Error message in Outlook when deleting

Hello-

XP is the OS, Office 2000 and Outlook is the app with
troubles.  When trying to delete messages from my Inbox,
an error message stating Messaging Interface unknown
error, restart Outlook if problem persists.  I have
restarted multiple times and reinstalled Office 2000 in
the repair mode, downloaded the updates and still cannot
delete the messages.  My inbox is getting very full!
Please give guidance to repair this issue.  Thanks!

I have posted the same problem, and do not see a
response. Nothing in the Knowledge Base has solved this
problem for me, either. Let's hope we get an answer soon.

Are you able to select the individual messages in the
Deleted Items folder and delete them permanently?

Have you run scanpst.exe on the outlook.pst file? That
may work for you. Just do a search for that file, and run
it, then within that utility, browse to the location of
the outlook.pst file (usually C:\Documents and
Settings\[user name]\Local
Settings\Applications\Microsoft\Outlook).

I did all these things, and yet I still have a deleted
folder that will not "empty," and I even have to move it
to another folder to empty the "deleted items" folder. I
hope they get this fixed. It is more than annoying.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/25/2004 12:50:22 PM
Jimme' <jimme_peters@msn.com> wrote:

> XP is the OS, Office 2000 and Outlook is the app with
> troubles.  When trying to delete messages from my Inbox,
> an error message stating Messaging Interface unknown
> error, restart Outlook if problem persists.  I have
> restarted multiple times and reinstalled Office 2000 in
> the repair mode, downloaded the updates and still cannot
> delete the messages.  My inbox is getting very full!
> Please give guidance to repair this issue.  Thanks!

Two suggestions: 1) if you are running OL 2000 in C/W and not IMO mode (see
Help>About to determine this), try creating a new mail profile (Control
Panel>User Accounts>Mail>Show Profiles>New).  2) Create a new PST, make it
your default delivery location and move to it all the items from the old PST
you wish to keep, then close and delete the old PST.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

What is a error parsing voucher?
I tried to download a specific font for my daughter's wedding, called Young Love, but as I download it tells me error parsing voucher, download cannot continue. What does this mean and how can I fix it? Please e-mail me at NY152358@hotmail.com Thanks for the help, in advance. I don't know about the error but...try the following link: http://www.fryfonts.com/free-font/140 -- John Inzer "Jilly Bean" <Jilly Bean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B86ACBF9-0E0C-4AC1-A95F-E69DC00B4648@microsoft.com... >I tried to download a specific font for my dau...

Word: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time ...
Upon opening some previously created Word 2003 documents, users on our network are receiving the message: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? At which point the document can not be opened and the user is presented with the option to pull available unformatted text from the <ocument. ... or ... Word stops responding completely and you have to end-task on Word. Searching Microsoft will tell that you can remove the documents in question from the disabled list in Word. Indeed you can, but thi...

forwarding email from other addresses to outlook?
I hava an msn.com and a work e-mail address that I would like to have all forwarded to outlook so i can use the contact management abilities of outlook. is this possible? also, if i do use outlook, can i read my e-mail from a remote computer via internet (like hotmail)? a wrote: > I hava an msn.com and a work e-mail address that I would > like to have all forwarded to outlook so i can use the > contact management abilities of outlook. You can configure Outlook XP and 2003 to use your Hotmail account, if that's what you're asking. > also, if i do use outlook, can ...

Outlook Rules case sensitive
Hi Are Outlook 2007 Rules case sensitive? Can you help me to know all the Outlook 2007 Rule that are case sensitive? Thanks in advance.. Ashwin LK What are you trying to achieve? Are you looking for specific words in a message or subject? In that case, it is not case sensitive. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Ashwin" <msnews08@nospam.nospam> wrote...

Old OUTLOOK files
Is there software available to convert Outlook old (199x > 2003) .pst files to new (2007) files? I have been using old outlook software and have old format .pst files that my new Windows 7 Outlook 2007 will not read. "Mary Lou Trice" <MaryLouTrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6C389CF-CB25-48FE-B0D3-6F58C0390DDF@microsoft.com... > Is there software available to convert Outlook old (199x > 2003) .pst > files > to new (2007) files? I have been using old outlook software and have old > format .pst files that my new Windows...

Outlook 2003 email rules not working properly
I've upgraded from Office XP to 2003. I've kept all my mails using the XP pst file and all is well. I have a whole list of email rules that move incoming mail to specific folders depending on email account and contents of subject etc. These rules worked flawlessly in Outlook XP, but now they only work when I first start Outlook and it checks mail. If there is no mail waiting when I open outlook, then the rules seem to work the next time I check my mail and I receive something. But after that, any subsequent mail checks, either automatic or manual, sends all new mail to the inbox. If...

Workbook minimizes when sending as attachment using Outlook Expres
When I send a workbook as an attachment, using Outlook express, the Excel document minimizes instead of staying open. How do I stop this so the document will stay maximized? ...

deleting a fields content
I have a situation in which a user will need to delete only the content of one field for a record. For each record in the table there is a column (field) called IsChildOf. On the webpage there will be a button that will delete only the content (a number) of the field IsChildOf for the record. So, if record ID 449945 has 25 in the IsChildOf and the person uses the delete button, the 25 is deleted. How is the DELETE statement constructed for something like that (I'm a noob to sql)? Thanks. John John > On the webpage there will be a button that will > delete onl...

read and delete??????
Has anyone heard of Outlook deleting a message as soon as it is read once and then closed? If so, could you tell me how to turn that off? m_alcorn@yahoo.com Thanks I'm not sure how to get rid of it, unless someone set a rule to make that happen. It's certainly not an automatic feature. If I wanted to make it happen, this is how I'd do it. If someone did this on your PC, it should simply be a matter of finding and deleting the rule. Here's how: Click Inbox . On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard. In the Apply rules in the following order box, click the rule you want ...

outlook 2000 hang
I am using Outlook 2000 with XP pro; recently when trying to delete an email the computer hangs and I need to reboot it has occurs every time I try to delete an email message Are you working on an Exchange server account ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook 2003 Crashes Immediately When Opened
Using Win XP Home ... When I try to open Outlook 2003, it opens and almost immediately closes. Sometimes when I attempt to open it, I must open it 10 -15 times before it remains open. I get no error message. I assume there is some type of conflict going on, but with no error message, I haven't got a clue as to where to start. I am not having this problem with any other software. Russ Coover does it open using the /safe swich? at the Start menu, run, type outlook.exe /safe If it runs, go to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and re...

Setup the excluding list for sending message size restriction
Hi, I want to setup excluding group of sending message size restriction and I do not where to start. For example, all employee have 2 MB attachement limit but I also need to setup exclusion group for manager and sale people which requiring 5MB. What will be the best way to implement it? I will be appreciated your suggestion and hints. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow Johnny: I can think of a couple of ways to do this, but probably the simplest is to set your global outgoing message limit to 2MB. Then, on the Exchange General property page for the users that can send large...

Missing "Accounts" button in Outlook 2003 new message interface
Here is the situation: I have a user that is using Outlook 2003. When looking under existing accounts there is one MS Exchange Account that is hers. That Exchange Account has two Exchange mailboxes added to it. When attempting to send a new message, the user does NOT see the "Accounts" button that allows a person to select which account to send an email. I'd like to know if it's possible for this to exist given the setup I've described. I'd appreciate any help/feedback. Thank you. "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Outlook "Insufficient system resources to complete the requested service" with attachments
Hi gurus In Outlook I am getting "Insufficient system resources to complete the requested service" with any attachments. Can send using the Send To in Word etc. NT4 SP6 Outlook 2000. Only Outlook running. Thanks to 1 n all Juliet x ...

Outlook 97/view email as html
Can I view the "slick" email marketing pieces I receive as html within Outlook 97? Presently, they all look like garbage--help please. NS ...

LoadPicture() error XL2007
Hello, I have an ActiveX image control (=93stuGraphic=94) on a worksheet =93wsStudent=94. The following line of code is run from a macro: wsStudent.OLEObjects("stuGraphic").Object.Picture =3D LoadPicture() Running with XL2007, this runs without fail 95% of the time, but occasionally it generates an error message =91Runtime error-2147417848 (80010108) Method =93Picture=94 of object =93IImage=94 failed.=92 Once I = get the error, it fails continually - restarting the application, or closing & restarting Excel does not fix the problem. The only fix I=92ve fou...

VS2005 compile error with afxwin.h and afx.h
I am in the process of upgrading our development environment from VS2003 to VS2005. I have both versions installed, side by side, on my system. A couple of c++ routines, when compiled in VS2005, produce the following error message(s) : c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afxwin.h(280) : error C2248: 'CObject::CObject' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CObject' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afx.h(558) : see declaration of 'CObject::CObject' c:\program files\microsoft visual ...

Sync Outlook over Internet
Hi, I want to sync my offline Outlook with our server over the internet. The only way I can do this, is via WebDAV. I cannot find a tool that does that for me. Can you? --- Roland Wolters http://www.habbiebabbie.net ***** Please react via UseNet only ******** What's your mail server? Roland Wolters wrote: > Hi, > > I want to sync my offline Outlook with our server over the internet. > The only way I can do this, is via WebDAV. I cannot find a tool that > does that for me. Can you? > > > --- > Roland Wolters > http://www.habbiebabbie.net > ***** Pleas...

Backup messages in Outlook 5
Where do I find the file that holds messages in Outlook 5? I know it i not a pst file since my computer shows hidden folders and I do not se a pst file anywhere in Documents and Settings\etc ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com itsmetisa <itsmetisa.10s4e2@outlookforum.com> wrote: > Where do I find the file that holds messages in Outlook 5? There is no such beast as Outlook 5. You're referring to Outlook Express V5. Ask in an Outlook Express new...

Blank Emails in Outlook
For the past two weeks, periodically hundreds (700 +) blank emails will appear in either my Inbox or Junk Email inbox, with only Sent: None. Any ideas what is causing this? "Dave895" <Dave895@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17486EB-E3A2-46DF-88DE-10F65984AA6C@microsoft.com... > For the past two weeks, periodically hundreds (700 +) blank emails will > appear in either my Inbox or Junk Email inbox, with only Sent: None. > > Any ideas what is causing this? If you have web access to the mailbox on the server, log in there and see if ...

No Attribute Message
I am also receiving this error message, although the circumstance is slightly different. I have written a plugin which will automatically select the default unit for a new product. When I enter a new product, the plugin runs all the way through, and then I get this error: 'No Attribute'. Can anyone tell me why I'm getting this error, or how I can run a trace to see a more detailed error message? ...

Outlook 2007 beta
I can not delete any email messages. If I try to select a message and delete it I get a error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error, If the problem persists, restart outlook." If I try to empty my "Deleted Items" folder I get a message that says the message may already be deleted. -- I''m Down the Tubes with the whales! Have you tried using the Maintenance tool? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without read...

Question about forgetting the saved password in Outlook 2003
Hi all, Did a quick check on Google before I posted here, couldn't find my answer. I'm not an Outlook user and am trying to help someone out with an issue. Recently, a client of mine changed their DSL account password so now when they try to send / receive with Outlook they can't because the password has changed. Where do you go to forget or change the password in Outlook 2003 (SP3)? - Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) >Did a quick check on Google before I posted here, couldn't find my >answer. I'm not an Outlook user and am trying to help someone out with >an issue. Rece...

Delete copies of imported emails from OE 6
I have a new computer and have been transferring from OE 6 to Outlook 2007. During the process of trying to migrate everything, I managed to import my messages from OE 6 three times and now have triplicates of my messages. I was trying to get the address book and got the messages two more times by mistake. For some reason, cancel did not work. Since I keep all emails from my clients, and have done so for many years, I have thousands of original emails. Is there a way to filter the second and third copy for deletion? I looked at mail cleanup, but did not see anything about de...

Getting a run Time Error in Outlook2003
I'm getting an error in outlook 2003 when trying to forward or reply to an e-mail. It only happens once and then I'm free to forward and reply to e-mail. ACOutCom Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)': Method'~'of object '~'failed Any help would be good help! This problem is more annoying then a problem. Thanks Scott Hi Scott, maybe this could be solve your problem http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=255986 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...