Embedded images can only be saved as BMP in Outlook XP (BUT NO PROBLEMS IN IE)

Hello,

I have NO trouble saving GIF/JPG images in their proper format off web
pages in IE. I ONLY have trouble with embedded images in Outlook XP
emails.

I have cleared my cache as well as all unknown/damaged object files,
have increased my cache size to 3 GB, rebooted, but the problem
persists.

When I attempt to save embedded animated GIF images, only the BMP file
type can be selected, and typing a different extention in the filename
field does not override the file type that is saved (ie image is still
saved as BMP).

It is not a question of a particular e-mail being corrupt, as I have
this problem with embedded gif files in all e-mails in all folders
Inbox, Sent Items, etc.

ANY help on this matter would be much appreciated. But please, do not
say delete your TIF's as this has been done...

Thank you,

Ken

PS: If this post is better suited in the Images group, my apologies.

Outlook 2003 with openldap (slpad-meta)
Hi, I try to install a meta directory : openldap with meta (slapd-meta). I can't use it with Oulook 2003. I properly modified the register ("DisableVLVBrowsing"=dword:00000001). Has anybody already met this problem and did find a solution? Thank you. Dominique ...

Add Trusted Code DLL Outlook Security Settings
I'm trying to add a trusted code DLL to my outlook security form, but if I click on the add button nothing happens. So I'm not able to browse and add any files as trusted code. We're using Exchange / Outlook 2003 and I've registered the trusted code files on my admin PC as it's described. Other configuration changes to the programmatic or outlook security settings tab are working just fine. Can anyone help??? ...

Extracting embedded photos
Not sure this is a conversion issue, but don't know where to post it. Before I learned the hard way, I embedded photos in a database, linked to another database for display. I've reached the database size limit and realize I should have linked the photos instead. (original photos not available) Any ideas on a process to run thru the embedded photos and convert them back to original jpg - the manual process is too massive an effort. Thanks See http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:18:01 -0700, bigitch <bigitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not ...

Open Save & Close Macro
I have a workbook (Using Excel 2007 but file is saved in 2003 format) that a bunch of other workbooks are linked to. Since this file is also linked to other files, I need to make sure this one is up to date every morning. So right now I open it, save it and close it each day. What is the easiest way to automate this process? Is there a way to write the VBA and then save it in a form that can be executed from XP's "Scheduled Tasks?" Or, do I need to make a .bat file (and if so, what is the correct syntax). I know it only takes me a few minutes to do this manually (t...

How can I justify text my existing paragraph?
When I copy and paste a paragraph into an existing document that is already in justify text, the copied and pasted paragraph doesn't accept a justify text, it's still in left text. How do I correct this in order to change the paragraph into justiy text. I'm typing in Word with Windows 2007 version and I want the copied and pasted paragraph in justify text. Depending on the source, what you are pasting may not be a single paragraph, but a sequence of one-line paragraphs, each of which is followed by a paragraph mark (�). Display paragraph marks as well as other non...

Problem with images in forms
I have a problem with Microsoft Access 2010 and 2007: there is a possibility to insert a picture into OLE Object field into record in form. However, it does not work: whenever I insert an image into OLE field, it does not insert an image, but an icon of it, a Package. I want to have an image visible in record. But I always get an icon. I did not have this problem when I was working on Vista and earlier on XP, right now in all my computers I have this issue. I use Office 2010/2007 on Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. The problem occurs in both, 2007 and 2010 version, I tried it on di...

Notes disappeared from Outlook 2007
All but 2 of my notes (on the note tab - not in my contacts) have disappeared. I use XP, Outlook 2007. I do not sync with anything. I'm not sure how long they've been gone - I don't use them every day, but they are crucial. The only thing I've remembered doing lately is a backup of my .pst file (which was incomplete because of insufficient space) a couple of weeks ago. The notes are not in my deleted file folder, but I empty it every week or so. Where have they gone? Do you have AutoArchive enabled? Then they might be in your archive file. To determine the loca...

outlook live #4
Yes? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "support newsgroups" <v_2svum@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e24hV60IFHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > ...

Integrating Outlook 2003 w/ Outlook 2000
Okay, what do most people use as internal mail system (with Outlook as client) in a mixed environment with XP, NT, etc. and Office 2000 and Office 2003 both in play on their LAN? Is it Exchange Server? Are there 3rd party alternatives? the question is depends on what features do the clients expect i have seen/managed the following... * outlook 98 thru 2003 running against mDaemon (pop/imap/smtp) * outlook 98 thru 2003 running against Exchange 5.5 * outlook 98 thru 2003 running against Exchange 2000 * outlook 98 thru 2003 running against Exchange 2003 personal fav right now is outlook 200...

How do I set up a form that can be filled in?
I have a form that I need multiple users to be able to "fill in the blanks" without changing the layout of the form. I typed the form in Word. Everytime a user tries to put information in an area the form gets shifted. Use (border-less) table cells with fixed dimensions to prevent layout changes as text is entered into the form fields. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Coach" <Coach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C11BDD7F-7218-4907-B55A-99A483AA93E4@microsoft.com... >I have a form that I need multiple users to be able ...

Synchronize Outlook with CRM
Hello, This may be a stupid question, but I am wondering what Synchronize Outlook with CRM does? It obviously doesn't really synch up the database like it does when it goes offline. Can anyone shed some light for me? Thanks, Chris It starts a synchronization between Outlook contacts, appointments and tasks with CRM contacts, appointment activities and task activities "Chris Brown" <ChrisBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E006CCC0-18F8-48CA-B67B-55F88F05280F@microsoft.com... > Hello > > This may be a stupid question, but I am wondering...

Preventing outlook from receiving mail
Is there a way to configure outlook to only send mails, and not receive them: Is this as simple as not providing a POP3 return mail domain. ? What version of Outlook? In Outlook 2002 or 2003 you can set up a send/receive group that will only send automatically... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:zNyYb.3418$rb.59003@news.indigo.ie, Fish wrote: > Is there a way to configure outlook to only send mails, and not > receive them: > > Is...

How to programmatically(c#) add new Send/Receive group in Outlook
Hi All I want to programmatically Add new Send/Receive group in Outlook and modify the setting for existing groups. Thanks in advance Better ask the developers down the hall in a relevant outlook.program_* newsgroup. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Stop method of Sync object is not workin" <StopmethodofSyncobjectisnotworkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

save image
hai.. am using the following code for to save the image from webcam str="image.bmp"; BOOL c=true; c=capFileSaveDIB(hWndC,str); it gives the follwing error message pls any one help me how to solve that error 'type cast' : cannot convert from 'CString' to 'LPTSTR' Thanks in advance. Regards Mani. <mmvvnn@gmail.com> wrote in message news:33e9be70-c728-4f66-8b8c-a61ec486cae3@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > hai.. > > am using the following code for to save the image from webcam > > str="image.bmp"; > BOOL c=true; >...

embedded database
We are developing software applications for Insurance agents that will reside on their laptops and desktops. We are looking for recommendation on which client side embedded database to use in our application. I was wondering if anyone knows what Intuit uses in their product or what Microsoft uses for MS Money. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Paul Money uses MSISAM. Little is known about this--it apparently is a closed-up version of the Jet database used by MS Access. "P Gupta" <pkgupta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:qd7qc.318$eQ3.177@newss...

Can do if I make but not when made by the wizard.
I can do this if I make a new text box while in the design view or select and drag from the "add existing fields" list. I can't separate the label and text box when it was generated by the wizard. The are attached and dragging side and deleting effects both the label and text box. Click off both items onto another part of the report. Put your cursor on the top left corner of the label so that the cursor becomes a finger rather than a hand. Drag the label away from the text box. Click on it and delete it. Will that do it? What version of Access do you have? Evi "TK"...

How can I print email without the date on the header and footer?
Already disabled the text in header and footer of outlook and IE. Thanks You can't, not using outlook's printing capabilities. see if http://www.outlookprinter.com/ does what you need. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to ...

Can't see bills and deposits
I just loaded money 2004 deluxe and when I go to "Manage Scheduled Bills and Deposits", I can't see any bills or deposits. However, when I go to the calendar, I can see them listed on the calendar. Anyone seen this before? That's one I haven't seen yet. Try using the repair options under the File menu. Start with the Quick repair. Since you just loaded Money 04, you may also want to try converting your old file again. "Tommy" <thomas_taylor@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:03f201c37b2a$feee7870$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just loaded money 2004 ...

beginning zeros won't hold in field when saving as .CSV
When saving an Excel spreadsheet as a .CSV (comma delimited) file, beginning zeros dissapear. The only way I know to keep the zeros is to format the field as 'text.' However, .CSV files wipe out all formatting. Is there a way to KEEP the zero in the number '08' instead of '8' when saving as .CSV!? Please send suggestions. It would be appreciated. Thank you. Hi Heather, After you save your file as a csv, go into Windows Explorer and change the extension to .txt. Then when you open the file in Excel, use the comma delimited format feature, then select the co...

Can Excel do this?
I have exported +7000 Tracks and Artists from a program. I want to print a book which would read/look better if I could hide all after the first instance of the Artist. i.e.: Abba Dancing Queen Take A Chance on Me Waterloo Aerosmith Billy's Got a Gun Love in an Elevator Sweet Emotion etc. Could Excel hide any instance after the first of the Artist or delete it. (Obviously if deleted I would need to maintain the original file for sorting purposes) I would import the sorted Excel file(s) into a p...

Can I "lock down" Baselines in the 2010 release?
Is it possible to snapshot baselines and lock the field(s) down within any release of Project Server? Any field experts got a trick for this one? Thx in Adv! Out of the box note that Project Server can set security for Protected Baselines and Unprotected Baselines (0-5 and 6-9). That's what I see a lot of companies doing - where only the PMO has the authority to set the Protected Baselines, but the Unprotected Baselines are used by the PM for their own tracking purposes. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197622.aspx - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.cat...

Can not edit duplication rule
We are using CRM 4.0. I am trying to edit a current Duplication rule but the system will not allow it. When I attempt to make changes and save or when I try and unpublish the rule, the system says "The duplicate detection rule is currently being used and can not be updated or deleted". Thanks for the help! Hi, This message is prompted only when there are some System Jobs executing in the background. You can locate & check these System Jobs status reason in Settings->System Jobs. You can Cancel/Pause those Jobs & then perform the edit or Unpublish operation. ...

I can not sort hyperlink field in the query
Hello My query is like below, hyperlink field will not be sort in data sheet view.out put data is like below: Please help. thanks in advanced. Unit No Line Size Fluid Code Unit No Iso Pipe Sequence No Piping Class Insulation Code hyper 100 10 G 100 20014 G03P2 N 10-G10020014-G03P2-N_Sht_3.pdf 100 10 G 100 20014 G03P2 N 10-G10020014-G03P2-N_Sht_4.pdf 100 10 G 100 20014 G03P2 N 10-G10020014-G03P2-N_Sht_1.pdf 100 10 G 100 20014 G03P2 N 10-G10020014-G03P2-N_Sht_2.pdf my query: SELECT DISTINCTROW qryiso.[Unit No], qryiso.[Line Size], qryi...

Automatic Receipt of email when Outlook is opened
I am having to select Send/Receive to get email and I think there is a way for email to automatically come into Outlook from the server without that selection. This is a home computer running XP Pro on a Cable Modem. It is possible to set this up. Here is a link to an article that should walk you through the steps to make this happen, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;829168. I hope this helps resolve your issue. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications ------------------...

embedded manifest
How can modify the embedded manifet for MFC Standard DLL and MFC Application to set: <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker|highestAvailable|requireAdministrator" uiAccess="true|false"/> Hi Don ...