I use Outlook 2007 to import the pst file of Outlook 2000. The Chinese
characters in the subject became unreadable but it's ok to display in
message body. In Outlook 2000, there's no problem to display the
Chinese characters in the subject. What's wrong with Outlook 2007?
What setttings should I change to fix the problem? Thanks.

0
u8526505 (2)

cyl <u8526505@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use Outlook 2007 to import the pst file of Outlook 2000. The Chinese
> characters in the subject became unreadable but it's ok to display in
> message body. In Outlook 2000, there's no problem to display the
> Chinese characters in the subject. What's wrong with Outlook 2007?
> What setttings should I change to fix the problem? Thanks.

Instead of importing, just open the OL 2000 PST with File>Open>Outlook Data
File.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/16/2007 3:48:46 PM
On 2=A4=EB16=A4=E9, =A4U=A4=C811=AE=C948=A4=C0, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1..=
..@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Instead of importing, just open the OL 2000 PST with File>Open>Outlook Da=
ta
> File.
> --
> Brian Tillman

I've done this too but the result is the same.

0
u8526505 (2)

Public Holiday Import Outlook 2000
Hi guys, does anyone know if there is a patch to download the public holidays for 2010 and beyond for a standalone Version of 2000? Many Thanks See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do y...

outlook 97 account to outlook 2002 account, how?
From office97 to office xp This seems a bit stupid, but how do I do this? The post office in on another xp machine, (\\gate\Epostoffice\) using outlook 97, this works fine. I have imported the .pst file and the address book, so why the hassle with the account details? Is there a way to export the outlook97 account details, as there seems fewer and totally different options in outlook 2002 V10? OL2002 didn't support MS Mail but you can add it. There's some info here about that: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/msmail_xp.htm "pete" <petefa@f2s.com> wrote in messa...

Date/Time Filter problem
I am trying to filter a report using the date/time filter Between [Start Date] and [End Date] and the blasted thing works fine for 12/1/2009 - 12/31/2009 but then when I try to pull the report for 1/1/2010 - 1/31/2010 I get the "This expression is typed incorrectly or it is too complex to be evaluated" error. This is in a query (I have copied it below) based on a table that is populated by an Append Query. I have imported the data from McLeod (a trucking database) into Excel and linked the Excel file. Any clues on what could be causing this? SELECT [Prof Rev...

background problems
I'm runnig Microsoft outlook 2003. When using the a microsoft background I am told by my e-mail receivers that the background is partially covering my text message. I am using the engineering background in the left margin. My viewing area is fine with this background. Plaese help ...

Cannot import organization
Hello, The import organization manager is unable to connect to SQL server or unable to find organization database. This is the error message I got. Any idea why ? The database exists on SQL. I uninstalled 3.0 and then installed Enterprise 4.0 trial with new organization. Thanks for any idea to help me. I believed you have to use the same organization name if you trying to install it against the existing database. If you want to use a different Org Name, you might have to following the redeployment steps in the implementation guide. I remember one of the step is to rename the database ...

Problems with connectors
Hi, I am trying to create an organisation chart. When I am trying to add more than one line to a box the line changes and joins onto one of the existing lines. There does not seem to be any sense to this, by the way I am running Visio 2002 Thanks Matthew ------=_NextPart_0001_06C5B057 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Connectors and shapes in Visio Org chart have been designed to connect only one shape to be associated with another shape. This is with the normal trend of associativity with (reporting to) one superior. For more associations, you can disa...

public -> private folder replication
is it possible to set up replication from a given public folder to specified users personal folders? You would probably need to replicate pulic folder data to a ost file as described in the following links http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;195435 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;182158 "MC" <MC@spammenot.com> wrote in message news:ee2Uu4sfEHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possible to set up replication from a given public folder to > specified > users personal folders? > > "MC" <MC@spa...

Hyperlink in outlook messages
When I recieve a message with a hyperlink, IE opens but it stays blank. Roxio also opens and asks me if I want to install it. I removed roxio and I am still getting the same message. I contacted my OEM and they could not help. Any suggestions? ...

E-mail encode
Hi, I found a strange e-mail, it is sent from our SQL2000 Report Serivce. This email is write in Chinese. When this email arrive my inbox, it shows in wrong code. When I forward it to someone, it shows in right code. Can anybody help me? Thanks! Tony ...

Voting Buttons Tracking Not Working (Outlook 2003)
I've seen some replies to this question/problem but for me it did not work when trying the Form Publish. Is there anything else I can do? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML/XSL VB Tester http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ab62461-e3bc-4e21-9b2c-13f77a74daff/xmlxsl-vb-tester.aspx Replies to what question/problem? Describe what you're seeing in detail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 <murray gree...

Outlook Web Access (OWA) #3
When special characters are used in subject line, get "Page Cannot Be Found" error. This was not the case in previous version of OWA. Does anyone know if Microsoft is aware/fixining this issue? Or if there is a patch or workaround? Ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange; not Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Tom Vaughn" <tvaughn@greyhawk.com> wrote in message news:1e34e01c4552d$1dc474c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... >...

Outlook 2003: problems sending mails
Hi to all, I have a "big" problem with outlook 2003. I use Outlook mostly offline; my idea is that the prepared messages lay in the outbox folder until I reconnect and I click on Send/Receive. My idea seems to be a good idea for me but not for outlook: the messages prepared offline lay in the outbox with a "none" sent date and they stay there even if I click on send/receive. There's no way to send them but re-typing... that it's a little unconfortable... Is there someone that has a solution for this thing that to me resembles to a bug? If there isn't a solu...

Exchange 2007 Primary SMTP account
I've been setting up an environment with exchange 2003 and exchange 2007 co-existing. I have most everything basic going. One thing that seems unique is the Primary SMTP addresses have all numbers (35832@example.com). Is there anything to make it so the primary SMTP account is the persons login account? -- Steve Schofield Windows Server MVP - IIS On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:50:12 -0500, "Steve Schofield" <steve@orcsweb.com> wrote: >I've been setting up an environment with exchange 2003 and exchange 2007 >co-existing. I have most everything basic going. On...

Transaction problem between DAO and ADO
Hi, Was using DAO all along and following code was working fine: wrkspc.Begintrans with rst ..MoveFirst Do Until .EOF ..AddNew !pkID = DMax("pkID", "Table") +1 ....other table fields ..Update ..MoveNext Loop End with User Confirmation... wrkspc.committrans User Cancellation wrkspc.rollback Have recently switched to ADO - not much experience with it either... Reworded the above code to make it suitable for ADO. Using connection object to begin/commit/rollback the transaction. Problem is that the code raises an error in ADO because the DMax fu...

Web Login Problem
I have just installed a copy of CRM. I have been shutting this down most evenings when I finish working with it. However, people are now using this so I am leaving it up over-night. The first time that I did this I found that the next day no-one could login. When they accessed the site http://sbs the status bar reported opening site and nothing happened for 10-15 mins, then an error was finally returned. I rebooted the server and everything was fine. I now find that this happens every night, so I re-installed CRM and attached the original database but this is still happening. Has...

Macro/security problems
Hi Im trying to help a user here with a problem in excel 2003. He is getting error messages when trying to open excel files telling him the security level is too high etc. I tried http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291206/EN-US on his computer but no dice. He is able to open the documents but data in them are missing...any ideas? Do you have access to xl97, xl2k, or xl2002? Maybe you could try opening the workbook in one of them to see if there really is any data there? You may want to try OpenOffice. If the file is corrupted, OpenOffice may be able to open it. http://www.openoffice.org, a 6...

how do i use outlook as my default?
i do not know how to make outlook work. I have it installed but, when I try to send an e-mail it always gives me a message that says error cannot find server or something of that sort...I use yahoo..but cannot use outlook..can anyone help? nina <nina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i do not know how to make outlook work. I have it installed but, when > I try to send an e-mail it always gives me a message that says error > cannot find server or something of that sort...I use yahoo..but > cannot use outlook..can anyone help? If you're using yahoo.com in the server...

Default public folder tree not visible (error c0072030) #2
We are using an test environment consisting of exchange 2003 servers only while setting permission on default public folder tree everyone group was denied read permission accidently After that public folder was not visible instead there were 2 black horizontal bars under administrative group >first administrative group > folders in place of the default public folder tree After refreshing the black bars disappeared ,Now under Public folder store > public folder instances> folder1 .when we try to access folder1 properties which was under the default public folder tree i ge...

Uninstalling Pub 2007
I don't know how it happened but I have finally gotten Publisher 97 to work on my Vista computer after playing with all possible Compatibility settings. (Except that Web Publishing Wizard still doesn't work but that is a separate issue.) The Compatibility tests always showed it not working, but starting the program normally it did work. ??? Anyway I like 97 much more than 2007. Is it possible to uninstall Pub 2007, and prove to Microsoft somehow that I am no longer using it, so I can sell it on Ebay or someplace? Or is this now illegal, immoral or fattening? Thanks. IkNsaXZlIFRvYmluI...

Outlook 2007 01-08-10
I have used outlook express to manage my email traffic. I recently installed outlook 2007 and need to import the email data into my outlook. Anyone help me do this? Don Shep;113113 Wrote: > I have used outlook express to manage my email traffic. I recently > installed > outlook 2007 and need to import the email data into my outlook. Anyone > help > me do this? If your data is in Outlook Express right now, configure Outlook so that it's working. Then, in Outlook, click File>Import and Export>Import Internet Mail and Addresses>Next. Select &qu...

outlook not refreshing
Hello, On some of my users, their outlook client will not show new email unless the user clicks on another folder group in outlook... for example, i have users with blackberry's... they recieve the email on the blackberry but when looking at their inbox there is nothing. If they click on contacts or calendar or anything other than inbox, the inbox will refresh and show a new message. If the user stays on the inbox veiw, the client WILL NOT show the new mail. Has anyone ever come across this before? any solution? Thanks in advance. pittspeed wrote: > Hello, > > On ...

problem speed to reach to CRM
hello, our thopology : 1 server : Xeon 3.2 2Go Ram Install on:2003 R2, SQL 2005 STD, CRM PRO 3.0 Problems : We used CRM without any problem, then day at the following day the interface of CRM becomes very very slow, we reach the data well but it is unusable at this speed. Question : Already lived this problem? What to make? What to test? Thank you Cordially This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C74868.5DE47380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are your users using IE7? If so try...

Can't drag new data to chart in 2007.
I have a series of charts that I update every 2 weeks with 2 more weeks of data. When using Excel 2003 I was able to drag and drop the added 2 columns of data to the chart and it automatically incorporated them. Since converting to 2007, I can't do this (or at least haven't figured out how). Instead of incorporating the data it simply moves the data itself to cells behind the chart. I should also mention that some time ago (while still in Excel 2003) the spreadsheet stopped enclosing/highlighting the charted data when I selected the chart (which, when it did this, all...

PW problem with 2003
I see lots of posts here about lost pws or pws that folks didn't even know existed. However, I haven't found a direct answer to my problem. My wife has been using Money 03 for some time. It appears (to me) that she created a .net account and used it to log in. While she primarily uses the offline product, some of the online stuff may have been used as well. Her pw was stored, but she also had it written down. Last weekend we had a small problem on her machine and her quicklaunch buttons were all deleted. When I recreated the button and she launched the program her login an...

Problems with attachments