Error message when opening attachments

I receive the following error when trying to open mail
attachments:

OUTLOOK.EXE szAppVer: 10.06626.0 szModName:hungapp
szModVer:0.0.0.0

I use the install disc to "repair" MS - but error
persists.  Can anyone assist me?

Hi Robert,

This issue can occur if the Outlook cache files are corrupt.  Please perform the steps below to rename and recreate them:

Step1: Rename Cache files
===============
Perform a search on your computer to find the following files:

extend.dat
outcmd.dat
frmcache.dat
views.dat

NOTE: Some of them may not exist, but it should not matter. You may also need to show the extension of the file and enable the "show hidden files" option in
"Folder Options". To do this, please perform the following steps:

a. Start-->Control Panel

b. Click Folder option

c. Click "show hidden files and folders" in the View tab

d. Click "Start", point to "Search"

e. Click "All Files and Folders" and click "More Advanced Options" and make sure the following options are checked:

 --Search System Subfolders
 --Search Hidden files and folders
 --Search Subfolders

f. In the "All or Part of the File Name" box, type one of the above files' names and click "Search".

g. Right-click the file and rename the files.

"extend.dat" To "extend.old"
"outcmd.dat" To "outcmd.old"
"frmcache.dat" To "frmcache.old"
"views.dat" To "views.old"

NOTE: If you cannot rename the files, simply back them up to another folder and then delete them.

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
>From: "Robert" <rjyeldelljr@comcast.net>
>Sender: "Robert" <rjyeldelljr@comcast.net>
>Subject: Error message when opening attachments
>Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:05:27 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>
>I receive the following error when trying to open mail
>attachments:
>
>OUTLOOK.EXE szAppVer: 10.06626.0 szModName:hungapp
>szModVer:0.0.0.0
>
>I use the install disc to "repair" MS - but error
>persists.  Can anyone assist me?

0
scatki (156)

Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to dat.
Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to data markers in xy plot chart. I'm sure I could do it in Lotus 123 You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to add labels. It's a free add-in that you can download from his web site: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Peter Sailing by wrote: > Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to data markers in > xy plot chart. I'm sure I could do it in Lotus 123 -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html In addition to t...

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

Excel Progrom Error

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

Sharebuilder account import error

2003 Keeps the default workbook open
When I start Excel, it starts up with a blank workbook. If I immediately open a saved file, it closes the blank workbook... All good... except mine has stopped closing the blank one. So I always end up with 2 workbooks open, the one I opened and a blank one that I'm not interested in! Is this a setting? if so where? Can I fix it? thanks... M Did you or someone create a default workbook (ie, Book.xltx or Book.xltm) and save it in "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART"? On 5/9/2010 4:17 AM, Michelle wrote: > When I start...

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

KB Articles should have the ability to add attachments
The KB in the customer service module , should be able to hold file attachments ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fcc0abb9-5419-4f59-b298-b5c3811d820f&dg=m...

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

open attachments via OWA
Have a curious situation. A user is complaining of cannot open attachments via OWA. That's through our company Exchange server (Exchange 2003). Now, on the very *same* laptop she is using, she can get attachments from another company's OWA. Very strange. What is the normal cause of this issue? What attachment types can't see access? (e.g. doc, mdb, exe, com, bat, .etc) The reason that I ask is that OWA under Exchange 2003 can block access to specific attachment types just like Outlook 2003. "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:3shlhkFoeg86U1@...

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...

Typing message error