Enter Password pop up box

I have a client using Outlook 98 on a Win 2000 system.

I have migrated their websites and emails to a new
server. Tech support at my host used a migration script
which moved everything incuding email accounts and
passwords. All went well except for 3 (out of 10) email
accounts that won't access the email.

They keep getting a pop up box:

Internet E-mail - Accountname Email
Please enter your user name and password for the
following server.
Logon
Server: mail.domainname.com
User name: username
Password: xxxxxxxx

          Remember password

             OK      CANCEL

The passwords have not changed. The box continually pops
up and they can't access their email.

I don't use Outlook and have no idea what the problem is.
It works fine from Eudora.

Thanks

0
anonymous (74718)

Hi Debbie,
maybe this could solve your Problem,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290684
--
Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch!
Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat.

0
Bravestar (248)

data sort box too big-can it be formatted
Excel 2007? Sort Dialog box can be reduced to about 3 inch by 6 inch at smallest. Use sizing arrows to bring down to that size. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:27:01 -0700, Clee <Clee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: can it be formatted to stay the smaller size? I keep having to reduce it and it is annoying "Gord Dibben" wrote: > Excel 2007? > > Sort Dialog box can be reduced to about 3 inch by 6 inch at smallest. > > Use sizing arrows to bring down to that size. > > > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP > > On Tue, 2 Jun ...

AfxMessageBox returns immediately without displaying the box
Hi, This is a pseudo code from InitInstance() of my dialog based app: if (cmdInfo.m_strAppName.IsEmpty()) { AfxMessageBox(IDS_SYNTAX, MB_OK | MB_ICONSTOP); // <= works fine! return FALSE; } try { /* ... */ CMyDlg dlg; m_pMainWnd = &dlg; INT_PTR nResponse = dlg.DoModal(); if (nResponse == IDOK) { /* ... */ // might throw CMyException } else if (nResponse == IDCANCEL) { // TODO: Place code here to handle when the dialog is // dismissed with Cancel } } catch (CMyException& e) { //...

search box
when I type any information in to the search box, a message comes back saying can not find this info?? That's on every thing I type in. "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04AB51B0-9AC7-4632-AB73-B9D315284594@microsoft.com... > when I type any information in to the search box, a message comes back > saying > can not find this info?? That's on every thing I type in. Which "search box" are you using, and what type of information are you seeking? -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.ge...

how to get all mails in box x that I have replied to
As the subject says, I would like to get ahold of all mails in a selected box that I have replied to. how does one do that kind of cross box checking? In news:1122886037.540223.144100@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, pantagruel <bry@itnisk.com> typed: > As the subject says, I would like to get ahold of all mails in a > selected box that I have replied to. how does one do that kind of > cross box checking? Not sure what you mean by box - can you elaborate. Also, when you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlook - you can find th...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Constant prompt for user name and password
I just switched from Outlook Express to Outlook when I got Office XP. The only problem that I am having is that I keep getting prompted for my user name and password every 3 minutes. I am using a LAN connection. I want to stay online constantly and not have to provide my password every time I want to send/receive email. Any suggestions? ...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

J Walks
Good evening all, I have created charts using JW's 'Chart From Combo Box' in chapter 15 from his Excel 2000 functions CD. This has worked great, being able to choose the required chart from the drop-down list, which I have adapted. However, the 'chart titles' do not change to the appropriate value when I choose the suitable chart, but remain the same throughout my choices, eg every chart title is called 'March', when in fact I am looking at a chart produced for February. I have tried naming the title in Options/Chart Title, but still all charts remain with the sa...

Shorter password
Hello experts, I'm setting up online services in my MS Money 2004 for a financial institute. That institute requires to have 6 digit password ..nothing more nothing less. MS Money requires to have atleast 8 digit/character password... I'm in limbo as to how to get around this limitation... Can someone come across this? if how you managed to get around it.. Is there way in Money to work around limitation... My financial institue would not allow me to have more than 6 digit password for next couple of years... I can't leave this institute as I work for them.. -Mak Are you sure t...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

I keep getting dialog box is open error in Word 2003.
Everytime I go into MS Word I get an error that says my dialog box is open. I have to click ok then I can go in. How can I get rid of this error? Disable the Office Plug-in option in Norton Antivirus (or other AV that you may be using). -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Tracey F" <Tracey F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01911FF2-10AB-43A6-9BBB-4E630A886D38@microsoft.com... > Everytime I go into MS Word I get an error that says my dialog box is > open. > I have to click ok then I can go in. How can I get rid of this error? ...

Has your password stop working and can't login into MS Money?
"the sign in name you just entered is not associated with this file. Please correct sign in or open another file" This is the error message I get - I have unchecked the .net passport features - and I still can not access my money file? Anyone have a solution or reason why this just start happening to several people TODAY?? Please advise..or post here if you are having problems to let Microsoft know. Thanks.... Chris I have the same problem, It happenned to me 1 hour ago. I tried to enter my money file with the Passport Sign-In and it show me an error message, then i used ...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Resizing row height to dynamically fit height of text box
Is there a way to link the height of a text box to the height of a row so that as you type text into the text box and the text box's height increases, the row height will also increase? I know That by setting the "Move and size with cells" option you can make the TEXT BOX height increase as the ROW height increases, but I'm looking to do the opposite (i.e. make the ROW height increase as the TEXT BOX height increases). Not too complicate things too much, but I was also hoping to do this within a protected sheet. "Jon" wrote: > Is there a way to link the...

Keep find box open while in spreadsheet
Hi... I was wondering how I can keep my find box open while I am entering and editing data in my spreadsheet. It is very frustrating to have to continually select the find option, type in what I want to find, close the window, do any changes or calcs, and then reopen to find the next. I am using Excel 2000. HELP!!!!! "Frantic Excel-er" <Frantic Excel-er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DE2687C-BCDF-414A-979F-DE76F058B183@microsoft.com... > Hi... > I was wondering how I can keep my find box open while I am entering and > editing data in my spre...

Email account invalid password?
I've just set up a mail account in Outlook 2003 (pop3) and the test account button works fine, however after a while whenever outlook auto sends and recieves it pops up the user/pass box for that account and keeps doing so after i've entered the correct user and pass. However if i go back to test account settings in the account setup options, that works fine and send and recieve works again for a while. and ideas whats wrong? cheers, -ciaron ...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

How do I stop dates from being entered everytime I enter a number
Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 . I have tried putting in general in formatting cells and it still does it. can someone help before I shoot this pc out the window? I am making a population pyramid with males and females and their ages. Thanks, Kicking and Screaming You can precede your entry with a single quote... '5-9 ....or format your cells as 'Text'. Hope this helps! In article <64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com>, Kicking and Screaming <Kicking and...

Basing One Combo Box on Another
I have 2 combo boxes. Categories: A B C D ALL Jobs 1 2 3 I figured out how to make only the jobs associated with a specific category come up. Now I need to add to show all the jobs when I select category D. All JObs. I see how each job is connected to each category thru its own category code, but if I add another category code for "All Jobs" I will have to add that to the existing codes that are all ready pulling the correct jobs. Basically, If I select category D - I want to see all the jobs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Yula One approach to this would ...

message box without ok or cancel button
I need a customized message box without any response option, without OK or CANCEL or any other response button. Simply showing my macro is in process and do not disturb. Can anyone help me Can't see how you could do this with MsgBox, although you could of course create your own custom form. You would still need some way of closing it, and the X button at top-right would (normally) still be there. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Subash" <Subash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9A2BDD-1FBB-4530-A345-39B27A...

entering time #2
hello all.. wondering if there is any way to do this... I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00 when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a colon, then the minutes. Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it show up as 12:45 ?? thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable... glen in orlando Enter your times without colons in column A and put this formula in column B =(A1-RIGHT(A1,2))/2400+RIGHT(A1,2)/(24*60) and format column B for "Time" in the form you want it. Tod "Glen i...

Entering data
Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be locked. In article <15a201c43e09$dbea4e10$3501280a@phx.gbl>, "Alicia Contreras" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be > locked. Hi Alicia, try: Tools > Protect > Unprotect Hope this helps! ...

Dial up Connection Box opens when starting Outlook
A problem has recently occured when I open Outlook. The Dial up Connection Box opens in the Inbox and it takes ages to see the first email in the preview pane. It can be plain text or any type of email. I have also changed my settings . If I change the settings to "Never dial a connection", the Dial up box does not appear and it still takes ages to see the first email in the preview pane. What is very worrying, is that if I have made a telephone connection already, the telephone status shows it talking to something somewhere. I am up to date with Norton antivirirus updates and ...