Error using E-mail encryption

I have installed an encryption certificate on two computers and have them
trusting eachothers certificates, but on one of the computers it can send
encrypted emails but when I try to open an encrypted email I get the error
message "Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security
system" Does anybody know how to fix this error

Thanks,

Nick
0
Nick4562 (282)

"Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have installed an encryption certificate on two computers and have them
> trusting eachothers certificates, but on one of the computers it can send
> encrypted emails but when I try to open an encrypted email I get the error
> message "Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security
> system" Does anybody know how to fix this error

I've managed a Private Key Infrastructure where I work and I've seen this
happen most in two cases.  The first is when the sender has an older version
of the recipient's public key and the recipient has deleted the expired cert.
The sender can encrypt the message but the recipient can't decrypt it because
there's no private key anymore.  The other case is that the recipient's cert
is damaged and the rpivate key is no longer available.  You can test for this
case easily enough.  Click Start>Run, enter "certmgr.msc" in the Open field
and click OK.  When the certificate manager opens, expand "Personal" and
select "Certificates".  Select the certificate in the right-hand pane and
click Action>All Tasks>Export.  When the Certificate Export Wizard opens,
click Next.  You should see a dialogue containing two radio buttons, one
labeled "Yes, export the private key" and the other labeled "No, do not export
the private key".  If the "Yes" button is grayed out and unselectable, the
private key is damaged and the cert will need to be reissued or the PKI's
"private key recovery" function used.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
7/2/2009 3:29:17 PM
I have had our lead IT guy look for and fix the problems if they were present
but the error still shows up when we try to open encrypted emails.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> >I have installed an encryption certificate on two computers and have them
> > trusting eachothers certificates, but on one of the computers it can send
> > encrypted emails but when I try to open an encrypted email I get the error
> > message "Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security
> > system" Does anybody know how to fix this error
>
> I've managed a Private Key Infrastructure where I work and I've seen this
> happen most in two cases.  The first is when the sender has an older version
> of the recipient's public key and the recipient has deleted the expired cert.
> The sender can encrypt the message but the recipient can't decrypt it because
> there's no private key anymore.  The other case is that the recipient's cert
> is damaged and the rpivate key is no longer available.  You can test for this
> case easily enough.  Click Start>Run, enter "certmgr.msc" in the Open field
> and click OK.  When the certificate manager opens, expand "Personal" and
> select "Certificates".  Select the certificate in the right-hand pane and
> click Action>All Tasks>Export.  When the Certificate Export Wizard opens,
> click Next.  You should see a dialogue containing two radio buttons, one
> labeled "Yes, export the private key" and the other labeled "No, do not export
> the private key".  If the "Yes" button is grayed out and unselectable, the
> private key is damaged and the cert will need to be reissued or the PKI's
> "private key recovery" function used.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Nick4562 (282)
7/2/2009 5:19:06 PM

>I have had our lead IT guy look for and fix the problems if they were present
> but the error still shows up when we try to open encrypted emails.

Is the private key in the cert still intact?  Have you tried re-exchanging
certificates?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
7/2/2009 6:21:22 PM
The key is intact and I re-exchanged it but it still errors

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> >I have had our lead IT guy look for and fix the problems if they were present
> > but the error still shows up when we try to open encrypted emails.
>
> Is the private key in the cert still intact?  Have you tried re-exchanging
> certificates?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Nick4562 (282)
7/2/2009 7:10:01 PM

> The key is intact and I re-exchanged it but it still errors

Perhaps someone in the microsoft.public.security.crypto newsgroup might have a
suggestion.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Excel Progrom Error

Changing a result ending in 32ths to 16ths i.e. 5 5/32 to 5 3/16
I have a cell where a number (variable) i.e. 10 5/16 which in another cell I have to divide it in half. The problem is that the number will end with a 32 fraction like 5 5/32. I need that or any other result to end in 16 i.e. 5 3/16. I work in a carton corrugator and we don't use 32ths in measures. We use 16ths and up. Please help! In recent versions of Excel: Format>Cells>Fraction>as sixteenths In older versions: Format>Cells>Custom># ?/16 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "WGL" <WGL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Sharebuilder account import error

Followup on Copy Objects from Another A2007 db using vba
I created a form with several listboxes (one for each type of object...) allowing a user to select a "sandbox" FE (where newly modified objects have been tested...) and a "Production" FE (where users log in using Tony's AutoFE). The user selects the objects he wants to copy in each listbox (one listbox to a tab...), then clicks the "TransferSelected" button. Herewith the event procedure: Private Sub btnTransferSelected_Click() Dim ctl As Control Dim lngObjectType As AcObjectType Dim strObjectType As String Dim varItem As Varian...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

Problems with Using Query with Analyze it with Microsoft Excel
We have a problem with Access 2003 and EXCEL 2003. I have a QUERY from ACCESS 2003 and hit the following sequence of commands - "TOOLS" "OFFICE LINKS" and "ANALYZE IT WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL". I notice the Excel pops up and I see fields being imported and when it is down the Excel spreadsheet is blank - not even a blank spreadsheet comes up. What am I doing wrong. We need Access 2003 to link to the data in Excel so we can edit and modify it using EXCEL as well as ACCESS. Thanks for your help. JW ...

outlook express shows header info in html mail
Hi i've sent an email thoruh a form in a php page; in some outlook express client the mail is shown with some header info and with html tag as they were plain text. I receive the email just as it should be, while my collegue (which is beside me in the same office) and my client don't. I already unchecked the 'Read message in plain text' checkbox. Has anyone any idea about it? NB: i used the phpmailer class in php. Thanks Vitto I presume that you are talking about something like Yahoo Groups where you send a message to the group and it is then sent to as...

Create 2nd form using totals from 1st form
I have a main form called an invoice form where a user enters in information into Access regarding an invoice such as Invoice #, Invoice date, Vendor, etc. There is also a subform embedded in the Invoice form that shows lawyer details such as hours, rates, and projects and calculates a total amount per lawyer. My problem is I need another form which groups by invoice # the total fee amount per project, NOT per lawyer - and allows the user on this form to code the fees to a specific department and account so that the invoice can get paid. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I ...

Macro using a cell reference
I have an aplication called DPlot that can take commands from inside excel using macros. I managed to interact already with it using the following: - Sub DownElevation() ' ' DownElevation Macro ' Macro recorded 24/03/2010 ' ' Channel = DDEInitiate("DPlot", "System") DDEExecute Channel, "[ContourViewChange(,-1)]" DDETerminate Channel End Sub Sub UpElevation() ' ' UpElevation Macro ' Macro recorded 24/03/2010 ' ' Channel = DDEInitiate("DPlot", "System") DDEExecute Channel, &qu...

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

SMTP mail send problem
I'm running Windows/Outlook XP with mail routed through POP3/SMTP university servers. Abruptly, I am no longer able to send mail, though receiving works fine. I get an error message saying that Outlook couldn't connect with the outgoing server. No account settings have changed (I've checked) and I can still telnet to the SMTP server (but not through port 25)and send mail through a web-based university system. I do not have any Norton software on my computer, though I"m unsure about other potential firewalls. I am connecting to the internet through a cable modem which work...

Junk E-mail Reporting Tool for Outlook
Microsoft is now offering for download a free "Junk E-Mail Reporting Tool Version 1.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook." It is described this way ... "Microsoft Junk E-mail Reporting Tool submits e-mail to Microsoft when you explicitly choose to do so. If you receive a junk e-mail and want to report it to us for analysis, first select the e-mail in Outlook and then click the junk e-mail button on your tool bar. You will see a pop-up window asking whether you want to report the selected e-mail to Microsoft and its affiliates. When you click "Yes" to confirm that you&...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error