Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg

We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully
patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our
backups finish without any problems.

Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to
restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of
corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have
to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few
emails not the complete contents of the mailbox.

After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolved by
running the following command:

isinteg -s test -fix -tests alltests

i'm quite new to exchange and i have never used this tool. How can i run
this against the RSG? Will it help? Can i run the command as it is now
(changing the server name of course) or does it need a database agrument?

Thanks for any pointers

Stef

0
stef5691 (12)

You should probably post this in the Exchange newsgroup since this doesn't
appear to be an Outlook question unless I missed something?

"Stef" <stef@web.de> wrote in message
> We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully
> patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our
> backups finish without any problems.
>
> Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to
> restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of
> corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i
have
> to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few
> emails not the complete contents of the mailbox.
>
> After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolved
by
> running the following command:
>
> isinteg -s test -fix -tests alltests
>
> i'm quite new to exchange and i have never used this tool. How can i run
> this against the RSG? Will it help? Can i run the command as it is now
> (changing the server name of course) or does it need a database agrument?
>
> Thanks for any pointers
>
> Stef

0
korland (145)

Exchange Subdomain
I have a client that is wanting to use a service to transmit secure email. This service said the easiest thing to do would be to setup a subdomain and use that to send them the email we want secured. We would point the MX record for the subdomain to their servers. Let's say our existing domain is coporation.com. I want a subdomain secure.corporation.com. How do I set this up? Do I only have to setup the Recepient Policy, or do I also have to set it up in AD? I'm a little confused because I'm not really setting up a true subdomain. No down level server, etc. No changes to AD are ...

Public Folders are not show in Exchange SM
Does anyone have any suggestions to what might be my problem. I have one public folder store and one public folder tree name the default public folders. When I look in the public folder store I can see the public folders I created with Outlook client on another desktop machine. Though in the Folders drop down in SM I cannot see them nor can I create them. Any suggestions? Thanks. When I right click and select new, nothing happens. No error messages. Is your default web site started in IIS? It needs to be in order to see public folders through the ESM. Are you able to logon to OWA? C...

View equations created in Word 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Greetings! I've successfully installed Office 2008 update 12.0.1 on my MacBook Pro running 10.5.2. One of the fixes that was listed in the Microsoft Knowledgebase article associated with the update was the ability to edit equations created in Word 2007 for Windows. After applying the update, I still get a warning message when opening a file created in Word 2007: "This file contains Word 2007 for Windows equations"; the document opens with placeholders (blank squares) instead of the equations. Does anyone el...

exchange webbased page problem!
hello: i am using exchange 2003 on windows server 2003, the problem i am having is that some of the users webpage exchange excess doesnt work, although they can work perfectly on their office outlook . anybody got any idea ANWAR ADIL CCNA,MCP ...

compact database in VBA access 2007

Mail Merge and conditional formatting Word 2007
Need some Help.. My disconnects mainly pertain to the use of e-mail merge in Word 2007. The data file I need to use currently resides in an Excel spreadsheet because of the need for several formulas. I can merge most of the data successfully with the exception of: =B7 Multiple rows of data per e-mail. =B7 Cannot edit individual e-mails prior to completing/sending the merge. (This is possible with a regular letter merge, but cannot do this with e-mail merge) =B7 Merging conditional formatting icons (if this is even possible, I don't know) We're using OnMa...

Publisher 2007 and Adobe
I had been using Publisher 2003 and I had Adobe on my top tool bar so I could easily same my documents in pdf. However, I upgraded to 2007 and it is gone. How do I get it back? I have Adobe Standard. Pam wrote: > I had been using Publisher 2003 and I had Adobe on my top tool bar so I could > easily same my documents in pdf. However, I upgraded to 2007 and it is gone. The PDFMaker add-in is not (yet) compatible with Office 2007 (although you can still print to the Adobe PDF driver as always). If you download Microsoft's Save As PDF And XPS add-in from http://www.microsof...

Farsi, Pashto, or Dari Excel 2007 Manual?
I am looking for a hard copy manual for Excel 2007 in Farsi, Pashto, or Dari. I'm in Afghanistan trying to help some folks with Excel basics. A manual would be great! I found some Arabic online training that I can print out, but have a real need for Farsi, Pashto or Dari. Thanks! ...

Outlook 2007 Calender Permissions Context Menu does not open on right-click (only 1 user affected)
Hello, one of our users cannot open the context menu to set calendar permissions in Outlook 2007 (right-clicking on calendar). Hourglass appears and process hangs forever (window does not even appear). Have to use taskman to end it. No events appearing in event viewer that relate in any way :( Further details: xp32, Office 2007 Pro, all patches (2010-06-24) Running Processes, Services, Antivirus and other tools are the same for all users (accessing permissions work for others). No macros running in background. Any clue where to start my search or what to fix? Would be nice if I wouldn&#...

Money Plus
I know MS doesn't advise to upgrade, but I'm curious anyway. (I currently use Money 2007) I don't really have any concerns about online features. I will just be using Money as a standalone, PC based money management tool. I purchased 2009 before the deadline just as a precaution, but I haven't installed it yet. And if I do, it will probably be on a different PC just to tinker with and compare. But as of now, I don't even know what it has to offer. What do you think? Are there differences with respect to activation, which of course could be a biggie? And what about ...

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

MS Exchange 2003
I am planning to buy MS Exchange 2003. I would like to know the list of features it offers. I know that you can see other users calendar etc. but what else we can do with exchange 2003 other than getting emails. I would really appreciate if someone please give me some tips. Thanks Mac: Well, Exchange does LOTS of cool things. :-) Is it overkill for a company with 10 users? Perhaps. But, bundles like Small Business Server make Windows/Exchange/SQL affordable even for smaller companies. Exchange offers you capabilities to do a lot of things that may not even have occured...

can't delete a corrupt record in a access 2007 table?
Access 2007 program but Access 2000 File format, Can't delete a corrupt record in a table, weird symbols, search error. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- I'm assuming that you tried a compact and repair. Are the weird symbols in a memo field? If so, here's what to try. 1. Make a complete backup of the database mdb file(s) and put away for safe keeping. 2. Create a query ...

Securing Exchange #2
Hi! I have problems with spam on my Exchange 2000. Is there any good documentation/whitepaper etc. abut securing an Exchange server availible. I have done all the "normal" securing but still there are a few queues with spam. Can there be a "spy prog" on it that's causing all this. Can I log somewhere all Telnet sessions and stuff? Reg J�rgen Persson On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:44:48 +0200, "J�rgen" <jorgen_persson78@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi! > >I have problems with spam on my Exchange 2000. Is there any good >documentation/whitepaper etc. ab...

requesting data from exchange server
I am running Office 2000 on an XPpro machine. Some of my users still use Office 97, but those on Office 2000 are not yet on XP OS. None of them have mentioned having this problem: on a daily basis [now, several times a day] my Outlook freezes up "requesting data from exchange server". This is getting terribly annoying. I have posted this Q on the Exchange message board also, in hopes that someone has an idea of what is causing the lag. I clean out the BadMail folder [on the server] often, thinking that maybe our Symantec AV bogs down the server there. ...

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

LDAP with Microsoft Exchange 2003
Can't seem to find a way to add a LDAP service to Exchange 2003. Any ideas? Thanks Its already there, LDAP is part of Active Directory not Exchange and its configured by default. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Gerard Louise" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a0c201c3eb3c$e0a59920$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can't seem to find a way to add a LDAP service to > Exchange 2003. Any ideas? > > Thanks OK, I verified that LDAP is responding to queries in AD but still doesn't res...

transaction logs in Exchange 2003
On my Exchange 5.5 server I had circular logging enabled which limited the number of logs produced. I was wondering if there was a way to enable this in Exchange 2003. I noticed a high number of transaction logs piling up in the logs folder. Go to the properties of the Storage group. Check the box call "Enable circular logging" Apply changes. Note: Circular logging is only recomended if you don't have the storage, even then I would add more storage space so not to use circular logging. Doing a full backup of the store will purge the transaction logs. http://www.wi...

2007 code not working in 2003
I have a database developed in Access 2007 - i have converted it to a 2003 version but when i come to use it on the 2003 machine a load of the code has disappeared?? I have heard that there is some bug that causes this - is that right and what can i do! Hi Helsi, I have not heard of any bug like this, where VBA code is left behind in the conversion process. However, many of the Wizards in Access 2007 were re-written to create "embedded macros" instead of the VBA code that they've always created. Since embedded macros are new to Access 2007, one cannot expect them to dow...

Removing duplicate records with long names in Excel 2007
Greetings, This is probably a very simple question, sorry. I have annual lists of company names and am trying to make a report of changes in the lists; companies added and companies dropped. The problem is that the names in the register are long and have lots of abbreviations which might differ from year to year; one extra dot, a space missing etc., thus, making the records for the same company differ from year to year. Now, how can I filter two lists to remove the same records? Is there a function to do that? Generally, for the same company, the first two words in the name r...

General Editing Questions for Publisher 2007
I am very familar with Word 2007, but only somewhat familar with Publisher 2007. I was just give a 242 page manscript in Publisher 2007 and asked to edit it. I am having a problem as I seem to create more problems with each one I fix. Let me list them and see if you might help me: 1. Can I do a page break? The manuscript seems to use an object and text rolls over to another page. This wrapping of text overflows and causes subtitles of my text to appear at the top or botton of a page. 2. Can I do automatic footnotes and endnotes? I try to add them now, but they are all part of wh...

Exchange 2000 #6
Exchange ran fine until today now the SMTP service starts when i reboot and runs for 10 minites and stops running there should be something in the application log explaining what's causing this...? "Jeff" <jjones@alliancemat.com> wrote in message news:EE282ED7-E0E2-48CF-BA89-7365F496A1EA@microsoft.com... > Exchange ran fine until today now the SMTP service starts when i reboot and runs for 10 minites and stops running ...

Workbook cells won't hold formatting in Office 2007
I have Office 2007 running in Vista Home Premium. My system got FUBARed and had to be reloaded. Now my Excel workbooks won't keep the proper formatting in cells. I have them formatted as general so that I can type in something like 4 - 1. As soon as I do that it converts the formatting to Custom and puts it in as a 1-Apr. If I try to reformat the cell as general I then get 39904. If I enter it as space 4 - 1 then it enters correctly. How can I make the cell give me the correct information without putting a space in front of it? One way in to format the cell as Text B...

Mail store when mounted crashes Exchange
When we try to mount one of out Mail Stores is it crashes the Information Store service and throws all users out of Outlook. We have identified one Large Mailbox store as the one that crashes Exchange when we mount it. A new Mail store was created and the mailboxes migrated, this worked for a while but the problem recurred. Is there a way to identify whether this is a corrupt mailbox without trial and error moving mailboxes from one store to another and testing whether it crashes the mailbox? Could this issues be causes by mail store being too large? Is there a theoretical maximim size for ...

Word 2007 web address previously shown in the 2003 web toolbar
I can't find the complete web address previously shown in the word 2003 web toolbar. Does anyone know where it's located? Open Customize Quick Access Toolbar, then commands not in the ribbon, then document location "mlederer" wrote: > I can't find the complete web address previously shown in the word 2003 web > toolbar. Does anyone know where it's located? ...