Encoding problem #2

I am having a rather complicating problem here.  First, I had done the
procedure as described at Http://greggman.com/japan/xp-ime/xp-ime.htm,
except that I chose the display non-unicode items in Chinese instead of
Japanese.

It appeared to be working fine until I tried to send emails with Outlook
2003 (sp2).  In Outlook, I've already set the encoding options to use
Japanese (Shift-JIS).  And when I type words in Hiragana, it displayed
correctly even after I convert them into Kanji.  For example, I typed おはよう瘢雹 (ohayou), then press space to convert it into お早う瘢雹.  That's fine so far.
But after I pressed the "Send" button. The words will become unreadable,
they became neither Japanese nor Chinese.  However, if I typed all the words
in Hiragana without conversion, then the mail will be encoded correctly.
Obviously, somehow the conversion process changed the encoding of the
letters.

Does anyone has any idea how to fix this? Changing the "non-unicode" setting
in Langauage setting is not an option for me.

Thanks.

printing a directory #2
When I print the directory I made using merge, the document doesnt print in the order shown on the screen. I want the directory to print landscape and be folded booklet style, but the print order seems random. Help! -- slwsmith What version Publisher are you using? How are you setting up the data? If you are using Publisher 2003 or 07 use the catalog merge and designate one across. You can also create a new publication and manually edit the entries. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "slwsmith" <slwsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0423C3-...

2 seperate Amex accounts
My wife and I have 2 seperate Amex accounts. In Money 2003, it wants to link the both to the same online access for Amex. But they are two different accounts, with different user ID's and passwords. I know it must be a simple adjustment, any help is appreciated. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote: >My wife and I have 2 seperate Amex accounts. In Money 2003, it wants to >link the both to the same online access for Amex. But they are two >different accounts, with different user ID's and passwords. I know it must >be a simple adjustment, any help is appre...

Date/Time Filter problem
I am trying to filter a report using the date/time filter Between [Start Date] and [End Date] and the blasted thing works fine for 12/1/2009 - 12/31/2009 but then when I try to pull the report for 1/1/2010 - 1/31/2010 I get the "This expression is typed incorrectly or it is too complex to be evaluated" error. This is in a query (I have copied it below) based on a table that is populated by an Append Query. I have imported the data from McLeod (a trucking database) into Excel and linked the Excel file. Any clues on what could be causing this? SELECT [Prof Rev...

background problems
I'm runnig Microsoft outlook 2003. When using the a microsoft background I am told by my e-mail receivers that the background is partially covering my text message. I am using the engineering background in the left margin. My viewing area is fine with this background. Plaese help ...

Problems with connectors
Hi, I am trying to create an organisation chart. When I am trying to add more than one line to a box the line changes and joins onto one of the existing lines. There does not seem to be any sense to this, by the way I am running Visio 2002 Thanks Matthew ------=_NextPart_0001_06C5B057 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Connectors and shapes in Visio Org chart have been designed to connect only one shape to be associated with another shape. This is with the normal trend of associativity with (reporting to) one superior. For more associations, you can disa...

POS 2.0
How do you receive case of soda and sell in case lot, 12 pack, six pack and single? Does POS 2.0 have "parent items"? Yes there are parent items - create the child item & then go to the properties for this item - special tab - set parent item - set child quantity "frabs" wrote: > How do you receive case of soda and sell in case lot, 12 pack, six pack and > single? Does POS 2.0 have "parent items"? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0253_01C82AD1.E1E127E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Conte...

E-mail encode
Hi, I found a strange e-mail, it is sent from our SQL2000 Report Serivce. This email is write in Chinese. When this email arrive my inbox, it shows in wrong code. When I forward it to someone, it shows in right code. Can anybody help me? Thanks! Tony ...

printing envelopes #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I can't seem to properly print envelopes with word I had the same problem with openoffice. "macnovice@officeformac.com" wrote: > I can't seem to properly print envelopes with word I had the same problem with > openoffice. And exactly what is your problem? We aren't mind readers. Give us some details. -- Diane ...

Outlook 2003: problems sending mails
Hi to all, I have a "big" problem with outlook 2003. I use Outlook mostly offline; my idea is that the prepared messages lay in the outbox folder until I reconnect and I click on Send/Receive. My idea seems to be a good idea for me but not for outlook: the messages prepared offline lay in the outbox with a "none" sent date and they stay there even if I click on send/receive. There's no way to send them but re-typing... that it's a little unconfortable... Is there someone that has a solution for this thing that to me resembles to a bug? If there isn't a solu...

Transaction problem between DAO and ADO
Hi, Was using DAO all along and following code was working fine: wrkspc.Begintrans with rst ..MoveFirst Do Until .EOF ..AddNew !pkID = DMax("pkID", "Table") +1 ....other table fields ..Update ..MoveNext Loop End with User Confirmation... wrkspc.committrans User Cancellation wrkspc.rollback Have recently switched to ADO - not much experience with it either... Reworded the above code to make it suitable for ADO. Using connection object to begin/commit/rollback the transaction. Problem is that the code raises an error in ADO because the DMax fu...

Web Login Problem
I have just installed a copy of CRM. I have been shutting this down most evenings when I finish working with it. However, people are now using this so I am leaving it up over-night. The first time that I did this I found that the next day no-one could login. When they accessed the site http://sbs the status bar reported opening site and nothing happened for 10-15 mins, then an error was finally returned. I rebooted the server and everything was fine. I now find that this happens every night, so I re-installed CRM and attached the original database but this is still happening. Has...

Macro/security problems
Hi Im trying to help a user here with a problem in excel 2003. He is getting error messages when trying to open excel files telling him the security level is too high etc. I tried http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291206/EN-US on his computer but no dice. He is able to open the documents but data in them are missing...any ideas? Do you have access to xl97, xl2k, or xl2002? Maybe you could try opening the workbook in one of them to see if there really is any data there? You may want to try OpenOffice. If the file is corrupted, OpenOffice may be able to open it. http://www.openoffice.org, a 6...

Default public folder tree not visible (error c0072030) #2
We are using an test environment consisting of exchange 2003 servers only while setting permission on default public folder tree everyone group was denied read permission accidently After that public folder was not visible instead there were 2 black horizontal bars under administrative group >first administrative group > folders in place of the default public folder tree After refreshing the black bars disappeared ,Now under Public folder store > public folder instances> folder1 .when we try to access folder1 properties which was under the default public folder tree i ge...

Excel Comparing 2 cells in an IF statement
Hi and thank-you to all that go ahead and help me on this subject, The problem(s) im having are, 1. An IF statement problem, im tyring to compare two seperate cell against each other, i.e. is one a greater value than the other and i so display "3" or if equal display "1" and if less than display "0" an the formula i have so far works fine for that, but if i have that sam formula for a set of 2 other seperate cells that are blank, the sam formula makes that display "1" beacause their both blank, both th same, im needing to get the formula to display th...

problem speed to reach to CRM
hello, our thopology : 1 server : Xeon 3.2 2Go Ram Install on:2003 R2, SQL 2005 STD, CRM PRO 3.0 Problems : We used CRM without any problem, then day at the following day the interface of CRM becomes very very slow, we reach the data well but it is unusable at this speed. Question : Already lived this problem? What to make? What to test? Thank you Cordially This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C74868.5DE47380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are your users using IE7? If so try...

PW problem with 2003
I see lots of posts here about lost pws or pws that folks didn't even know existed. However, I haven't found a direct answer to my problem. My wife has been using Money 03 for some time. It appears (to me) that she created a .net account and used it to log in. While she primarily uses the offline product, some of the online stuff may have been used as well. Her pw was stored, but she also had it written down. Last weekend we had a small problem on her machine and her quicklaunch buttons were all deleted. When I recreated the button and she launched the program her login an...

Problems with attachments

sync offline folders problem
I've recently installed Intellisync for Yahoo and now my offline folders in Outlook no longer sync. Here's the error message: 7:53:05 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Stephen Rentz' 7:53:05 Synchronizing Hierarchy 7:53:06 Terminated in error 7:53:06 [80070057-501-0-733] 7:53:06 The client operation failed. 7:53:06 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 7:53:06 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 7:53:06 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_ us.asp?err=80070057-501-0-733 7:53:07 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 7:...

Query Problems
I have a table of ecards that is populated from a website and includes receiver, sender, and Team leader. The problem I am having is names can be entered into the table like this "Tom Thumb", but Team leader is a dropdown menu that is constant and lists name like this: "Tom S. Thumb". When I make a query to find all the members of Tom S. Thumb's team, I get everyone except Tom Thumb, who is member too. Tom Thumb has his own higher team leader, so I can't change that. How do I get Tom Thumb to be included when I enter "Tom S. Thumb" as Team Leader? ...

serialisation problem
Although I get on OK with the Serialise routines I have problems if file corruption happens. Basically the program refuses to load the serialised file and the user is very frustrated. Is there anyway of writing the serialised file in a format so it can be picked through manually to try and repair it. Or is there a way of using XML to serialise an MFC project. Any information will be much appreciated. Hope this makes sense. Phil >Although I get on OK with the Serialise routines I have problems if file >corruption happens. Phil, Why is the file getting corrupted? If it's not ...

Calculate due date 1 or 2 years ahead to the first of the followi.
Issue date is June 12,2004. Certificate is valid ( 24 months ) to July 01, 2006. How do I create this is XL? Hi =DATE(YEAR(A1)+2,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Wayne wrote: > Issue date is June 12,2004. Certificate is valid ( 24 months ) to > July 01, 2006. How do I create this is XL? I modified your's ... does this make sence..seem's to work =DATE(YEAR(B2)+2,MONTH(B2)+1,DAY(B2)-DAY(B2)+1) "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > =DATE(YEAR(A1)+2,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany >...

Outlook 2003 Group Policy and encoding settings
I am trying to deploy the following Outlook 2003 settings via group policy: Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled Encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled. But when I configure "Encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled", the setting "Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages" is ignored and on the client side is applied as Disabled, although I have set it to Enabled. When I configure "Encoding for outgoing messages - Not Configured", the setting "Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages" works as expected. Is this some kind of a ...

Problems with Signature #2
Hi, I'm hoping someone has an idea on how to fix this problem. My brothers have been messing with my pc. I really don't know what they did to my email but now all of a sudden the signature on my email is not coming up. All I see is an X in a square. It never happened before. I went to "options" to look at the signatures and made sure everything was correct. And everything is fine. You can see them in the signature preview with no problems. And I even checked that the format of the emails was still showing HTML like I always had it. So, I really don't know what coul...

Problem loading from a serialized CTypedPtrList
I can't seem to figure this one out... I have a class called CFolder that I'm using in an SDI application. CFolder contains TypedPtrLists to store CProgram objects as well as other CFolder objects. I'm double linking the lists, which is to say that each CFolder stored in a list also contains a member variable, pParentFolder, that points to the CFolder in which it is stored. The problem is this: I can save the file okay, but when I read the stored data from a file, and then close the application, I get a memory leak. Basically, I'm creating "extra" folders on seriali...

On and Off problem
First, this site is awesome. Cheers and congrats to the developers! Second, I got a excel problem (to me it is monster) I got a spreadsheet with Yes or No responses to an online Survey(1 questions). I need a way to give weight to each individual response so that I get total score for that survey response. The formula would be uniforml applied to all responses. That is it. Any help is greatly appreciated! HumbleA 1 2 3 4 5 6 ........ A y n y ............ B y n y ............ C n n y ............ D y y y ...