Error while adding .NET assembly in Outlook 2002 COM Addins

Hi,

From VS.NET, I am creating a assembly thru
Otherprojects\Extensibility Projectcs\Shared Add-in (I am
trying to creating a add-in for Outlook 2002) based on
the msdn example "support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
kbid=302901".

It is not showing any error. compailed & builed clearly.
Then I try to convert this assembly as a strongly named
one. so I created a Keyfile (sn -k abc.snk). Then add the
file name in the "assemblyinfo.cs" assemblykeyfilename
attribute. saved and compalied the file. it compailed and
rebuild dll clearly.

Then I register this assembly in GAC using gacutil
utility (GACUTIL /i testaddins.dll). It is successfully
registered then I am register the assembly using regasm
(regasm TestAddins.dll). it registered successfully.

At last from Outlook Tools\Options\Other\Advanced
options\COM add-ins I try to add the above dll but it
shows the following error

"<dll path> is not a valid office add-in"

I dont know why? Could you pls. any one give me the
resolution? It my way is correct? or there any other way?

Thanks & regards
kumar

Attachments with Outlook
I receive many emails with large attachments and outlook seems to copy the attachments down twice which causes long delays. When I first select an email with an attachment I have to wait while Outlook downloads the attachment, then when I want to see the attachment I have to wait while it is downloaded again. Is there any way of preventing this dual download? I have the fastest network connection available in my location. Thanks Brian ...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

outlook 2007 runs slow

Lock_timeout with ADO.NET?
I have found how to set the SQL lock_timeout setting with the connection string using JDBC, but it appears it's impossible with ado.net. Is there a way and I am just overlooking it? On 7 Dec, 03:28, Dan <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have found how to set the SQL lock_timeout setting with the connection > string using JDBC, but it appears it's impossible with ado.net. Is there a > way and I am just overlooking it? You can use SET LOCK_TIMEOUT in your T-SQL statements (stored procedure or adhoc query). /Magnus www.underlandet.com/SqlServer (s...

COM failure during client install?
I am still having problems with the install of the desktop client. My log fileshows the following 15:53:21| Info| Outlook Installer process Complete 15:53:21| Error| Outlook installer failed with hr = C0000005 15:53:21| Error| LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.(error = 3221225477) (pstinstaller.cpp:CPstInstaller::DoInstallPst:216). 15:53:21| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallPstAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0000005): LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExcep...

outlook 2000 help file

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Outlook 2003

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

Adding Comments
I want to have a macro that will add a comment box to all the cells that the interior color index = 6. Anyone have any ideas? TIA, Kim It's pretty straightforward... what should the comment box say? Kim, Her is an example that works on the current selection. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EADBFB17-F6B2-4E6C-89F5-95AE74DC68DA@microsoft.com... > I want to have a macro that will add a comment box to all the cells that the > interior color index = 6. Anyone have...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Money 2002 Can't seem to download sucessfully
I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is downloading, but doesn't import into the Money program. What happened? I created a Passport to work online, but that is the only thing that has changed on my end. Can someone please help me!!?!?!?!??! >-----Original Message----- >I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking >info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it >worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is >dow...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

ESM error
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have Exchange2k3 SP2 running on a Win2k3 server. Our Exchange Admin is out on medical leave so I am resuming his responsibilities. My problem is I cannot access some of the storage groups using exchange system manager. We have 4 mailbox stores and I get an error trying to access 3 of them. The error is "An unknown error has occurred. ID no: 80040d1b Exchange System Manager". What is really puzzling is if I click on a storage group a second time, I don't get the error but the storage group shows up as empty. I have thi...

#Error Message
I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames. When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks Hi Nigel, Try: =IIf(IsError([EyNumber]), "No Data", Count([EyNumber]) Clifford Bass Nigel wrote: >I have created a calculatio...

outlook should let me move emails from sent to a specific folder
It only allows copies to be moved to specific folders and not the actual mail itself - this creates unnecssary copies and makes everything confusing. Can't there also be a SIMPLE rules wizard like in outlook 2002? I find this new wizard too cumbersome and complex. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

concurrent instances (or profiles) of outlook
Hi, Is it possible to have two instances of Outlook running at the same time? Or maybe have two Outlook profiles accessable at the same time? I have two mail accounts and want to keep them seperate and want to use Outlook for both. But I don't know how so right now I'm using Outlook Express for one and Outlook for the other. Thanks for any advise, Rob No, you cannot run 2 instances of Outlook nor can you have 2 profiles open at the same time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus n...