Embedded objects in Tasks #2

I just purchased a new computer with Oulook 2003 on it.
Previously I had been using Oulook 2000.  In the old
version I was able to cut and paste parts of spread
sheets from MS Excel into a Task window.  Then I could
double click on what I had pasted and it would allow me
to manipulate the date in that spread sheet as if i was
in Excel.  Now in Outlook 2003, I have tried to do the
same thing.  I am able to cut and past the spread sheet
in a Task, but when i try to open it, it will not let me
manipulate anything there.

Any clues or help?

Thanks,
Eric
0
ericag (1)

Extracting embedded photos
Not sure this is a conversion issue, but don't know where to post it. Before I learned the hard way, I embedded photos in a database, linked to another database for display. I've reached the database size limit and realize I should have linked the photos instead. (original photos not available) Any ideas on a process to run thru the embedded photos and convert them back to original jpg - the manual process is too massive an effort. Thanks See http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:18:01 -0700, bigitch <bigitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not ...

embedded database
We are developing software applications for Insurance agents that will reside on their laptops and desktops. We are looking for recommendation on which client side embedded database to use in our application. I was wondering if anyone knows what Intuit uses in their product or what Microsoft uses for MS Money. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Paul Money uses MSISAM. Little is known about this--it apparently is a closed-up version of the Jet database used by MS Access. "P Gupta" <pkgupta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:qd7qc.318$eQ3.177@newss...

report timeout in CRM 1.2 on virtual pc (notebook)
Hi, I prepared images of mscrm 1.2 for virtual pc. On two desktop machines with 1 gig of memory, everything works fine. On a -besides this very performant- notebook with same memory specs, I get timeouts in crystal report viewer (nothing is shown and after a long while, an error message shows in the "html page" where the report should be). I increased timeout value on the "microsoft crm" II server app virtual directory to ..1800 or more: No chance. Did anyone see this happen? Any hint to resolve this? It seems to me like the disk access spped, which is much slower than on...

Excel's Clipboard #2
How do I _permanently_ get rid of Excel's clipboard? It is always in the way... :) Thanks. ---- Tiziano You should be able to choose the options dropdown at the bottom and uncheck "automatically..." **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Tiziano" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message news:10lk8l5c6qus7c@corp.supernews.com... > How do I _permanently_ get rid of Excel's clipboard? > It is always in the way... :) > Thanks. > ---- > Tiziano > &...

Public folder replication problems #2
Hi! I have a public folder replication problem between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. The public folders are not replicated to the other mailserver. I've tried to set up the replication through ESM and pfMigrate, but it still doesn't work. I've read the KB842273 article that tells about how to troubleshoot public folder replication problems, and it looks like the replication messages are sendt from the server but not recived by the other server. There are many outgoing replication messages on both serverers, but no incoming. In the event log on both servers there are many 8207 events...

Exporting data #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C74E15.274520B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to export from a Money account into a format that Excel = can read? I have used Excel extensively but do not know what to do with = the qif extension that Money exports. It could be that I just don't know = how to import the data in Excel. Thanks --=20 Dan Johnson ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C74E15.274520B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-E...

ODBC connection #2
G.P. uses an ODBC connection to communicate with SQL, do some body know if exist a way to change the way G.P. do SQL connection's? We requiere to change this, cause security porpouses and we're working with high avalaibility environment. I'll apprecite your help. Juan Acosta juan.acosta@gcg.com.mx ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

embedded manifest
How can modify the embedded manifet for MFC Standard DLL and MFC Application to set: <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker|highestAvailable|requireAdministrator" uiAccess="true|false"/> Hi Don ...

2-4 stacked bar graphs, two variables each, Y's vary same chart
An example of what I want to do on one chart would be if I wanted to do bar graphs of male and female attendance for 5 months for two or more classes. The X axes are all the same, with the categories of 5 months eg jan-May) . There would be two bars (male and female attendance) for each month on all of the graphs . The Y's might be different for each class. I want them all on the same chart. (I have spend 5 frustrating hours trying to figure out how to do this! I already have my data in separate charts, but have the source data). I shall be so grateful if someone can help me do th...

Letterhead #2
Sorry about this you guys but I am completely new to publisher. I have created a leterhead, how do I save it so that I can write letters on it. Can it be done or do I have to cop and paste from word? Any help appreciated. Everyone has to start somewhere. You don't have to be sorry about anything here, we are always willing to help the polite. Have you created the letterhead in Publisher, and if so what version? If you have Publisher 2003 you can import the Word document usually with satisfactory results. -- Hi AndyB (andy.bowring@btinternet.com) in the newsgroups you posted: || S...

OE Removing Attachments #2
I keep getting emails with attachments where the attachment is not available. In the location where the file name of the attachment would normally be, OE puts a message reading "OE has removed the following unsafe attachment". Mostly this happens on emails sent to me from AOL subscribers where they appear to be trying to forward something. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is there something the AOL senders can do to make the attahcment available? Outlook has two lists that it uses to block certain kinds of attachments. The primary list can't be changed so if ...

hiding objects in gal
hi newsgroup, what i want to do, is to make some distribution groups in the GAL visible only for specific users and hide it for all other users. how can i do that ?? platform:exchange2k regards stephan ...

Changing default font #2
How does one change the default font in Publisher 2002? I want a certain font to always come up first when I do publications. That functionality is not available. You can however refer to http://www.mvps.org/publisher/addins.html -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Patches" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:280c01c3fc99$0914cda0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How does one change the default font in Publisher 2002? I > want a certain font to always come up f...

Office Publisher #2
I can't work individually with sections of a flyer to enlarge picture, change heading print size. I also can't get personal profile info onto this particular flyer. I got the logo to transfer over but not the rest of my personal business info. Any ideas??? Thanks. What version Publisher? You change your personal information, edit, Personal Information. When you want the information in your flyer, Insert, personal information. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Little Miss" <Little Miss@discussi...

Attachments in Outlook Express #2
When I try to view an attachment here is the message I get. "This file doesn't have a program assicated with it for performing this action (opening attachment) create an association in My Computer by clicking view and clicking folder option." What the heck does that mean and how do I do this so I can view attachments. I am using Outlook Express 5. The reason I haven't downloaded Explorer 6 is I get all of these window boxes open in teh taskbar with nothing in them. When you click on them it does nothing but flash and travels to the right of my screen like it is falli...

Autofill Regarding Field in Follow-up tasks
I am trying to create follow-up tasks from an appointment that I had and they do not automatically associate with the appointment. i.e. every new task I create is not regarding the appointment or anything else for that matter. I would like this to automatically be populated for each follow-up, but still have the option of changing it if I want to relate it to an opportunity or a campaign(campaign activity). Any advice would be great. Sample coding would be best. THANKS! I would like to know how to auto-fill the "sender" of phone calls to be the same as the owner of the task...

Why is it that the photos I insert are Embedded?
I used to be able to "Insert Picture From File" and actually see my photo. Now when I perform the same action I can resize my photo but but I cannot see it!? The Graphics Manager Task pane show all my inserts (photos & clip art alike) are embedded. I do not want them embedded. How can I stop them from being embedded?....I don't know why this is happening, it never used to...could some update have caused this? I use Publisher 3003. THANKS FOR ANY HELP IN THIS MATTER! Teresa K wrote: > I used to be able to "Insert Picture From File" and actually see my ...

modified receipts #2
i need all my customer receipts to show total # of items, item comments, no upc code, % of discount, customer name. i understand you can download them speratly but can i have all above info on every receipt. is that possible? Thanks jay ...

Can not login to crm after upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0
After some stuggling i got the install of crm 3.0 working. i needed to do quite some changes to the system to do the upgrade but at the end i got no error reports and the install went without any problems. but now it is running none of the previous users can login to crm, even me as administrator is unable to do so. when i try to go to the user management i get an error that i don't have enough permissions to open or that the site is unavailable. the last one isn't it since the site is up and when i browse i get an error stating that i do not have enough permissions to access it. Is t...

Can't View Applied Task Update Requests and Errors
While under the Applied Task Update Requests and Errors view in PWA I clicked on the hyperlink for a task name to show the history but instead I received the following message: "You do not have sufficient permissions to view the specified page. Please contact your administrator for permissions to view this page." I'm not the person who approved the task, but I am an admin in Project Server. So, why can't I see the history? Thanks Patrick Sinister -- Even though you are part of the Administrators group in PWA, are you members of other security Groups as ...

replacement disk #2
I have office 2000 and 18 site lisences the disk 1 is cracked and I need a copy or a replacement disk - I cannot run outlook because it wants the disk - I upgraded to windows xp. we cannot use the disk like we need to at here at school. Any ideas on where or who to contact? You may find the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article applies: How to Replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft Software or Hardware. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN ...

Automatic Replies #2
Is there a way to automatically send a reply out if I recieve and email which tells them I'm on holidays for the next week? Thanks! see http://www.microsoft.com/learning/books/troubleshooting/outlook/LS/022102.asp Laura wrote: > Is there a way to automatically send a reply out if I > recieve and email which tells them I'm on holidays for the > next week? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2007 will not open SharePoint 2007 task assignment messages
I am unable to open an Office SharePoint Server 2007 task assignment message in Outlook 2007. The preview pane shows completely blank (no headers or anything) and double clicking the message gives the error message "cannot open this item." The message opens up fine in Outlook 2003 and OWA. Thoughts? You cannot open a SharePoint Server 2007 notification message in Outlook 2007 when your mailbox is on an Exchange 2003 server http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=930807 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks...

Embedding a CRichEditView in a CDialogBar
Anyone ever done this successfully before. I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and VC2003. Program compiles and links okay, program exits when it fails to create the dialog bar. Regards, Josh I think you need to call AfxInitRichEdit/AfxInitRichEdit2. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Josh Washington" <joshwashington@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:c8ZVb.49861$Wa.16696@news-server.bigpond.net.au... | Anyone ever done this successfully before. | I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and | V...