Exchange 2003 OWA cannot locate distribution lists using 'find option'

We used Outlook Web Access 2003 on Exchange 2003. Some of our users
access a shared mailbox using OWA. There is an absolutely vast
contacts folder associated with it, and they need to be able to search
through it for addresses. Unfortunately, we have found that if we put
in part of the name of the contact in the 'to' field of the email,
then it can be resolved. However, if they click on the 'find' button
and put part of the name of the DL, OWA cannot find it. They cannot
always just type the name in the 'to' field and then click the resolve
button as sometimes they do not know the display name, and need to
search on random bits of information (as they do in the full version
of outlook). Is there any resolution to this?

Thanks,

QH

"QH" <quentinhudson@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> We used Outlook Web Access 2003 on Exchange 2003.

Unfortunately, OWA is actually part of Exchange, not part of Office.  You'll
need to post in microsoft.public.exchange.clients to find the experts on it.

Sorry.
--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)

Exchange Cluster

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

hyperlinking to an item in Global Address List
I have figured out how to hyperlink (html) to an item in my contact list: outlook:Contacts/~John Doe This works great. Now I would like to be able to issue a command to open a specific contact from the Global Address List. It is possible that the Global Address List has some folder name like GAL so that a command like this: outlook://GAL/~John Doe could be issued. Does anyone know how to refer to the Global Address List by its folder name or to do what I am asking? This can't be done, but you can add the GAL entry to your contact folder and then do what you know. Is that good en...

Exchange / POP3

Highlight a Row Depending on Active Cell Using Button?
Is there a way to highlight a row within a range when a cell is active? The highlight needs to maintain the shading even though it is no longer active. I've seen code on this site using Worksheet Change Event but I was wondering if there was a way you could do this by a Command Button so the user can highlight particular rows by clicking on a button. For example, the user is on cell A5, clicks on the button and it highlights Row A5:AV5. The code is the same as what you saw in the worksheet_change examples just that it goes in a normal subroutine. Your example would be: Sub HiLiteIt() Ra...

virus attacks against Exchange

Lost contact list 01-02-10
Having transferred to WLM from Windows Mail I was pleased to see the contacts already listed in the lower lefthand side as they used to do in Outlook Express. However, on clicking a 'down arrow' the list disappeared. I can of course get the contacts via the icon at the bottom or via the 'GO' button but how do I get the list back as before please? WLMail does not display the contact list in the lower left corner. It is easier to start typing a name or address and select from the list. This has the advantage of including other email addresses besides the defaul...

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

Exchange 2003 #5

Open Subform in a New Window using a command button
I have a form with a subform which does exactly what I need. However, I want to someway change the subform to a command button so when you click the command button, it will open the subform using the same filter. My form is frmPatent and the subform is sfRelated. The Link Child Field is RelatedMtr and the Link Master Fields is Matter. Can anyone assist me. Thanks! LDMueller Place a button on the form and try this in VBA: docmd.openform "subformname", acnormal,,"RelatedMtr= '" & me.matter & "'" replace the subformname with your own subfo...

remove records from a list
i have a large list of records(10000+)in excel 2000 and have many duplicate records does anybody know a method of removing only the unique records from the list leaving the duplicates many thanks darren Use Advanced Filter See this webpage for a example http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Darren" <darren_omalley@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:174501c372fa$c559c110$a001280a@phx.gbl... > i have a large list of records(10000+)in excel 2000 and > have many duplicate re...

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

How to the determine the current subform using a macro
Hello, I have a frmTaskList form that contains 3 subforms using tab controls. Each tab has the following subforms: SubForm Name: Form Name: Task List Subform frmTask_List_Active_SubForm Active Task OverDue frmTask_List_Active_OverDue_SubForm New Task frmTask_List_Active_New_SubForm On the frmTaskList I have a button that opens a frmEdit form. When frmEdit opens I want it to contain the records of the one that was selected when the user hit the button to open the frmEdit. The issue is that there are 3 subforms, and I don't know ...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

OUT LOOK 2003
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? H2O On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:54:04 -0800, H20 <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other >computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? > >H2O You may want to post your question in a forum supporting Outlook. This newsgroup is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The Microsoft webpage is sometimes confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subjects and find one for Outloo...

Problems between two Exchange Servers