Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.

Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm
vx.  'Use to work' okay.  Recently restored laptop (Dell)
from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000.  Reinstalled
Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message.
Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay.  Complete message is:
A program is trying to access e-mail address you have
stored in Outlook.  Do you want to allow this?
If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should
choose "no".

Machine is running McAfee with latest definitions.

Thanks
jv

0
jim.vest (1)

You probably installed Outlook 2000 SP2. This is part of the Outlook
security update. Contact Palm for updated sync software.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003

"jimvest" <jim.vest@acs-inc.com> wrote in message
> Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm
> vx.  'Use to work' okay.  Recently restored laptop (Dell)
> from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000.  Reinstalled
> Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message.
> Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay.  Complete message is:
> A program is trying to access e-mail address you have
> stored in Outlook.  Do you want to allow this?
> If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should
> choose "no".
>
> Machine is running McAfee with latest definitions.
>
> Thanks
> jv

0
patriciac (522)
11/18/2003 2:38:43 PM
Not a virus, but a result of a security update in Outlook that tries to
prevent viruses from sneaking around behind your back to send from your
computer.
Go to www.palm.com and download the latest version of Hotsync/Palm Desktop.
You won't lose your third party conduit to Outlook.

jimvest wrote:
> Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm
> vx.  'Use to work' okay.  Recently restored laptop (Dell)
> from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000.  Reinstalled
> Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message.
> Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay.  Complete message is:
> A program is trying to access e-mail address you have
> stored in Outlook.  Do you want to allow this?
> If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should
> choose "no".
>
> Machine is running McAfee with latest definitions.
>
> Thanks
> jv

0
lanwench (7567)

Excel Progrom Error

Copying Sent Emails to Network Folder
Some users on our network were asking if it is possible to copy outgoing messages to a network folder using the address field (either to: or cc:). Is there a way to give a network folder an email address, or is there a code which can be created to allow this to happen. Also, it would not be the same folder for each outgoing message, they would need to change the location based on the project related to the email they are sending. I apologize for shotgunning the message, but I just wasn't sure which board to which to post the question. Thanks in advance for any advice. Please feel free ...

Switching to mail program automatically
Forgive me if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find such a post. While working in Word, browsing the Net, doing virtually anything with Outlook open, if mail comes in -- usually spam -- the view automatically switches to Outlook and that message. I am a writer and it is driving me crazy, because I receive a substantial amount of mail. I have virus-scanned, of course (Norton full-time, plus online scans by Panda and BitDefender; all sorts of malware protection) and the system has come up clean. Outlook shows no changes in settings that I might have mistakenly made. I&#...

Storing Data in Microsoft Excel
Hi I wonder if anyone out there would help I have excel, and I have some data which I update daily in the spreadsheet, I would like to create a macro, to copy all the data onto another page, and then, so that the next day I enter new set of data and when I press the same button it copies it all to the same page as the other data, but one row underneath (so that it doesn't override it) I know this can be done, but I cant remember how to do it. I did something in VB, active.offset but that's all I can remember if there is anyone that could help that would be brilliant All the be...

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Outlook 2007 search issues
I have a customer with Windows Vista SP1/Office 2007 and the automatic search function does not work. You can still type into the search box at the top of the inbox, but you have to actually press the search button to look for a search term. Index service is functioning, but when you look at the Indexing Options function under the Control Panel, it states that the Index Service is not running. I looked under the Windows Components and Index Service is installed. I have also checked the hard drive and the drive is indexed. I am officially stumped. Any suggestions on where to go now...

ERROR

Outlook Express: emails printing too large
When I retrieve my emails they are easy to read. When I print the emails off the font is very large -- 14 pt or larger. What do I need to change to reduce the printable font to normal 10 pt size? ...

How do I change double spacing to single in Outlook 2002?
When entering data in my contacts in Outlook 2002, all of a sudden the line spacing changes from single spacing to double. How do I fix that? ...

error, chkdsk

Outlook 2003 Personal Folders
I just installed Outlook 2003 and I seem to have two Personal Folders in my folders list. But, they both point to the same place and have the same data when I click on them. How do I remove the duplicate? Jeff -- Jeff Grossman (jeff@stikman.com) R click the one that is not your default, then select Close from the context menu. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jeff Grossman" <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote in message news:im1jsvsn93v4to7kjlkctmqhjc25om151b@news.stikman.com... > I just installed Outlook 2003 and I seem to have two Personal Folders > in my folders list...

error 0x800CCC0F

html format email
How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email templates in crm? I can write some custom add-ins in c# if needed. Thanks, J On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:41:24 -0500, "Scanner2001" <jeffsanders125@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email >templates in crm? You can create html email templates. The secret is to create them in another tool eg Notepad or Dreamweaver then open the html in IE and then cut and paste into the CRM email template window If you have graphics only links to the images are copie...

4.4.7 error

Access 2.0 Converter 09-27-04
I have installed the converter for moving from Access 2.0 to Access 2003 running under Windows XP Professional. However Access 2003 still tells me I need to convert the database and does not recognise the converter has been installed, so points me again to the Microsoft Website to obtain the converter. Any suggestions please. Hi Colin, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. Are you sure that you ran the .exe file for the Access 2.0 Converter so that it was installed? To download the Access 2.0 Converter free of charge, visit the following Micro...

Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2007
I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook 2003. Can that be done? Is Outlook 2007 backward compatable? No. Afraid you will need to uninstall OL 2007 and then install OL 2003 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Guy" <gdelaney@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote in message news:OTykI2Q$KHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook > 2003. Can...

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

Outlook /pda sync fails when View changed
I accidently(!) removed the Subject field form my main OUtlook view. Since then, syncing with my ipaq pda fials (even after I have added the Subject field back to the view as was). Any ideas if this is a known problem, or what the fix may be? Thanks ...

Re: Money 2004

Macro in Word2007 open another program?
can I use a macro in Word2007 to open and access another program? Yes. But exactly how, depends upon what that program is. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/OfficeInterdev.htm and particularly See the article "Control Excel from Word” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/ControlXLFromWord.htm or the article "Control Outlook from Word” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/ControlOLFromWord.htm Then there is also the Shell command in VBA. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consu...

Technical error