendar in Outlook & import the exported
calendar PST into it & not use your own calendar folder.

0
lanwench (7567)
11/24/2004 2:00:47 PM
I can connect by vpn and access my .pst file.  What lets me sync the .pst to
my exchange information?  Outlook itself?  thanks!

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Matt wrote:
>> I'm trying to sync my work calendar, which is on an exchange server,
>> so my home outlook, which is in a .pst file.  I tried to "export" the
>> calendar into a pst file, which works, except I use the option
>> "replace any duplicate events" and when I open up the calendar, it
>> leaves duplicates.  Is there a way to sync the calendars w/o getting
>> duplicates?  I really just need to download the work calendar and
>> place it in my home calendar, not the other way.  Suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> If your company allows you to use VPN/RAS/etc to access the network from
> your home PC, you can open your Exchange mailbox directly and sync it to
> an
> OST file for offline use.
> If not, you can create a new calendar in Outlook & import the exported
> calendar PST into it & not use your own calendar folder.

0
valid1 (3)
11/29/2004 1:15:49 AM
Matt wrote:
> I can connect by vpn and access my .pst file.  What lets me sync the
> .pst to my exchange information?  Outlook itself?  thanks!

If you want to import the PST data into Outlook in the calendar, you can
just sync your whole mailbox to an offline file and use only one.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:e6sEZIj0EHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Matt wrote:
>>> I'm trying to sync my work calendar, which is on an exchange server,
>>> so my home outlook, which is in a .pst file.  I tried to "export"
>>> the calendar into a pst file, which works, except I use the option
>>> "replace any duplicate events" and when I open up the calendar, it
>>> leaves duplicates.  Is there a way to sync the calendars w/o getting
>>> duplicates?  I really just need to download the work calendar and
>>> place it in my home calendar, not the other way.  Suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> If your company allows you to use VPN/RAS/etc to access the network
>> from your home PC, you can open your Exchange mailbox directly and
>> sync it to an
>> OST file for offline use.
>> If not, you can create a new calendar in Outlook & import the
>> exported calendar PST into it & not use your own calendar folder.

0
lanwench (7567)
12/1/2004 2:23:52 AM
I saw the "offline file" but I have an account at work on an exchange server
where I use email, calendar, tasks, etc.

I also have outlook at home w/ my email, calendar, tasks, etc.  I would like
to sync the calendar and tasks if possible, but leave the email separate.

I can VPN from work to home and access the .pst file, or I can connect to
the exchange server from home.  Either way, I hope its possible but I can't
find anything on it

ideas??  thanks!

-matt

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Matt wrote:
>> I can connect by vpn and access my .pst file.  What lets me sync the
>> .pst to my exchange information?  Outlook itself?  thanks!
>
> If you want to import the PST data into Outlook in the calendar, you can
> just sync your whole mailbox to an offline file and use only one.
>>

>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
>> message news:e6sEZIj0EHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

>>> If your company allows you to use VPN/RAS/etc to access the network
>>> from your home PC, you can open your Exchange mailbox directly and
>>> sync it to an
>>> OST file for offline use.
>>> If not, you can create a new calendar in Outlook & import the
>>> exported calendar PST into it & not use your own calendar folder.

0
valid1 (3)
12/1/2004 10:10:58 PM
Matt wrote:
> I saw the "offline file" but I have an account at work on an exchange
> server where I use email, calendar, tasks, etc.
>
> I also have outlook at home w/ my email, calendar, tasks, etc.  I
> would like to sync the calendar and tasks if possible, but leave the
> email separate.
>
> I can VPN from work to home and access the .pst file, or I can
> connect to the exchange server from home.  Either way, I hope its
> possible but I can't find anything on it
>
> ideas??  thanks!

I'm not sure how easy this will be - you can sync your Exchange account to
an offline file on your home PC if you have access to it. Then you have
access to both calendars in both places.

But I don't know if you will be able to sync your local computer's calendar
to your Exchange  - nothing native will do this for you, anyway.

> -matt
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:%23ncOE601EHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Matt wrote:
>>> I can connect by vpn and access my .pst file.  What lets me sync the
>>> .pst to my exchange information?  Outlook itself?  thanks!
>>
>> If you want to import the PST data into Outlook in the calendar, you
>> can just sync your whole mailbox to an offline file and use only one.
>>>

>>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
>>> message news:e6sEZIj0EHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

0
lanwench (7567)

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

access denied on my PST just brun to CD-ROM
Dear, My Outlook 2003 can't open the PST from the CD-ROM disc with prompt "Access Denied". I was archive the email to the file (not burning the primary PST). I made a backup to the CD-ROM disc. I wanna make a test with the file burn... I can't read. I was restart the Computer without open Outlook then Burn. However I still got this message. -david you need to copy the pst back to the hard drive and remove the read only flag. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart ...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

recover mails from .bak file in ms outlook
Dear All I had some problem with MS Outlook (2003). I found that there was a problem with .PST file I tried to repair it with SCANPST.EXE. It repaired my OUTLOOK.PST file but many mails are missing. I had taken bakup of .PST file into .BAK file. Please guide me how can in recover my mails from .BAK file Thanks Vimal -- vimalrupera If you have a backup copy of your pst and you recover it, then you may well find the problem is also recovered. What format is your pst file? - If your pst is open in Outlook, select properties of the personal folders, Advanced, what is sh...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

CE6: Hive Registry on XIP ROM & RAM File System
Hi, The CE6 BSP from supplier supports ROM-Only file system, XIP, Hive-based Registry. It works fine on my board. But we are reuiqred to support ROM and RAM file system, XIP, Hive-based Registry. After some modifications, ROM and RAM file system is working now. All folders are in RAM, except Windows folder. But I have two problems, don't know how to solve them: 1. After system boots up, only My Device icon and Recyle Bin icon appears on desktop. IE icon, Word Pad icon, and other MS shortcut icons are not displayed. Program folder is empty. I remember I can see all the wince...

Reading Access Files on PDA
I have ordered a PDA a HP Ipaq H2210, and I want to transfer a database I have on my PC to my Ipaq. On my PC I use MS Access 2002. Access is not available on the Ipaq so I was wondering if any knew of any software that I can get that I will run on the Ipaq and can read/write Access 2002 files. Does anyone know of any such software that I can use? Ideally it should be freeware. I hope you can help. Thanks!! I do not know of any software that will run on the Ipaq that could read/write Access 2002 files. Perhaps, you may want to return the IPaq and find a PDA that does supports Access. &qu...

antigen on exchange #2

Outlook 2007
I'm trying to use Vista's Offline Folders ability to synchronize my Outlook PST file (crude, but generally works). However, for some reason when I'm in Offline mode, Outlook simply refuses to read the Outlook.pst file residing in the Offline Files folder. Any ideas? DakkonA <Nicholas.Bauer@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use Vista's Offline Folders ability to synchronize my > Outlook PST file (crude, but generally works). However, for some > reason when I'm in Offline mode, Outlook simply refuses to read the > Outlook.pst file residing in the Offli...

how to stop sync messages in Outlook 2003
I'm support for a few hundred users who have size restrictions on their mailboxes. I'm getting some reports that when they're trying to clean-up they are finding that there are megs-worth of messages in the Sync Issues folders. Is there way to turn off these messages altogether? ...

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

Cannot Kill Excel File
Hi, Below is the Code that i am working: Dim objXL As Object, objWkb As Object, objSht As Object Set objXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set objWkb = objXL.Workbooks.Open([FileName]) Set objSht = objWkb.Worksheets("Sheet1") With objSht 'Code to modify the excel file Info End With objWkb.SaveAs strTempFile 'Save the Excel file as a Tempoary to prevent overwriting the orginial file objWkb.Close savechanges:=False objXL.Quit Set qdf = CurrentDb.CreateQueryDef("TempQuery", "SELECT T1.* FROM [Excel 8. 0;HDR=YES;IMEX=1;Data...