enter network password in Outlook 2003

Using Outlook 2003. I have my email set up to
SEND/RECEIVE every 5 mins but i keep getting the ENTER
NETWORK PASSWORD / USER NAME dialog box up and its
driving me mad.

All my setting look ok so I cant see why this is
happening.

I use btinternet/yahoo as my isp. Have spoken to BT
broadband net help who advise me that they DONT support
Outlook.

PLEASE HELP me to sort this out

Do you have more than one account configured with the same server? Does it
work when you enter your password or does it continue to prompt?

Also see;
For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the parts that refer to
Outlook Express):
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=264672

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format

-----
"Joe" <DaveyDavey39@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Using Outlook 2003. I have my email set up to
> SEND/RECEIVE every 5 mins but i keep getting the ENTER
> NETWORK PASSWORD / USER NAME dialog box up and its
> driving me mad.
>
> All my setting look ok so I cant see why this is
> happening.
>
> I use btinternet/yahoo as my isp. Have spoken to BT
> broadband net help who advise me that they DONT support
> Outlook.
>
> PLEASE HELP me to sort this out

0
Roady
4/18/2004 11:50:52 AM
YES i have 3 email addresses configured with the same
server AND after i check my user name/password it works
ok UNTIL i get the same prompt on the same email address
or one of my other accounts.

0
anonymous (74717)
4/18/2004 12:15:35 PM
Configure only one account to check for new mail with the POP3 server.
Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Setup-> button Send/Receive...-> button Edit...

--

"Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> YES i have 3 email addresses configured with the same
> server AND after i check my user name/password it works
> ok UNTIL i get the same prompt on the same email address
> or one of my other accounts.

0
Roady
4/18/2004 3:52:47 PM
I have disabled 2 of my accounts and tried it will only
the main account and its just the same.

Do you think if I uninstall and re-install outlook 2003
this will maybe fix it?

Joe

>Configure only one account to check for new mail with
the POP3 server.
>Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Setup-> button
Send/Receive...-> button Edit...

>--
>Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net
>Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News
>Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more...
>
>Tips of the month:
>-Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format
>-Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
>-----
>"Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> YES i have 3 email addresses configured with the same
>> server AND after i check my user name/password it works
>> ok UNTIL i get the same prompt on the same email
address
>> or one of my other accounts.

0
anonymous (74717)
4/18/2004 5:13:29 PM
It probably won't as these are settings and not programfiles issues.
Make sure you've done it correctly;
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=284404

--

> I have disabled 2 of my accounts and tried it will only
> the main account and its just the same.
>
> Do you think if I uninstall and re-install outlook 2003
> this will maybe fix it?
>
> Joe

0
Roady

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Outlook won't run, inbox repair won't run
I've had prior questions and suggestions but no solutions so will try and recap everything here. Outlook won't open saying there are problems with the pst file and suggests I run scanpst.exe. I try and run that, and it won't, saying the pst file is in use. Outlook is closed; task manager shows no tasks, no processes, nothing that can be identified as having anything to do with outlook; nothing. There is nothing running that syncs to outlook - no mobile, no fax, not even a printer. Rebooting did nothing; last good configuration did nothing. Found the pst file, copi...

Outlook Rules & Baffling Spam
Using OL 2003 with Spam Filter set to "high,' but I doubt that's related... I use a "premium" (that's a joke) Yahoo! POP account w/OL. They actually have a pretty decent spam filter of their own. Between that, and OL's built-in spam filter, I rarely, if ever, end-up with one in my inbox out of about 200 received and identified each day. The bummer is that Yahoo! forces me to download them all, but they include a tag, X-YahooFilteredBulk: (ip address) in the header. So, I simply set-up a rule in OL to check messages when they arrive, looking for X-YahooFi...

outlook 2000 error
Yesterday I used my my outlook Today, everytime I try to open it, it gives me an error message and says it has to close. I have rebooted, turned off and on, several times...tried to access outlook through "search and explore" ... same message when I look into the error details it tells me that I need to upgrade Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Outlook. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e...

Constant prompt for user name and password
I just switched from Outlook Express to Outlook when I got Office XP. The only problem that I am having is that I keep getting prompted for my user name and password every 3 minutes. I am using a LAN connection. I want to stay online constantly and not have to provide my password every time I want to send/receive email. Any suggestions? ...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

Outlook: I keep getting MS Word appearing interrupting work
Hi, Have installed outlook 2007 standard, all ok. Except, Outlook uses MS Word as it's email editor, which I like. But there appears on my system a MS Word 'frame' which seriously gets in the way of working. sometimes it appears behind outlook and blocks the background, sometimes it i selected instead of outlook and so I cannot select anything in outlook without re-focussing on outlook. It's highly annoying. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? I still want to use word as my email editor, but don't want the ghost frame that it creates...... Thanks. Hugh. Outl...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: I'm drawing a blank and need some help. I have a table with row 3 containing sheet names (currently pointing at 106 sheets). In rows 4-250 I want to put formulas that will look for something (located in Column B) in each of the sheets named in row 3. The first cell in the target sheet contains the last row with valid data. Example: Cell "D3" = P02-05 Cell "B5" = 123456789IBM In cell "D5" I want to generate a formula that will look in sheet P02-05, search for the contents of "B5" throughout the sheet and return the Value in colum...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Publisher 2003 #15
When I open a file in Publisher 2003 that was created in Pub 2000, I can view the pcx graphics but I cannot change them are add new ones. What's wrong? ...

Outlook closing
Hi, When I close outlook, it just sits on the little sign saying "outlook exiting". I then have to end the task to exit it. Thanks Try creating a new profile. I am assuming you are running Outlook 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;195718 "Matt Owen" <mowen@omniis.com> wrote in message news:97ae01c4972f$de422370$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > When I close outlook, it just sits on the little sign > saying "outlook exiting". I then have to end the task to > exit it. > > Thanks ...

templates on network drive
I'm not sure if this is a Windows question or Excel question, so I'm starting here. A client has Win XP/Office 2003. She would like to be able to use the File, New command to access Excel templates (.xlt files) that are saved on a network drive. She would like these templates to appear on their own own tab in the dialog box when clicking on "On my computer..." Any suggestions? Thanks! -- maryj "maryj" wrote: > I'm not sure if this is a Windows question or Excel question, so I'm starting > here. A client has Win XP/Office 2003. She would like t...

How do I delete attachments from received emails in Outlook 2007?
In Outlook 2003 you can click on an attachment in an email that you have received and delete or remove it. It doesn't seem that this is possible in Outlook 2007. It still works in 2007. Open message, right click on attachment. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How ...

Outlook Express export problem
I get an error: An error occurred while initializing MAPI. I have Outlook Express 6 on XP w/no Outlook on my Desk Top. I have a networked laptop w/Outlook that I am trying to export to. Thanks for your help. both outlook and express need to be installed on the same computer for export to work. Go to www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE/index.htm and get the instructions to connect your OE files on another computer and export from the laptop. It'll probably be easier than installing OL on the first machine. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Ou...

Office Outlook 2007
We have a new laptop, freshly formatted. We installed Win XP. Office 2003. We then upgraded to Office 2007. We then go to install the CRM OL Client and we get the message ...The installed version of the Microsoft Outlook client is not supportedy by the Microsoft CRM Client. We are using the CRM OL Client 2007 image that they made for Office compatibility. Grateful for any suggestions. You might want to verify that the version of CRM in your image is the V3C version. The correct version should be : 3.0.5300.1361. -- Arne Marquez Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "A...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Has your password stop working and can't login into MS Money?
"the sign in name you just entered is not associated with this file. Please correct sign in or open another file" This is the error message I get - I have unchecked the .net passport features - and I still can not access my money file? Anyone have a solution or reason why this just start happening to several people TODAY?? Please advise..or post here if you are having problems to let Microsoft know. Thanks.... Chris I have the same problem, It happenned to me 1 hour ago. I tried to enter my money file with the Passport Sign-In and it show me an error message, then i used ...

convert outlook trial to paid version
I purchased a key & disk for Microsoft Outlook since my key came with trial ware. I thought every 10 days it would ask me if I want to upgrade to paid version, but that is not happening. How do I intall the paid version without losing my data? You uninstall the trial, together with Activation Assistant, via Add/Remove. Reboot the PC and install the paid for version. Uninstallling a program has no impact on data, or in the case of Outlook, the Profile settings, but then you allways backup your data dont you? In About does it still show as Trial? "geneinnc@charter.net&qu...

I keep getting dialog box is open error in Word 2003.
Everytime I go into MS Word I get an error that says my dialog box is open. I have to click ok then I can go in. How can I get rid of this error? Disable the Office Plug-in option in Norton Antivirus (or other AV that you may be using). -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Tracey F" <Tracey F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01911FF2-10AB-43A6-9BBB-4E630A886D38@microsoft.com... > Everytime I go into MS Word I get an error that says my dialog box is > open. > I have to click ok then I can go in. How can I get rid of this error? ...

Outlook XP #10
Outlook on our new xp operating system, blocks all attachments. THIS IS NOT GOING TO WORK! as we use email to view photos for work!!! How do we make it open attachments? Do you really mean Outlook XP, as in Outlook 2002 from the Office XP suite? Or do you mean Outlook Express 6, which came installed (via Internet Explorer 6) with Windows XP? They're two completely different programs despite the unfortunately similar name. If you really mean Outlook, look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm If you meant Outlook Express, try this: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecu...

Outlook and exchange #3
Hi, I am running windows XP clients, with Office XP on a small network with SBS2K3. I am trying to attain a view in outlook where, when someone clicks on a date on the calendar they also get a view of their "Tasks" for that day and can quickly get a view of overdue tasks. I have tried this by customising the current view and it does not seem to work. I have tried the 'right mouse click on the tasks pane and choosing the option to change the taskpane view to todays tasks and then to overdue tasks' but this does not work!. I have tried setting filters in the options and this ...

Exchange Server 2003
How can I configure our server to host and receive/send mails from mulitple domains? all you have to do is make sure the public MX record for your domains point to the public address of your exchange server. then simply create a "recipient policy" for each domain you want to receive mail for. do this in exchange system manager "Lesley L." <Lesley L.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:935693C4-6199-4CBD-97EB-2812FE6CEA00@microsoft.com... > How can I configure our server to host and receive/send mails from > mulitple > domains? ...

Right click print in Outlook 98
We are using Outlook 98 and I am experiencing an issue. When I right click on some of the messages, especially messages with attachments, it automatically prints the e-mail instead of displaying the drop down menu. Some messages work fine, others print. Another issue with the same machine is when I select the Deleted Items folder, it automatically sends me to Public Folders and does not display the Deleted Items. The mouse is set correctly and I have re-installed Outlook with no success. I have experienced this issue in the past with a different user, but I can't remember how the probl...

syncrhonizing E-Mail Folders with Exchange Server 2003 ?
Dear Sir, I have just setup exchange server 2003 in my organization, for internal office E-Mails. One of our Main E-Mail box is being used by multiple users. How do I configure Exchange Server 2003 to replicate/synchronize all the folders of that Main Mail box with the Outlook 2003. for example: User A login and checked the Mail, he received a New Mail and at the same time, he replied to that E-Mail. Now User B login, and checked the Mail, he should receive that New Mail in his Inbox as well as the Reply to that E-Mail, given by the User A, this way, User A will not reply to that me...