Envelope Icons Not Changing

Hi,

This may sound really silly to a lot of you but I know what I'm talking
about and it's mind boggling to say the least.  I installed Outlook 2003
recently (well Office 2003 as well) and this is on my home computer.
Whenever I reply to an email or forward one the envelope icons do not
change. They remain the white either indicating they have been read or not.
Does anyone know why or what I have to do to correct this or has anyone come
across this before (I totally doubt it). I use Office 2003 at work and
obviously it works there but it doesn't at home. Even my Outlook Express
shows either replies or forwards (indicated by purple or blue arrows)
respectively. I have both a webmail account set up as well as my Hotmail.
Could it be that it just doesn't do it for Hotmail accounts but for regular
POP3 accounts it would do the icon changing? I'm lost here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Bobby

0
Bobby (41)

Wow nobody knows how to help me out on this one huh...it's a shame...

"Bobby Mir" <bobby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> This may sound really silly to a lot of you but I know what I'm talking
> about and it's mind boggling to say the least.  I installed Outlook 2003
> recently (well Office 2003 as well) and this is on my home computer.
> Whenever I reply to an email or forward one the envelope icons do not
> change. They remain the white either indicating they have been read or
not.
> Does anyone know why or what I have to do to correct this or has anyone
come
> across this before (I totally doubt it). I use Office 2003 at work and
> obviously it works there but it doesn't at home. Even my Outlook Express
> shows either replies or forwards (indicated by purple or blue arrows)
> respectively. I have both a webmail account set up as well as my Hotmail.
> Could it be that it just doesn't do it for Hotmail accounts but for
regular
> POP3 accounts it would do the icon changing? I'm lost here.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Regards,
> Bobby

0
bobby8681 (18)

Change in File size
Hi, One workbook has 4 sheets size of file is approxiamtly 1 MB after erasing 3 sheets and saving the size of file with one sheet (tables-1 left) is 744 KB only I then copy that sheet (tables-1) to another workbook that has other sheets the size of the whole workbook was only 490 KB. Is there a reason for this? Actually this happens a lot with me. When I copy on sheet from one open workbook to another open workbook the size of the file copyed to goes up to 3 times larger in size. Can any one help ? On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 20:34:04 +0300, "Khalil Handal" <khhandal@stthom.edu>...

In Excel, how can a range of Pos #'s be changed to negative num
I dulicate a large series of cells that are all positive. Is there a shortcut to change them to all negaive? Hi, Type -1 in a cell, copy that and then select the range, which has the positive numbers which you want to convert to negative. Right click on the range, select paste special, and choose action as 'Muliply'. Regards Govind. Stuart Millner wrote: > I dulicate a large series of cells that are all positive. Is there a > shortcut to change them to all negaive? Perfect, thanks a million, what an easy solution.... "Govind" wrote: > Hi, > > ...

IMPLEMENT_SERIAL (Changing the Base Class)
This might be a stupid question, or it could be incredibly insightful... ...but hope it's not the latter. I have a class that is probably about 3 levels away from the CObject class. Like this: CObject->ClassA->ClassSerialMe Currently I serialize this object with the usual: IMPLEMENT_SERIAL(ClassSerialMe, ClassA, VERSIONABLE_SCHEMA | 1 ) What would I need to do to change the base class of ClassA to: CObject->ClassB->ClassSerialMe And use the Serialize functionailty to a differnt version: IMPLEMENT_SERIAL(ClassSerialMe, ClassB, VERSIONABLE_SCHEMA | 2 ) I...

Does anyone print envelopes on a separate printer and how ?
How do I print a flyer on say, a coor laser printer and a corresponding envelope using a different b/w printer with mail merge ? If your flyer and envelope are two separate publications, you can setup the same data file to merge both publications. You needn't use the same printer for both. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pyroplotter" <pyroplotter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:769235C2-000C-4429-9159-2C6EA3F2E482@microsoft.com... > How do I print a flyer on say, a coor las...

Envelopes
Just purchased Publisher Deluxe...I only see 2 size options for envelopes (3-5/8 x 6-1/2 & #10 Legal). I need 4-3/8 x 5-3/4 at least...surely there are other options. Am I missing something? Thanks! After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jeanne <Buzireland@aol>... > Just purchased Publisher Deluxe...I only see 2 size > options for envelopes (3-5/8 x 6-1/2 & #10 Legal). I > need 4-3/8 x 5-3/4 at least...surely there are other > options. I believe Publisher takes its envelope sizes from the printer driver - updating that m...

Q: how to change a dialog's colors?
Hi, I need to change the following two colors. Could someone kindly show me how? I appreciate that. 1. the background color of a dialog (usualy gray) 2. the title bar's color of a dialog (usually blue) Tony "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:407D7DD7.7030708@srac.com... > Hi, > > I need to change the following two colors. Could someone kindly show me > how? I appreciate that. > 1. the background color of a dialog (usualy gray) WM_CTLCOLORDLG. > 2. the title bar's color of a dialog (usually blue) WM_NCPAINT, maybe ...

How to change 'Address List Name' Property from a MailEnabled Public Folder?
I want to change the 'Address List Name' Property of my MailEnabled Public Folder from 'Same as folder name' to 'Use this name', but i found no Property or Method. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/maintain/ex2kwsh.mspx With the attached Script i can modify SMTP Adress and Alias, but not the Address List Name Entry for the Addressbook. Who can help? ' ------------ Dim strURLOpen Dim strURLItem Dim objMailRecipient Dim objConnection Dim objRecord Dim objFolder Const adModeReadWrite = 3 Const adOpenIfExists = &H2000000 Const adCreateC...

changing default folder for attachments
I am used to seeing the "my documents' folder when I'm preparing to attach a file -- new computer points to my "word" file. How do I change it? See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:07ce01c3bf3b$1dcdad20$a001280a@phx.gbl, JK wrote: > I am used to seeing the "my documents' folder when I'm > preparing to attac...

32bit icons in List and TreeCtrl
Hi all, is it possible to show 32bit icons in a list and tree ctrl for Win2k? In WinXP it is possible to set the flag for 32bit for the imagelist. I have a application build with bcglibrary and there the icons are 32 bit icons. The customer loves this 32bit icons but cannot upgrade to winXp. 24bit icons will be also ok, but there are not so many on the market. If I convert a 32bit icon to 24bit icon this will not be very nice. Any suggestions? Regards, Matthias ...

Cancel sheet change event
Is it possible to cancel the sheet change event if the sheet is a chart sheet? Hi, Can to elaborate? A chart sheet does not have a Change event. Do you mean the SeriesChange event? Cheers Andy NSK wrote: > Is it possible to cancel the sheet change event if the sheet is a chart sheet? ...

Changed relationship; records no longer linked
I have a Corporates table holding details of company customers. I have a CorpContacts table holding details of our contact persons at those companies. Originally I had a relationship (one to many) between Corporates.CorpName and CorpContacts.CorpName. I had a Corporates form which contained a CorpContacts subform displaying the contact persons' details. All working fine. But if we updated the name of the company i.e. Corporates.CorpName, the link was lost and the contact persons were no longer displayed. So I introduced new fields in each table ("CorpID"), i.e. some...

How to Enable merge and center icon on the formating toolbar?
In the formating toolbar Merge and Center Icon is in disable condition. So that i could not merge the required cells which i want. Could u please help me in this issue to enabling that icon in the formating toolbar. Jyothi, Unprotect the worksheet, and that button will become available. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Jyothi" <Jyothi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A348F3C1-8D49-495C-BCEE-9C0DAF6BF6AA@microsoft.com... > In the formating toolbar Merge and Center Icon is in disable condition. So > that i could not merge the required cells which i want. >...

Cell Change
Is there any way to determine if a cell has changed? I can not figure out how to create a base that would not move also. I have some real time quotes which change all the time, and I want to determine when the high price has changed and use conditional formating to highlight the fact that a new high was reached. thanks One option might be to use the Tools>Track Changes feature |:>) "Mike" wrote: > Is there any way to determine if a cell has changed? I can not figure out how > to create a base that would not move also. I have some real time quotes which > chan...

Excel 2003: File->Close without saving changes (save menu does no.
In Excel 2003, I would like the save menu to pop up "do you want to save changes that you made to 'Filename.xls'?" when I click on File, then Close. Sometimes I am doing a calc in the file itself, which is not meant to be saved. In prior versions of Excel, using File->Close does not automatically save changes. Does anyone know how to make the menu pop up, or turn off the autosave function? Thanks! Hello- Excel 2003 does not have an AutoSave feature (there is AutoRecovery, but that is a totally unrelated feature). AFAIK there is no difference in '03 & ...

Specify envelope sizes
I need to know how to specify an exact envelope size. In Publisher 2000 one would select, File Page setup Envelopes Select from the list or input the size of choice. -- Don Vancouver, USA "k9nika" <k9nika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:462C7ED1-DE8B-433E-B549-78F30C4E3033@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to specify an exact envelope size. Winthin Pub 2007: Getting Started task pane - Envelopes - On the right side, choose your envelope size Within Pub 2010: File tab - New - Envelopes - scroll down to blank sizes ...

Change UserID
I have to change my user id for my bank login. However, the only option I see in MS Money is to change my password. I don't see a way to change my banking login. Whats the best way of doing this w/o losing all my data? From the help docs: Click Banking, and then click Account List. Click the name of an account that's set up to receive online account updates. In the left pane under Other tasks, click Change account settings. Under Online Services, click Change bank or brokerage passwords. Type your updated password or sign-in ID exactly as you did when you changed the passwo...

my own logo on my envelopes?
I have my own logo and I want to put this on my return envelopes. Can you tell me how to do this? I have tried everything I know but what I have done is really a copy and paste but can't get it to print on an envelope. I'm not real savey on computers so if possible in plain lanague please. I have 2000 Word on my computer, I also have 2003 on another computer. Thanks A tutorial here http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6042196.html help here http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Freckles&quo...

icon changes with change of extension

change linked sheet name
Hi, I have Access programs that are linked to Excel spreadsheets. Due to circumstances beyond my control the sheet names have been changed and I will have to use the new names in my programs. I have tried to go into Link Manager but it does not let me change the sheet name only the file name. Does anyone know an easy way to change the Sheet name in a linked Excel spreadsheet without messing up the connections in queries etc. Thank you in advance for your help -- Nancy When you go to the linked table manager, click the button down at the bottom that say "a...

why are my envelopes ruined?
When I use a 25% cotton fiber envelopes, the printer bends the corner of the envelope and leaves ink at the edge before printing the return address. How do I stop that from happening? Hi cara rose (cara rose@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || When I use a 25% cotton fiber envelopes, the printer bends the || corner of the envelope and leaves ink at the edge before printing || the return address. How do I stop that from happening? I would recommend contacting your printer manufacturer or check out their website for frequently asked questions. -- Brian Kvalheim Mi...

Excel changes macros when saving as pdf
Last week I had no problem saving my financial macros enable spreadsheet as a pdf. Now, forget it! It won't let me do anything...print, copy, cut, past, save as pdf, NOTHING without several of the worksheets changing the numbers to text tht says "VALUES" across the whole line. When Adobe opens the file, it says that my macros is unenabled when it is, and it lst's the "fixes" you're supposed to do in order to get it to work...which I've done over and over again. The security settings are correct and I've been over it countless times. I ...

Changing Behavior when deleting a message
When deleting a message in Outlook 2002 inbox window, is it possible for the next message selected be the next message in the inbox window? Currently, it defaults back to the first message in the inbox window. Thanks for any help provided in advance. Sincerly Nathan Bloom >When deleting a message in Outlook 2002 inbox window, is >it possible for the next message selected be the next >message in the inbox window? Click "Tools>Options>Preferences" and click "E-mail options". Make sure the "After moving or deleting and open item:" drop-down s...

when new E-mail comes, the yellow envelope sign disappears.
Hi,all. When new E-mail comes, in the tray , there will be a small yellow envelope sign to remind you that there is a new mail. One day, I put cursor on that envelope sign, press mouse right,and select 'hide', the envelope sign disappears. Even new mails come, it wouldn't appear. I want you to help me to get this function again. Thanks, feng. Tools-> Options-> tab Preferences-> button E-mail Options…-> button Advanced E-mail Options…-> option Show an envelope in the notification area -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

How to sort CListCtrl without changing the per-item data?
Hi, I'm using visual c++ 6. I want to sort the CListCtrl. But I don't want to use SetItemData because I want to use the per-item data in another place. Can I sort the CListCtrl without changing the per-item data? Thanks in advanced. You could use a virtual list control and then just sort your external data (any way you want actually). Tom "bucher" <bucher@xxxx.com> wrote in message news:eQ3r7AUkHHA.4676@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'm using visual c++ 6. I want to sort the CListCtrl. But I don't want to > use SetItemData because I ...

Envelopes will not print from computer files as envelopes !
Hi, I just stared to have this problem yesterday and have spent all yesterday and this morning going through all the on screen troubleshooting for this problem! When I pull up my existing envelopes, (all 12 of them) they print out like a letter head instead as a envelope!! When I pull down the print preview, it shows the envelope as a letter head form on a standard 8.5 x 11 sheet! Tried everything that was suggested, but nothing works! Please help me!! Thank you; -- Artus4u What version Publisher? What size are your envelopes? Are you using mail merge? If you are using mail merge y...