Excel Attachment Opening Problem in Outlook 2000

I have several users who have lost the ability to open
Excel attachments from Outlook.  When the users click on
the Excel attachment, the Excel shell opens and the error
message state that 'access to the specified device, path
or file denied.'.  Additionally, if the users attempt to
save the file to his/her hard drive, he/she gets the error
message that 'the system cannot find the file specified.'.
Users are able to open all other types of Office 2000
files, i.e., Word, Powerpoint, and Access files.   If
anyone can help me with this issue or clue me in on how to
find resolutions to this issue, it would be greatly
appreciated.

jmcarthur
0
jmcarthur (1)

jmcarthur <jmcarthur@policy-studies.com> wrote:

> I have several users who have lost the ability to open
> Excel attachments from Outlook.  When the users click on
> the Excel attachment, the Excel shell opens and the error
> message state that 'access to the specified device, path
> or file denied.'.

Try emptying the temporary folders (Temporary Internet Files and
\Windows\Temp)
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Possible MSVCRT.dll problem
I get these errors when trying to install any version of Iomega's EMC = Retrospect Express HD for Windows. Using Windows 2000 Prof. =20 Any help would be greatly appreciated! Pls post and also email to me = at brotherdave@bigfoot.com. Thanks! Bob MSVCRT.dll for Win32 Error: MSVCRT.dll is not compatible with Win32s. The application failed to initialize properly [0xc0000142]. Click on OK = to terminate the application. How does your question pertain to Outlook Express functionality? EMC� Retrospect� Express HD - System Requirements http://www.retrospect.com/pro...

Can't add more addresses in OL 2000
I'm trying to add 3 more email addresses to the existing 6 in my current list. They seem to be added ok, the POP3 and SMTP servers are correct, the Username and Passwords are correct in the setup and I can send mail from any of the new addresses. What I cannot do is get OL to download existing mail from the server. I know the mail is there because I can log on to the ISP's mail program and see it. When I use Tools, Send/Receive, none of the new mail accounts are listed in the box, only the previous 6. When I went back to Tools and deleted one of the original 6, it still shows up un...

Filter to select from various fields on opening a form
I have a form called TDC and want to filter data in the following fields on opening the form: DiaryAction (text field); DiaryCategory (text field); DiarySubCategory (text field); Company (text field); ContactType (text field); DiaryItemClosed (a Yes/No field). At the same time, I want the option not to select anything in each of these fields. Please could somebody give me the steps to do this. I am doing this in Access 2007, but am creating it as an Access 2003 database. Thank you for any help. I meant to say that I want this from dropdown boxes, but forgot to say becau...

CList problem: double entries...
I'm having trouble workin with a simple CList: the function always adds the first element twice and I don't know why. also, the later added elements do not appear immediately in the list, but only on the next function call... here is the code: ---------------- CList<CASystem, CASystem> AllCAS; CASystem *GetCreateCASystem(int ID) { bool bFound = false; CASystem *pCAS = NULL; // check if AS list exists if(AllCAS.IsEmpty()) { // create new AS pCAS = new CASystem; pCAS->ID = ID; ...

Printing an Excel doucument

Outlook security update
Hi I am trying to send a mailshot from outlook using vba. This brings up the usual security notice telling me that someone is trying to access the outlook and whether I want to allow it for x minutes. Is there a way to disable this in sbs2003/exchange2003? I believe there was a way for this in sbs2000/exchange2000 by placing an ms provided special form in the public folders and setting the required settings on the form. Thanks Regards Might want to look at something like: http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/ http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:46:48 -00...

Beware apparent Tax Estimator problem in M+
The Tax Line Manager shows a "tax category" (my term for lack of a better name--these are kinda cryptic like budget groups) called "State taxes" as being associated with Schedule A. I have a category "Taxes : State Income Tax - previous year" associated with "State taxes". Tax Line Manager shows amounts from transactions categorized as "Taxes : State Income Tax - previous year". So far so good. And there it stops. Tax Estimator doesn't add the amounts from this "State taxes" tax category into the "Deductible Taxes"...

Creating HTML email in Outlook 2007
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 and have suddenly run into a change in the way Outlook seems to work...or at least in the way that I like to use Outlook. Normally all my outgoing emails are in plain text but every now and again I need to send out an HTML email. I'll create the copy in Notepad with appropriate HTML coding and save it as a .htm file. I'll open up a new message, change the format to HTML and then insert the file as text. Up until now that system has worked just fine...until today. I went throught the same procedure and when I went to add file as ...

Error opening form
Hi, I am trying to open a form from a switchboard and I get this error message: "MSACCESS exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I restart the computer and it's fixed. but it keeps happening. Does anyone know the solution? I have Microsoft Office 2000 thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200709/1 There are many, many things that could be causing this. Work through the list in this article: Preventing corruption ...

Can�t open some mail in Exchange 2003
Hi! I�m using exchange 2003 and Outlook 2000 and 2003 I have some mail that I can�t open, I get the error "Can�t open this item, The operation failed." I can view, delete or take backup on the mails. I have tried to resote an old backup, the I get two mails with the exact same name, I can open the restored mail, but still not the orginal. How can I delete the bad mails? Is their a tool to check all the mailboxes for errors in Exchange 2003. Best regards Joakim Sweden ISINTEG will help you. Make sure that you have usable backup before you start. Jocke wrote: > Hi! > &g...

Outlook error #25
When trying to add a new mailbox, coming from Exchange 5.5. In Outlook XP i continue to get an error message "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The information store could not be opened." Or "Unable to display the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. The information store could not be opened. Any suggestions would be great. Verify you are running the minimum required version by your exchange admin. -- ~jason k please reply in group. emails directly to me will be printed and laughed at in the...

Windows Update

excel axes

unable to open outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5B4B8.538D04A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi , i'm unable to open my Outlook 2003 , it gives error = message as "cannot start microsoft office outlook 2003,unable to open = the outlook window. the set of folders could not be opened . the server = is not available " plz help me to fix this issue With Regards, Ramesh.C ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5B4B8.538D04A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"...

setting up hotmail in outlook
Hello.. So I got a new BB and decided it was wiser to set up outlook for my hotmail than use an internet push browser (so I can use the contacts, calendar, notes more easily) and am having massive issues. I did download outlook connector for hotmail.. managed to get hotmail on my Outlook.. b ut am very confused with how personal folders work and why its synching my calendar/contacts to another folder in outlook from my BB and not the one tagged to my hotmail... also what do I do about duplicate contacts... everything has doubled itself and wont sort itself out..;( PLEASE HELP!!...

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

microsoft outlook unable to perform operation
My microsoft ouylook has started giving me a message "microsoft unable to perform this operation" when I an trying to use the send and receive function.Help please. "heibner" <heibner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE744AB0-26D8-446A-8632-8108CD944FA3@microsoft.com... > My microsoft ouylook has started giving me a message "microsoft unable to > perform this operation" when I an trying to use the send and receive > function.Help please. Try posting in an OUTLOOK group - this one is for EXCEL - as in the title. Sheeeesh! ...

Forward e-mail from Outlook
Hi , Is it possible to Forward all e-mails from Outlook, and preserve original FROM, CC fields ? -- Thanks, Maxim In news:efgCq6%23FGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, Maxim Kazitov <mvkazit@tut.by> typed: > Hi , > > Is it possible to Forward all e-mails from Outlook, and preserve > original FROM, CC fields ? Not forward...no. That will forward the mail *from you*. What you're looking for is to redirect it, I think - but you haven't mentioned your version of Outlook. only if you forward as attachment or use a 3rd party addin. -- Diane Poremsky [MV...