Embedded Pictures received from Others do not display in outlook.

I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express.  When e-mails are
received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook Express but
do not display at all in Outlook.

Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to allow
these pictures to be displayed?

PLEASE HELP!!!!
0
Jim8980 (510)

Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express.  When e-mails are
> received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook
> Express but do not display at all in Outlook.
>
> Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to
> allow these pictures to be displayed?

Outlook will always show attachments as attachments.  If your recipients
want you to see images within the message, they'll have to embed them.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/24/2008 5:48:02 PM
Hi Biran,

Thank You for your response.

I'm not sure I understand.  If a picture is viewable in Outlook Express on a
note that was forwarded from someone but not viewable in Outlook, is the
problem security setting related or is it related to the fact that Outlook
does not allow the viewing of these pictures?  The picture was not attached
but was "IN" the e-mail body.

I've never had an issue before and I'm beginning to think that Outlook is
not the direction I want to go with my e-mail program.

Jim

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express.  When e-mails are
> > received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook
> > Express but do not display at all in Outlook.
> >
> > Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to
> > allow these pictures to be displayed?
>
> Outlook will always show attachments as attachments.  If your recipients
> want you to see images within the message, they'll have to embed them.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Jim8980 (510)
4/24/2008 6:22:04 PM
Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand.  If a picture is viewable in Outlook
> Express on a note that was forwarded from someone but not viewable in
> Outlook, is the problem security setting related or is it related to
> the fact that Outlook does not allow the viewing of these pictures?

The latter.

> The picture was not attached but was "IN" the e-mail body.

No, it was attached.  Had it been embedded, you would have seen it in the
body.

> I've never had an issue before and I'm beginning to think that
> Outlook is not the direction I want to go with my e-mail program.

Outlook and Outlook Express are unrelated, despite the similarity in their
names.  The do not have the same behavior in many area.  If you do not need
calendaring, task management, the ability to store notes to yourself, or the
ability to send the same message to a number of people, one person at a
time, then Outlook Express may be all you need.  What was your reason for
switching in the first place?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/25/2008 11:45:35 AM
I switched because of an e-mail I recevied from MicroSoft advising me of a
change in Outlook Express that would cause issues with how Hot Mail accounts
were interacting with Outlook Express.  Also, I thought it would kind of cool
to begin using the calendaring functions within Outlook.  Do you know
anything about the below note from Microsoft and if there are other work
arounds available?  Live Mail is not available to me as my broad band
relationship is "MSN with Verizon".  I did not want to get caught with no
e-mail as of June 30th...

Once again - I really appreciate your responses.

Jim

I pasted some of the note below:

Dear Microsoft Outlook Express customer,

Thank you for using Microsoft® Outlook® Express. Our information indicates
that you use Outlook Express to access a Windows Live™ Hotmail® e-mail
account via a protocol called DAV (Distributed Authoring and Versioning
protocol). DAV, like POP3 or IMAP, is the way that a mail client communicates
with a web-based mail server.

As a valued customer, we want to provide advanced notice that as of June 30,
2008, Microsoft is disabling the DAV protocol and you will no longer be able
to access your Hotmail Inbox via Outlook Express. As an alternative, we
recommend that you download Windows Live Mail, a free desktop e-mail client
that has the familiarity of Outlook Express and much more. This next
generation of free e-mail software will allow you to easily manage multiple
e-mail accounts—including Windows Live Hotmail, plus other e-mail accounts
that support POP3/IMAP. Better yet, Windows Live Mail integrates well with
other Windows Live services, and downloads in minutes. After you provide your
user name and password, you will automatically be linked to your Hotmail
account, providing continued access to your email and contacts.

We encourage you to download Windows Live Mail at
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I understand.  If a picture is viewable in Outlook
> > Express on a note that was forwarded from someone but not viewable in
> > Outlook, is the problem security setting related or is it related to
> > the fact that Outlook does not allow the viewing of these pictures?
>
> The latter.
>
> > The picture was not attached but was "IN" the e-mail body.
>
> No, it was attached.  Had it been embedded, you would have seen it in the
> body.
>
> > I've never had an issue before and I'm beginning to think that
> > Outlook is not the direction I want to go with my e-mail program.
>
> Outlook and Outlook Express are unrelated, despite the similarity in their
> names.  The do not have the same behavior in many area.  If you do not need
> calendaring, task management, the ability to store notes to yourself, or the
> ability to send the same message to a number of people, one person at a
> time, then Outlook Express may be all you need.  What was your reason for
> switching in the first place?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Jim8980 (510)
4/25/2008 6:27:01 PM
Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I switched because of an e-mail I recevied from MicroSoft advising me
> of a change in Outlook Express that would cause issues with how Hot
> Mail accounts were interacting with Outlook Express.  Also, I thought
> it would kind of cool to begin using the calendaring functions within
> Outlook.  Do you know anything about the below note from Microsoft
> and if there are other work arounds available?  Live Mail is not
> available to me as my broad band relationship is "MSN with Verizon".
> I did not want to get caught with no e-mail as of June 30th...

If your MSN account an HTTP account or a POP account?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

I was successful in downloading and installing Windows Live Mail.  This
e-mail system is very similar to Outlook Express.  It appears to have
resolved all of my issues.  The only thing is that it can not provide
calendar functions like Outlook.  However, I think it is the best alternative
for me.

Thank You once again for your responses and assistance.

Jim

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I switched because of an e-mail I recevied from MicroSoft advising me
> > of a change in Outlook Express that would cause issues with how Hot
> > Mail accounts were interacting with Outlook Express.  Also, I thought
> > it would kind of cool to begin using the calendaring functions within
> > Outlook.  Do you know anything about the below note from Microsoft
> > and if there are other work arounds available?  Live Mail is not
> > available to me as my broad band relationship is "MSN with Verizon".
> > I did not want to get caught with no e-mail as of June 30th...
>
> If your MSN account an HTTP account or a POP account?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Jim8980 (510)
4/29/2008 4:15:00 PM
Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I was successful in downloading and installing Windows Live Mail.
> This e-mail system is very similar to Outlook Express.  It appears to
> have resolved all of my issues.  The only thing is that it can not
> provide calendar functions like Outlook.  However, I think it is the
> best alternative for me.

There are numerous calendaring tools that will run on XP.  Here's one:
http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/29/2008 6:24:15 PM
I am having a similar problem. I have two computers in my office - both use
Outlook as the email program. I use Office 2007 and the other uses Office
2003.  When email messages containing imbedded pictures or graphis are
forwarded to me from the other computer, the graphics will not display, or
alternatively pictures are blocked.

This also occurs frequently when receiving embedded graphic from outside
senders.

I want to upgrade my colleague's computer to Outlook 2007 but she insists
she will work somewhere else if I do. She does not want the same problem I
have.

Can you explain why Outlook 2007 filters some things out and what I can do
about it?

Thanks

"Jim" wrote:

> I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express.  When e-mails are
> received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook Express but
> do not display at all in Outlook.
>
> Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to allow
> these pictures to be displayed?
>
> PLEASE HELP!!!!
0
BigBeaver (1)

Wiping Outlook clean
I've decided that I don't want to use Outlook just yet but I've already imported email accounts and mail. My question is: How can I wipe my Outlook clean without uninstalling it OR is that the best option to make a fresh start. Thanks for your attention and any help or advice you can give me. David You can uninstall OL, or if you propose to use later, just dont open it. You can continue using yr prev. mail app, just ensure this is set as yr default email app in Internet Options. "David" <thebluecarrot@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OJkFpfutEHA.2528@TK2M...

Add Trusted Code DLL Outlook Security Settings
I'm trying to add a trusted code DLL to my outlook security form, but if I click on the add button nothing happens. So I'm not able to browse and add any files as trusted code. We're using Exchange / Outlook 2003 and I've registered the trusted code files on my admin PC as it's described. Other configuration changes to the programmatic or outlook security settings tab are working just fine. Can anyone help??? ...

Outlook 2003 with openldap (slpad-meta)
Hi, I try to install a meta directory : openldap with meta (slapd-meta). I can't use it with Oulook 2003. I properly modified the register ("DisableVLVBrowsing"=dword:00000001). Has anybody already met this problem and did find a solution? Thank you. Dominique ...

Custum Cell Format
I have an array formula which automatically summarizes all available values of a certain column, in ascending order. The summary is fixed to a maximum of 8 cells and in many cases it uses less than the available 8 columns. Is it possible to format the cells by showing a 0 when the result/cell is empty In other cells in the sheet the cells show empty instead of a zero by using the custom format of 0;-0;"" Now I want an empty cell to show 0 Thanks, W -- willemeulen Blink1 *Willem van der Meulen* BSc Soil & Water Eng (Netherlands) ----------------------------------------...

Extracting embedded photos
Not sure this is a conversion issue, but don't know where to post it. Before I learned the hard way, I embedded photos in a database, linked to another database for display. I've reached the database size limit and realize I should have linked the photos instead. (original photos not available) Any ideas on a process to run thru the embedded photos and convert them back to original jpg - the manual process is too massive an effort. Thanks See http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:18:01 -0700, bigitch <bigitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not ...

Repeats receiving previouslly received emails
How do I stop receiving previousl received emails? "MWC" <MWC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A303675B-2D98-4E4B-9FAE-087A829B2F5D@microsoft.com... > How do I stop receiving previousl received emails? See if this helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/duplicates.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

outlook sharing on home network
What is the best way, if possible, to share an Outlook Calendar on a home network? If possible, can I also set up delegates for email? Or will this only work on a LAN? Thanks! -- marx404 <Outsource Bush!> Delegates for email require Exchange server, which is really not suited for a home network, unless you are a true geek like me :) Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

embedded database
We are developing software applications for Insurance agents that will reside on their laptops and desktops. We are looking for recommendation on which client side embedded database to use in our application. I was wondering if anyone knows what Intuit uses in their product or what Microsoft uses for MS Money. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Paul Money uses MSISAM. Little is known about this--it apparently is a closed-up version of the Jet database used by MS Access. "P Gupta" <pkgupta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:qd7qc.318$eQ3.177@newss...

How to programmatically(c#) add new Send/Receive group in Outlook
Hi All I want to programmatically Add new Send/Receive group in Outlook and modify the setting for existing groups. Thanks in advance Better ask the developers down the hall in a relevant outlook.program_* newsgroup. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Stop method of Sync object is not workin" <StopmethodofSyncobjectisnotworkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Can't open internet links within Outlook 2000 E-mails
I have a user who cannot open internet links within his E- Mails. When he sends the E-Mails to me I can open them. ...

Send Receive has 125 tasks that error in Outlook 2002
Hello, We have Outlook 2002 SP1, DSL line going to a POP server. Connection set to send immediately and get email every 7 minutes. This problem started about a week ago, without any changes to the system, that we know of (solid user - doesn't tinker). This users send/receive status never seems to reach 100%. When I look closer it has 125 tasks that it is trying to complete. The user only gets email when they start Outlook. What are these tasks? How do I cancel them so the users can send and receive normally. I have Googled and seen others with this but haven't found a thread that ...

User reading others mail
Exchange 2003, full diagnostic logging turned on I need to determine if a user (with full administration rights to domain) is reading others mail. I found the Q274317, but if I understand it correctly, if 1016 is logged, there is no way to tell whether it is simply an attempt to access their calendar, or if it was an attempt to read mail. How can I find out when they are actually in the inbox reading mail? On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:49:30 -0800, MTJ <MTJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003, full diagnostic logging turned on > >I need to determine if a user (wit...

Exporting Outlook Contacts to csv file but does not work
I am trying to export my contacts to a csv file and I know how to do the steps. BUT each time I create a csv (even tried to export using Excel) the fields I choose (first, last name, email address) show up in the file but none of the contacts make it over. I had someone help me once and somehow she actually found a way to start the process by Mapping the fields with the contacts information and then the transfer completed the rest of the contacts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Have you selected the correct Contacts folder during the Export process? Which version of Outlo...

Publisher thinks I am trying to open a file I received, with a di.
Received a file via email. Cannot open the file with Publisher. It thinks I am using a different version. I am not. It was created with Publisher 2000 and I am using Publisher 2000. When I attempt to open the file I receive a message that "cannot open file with a different version of Publisher". Can anyone help me? Was the file zipped before it was sent? It should have been. Email attachments are frequently corrupted. The best way to prevent this is to zip them at the origin then unzip them at the destination. This puts a shell around them that can help prevent them fro...

Outlook express 6 #9
I have outlook express 6 at home and when I receive e-mail's with hypelink's in them.I can not open them . I can open hyperlinks when in internet explorer. Wonder if this is a Outlet express 6 issue or maybe I have a default tab or button clicked on that should'nt be. Please advise, Thank you , This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.ou...

Preventing outlook from receiving mail
Is there a way to configure outlook to only send mails, and not receive them: Is this as simple as not providing a POP3 return mail domain. ? What version of Outlook? In Outlook 2002 or 2003 you can set up a send/receive group that will only send automatically... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:zNyYb.3418$rb.59003@news.indigo.ie, Fish wrote: > Is there a way to configure outlook to only send mails, and not > receive them: > > Is...

Synchronize Outlook with CRM
Hello, This may be a stupid question, but I am wondering what Synchronize Outlook with CRM does? It obviously doesn't really synch up the database like it does when it goes offline. Can anyone shed some light for me? Thanks, Chris It starts a synchronization between Outlook contacts, appointments and tasks with CRM contacts, appointment activities and task activities "Chris Brown" <ChrisBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E006CCC0-18F8-48CA-B67B-55F88F05280F@microsoft.com... > Hello > > This may be a stupid question, but I am wondering...

Integrating Outlook 2003 w/ Outlook 2000
Okay, what do most people use as internal mail system (with Outlook as client) in a mixed environment with XP, NT, etc. and Office 2000 and Office 2003 both in play on their LAN? Is it Exchange Server? Are there 3rd party alternatives? the question is depends on what features do the clients expect i have seen/managed the following... * outlook 98 thru 2003 running against mDaemon (pop/imap/smtp) * outlook 98 thru 2003 running against Exchange 5.5 * outlook 98 thru 2003 running against Exchange 2000 * outlook 98 thru 2003 running against Exchange 2003 personal fav right now is outlook 200...

Outlook 2003 #46
In the navigation pane on the bottom you can put icons of Contacts, Calendar, etc., but these are private folders. Is there any way to put the icons to open Public folders? ...

Download pictures
Users have outlook 2007 and outlook 2003 50/50 with exchange 2003sp2. I would like to universally set all outlook clients to allow images in messages sent from our mail server and prompt for others. Is this doable or Is this a GPO question? regards -- CR ...

How do I install Outlook on my new computer?
I just bought a new computer because my old one is showing signs of going out. I had recently installed Outlook on the old one and now I'm trying to install on the new one but it says I have installed it on the maximum number of computers. I have only installed it on this one. Please help. I doubt this means anything but I am going from Vista to Windows 7. I appreciate any assistance. Thanks!!! Retail version can be installed legally on two machines at any one time and if for some reasons you have to re-install again on the same machine or even on another machine because you...

Outlook(XP) contacts to Outlook Express
Is it possible the copy the contacts from Outlook 2002 (XP) to Outlook Express? A friend has a new laptop with Outlook Express and would like to "move" his contacts from the desktop to the laptop. Thanks for your help. Frank FJB <FJB0623@aol.com> wrote: > Is it possible the copy the contacts from Outlook 2002 (XP) to Outlook > Express? Yes. In Outlook, create a Personal Address Book and add your Contacts to it. Then, in Outlook Express click File>Import>Other Address Book and choose "Microsoft Express Personal Address Book". You can also export ...

Outlook 2000: No preview pane in new personal folders file
I'm running Outlook 2000 SR-1 in a corporate setting with Exchange 5.5 and am having a problem with a newly created Personal Folders File (.pst). When I create this new pst file, regardless of whether I've checked the preview pane option (View>current view>messages with auto preview), no preview pane appears. There is, however, a preview pane for the Deleted items bin within my newly created pst. This is going to be a form of archive pst for me and I'd like to be able to view these messages quickly in the preview pane. Any suggestions? Thanks- Brian ...

How do I blend a picture?
I would like to wash out a photo but it is still square. How can I blend a photo in to the back round of a document? Use a photo editing program. "Stevei G." <Stevei G.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A169395D-9B7D-4C80-BE6E-7FE096B3CA24@microsoft.com... >I would like to wash out a photo but it is still square. How can I blend a > photo in to > the back round of a document? Draw a circle, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to your picture, use the wash out tool, no line. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer...

Doubt about sales for outlook
I have installed sales for outlook and i have createad new fields in the crm server and i have put them in the opportunities form, for example,but i don't see these changes when i choose opportunities from outlook, i have disconeected and connected again and the form hasn't got the new changes, what must i do? In the crm server these new fields work correctly. Hi Victor, Have you syncrhonised the SFO client by going offline yet? PeterC "Victor" wrote: > I have installed sales for outlook and i have createad new fields in > the crm server and i have put them in the ...