Error while archiving Sent folder

I haven't been able to clear my Sent box in months -- I get an "Error while
archiving Sent folder" every time I try to archive the messages, and can't
even delete them now. I'm running OL2002. I can't install SP3 because it
wants the original CD, and my OL2000 was updated to 2002 when I was hooked
up to an Exchange server (which I no longer have access to, so I can't
update or do a Detect and Repair). I'm at a loss, and my 1200 sent items are
making my PST file excessively large. Are there any alternate methods of
archiving a folder and clearing it out?

Thanx,
Wm

Export to a .pst file and then delete the original sent messages.

Note:  If you are using an Office Copy provided by your employer and you no
longer work for that employer, your license is invalid.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Wm asked:

| I haven't been able to clear my Sent box in months -- I get an "Error
| while archiving Sent folder" every time I try to archive the
| messages, and can't even delete them now. I'm running OL2002. I can't
| install SP3 because it wants the original CD, and my OL2000 was
| updated to 2002 when I was hooked up to an Exchange server (which I
| no longer have access to, so I can't update or do a Detect and
| Repair). I'm at a loss, and my 1200 sent items are making my PST file
| excessively large. Are there any alternate methods of archiving a
| folder and clearing it out?
|
| Thanx,
| Wm

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
6/27/2004 2:15:22 AM
Unfortunately, I get an error when I try to delete the messages too. "The
messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists,
restart Outlook." I've done that a hundred times over the last month or two.
I DID get an Export to run, I just can't seem to clear out the box.
Archiving still yields "Error while archiving folder "Sent Items" in store
"Personal Folders"."

I purchased an old computer from a client with SBS, which updated my OL2000
to OL2002 automatically. He has the server back now, trying to reconfigure
it because I was having too many problems connecting to mail, web, FTP, etc.
going through the server. I don't know when I'll get the machine back to try
to update OL again (I'm still stuck on SP2 and can't install SP3).

Thanks,
Wm

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:%23m22hy%23WEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Export to a .pst file and then delete the original sent messages.
>
> Note:  If you are using an Office Copy provided by your employer and you
no
> longer work for that employer, your license is invalid.
>

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Wm asked:
>
> | I haven't been able to clear my Sent box in months -- I get an "Error
> | while archiving Sent folder" every time I try to archive the
> | messages, and can't even delete them now. I'm running OL2002. I can't
> | install SP3 because it wants the original CD, and my OL2000 was
> | updated to 2002 when I was hooked up to an Exchange server (which I
> | no longer have access to, so I can't update or do a Detect and
> | Repair). I'm at a loss, and my 1200 sent items are making my PST file
> | excessively large. Are there any alternate methods of archiving a
> | folder and clearing it out?
> |
> | Thanx,
> | Wm

Public Folder Problem Exchange 2003
[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin and a copy was sent to the cited author.] Currently I have a client that has Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 Server. This was upgraded from Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. Issue involves some emails that where copied to a public folder. The email shows up in the Exchange System Manager in content pane. However if you try to open the email you get a 501 error. There is no date and time in the listing however all of the other details of the email appear to be present in the content pane. Some of the entries even have an at...

Excel Progrom Error

Copying Sent Emails to Network Folder
Some users on our network were asking if it is possible to copy outgoing messages to a network folder using the address field (either to: or cc:). Is there a way to give a network folder an email address, or is there a code which can be created to allow this to happen. Also, it would not be the same folder for each outgoing message, they would need to change the location based on the project related to the email they are sending. I apologize for shotgunning the message, but I just wasn't sure which board to which to post the question. Thanks in advance for any advice. Please feel free ...

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Exchange folders
we are using Exchange 2003 and it is starting to fill up. There is only a 16 GIG limit. I would like to know if there is a way saving the individual folders with the exception of the inbox on either there individual PC or on our File Server. This way the only email that they have saved in Exchange is in there inbox and as they move it into individual folders it will not be in Exchange but be accessable through Outlook.It should look to the user as if there has been no change this is not really possible...your better option would be to upgrade to Enterprise Edition of Exchange...you ca...

ERROR

How can I disable outgoing email being sent as attachments?
When I send email I am being told from the person receiving it that it has been sent as an attachment that they have to open to read. How do I disable that feature? JERMAINE <JERMAINE @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send email I am being told from the person receiving it that > it has been sent as an attachment that they have to open to read. How > do I disable that feature? Try sending your message in plain text. -- Brian Tillman ...

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

Outlook 2003 Personal Folders
I just installed Outlook 2003 and I seem to have two Personal Folders in my folders list. But, they both point to the same place and have the same data when I click on them. How do I remove the duplicate? Jeff -- Jeff Grossman (jeff@stikman.com) R click the one that is not your default, then select Close from the context menu. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jeff Grossman" <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote in message news:im1jsvsn93v4to7kjlkctmqhjc25om151b@news.stikman.com... > I just installed Outlook 2003 and I seem to have two Personal Folders > in my folders list...

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

new installation and my inbox doesn't show hotmail folders or mai.
Help I can't get Inbox to display any items from my hotmail inbox, they all display in a separate folder Http accounts will always have a separate folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Faith asked: | Help I can't get Inbox to display any items from my hotmail inbox, | they all display in a separate folder ...

User experiencing sent items moving to deleted items
Hello, We have an Exchange 2003 SP1 on Server 2003 with Outlook 2003 on XP client environment running in Cached Mode. We are experiencing very odd behavior on a user's mailbox. This user started to notice that his sent items were missing on a few days worth of sent mail. I verified in the Message Tracking Center that he in fact sent more emails than were showing in his sent items. After investigating this further, I found that they were going to his deleted items. I checked all his rules, and none of them corresponded to this behavior. There doesn't appear to be a particular p...

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...