Emails not sending #2

Yesterday I posted a question, which I will restate below.

My email goes into the outbox and basically sits there.  There is no
acknowledgement that anything was sent and as a result, nothing shows up in
the sent folder.  I don't get an error message or even see a time out.  I
was having the same issue with Outlook Express and Thunderbird.  I talked
with Comcast and they suggested that I change the ports to 587 from 25.  I
did that and they worked.

Just to fill in a couple of more pieces.  Comcast is my ISP for access to
the internet and thus I use (smtp.comcast.net).  Incoming mail comes through
another isp, where my domain has been kept for many years.
(mail.vgernet.net).  I am getting mail in.

The furstrating part is that this was not a problem yesterday morning.  It
is also where I run my business.  I use Outlook as my database and
everything runs through it.

While waiting for responses, I have looked on this newsgroup for others with
the same problem.  Apparently this is not a new thing.  There were a couple
of options that I want to explore, but these go back three to five years.

1) scanpst.exe - I ran it and it found something to repair.  When I tried to
repair it, the system went into non-respond.

2) Enable logging of Internet Mail Sessions - It suggested going into the
Registry and doing  a little editing.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\......Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail.  The suggestion was
to put add a logging box and then type a value.  Two things--I had no Mail
in Options (easy enough to add, though); I have a 10.0, 11.0 and 12.0.
Given that this posting goes back to 2006 and the Solution to 2003, I am
guessing that if I am going to do anything, it would be in 12.0.  Am I
correct?

Please advise

0
ncrose (24)

Nate Rosenthal wrote:
> Yesterday I posted a question, which I will restate below.
>

> My email goes into the outbox and basically sits there.  There is no
> acknowledgement that anything was sent and as a result, nothing shows
> up in the sent folder.  I don't get an error message or even see a
> time out.  I was having the same issue with Outlook Express and
> Thunderbird.  I talked with Comcast and they suggested that I change
> the ports to 587 from 25.  I did that and they worked.
>
> Just to fill in a couple of more pieces.  Comcast is my ISP for
> access to the internet and thus I use (smtp.comcast.net).  Incoming
> mail comes through another isp, where my domain has been kept for
> many years. (mail.vgernet.net).  I am getting mail in.
>
> The furstrating part is that this was not a problem yesterday
> morning.  It is also where I run my business.  I use Outlook as my
> database and everything runs through it.
>

> While waiting for responses, I have looked on this newsgroup for
> others with the same problem.  Apparently this is not a new thing. There
> were a couple of options that I want to explore, but these go
> back three to five years.
> 1) scanpst.exe - I ran it and it found something to repair.  When I
> tried to repair it, the system went into non-respond.
>
> 2) Enable logging of Internet Mail Sessions - It suggested going into
> the Registry and doing  a little editing.
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\......Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail.  The
> suggestion was to put add a logging box and then type a value.  Two
> things--I had no Mail in Options (easy enough to add, though); I have
> a 10.0, 11.0 and 12.0. Given that this posting goes back to 2006 and
> the Solution to 2003, I am guessing that if I am going to do
> anything, it would be in 12.0.  Am I correct?
>
> Please advise

Not a solution I know, but...

Get a gmail account and use the gmail smtp server to send. If that works Ok,
then you at least can carry on working, and you will have established that
the problem is with your comcast smtp settings and not something system-wide
on your PC.

--
John Blessing

http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software
http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment
bookings http://www.lbetoolbox.com - De-Duplicates MS Outlook
http://www.repeatmail.com - schedule mass individual emails

0
nospam.lbe (55)
3/17/2008 10:54:10 PM
I'm pretty sure, it's something to do with comcast. The same thing is
happening on another computer on the network.  Are you saying set up a gmail
account with the same outlook and just using that for my outgoing email.

Will that work in terms of my outgoing email still having the return address
of my business.

"John Blessing" <nospam.lbe@REMOVE_THISgmail.com> wrote in message
> Nate Rosenthal wrote:
>> Yesterday I posted a question, which I will restate below.
>>

>> My email goes into the outbox and basically sits there.  There is no
>> acknowledgement that anything was sent and as a result, nothing shows
>> up in the sent folder.  I don't get an error message or even see a
>> time out.  I was having the same issue with Outlook Express and
>> Thunderbird.  I talked with Comcast and they suggested that I change
>> the ports to 587 from 25.  I did that and they worked.
>>
>> Just to fill in a couple of more pieces.  Comcast is my ISP for
>> access to the internet and thus I use (smtp.comcast.net).  Incoming
>> mail comes through another isp, where my domain has been kept for
>> many years. (mail.vgernet.net).  I am getting mail in.
>>
>> The furstrating part is that this was not a problem yesterday
>> morning.  It is also where I run my business.  I use Outlook as my
>> database and everything runs through it.
>>

>> While waiting for responses, I have looked on this newsgroup for
>> others with the same problem.  Apparently this is not a new thing. There
>> were a couple of options that I want to explore, but these go
>> back three to five years.
>> 1) scanpst.exe - I ran it and it found something to repair.  When I
>> tried to repair it, the system went into non-respond.
>>
>> 2) Enable logging of Internet Mail Sessions - It suggested going into
>> the Registry and doing  a little editing.
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\......Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail.  The
>> suggestion was to put add a logging box and then type a value.  Two
>> things--I had no Mail in Options (easy enough to add, though); I have
>> a 10.0, 11.0 and 12.0. Given that this posting goes back to 2006 and
>> the Solution to 2003, I am guessing that if I am going to do
>> anything, it would be in 12.0.  Am I correct?
>>
>> Please advise
>
> Not a solution I know, but...
>
> Get a gmail account and use the gmail smtp server to send. If that works
> Ok, then you at least can carry on working, and you will have established
> that the problem is with your comcast smtp settings and not something
> system-wide on your PC.
>
> --
> John Blessing
>
> http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software
> http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment
> bookings http://www.lbetoolbox.com - De-Duplicates MS Outlook
> http://www.repeatmail.com - schedule mass individual emails

0
ncrose (24)
3/18/2008 5:29:02 AM
Nate Rosenthal wrote:
> I'm pretty sure, it's something to do with comcast. The same thing is
> happening on another computer on the network.  Are you saying set up
> a gmail account with the same outlook and just using that for my
> outgoing email.
> Will that work in terms of my outgoing email still having the return
> address of my business.

Yes, you can set the return address as anything you like, but google will
set the "from" to "real google addresss on behalf of your specified return
address).   Get a gmail address and try it. If you need a gmail invite, let
me know.

John Blessing

0
nospam.lbe (55)
3/18/2008 9:20:59 AM
> If you need a gmail invite, let me know.

What's new: new acct doesn't need gmail invite anymore
What's the same: Gmail is still in Beta ;-)

0
John
3/18/2008 5:21:05 PM
Thanks
"John Blessing" <nospam.lbe@REMOVE_THISgmail.com> wrote in message
> Nate Rosenthal wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure, it's something to do with comcast. The same thing is
>> happening on another computer on the network.  Are you saying set up
>> a gmail account with the same outlook and just using that for my
>> outgoing email.
>> Will that work in terms of my outgoing email still having the return
>> address of my business.
>

> Yes, you can set the return address as anything you like, but google will
> set the "from" to "real google addresss on behalf of your specified return
> address).   Get a gmail address and try it. If you need a gmail invite,
> let me know.
>
> John Blessing

0
ncrose (24)
3/18/2008 10:31:11 PM
I have opened a gmail account.  Can you walk me through the setup.

Incoming (POP3) mail.ISP.net

Outgoing (SMTP smtp.?????.net/com

Under more settings/outgoing, should I check certain boxes?

Under more settings/advanced, should outgoing be 25 or 857 and should
anything be checked?

or

Should I set up a new outlook account

IMAP
HTTP
POP3

Thanks in advance

"John Blessing" <nospam.lbe@REMOVE_THISgmail.com> wrote in message
> Nate Rosenthal wrote:
>> Yesterday I posted a question, which I will restate below.
>>

>> My email goes into the outbox and basically sits there.  There is no
>> acknowledgement that anything was sent and as a result, nothing shows
>> up in the sent folder.  I don't get an error message or even see a
>> time out.  I was having the same issue with Outlook Express and
>> Thunderbird.  I talked with Comcast and they suggested that I change
>> the ports to 587 from 25.  I did that and they worked.
>>
>> Just to fill in a couple of more pieces.  Comcast is my ISP for
>> access to the internet and thus I use (smtp.comcast.net).  Incoming
>> mail comes through another isp, where my domain has been kept for
>> many years. (mail.vgernet.net).  I am getting mail in.
>>
>> The furstrating part is that this was not a problem yesterday
>> morning.  It is also where I run my business.  I use Outlook as my
>> database and everything runs through it.
>>

>> While waiting for responses, I have looked on this newsgroup for
>> others with the same problem.  Apparently this is not a new thing. There
>> were a couple of options that I want to explore, but these go
>> back three to five years.
>> 1) scanpst.exe - I ran it and it found something to repair.  When I
>> tried to repair it, the system went into non-respond.
>>
>> 2) Enable logging of Internet Mail Sessions - It suggested going into
>> the Registry and doing  a little editing.
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\......Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail.  The
>> suggestion was to put add a logging box and then type a value.  Two
>> things--I had no Mail in Options (easy enough to add, though); I have
>> a 10.0, 11.0 and 12.0. Given that this posting goes back to 2006 and
>> the Solution to 2003, I am guessing that if I am going to do
>> anything, it would be in 12.0.  Am I correct?
>>
>> Please advise
>
> Not a solution I know, but...
>
> Get a gmail account and use the gmail smtp server to send. If that works
> Ok, then you at least can carry on working, and you will have established
> that the problem is with your comcast smtp settings and not something
> system-wide on your PC.
>
> --
> John Blessing
>
> http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software
> http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment
> bookings http://www.lbetoolbox.com - De-Duplicates MS Outlook
> http://www.repeatmail.com - schedule mass individual emails

0
ncrose (24)
3/19/2008 3:16:03 PM
I checked at gmail and it appears that IMAP is the way to go.  My only
question would be reagrding the incoming and outgoing servers.  All my
existing email comes to my my original ISP (mail.vgernet.net).  Can I keep
that as the incoming ISP and use the SMTP as gmail or must I do something
else.

Here is my issue.  I really want to keep Outlook as my email program,
because it is so flexible--I'm a headhunter and it serves as my database.  I
could go to Thunderbird (it works), but I'd rather not.  Before I spend a
lot of time importing and exporting thousands of resumes, I want to see if
there is a way to get outlook back the way I like it.

Thanks for your help

"John Blessing" <nospam.lbe@REMOVE_THISgmail.com> wrote in message
> Nate Rosenthal wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure, it's something to do with comcast. The same thing is
>> happening on another computer on the network.  Are you saying set up
>> a gmail account with the same outlook and just using that for my
>> outgoing email.
>> Will that work in terms of my outgoing email still having the return
>> address of my business.
>

> Yes, you can set the return address as anything you like, but google will
> set the "from" to "real google addresss on behalf of your specified return
> address).   Get a gmail address and try it. If you need a gmail invite,
> let me know.
>
> John Blessing

0
ncrose (24)
3/19/2008 3:46:28 PM
Nate Rosenthal <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote:

> I checked at gmail and it appears that IMAP is the way to go.  My only
> question would be reagrding the incoming and outgoing servers.  All my
> existing email comes to my my original ISP (mail.vgernet.net).  Can I
> keep that as the incoming ISP and use the SMTP as gmail or must I do
> something else.

Why use gmail's IMAP if you don't intend to ever receive.  Change your
existing Comcast account to point to gmail's SMTP server.  Do not change
your email address.  Enable authentication of the outgoing server.  Select
the "Log on using" option and specify your gmail credentials.  The mail's
sender will be your Comcast address, but it will be sent via gmail's server.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
3/19/2008 6:00:02 PM
I'm not totally sure where you are coming from.

Here is my set up and has been for some time.

In outlook, I have my email account set up as a POP3 with my incoming mail
set up to come through an ISP that I have been working with for years.  The
POP3 server is mail.vgernet.net    It is working fine.  All my email is
coming into Outlook.  My outgoing server has been set up through Comcast
smtp.comcast.net   Until Sunday that was fine.  Now the emails sit in the
outbox.  Comcast won't help me.

Should I be leaving that part alone with comcast as the smtp or changing it
to gmail.  Then I assume you are saying on the outgoing server tab, I should
enable authentication and put in my gmail user name and password.  Nothing
in advanced??  I have gmail set up as a pop3, do I need to do anything on
the gmail side.

When you say that my sender is comcast, how will that be.  Are you referring
to my return email address.  That is my business email address, which is
tied in with the vgernet.

FWIW, that is a small ISP called Inter-Access (www.vgernet.net).  I have
used them for twenty plus years.

I hope I understand this correctly.

> Nate Rosenthal <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I checked at gmail and it appears that IMAP is the way to go.  My only
>> question would be reagrding the incoming and outgoing servers.  All my
>> existing email comes to my my original ISP (mail.vgernet.net).  Can I
>> keep that as the incoming ISP and use the SMTP as gmail or must I do
>> something else.
>
> Why use gmail's IMAP if you don't intend to ever receive.  Change your
> existing Comcast account to point to gmail's SMTP server.  Do not change
> your email address.  Enable authentication of the outgoing server.  Select
> the "Log on using" option and specify your gmail credentials.  The mail's
> sender will be your Comcast address, but it will be sent via gmail's
> server.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
ncrose (24)
3/19/2008 7:18:38 PM
Nate Rosenthal <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote:

> Here is my set up and has been for some time.
>
> In outlook, I have my email account set up as a POP3 with my incoming
> mail set up to come through an ISP that I have been working with for
> years.  The POP3 server is mail.vgernet.net    It is working fine. All my
> email is coming into Outlook.  My outgoing server has been set
> up through Comcast smtp.comcast.net   Until Sunday that was fine. Now the
> emails sit in the outbox.  Comcast won't help me.

I may have misread your prior postings.  I thought both your incoming and
outgoing were through Comast.  Nonetheless, the important part of what I
said still applies.  Create your gmail account and change the outgoing
server of your existing account to uise gmail's SMTP server.

> Should I be leaving that part alone with comcast as the smtp or
> changing it to gmail.

Leave the incoming alone.  Change the outgoing to gmail.

> Then I assume you are saying on the outgoing
> server tab, I should enable authentication and put in my gmail user
> name and password.  Nothing in advanced??

I'm assumed you'd read gmail's instructions.  Perhaps that assumption is
unwarranted.  Yes, enable authentication and yes, use your gmail
credentials.  Specify 465 for the port and check the box labeled "This
server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)".

> I have gmail set up as a
> pop3, do I need to do anything on the gmail side.

No, other than set it up for either POP or IMAP.

> When you say that my sender is comcast, how will that be.  Are you
> referring to my return email address.  That is my business email
> address, which is tied in with the vgernet.

As I said, it looks like I misinterpreted your earlier posts.  Don't change
anything about the sending address or the incoming server.  Your goal is
strictly to change the outgoing service from Comcast to gmail.

> FWIW, that is a small ISP called Inter-Access (www.vgernet.net).  I
> have used them for twenty plus years.

Don't they supply outgoing servers?

I wonder if some Trekkies started that network.  V'ger was the nemesis in
the 1979 movie "Start Trek: The Motion Picture".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
3/20/2008 11:53:27 AM
Thank you for the info. I wasn't that clear on what my set up was.  I had
looked at gmail's instructions briefly, but not in depth.  I will follow
this.  I really don't want to abandon Outlook.   It sounds as though it
should work, but then again....

> Nate Rosenthal <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Here is my set up and has been for some time.
>>
>> In outlook, I have my email account set up as a POP3 with my incoming
>> mail set up to come through an ISP that I have been working with for
>> years.  The POP3 server is mail.vgernet.net    It is working fine. All my
>> email is coming into Outlook.  My outgoing server has been set
>> up through Comcast smtp.comcast.net   Until Sunday that was fine. Now the
>> emails sit in the outbox.  Comcast won't help me.
>
> I may have misread your prior postings.  I thought both your incoming and
> outgoing were through Comast.  Nonetheless, the important part of what I
> said still applies.  Create your gmail account and change the outgoing
> server of your existing account to uise gmail's SMTP server.
>
>> Should I be leaving that part alone with comcast as the smtp or
>> changing it to gmail.
>
> Leave the incoming alone.  Change the outgoing to gmail.
>
>> Then I assume you are saying on the outgoing
>> server tab, I should enable authentication and put in my gmail user
>> name and password.  Nothing in advanced??
>
> I'm assumed you'd read gmail's instructions.  Perhaps that assumption is
> unwarranted.  Yes, enable authentication and yes, use your gmail
> credentials.  Specify 465 for the port and check the box labeled "This
> server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)".
>
>> I have gmail set up as a
>> pop3, do I need to do anything on the gmail side.
>
> No, other than set it up for either POP or IMAP.
>
>> When you say that my sender is comcast, how will that be.  Are you
>> referring to my return email address.  That is my business email
>> address, which is tied in with the vgernet.
>
> As I said, it looks like I misinterpreted your earlier posts.  Don't
> change anything about the sending address or the incoming server.  Your
> goal is strictly to change the outgoing service from Comcast to gmail.
>
>> FWIW, that is a small ISP called Inter-Access (www.vgernet.net).  I
>> have used them for twenty plus years.
>
> Don't they supply outgoing servers?
>
> I wonder if some Trekkies started that network.  V'ger was the nemesis in
> the 1979 movie "Start Trek: The Motion Picture".
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
ncrose (24)
3/20/2008 1:44:52 PM
Thanks I think it's going to work.

Once question though.  When I send out from outlook, a copy of the email
that I sent shows up in the sent folder of gamil.  Can I get these deleted
automatically or do I need to go in there from time to time and delete.
> Nate Rosenthal <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Here is my set up and has been for some time.
>>
>> In outlook, I have my email account set up as a POP3 with my incoming
>> mail set up to come through an ISP that I have been working with for
>> years.  The POP3 server is mail.vgernet.net    It is working fine. All my
>> email is coming into Outlook.  My outgoing server has been set
>> up through Comcast smtp.comcast.net   Until Sunday that was fine. Now the
>> emails sit in the outbox.  Comcast won't help me.
>
> I may have misread your prior postings.  I thought both your incoming and
> outgoing were through Comast.  Nonetheless, the important part of what I
> said still applies.  Create your gmail account and change the outgoing
> server of your existing account to uise gmail's SMTP server.
>
>> Should I be leaving that part alone with comcast as the smtp or
>> changing it to gmail.
>
> Leave the incoming alone.  Change the outgoing to gmail.
>
>> Then I assume you are saying on the outgoing
>> server tab, I should enable authentication and put in my gmail user
>> name and password.  Nothing in advanced??
>
> I'm assumed you'd read gmail's instructions.  Perhaps that assumption is
> unwarranted.  Yes, enable authentication and yes, use your gmail
> credentials.  Specify 465 for the port and check the box labeled "This
> server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)".
>
>> I have gmail set up as a
>> pop3, do I need to do anything on the gmail side.
>
> No, other than set it up for either POP or IMAP.
>
>> When you say that my sender is comcast, how will that be.  Are you
>> referring to my return email address.  That is my business email
>> address, which is tied in with the vgernet.
>
> As I said, it looks like I misinterpreted your earlier posts.  Don't
> change anything about the sending address or the incoming server.  Your
> goal is strictly to change the outgoing service from Comcast to gmail.
>
>> FWIW, that is a small ISP called Inter-Access (www.vgernet.net).  I
>> have used them for twenty plus years.
>
> Don't they supply outgoing servers?
>
> I wonder if some Trekkies started that network.  V'ger was the nemesis in
> the 1979 movie "Start Trek: The Motion Picture".
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
ncrose (24)
3/23/2008 4:01:34 PM
Nate Rosenthal <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks I think it's going to work.

Good.

> Once question though.  When I send out from outlook, a copy of the
> email that I sent shows up in the sent folder of gamil.  Can I get
> these deleted automatically or do I need to go in there from time to
> time and delete.

I believe that's a function of the "Save copies of messages" setting on
Tools>Options>E-mail Options.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Can Recieve email but cannot send out
For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet connection, and can receive emails. I have tried disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any suggestions? are you getting any kind of error back? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cc5901c43909$3916a210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any > suggestions? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

outlook email questionaire
I want to send an email to clients that has a questionaire on it with text answers. I want them to be able to answer the questions and then click a button at the bottom of the page that will send it directly to my email without them having to enter my address. How do I do this? Well, i's possible to do what you want (mail a form to someone that's editable on the receiving end and runs code to send mail when done) but is not easy. Check out www. outlookcode.com for some ideas on how to approach this. If you are not using an exchange server, I'd recommend using Form Regions...

Email
I have created a simple Access database that our HR department will use to input demographic information on a new employee, as well as what software, access, etc. a new employee will need. Again, it is VERY simple, but what I can't figure out is how to create a button that the HR staff can click on and the file, with all the information, is emailed to our IS department. Can this be done? You can setup a report to based on your current record and email it using SendObject or using Outlook automation. This does require a minimal amount of VBA programming in either case. If you sear...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

HELP: Lost all my old emails
Hello, First there was the power failure. Then there was Windows XP recovery program (that ran automatically). Now, my desktop is blown away and all my Outlook emails and contacts are gone. Could these files be lurking in some obscure directory? Don't say search for dbx files. My computer doesn't have any. I'm running Windows XP media edition. Regards and thanks. do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for your personal address book. If those arent there.. You might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where they are backed up.. for just this re...

Office 12.2.4 update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I downloaded the 12.2.4 update and attempted to install. I recieved an error message that I needed to turn off &quot;Miscorsoft sync services&quot; in order to finish the install. I can't figure out how to do that. I had to force quite the installer. What do I do? On 3/12/10 8:20 PM, dhannula@officeformac.com wrote: > I downloaded the 12.2.4 update and attempted to install. I recieved an > error message that I needed to turn off "Miscorsoft sync services" in > order to finish t...

message size limit #2
What is the default message size limit and where do I go to change it. I have a user that is trying to send an 11m file and can not due to the size limitation. I have tried to set the user to be able to send up to 20m but no luck. Thanks ...

email addresses in memory
An outlook 2003 user states that when sending out an email and when they type in a letter in the "to" area the email addresses that were in memory when you type a letter or name are gone. They said they didn't do anything different. The addresses are in the contact list but there is nothing in memory so you have to type the whole address in. Is this possible or can address in memory be deleted or removed? They are stored in the *.nk2 file located in Docs&Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (by default) You dont have to type the address in, just click the &...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Line Spacing #2
How do I vary line spacing within a Cel? Bernie Beal. Hi Bernie, Varying line spacing within a cell can be done by hitting the Alt key followed by the Enter key within the cell to force a wrap around of text in that cell. To add more free lines, just keep hitting Alt- Enter. Hope that helps. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Kim Hartnet www.excelwell-excel-templates.110mb.com "The best place on the net for free & inexpensive Excel templates, macros and spreadsheets" ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~...

Korean email
I can type and send Korean characters in emails but cannot receive them in Outlook 2003. Any help? ...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Instant search of emails (10,000) fails
Failure of instant search requires reboot befor resolving for search or two and again fails ...

How do I Full screen an Email???
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body Craig <cb3_3@hotmail.com> wrote: > I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in > a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like > I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in > Word or Excel & us...

email forwarding to my other email
I have two email accounts. One I use for work and the other for personal. For some reason, my personal email is being forwarded to my work email. I don't know why and how do I stop it....? Are these POP3 accounts? Has it ever worked? Are they separate accounts, or addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? Does your personal e-mail show in both places, or is it going to your work only? Any rules set up in WinMail, or on the server's Website? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "az otr" <az otr@disc...

Code #2
The following code works well, however how can I change this to run with a command button. Also is there any way I could delete some columns from the sheets as well. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim wb As Workbook 'copy all sheets Worksheets.Copy Set wb = ActiveWorkbook Application.DisplayAlerts = False 'delete the sheets you want wb.Sheets(Array("Suspense", "RCA exc RIM", "Operations summary", "RCA incl RIM", "First Qtr", "Second Qtr", "Third Qtr", "Fourth Qtr")).Delete Application.DisplayAlerts = Tr...

Emails not leaving outbox
Hi all - I am having what seems to be a common problem, but all of the suggested fixes I found did not work. I have set up SQLServer to use MAPI to email notifications. I have Outlook 2000 installed and configured and working. The SQLServer notifications part isworking too. The only thing I can't figure out is the emails never leave the outbox until I start Outlook and click Send/Receive. Then they are all sent fine. I read some articles mentioning MAPISP32, which appears to be the culprit. From what I see it's supposed to spool emails that are in the Outlook outbox. I found after I ...

Missing text in email
I recently installed Exchange 2003. From time to time when my users send email outside the company there messages are missing text upon arrival. The text missing could be two sentences at the end of a paragraph and the next one starts okay, or it could be a very words missing here and that. Any ideas of this Michelle P. Michelle: I know you have probably thought about this already, but do you have any type of content inspection system installed on your Exchange server? Or anything installed that stamps a message disclaimer on the message. Is the message changed by the clien...

sending vcards results in you do not have permission error.
When sending vcards inside or outside of our environment, users are getting a : You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. Anyone know what might be causing this? What antivirus do you use? At what level? "Paul Fogle" <pfogle@unknowncompany.net> a �crit dans le message de news: 543d5288e6794ff2ac3d4daf0206348d@ureader.com... > When sending vcards inside or outside of our environment, users are > getting > a : > > > You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, >...

Answering a mail #2
Hello all. (OutLook 2007 fr) When answering a mail, the initial mail sometimes appears with a blue line on the left. I should like to get rid of it, mainly to insert my own text. How to perform it ? Thanks in advance.. Daniel that means its HTML formatted - only plain text can use a character like > for identifying quoted messages. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@...

question about grouping the emails.
Hi, I am signed-up to a discussion group and i get question about a prob and also solutions as a reply. i am grouping the e-mails by subject, For example... subject: "problem with ABCDE" in reply the subject will be "RE: problem with ABCDE" now Outlook2003 is grouping these two into seperate groups and if there is a reply with subject "RE:RE: problem with ABCDE" it groups that seperately. i want to group the replies also into the same group. the reply to the emails are grouped seperately. i want to have an exception in the grouping saying to ignore the word...

gridlines #2
I am adding gridelines to my chart but for some reason the top row of my chart (axis) doesnt show the gridline across yet the other lines do? How do I get all the lines to go across?? You can show grid lines by following two ways 1.You can change the weight of the grid lines. so in the top grid line can be distinguished from plot area border. or 2.You can set plot area border to nothing so that top grid line can be shown -- mvengu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mvengu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid...

Outlook Client
Hi all, In the web client there is an email icon available from the views which allows you to send a direct email to the selected records in the view. Does anyone know if there is any way to call this from the Outlook client. Appreciate it :) cheers Nathan Hi, I'm afraid I can't help you out on this one. But I found that it's not only the icon missing in the Outlook client, but as soon as the Outlook client is active, the icon disappears in the Webclient also. This seems the same issue to me as the settings button disappearing when the Outlook client is active, wh...

Sending PDF's
Each month using MS Publisher 2003, I produce a 16 x A5 page church magazine using the 'Booklet' set up, and the paper magazine is printed onto eight A4 pages. I now wish to send an emailed PDF version to folk who live away and who don't have Publisher. Obviously if I convert this 'booklet' produced file to a PDF using PrimoPDF, I get page 1and page 16 together, the p2 & 15, etc. Obviously I'd like the recipients of the PDF get the pages in the right order. My method, so far, is to make a duplicate of the original 16 page document, change the 'Booklet...

Not receiving emails
I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. Pam C wrote: > I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try > to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I > enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly > terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? > I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. This is an is...