Error in Send/Recieve (Outlook 2003)

Hi
  Users are getting an error when pressing the send/recieve button in
outlook:
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reporte4d error (0x8004010F) : 'The
operation failed. An object could not be found.'

This error is because of an offline addressbook.
But not all users are getting this.

The setup is Exchange 2003 Hosting environment, exchange forest, users from
one domain are working ok but users from other domain gets this error.
Is it possible that this has something to do with firewall?
any other ideas?

GauiC

0
GauiC

I had the same problem, then read:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841273.   Noting that
a lot of the topics had to do with the offline address
book, I took the advice to download a full version of the
address book.   This seemed to have corrected my problem.

0
anonymous (74717)

Public Folder Problem Exchange 2003
[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin and a copy was sent to the cited author.] Currently I have a client that has Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 Server. This was upgraded from Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. Issue involves some emails that where copied to a public folder. The email shows up in the Exchange System Manager in content pane. However if you try to open the email you get a 501 error. There is no date and time in the listing however all of the other details of the email appear to be present in the content pane. Some of the entries even have an at...

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

Outlook taskpad question
Does anyone know how to do the following: In the Calendar screen, when the taskpad is on the bottom right corner, how can I get taskpad to only list active tasks, NO completed tasks? Try using the "Active tasks for selected days" view. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:028701c3c5b8$84179c20$a601280a@phx.gbl, mike wrote: > Does anyone know how to do the following: In the Calendar > screen, when the taskpad is on the bottom righ...

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

Do not have permission to send to this recipient
I have a client who has Exchange 2003 SP1 installed. Frequently when sending an email to someone they will recieve a message back from System Administrator "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. 5.7.1 smtp;550 Relaying Denied" I have the "Allow All Computer Which Successfully Authenticate to Relay Regardless of list above" checked in the SMTP Virtual Connector. This has not helped. I checked to see if their domain is on any SPAM LIST and it's not. They do not have Open Relay on their server. Please give me some suggestions of how I can fix thi...

Excel Progrom Error

Outlook 07 closes out
Open up Outlook 2007 to check email. Receive a message. Outlook has received an error. No other reason just that and closes. Running XP, even tried doing a different logon and it does the same thing. I do not want to reformat my pc uless I really need to. Have even unstalled and reinstalled. Same thing Are there any relevent entries in Event Viewer? "Ken" <kbishop53@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:uTcAVBARIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Open up Outlook 2007 to check email. Receive a message. Outlook has > received an error. No other reason just that and closes. R...

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

Outlook 2007 search issues
I have a customer with Windows Vista SP1/Office 2007 and the automatic search function does not work. You can still type into the search box at the top of the inbox, but you have to actually press the search button to look for a search term. Index service is functioning, but when you look at the Indexing Options function under the Control Panel, it states that the Index Service is not running. I looked under the Windows Components and Index Service is installed. I have also checked the hard drive and the drive is indexed. I am officially stumped. Any suggestions on where to go now...

Hidden Outlook reminders
My wife has Outlook 2003 under Windows XP. When she had Outlook 2000 (or 2002, I'm not sure), each reminder arrived in its own pop-up window, but in Outlook 2003, they appear only in the taskbar (and therefore tend not to get noticed) and several reminders are grouped together. I've read all the recent threads on this topic, and share the frustration of those who just cannot understand why MS would remove the option to have pop-up reminders. In several threads, jmaxon wrote: "This is annoying me as well. It appears to be an issue with Windows 7 (Win7), not Outl...

Change organisation name in Exchange 2003
Hi, We are migrating our XCH 5.5 to XCH 2003. We need to change the organisation name. We can not use XMERGE as we need to keep the rights on the folders. So we need the new 2003 to join the 5.5 organisation: we can not create a new organisation and migrate the mailboxes. Is there a way, once the migration is over, to change the organisation name in Exchange 2003 ? Thks, Alex On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:11:35 +0100, "Alex" <alex@alex.alex> wrote: >Hi, > >We are migrating our XCH 5.5 to XCH 2003. We need to change the organisation >name. We can not use XMERGE as we n...

error, chkdsk

How do I change double spacing to single in Outlook 2002?
When entering data in my contacts in Outlook 2002, all of a sudden the line spacing changes from single spacing to double. How do I fix that? ...

Outlook Express: emails printing too large
When I retrieve my emails they are easy to read. When I print the emails off the font is very large -- 14 pt or larger. What do I need to change to reduce the printable font to normal 10 pt size? ...

error 0x800CCC0F

Outlook 2003 Personal Folders
I just installed Outlook 2003 and I seem to have two Personal Folders in my folders list. But, they both point to the same place and have the same data when I click on them. How do I remove the duplicate? Jeff -- Jeff Grossman (jeff@stikman.com) R click the one that is not your default, then select Close from the context menu. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jeff Grossman" <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote in message news:im1jsvsn93v4to7kjlkctmqhjc25om151b@news.stikman.com... > I just installed Outlook 2003 and I seem to have two Personal Folders > in my folders list...

4.4.7 error

Outlook /pda sync fails when View changed
I accidently(!) removed the Subject field form my main OUtlook view. Since then, syncing with my ipaq pda fials (even after I have added the Subject field back to the view as was). Any ideas if this is a known problem, or what the fix may be? Thanks ...

Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2007
I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook 2003. Can that be done? Is Outlook 2007 backward compatable? No. Afraid you will need to uninstall OL 2007 and then install OL 2003 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Guy" <gdelaney@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote in message news:OTykI2Q$KHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook > 2003. Can...

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

SMTP mail send problem
I'm running Windows/Outlook XP with mail routed through POP3/SMTP university servers. Abruptly, I am no longer able to send mail, though receiving works fine. I get an error message saying that Outlook couldn't connect with the outgoing server. No account settings have changed (I've checked) and I can still telnet to the SMTP server (but not through port 25)and send mail through a web-based university system. I do not have any Norton software on my computer, though I"m unsure about other potential firewalls. I am connecting to the internet through a cable modem which work...