Erased Contacts

I was just working in Outlook 2000 under the tools,
services tab and accidentally removed my personal folder
that contained all my contacts and emails.  can this be
retrieved if it hasn't been archived recently????

please help me im so screwed
0
reilly1 (1)

It was probably just closed. You need to search your
computer for all .pst files (unless you know the name
of the pst).

Perform a FIND (click on desktop and press <F3>)
(If you are using XP or W2K operating system be
sure to look in hidden files)
Look for    *.pst

Take note of where they are located. Then using the
FILE menu, follow the path your wrote down in the
FIND operation and open the pst into Outlook.

--
Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

"Matt" <reilly@hofflundpolone.com> wrote in message
I was just working in Outlook 2000 under the tools,
services tab and accidentally removed my personal folder
that contained all my contacts and emails.  can this be
retrieved if it hasn't been archived recently????

please help me im so screwed

File erasing
Hello fellow Newsgroupies, How can I completely erase a file from the hard disk not just 'delete' it? Many thanks, 'Newsgroupie' I'm not an expert on this but I believe the basic approach is overwrite it and then delete it. In fact, it is sometimes possible to detect what a byte value on a hard drive was before being overwritten by another value. So to really eliminate all traces of a file, you would probably want to write alternating bit patterns to a file several times before deleting it. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com &...

CRM 4.0 Add Related Contact
Has the action of adding a related contact in CRM 3.0 been removed from CRM 4.0? It use to be an action item. Thanks! Hi Teresa, Yes this menu item has been removed. You can easily add a custom menu item calling javascript to open a new contact form. Enable custom menus in CRM and add the following to your isv config file: <Entities> <Entity name="account"> <MenuBar> <!-- Custom Menus that you may add --> <CustomMenus> <Menu> <Titles> <Ti...

Busines contacts
Am using the new Business contacts manager with the new Outlook 2003 I have copied my old contacts into "Business Contacts" However - am now getting a message when attempting to create new business contacts "Form cannot be found - contact your administrator". Also when opening contacts its says "form cannot be found - using outlook form" and then there is another error message that says something like "fields cannot be found" After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from simon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Using excel to modify a CSV for internatilising outlook contacts
Afternoon all, I have about 300 phone numbers in the standard UK format of 01603229920. I wish to somehow turn 01603229920 into +441603229920, 300 times! I've exported the outlook contacts to CSV, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way of doing this. Search and replace is not an option I don't think but I've had a crap day and might be missing something obvious. -- Regards Jon If it always start with a zero and yopu want to replace that zero with +44 you can do that using Word which allows for replacing the first character with for instance <* replace with +44 ...

contacts locks up computer when edit details in an individual contact
any ideas on this ? ...

New Form
I have a designed a new Form using the Contacts Base form. I have added some extra fields under the general tab. I want to add them under the Detail tab but was unable to do so. If you know a way to do that please let me know. Also, I want to move all the existing contacts to use this new form, how would I do that? You can't modify the Details tab in a contact form. To update your existing contacts with the new form see here: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm#convert -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza/ Author, Special Edition ...

how to create relationship between Account and Contact relationshi
Hey all- I'm writing an application that creates accounts in CRM 3.0 automatically using the web service. So far, so good. The problem I'm having is programmatically assigning accounts to the contacts. If my accounts are already created in CRM, I should just be able to grab their guid and assign it to the contact using contact.parentcustomerid, right? Well, if that's the case, what should the code look like? How do I assign values to the type of Customer? If that's not right, can someone point me in the right direction? I got this sample code from one forum but it doe...

Trendline erases chart name
When I add a trendline, the chart name gets changed to "Chart Title." The name can be seen in the Chart Objects drop box, if I scroll down enough. When I add the tendline, I'm leaving the Chart Title box marked as automatic, but it still replaces the name to Chart Title. (The name on my charts just comes from the data field that is above numerical data when I create the chart.) I have a lot of charts to go through, >100, so any help in retaining the name without having to retype it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I cannot think how this can happen. Email me the fi...

Web link to contact
Hi, I'm creating a web application to manage some information. It's a trusted application and has access to all desktop properties, etc. Is there a method of creating links which will open contacts in Outlook? So if the web application link "Thomas Quinn" is pressed, Outlook will open to the contact Thomas Quinn? Thanks in advance! Outlook version?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20 "Anvah Gareson" <aspi...

Difference between "My Contacts" and "Other" Contacts
My office just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. I've noticed in Outlook, in Contacts, that some Contacts that I have access to are listd under "My Contacts" but others are listed under the "Other" section of Contacts. Why is that? Other Contacts folders that are not configured in your folder list. By definition they are not owned by you. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Tony Law" <anonymous@discussions...

Error converting leads to contacts
HI We are running CRM V1.2. It is a fresh installation and currently has no contact data. We can successfully create a lead; and we can successfully create a contact. However when we attempt to convert the lead to a contact an error dialog pops up. It says "An Error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator" Looking at the IIS logs I can see the following lines; GET /SFA/Leads/Dialogs/conv_lead.aspx - 302 GET /_common/error/errorhandler.aspx errNum=Not%20Applicable 200 Would anybody be able to shed some light? Thanks What's the error in the windows event l...

Contact listing
I have my contacts listed by Last Name. But I find that if I enter a Nickname in the Nickname area that name becomes listed alphabetically by his Nickname. Is there a way to change that? I deleted the nickname from that area and placed in somewhere else. Control Shift C Rt Click on the column header - you can add, remove, change columns Click on a column header to sort Note: Multiple fields are available(First Name, Last Name, Name, Nickname) - the First Name and Last Name fields only display the content entered in that contact's respective field. - the Name f...

insert contact info in email message?
Is there some way to insert a contacts information into an email body? So if I want to give someones contact info to a client or friend while composing I can do that quickly. It seems as if I used to be able to do this in Outlook express. Does outlook do this too? I don't know of an easy and quick method, but a wordaround is to open the contact and use the File->Save As to save the data, then open it in an editor, copy, and paste into your e-mail. You could use the "Insert -> Item" menu and pick the contact but then it gets put into the e-mail as a .msg file attachment ...

Contacts
I would like to add a field called "Relationship" to the other contact details (Full Name, Address, Phone numbers, etc.) in my Contacts in Outlook XP, can this be done? What I have done so far is gone into the Contact and into the All Fields tab, where I clicked on New and added a text field called "Relationship". But I would like this field to appear on the General tab if possible? Is it? Kol. ----------- Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. - Ralph Waldo Emerson Hello, I've just noticed that the field "Relationship" I just added only ...

Outlook is erasing my emails from my yahoo
Hello, and I do have one question. I started outlook on my computer, I have no problems with outlook itself. But when I am away from my home computer and when I access my yahoo account there are no email there. Later went home and all my emails are on outlook. How do I get my email to stay on yahoo and outlook. And is there a ways to get those email from out look back on my yahoo.com V/r Ray Donegan Jr. "rdoneganjr" <rdoneganjr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95EE9059-E736-4D81-9D17-B80522C4BDFE@microsoft.com... > Hello, and I do have ...

how do i move outlook 2000 folders, contacts, etc to 2007 outlook
We have an old PC with Outlook 2000. I have saved many emails to my personal folders. We just got a new laptop and will be getting Outlook 2007. I need to transfer all my personal folders and my contacts and my calendar entries to the new Outlook and don't know how to do it properly. See http://slipstick.me/move -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about...

Opening a Form Erases Data from Table
Good Day!! I have a very wierd problem here. i have a form that is bound to a table with some bound textboxes, and some non-bound text boxes, etc... nothing out of the ordinary. but when i open the form, the bound boxes are blank, and it erases the data in those fields in that table! it only erases the bound data... what i am doing - fairly simple operation... i have a form that has a listbox of records supplied by the same table (i was thinking that might be the problem...). the user selects the item they want, and the clicks a button. then, using the unique key selected, it opens th...

Add sender to Contacts
Is there a way to get Outlook 2002 to "add a sender to Contacts"? not automatically without an addin. http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Wilfred" <wpla@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D_ednbW04qQnZ5jeRVn-sA@comcast.com... > Is th...

ERASED DOCUMENT
How can I recall a document I just typed that I erased in error? Look for it in the Recycle Bin. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Evonne" <Evonne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1BDB5C1-3745-4F6C-890E-2154E788D52D@microsoft.com... > How can I recall a document I just typed that I erased in error? Erased? Did you actually save the document? If not there is nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word...

Contacts #23
I have a user on Outlook XP and in her contacts she has about 15 sub categories, such as attornies, friends, co-workers, etc. When she clicks on the global address book and under the field "show names for" which usually defaults to the GAL, and scrolls to the bottom to find her contacts the only contacts listed is her main one. None of the sub contact groups are listed. On my Outlook both my sub contact groups are listed plus my default contact list. Any ideas? Thanks. Anthony Sounds like she's using categories to organize all her contacts in one folder, and you'...

local and global contacts
I have created public folder "contacts". However, most of the users are still saving contacts only in their exchange address book. That way, the rest of the users cannot access the ones saved locally unless give permission. I would like to know is there any way in exchange 2003 when user saves the contact - to be automatically saved locally and in public folder so everybody can see it? Or maybe when you save contact to choose some option (e.g. global) and everybody's address book gets updated automatically with created contact? Not natively. You're into a behavioura...

importing contacts #3
I am trying to import my contacts to the safe senders list in Outlook 2003. I 'export to a file' the contacts folder but when I try to import it to the safe senders list it will only accept '.txt' files, which is not an option when creating a backup in the export utility. Any thoughts? Why not try an rename the .csv to txt? >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import my contacts to the safe senders >list in Outlook 2003. I 'export to a file' the contacts >folder but when I try to import it to the safe senders >list it will only accept &...

Journal
H I'm fairly new to Outlook and very new to the Journal. I have a couple of questions 1 - having just set up the journal can I get it to look at my diary/emails for the last couple of months and recreate the journal entries for those items 2 - when I create a new contact, how do I get the journal to automatically record any future items Thanks in advance for your help 1. No. 2. Go into the properties for Journal and enable the tracking of activities for the new contact. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (inse...

Erase Client area
Hi Everybody, In my application, i want to erase the particular rectangle area in the client area. I tried using "InvalidateRect()" function. But finally i got the result as erasing of whole screen. Please give some suggestions regarding that. Actually when we call InvalidateRect function, it invokes the OnPaint() method. In OnPaint() method how can we get the rect region that specified in InvalidateRect() ? Regards, Prakash. >In OnPaint() method how can we get the rect region that >specified in InvalidateRect() ? GetUpdateRect Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/...

'Over-synchronising' CRM contacts to Outlook
I am the Administrator for around 130 users of CRM. Many of our users deal with the same contacts in CRM (eg; 1 contact record can have multiple contacts within our department). To show this in CRM, we have created a customized entity (linked to a contact) which allows multiple "owners/contacts" of a record. We have also modified the System View of My Contacts to show contact records which have a Business Contact of the current user. (eg; if you assign yourself via the customized entity which is linked to the contact, the contact details are listed on the My Contacts view)....