Emailing a survey

I am looking to create a survey that will be delivered
through Outlook.  I have created a table with form
controls in word (a .dot file).  Because of the form
controls the form would need to be locked.  I did set Word
as my email editor and created the email with the table
inserted into the body.  However, when I hit Send nothing
happens.

Can you let me know if I am going about this the wrong way
and if so how to best accomplish this. ... or is what I am
trying to do simply not possible?
0
anonymous (74721)

Can you send it by using CTRL+ENTER?

Also see the following add-in for creating e-mail surveys
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/easy_survey/
If you decide to order use "4PM76A8" to get a discount

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"EL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am looking to create a survey that will be delivered
> through Outlook.  I have created a table with form
> controls in word (a .dot file).  Because of the form
> controls the form would need to be locked.  I did set Word
> as my email editor and created the email with the table
> inserted into the body.  However, when I hit Send nothing
> happens.
>
> Can you let me know if I am going about this the wrong way
> and if so how to best accomplish this. ... or is what I am
> trying to do simply not possible?

0
Roady

Exchange 2003 and public folder email address in distribution group
Hello! I would like to add an email address of one of my public folders to a distribution list in exchange 2003. The public folder already has an email address of publicfolder@domain.com problem is that I dont know how to select this when I try to add this email in distribution groups. Any help would be great! Dan In ESM - go to the mail-enabled Public Folder's properties | Member Of tab | Add. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Dan J.S." <me@hyperx.com> wrote in message news:11s7q5...

Add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task form 01-30-06
Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task forms? Existing Category and Sub-Category fields sound like they should be linked to it. A good example would be Membership as a Category and Application as sub-category (Membership being a subject and Application being a sub-subject). Yes, this is possible. You will need to create a new entity called i.e. Email Subject and then create a 1 to many relationship between email and this new entity. "mkatsev" wrote: > Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, E...

spam email
hello, i am using outlook 2k i recieve spam email with my mail address as the sender and receiver. how can a provent this from happening ...

How do I delete an email that will not transmit?
I have an email with and attachment that will not transmit. When I try to delete it a window opens telling me the email cannot be opened because it outlook has already began transmitting. But it doesn't transmit and I can't delete it. Place Outlook in Offline mode via File-> Work Offline. Restart Outlook and you should be able to delete it. For other solutions see; http:/www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads,...

autofill on email address
Sometimes when I start typing an email address it automatically fills it in but this email address is not in my Contacts. Where does it keep those addresses and why does it happen on some addresses and not others. I am running Outlook 10.2627.2625 on XP Pro They are in your autocompletion cache (*.NK2 file). Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of the field. To clear the entire cache, follow the instructi...

Reply to an Email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I get an email in a nice graphical HTML format. When I hit Reply, it doesn't keep the same HTML formatting in the original message. It turns it to text and unreadable links. I can't find a setting anywhere to fix this on Replies although I'm certain there is one. Can you tell me where this setting is? <br> Thanks! <br> Lisa > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ...

networked computer emails
Hi all, I don't know if this is possible or not but i'm trying to set up an email for a networked computer using the same domain name. have the domain of freeuk.com with a username in front i,e xxxxxxx@freeuk.com and i want to set it up so the other pc has name.xxxxxxxx.freeuk.com/ Is this even possble?? -- egg987 Are you wanting to name the computer or create an email address for it? You can certainly create any email address you want, if you own the domain, but the computer can't receive email directly - you need to use an email client on that computer. If you just wan...

Case Email Template
It seems that I am encountering a problem with data fields displaying the wrong information in my outgoing email when using an email template. It seems as if the customer information (customer/contact) is being displayed in place of the user/owner information. For example, a customer (Rep1) issues a ticket and the owner of the ticket, Kate, is assigned. In the outgoing email to the customer stating that an case has been assigned and to whom it is assigned is displaying the customer information instead of the owner. Saying to contact Kate and giving Kate's email when I state t...

How send email inline (not as attachment) from Word 2007?
In Word 2003, when I have a document open I can click File | Send To | and then choose Mail Recipient to have Word open Outlook and email the document as text inside the message, not as an attachment. However, in Word 2007 when I click on the MS Office button and choose Send, that option sends it as an attachment. There doesn't seem to be an option to send it inline. Any thoughts? Thanks. Add the "Send to Mail Recipient" item to the Quick Access Toolbar. You will find it in the All Commands group. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless y...

email stuck in outbox: receiving error message
My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do send to the recepient, but never switch over to my sent box. Go to the 'Tools' menu, then options. In the first / 'Preferences' window that appears (tab shown at the top) click on 'E-mail Options'. Make sure there's a check mark in the box that says 'Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder'. If this is already done, you might want to note the exact text of the error message and do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. >-----Original Message----- >My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do s...

Receiving Email from Two Seperate Accounts
Hi, I was able to setup two accounts using Outlook, in order to send and receive emails from two seperate accounts. I notice when it comes to sending email, Outlook gives you a pulldown to choose which account you are sending from. But, I cannot figure out how to tell Outlook which account I want to receive email from when I hit "Send/Receive". Any help? Scott Check your send/receive settings. You can configure which account to = receive mail but you probably want to receive mail from all. What is = your real reason for asking for this option? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

To disable email command button
Hello, I have more than 2 control tab, I want it enabled for only tab no 1, for all the others should disable the email command button. I appreciate anyone's help. On the MS access sample database of address, the following is VBA which is not similar case with mine: Private Sub TabHousehold_Change() ' Disable datasheet button if Members selected On Error Resume Next Me!cmdDatasheet.Enabled = (Me!TabHousehold.Value <> 1) End Sub Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang To disable a command button, make it invisible. Me!Mybutton.visible = false -Dorian "...

Automating emails and importance / color
Hi; I have a program that sends out automatic emails to company personnel use OLE. My basic code looks like this: m = new OLEAutoClient("Outlook.Application") item = m.CreateItem(0) item.to = 'John.smith item.subject = database field item.body = 'Reminder' item.send() I would really like to adjust the subject color to red or to set a flag based on importance. Please describe what item.commands are needed for me to accomplish this. Example code would be most welcome. Thanks Pat Set a flag using the FlagDueB...

Sent items separates messages
Hi: I have a contact in my address book with the full name of "Steve Smith" and an email address of "ssmith@hiscompany.com" When I receive email messages from Steve, in my inbox, his messages show up with the "From" name of "Steve Smith" - exactly as I would expect. If I REPLY to a message from Steve, then in my "Sent Items" folder, the message sometimes appears with the "To" name of ssmith@hiscompany.com and other times it appears with the "To" name of 'ssmith@hiscompany.com' (notice the single q...

Email as message
Hi there, I need to send out a newsletter for my work that includes hyperlinks. Emailing as an attachment is not an option I need. I've tried grouping all images and pasting into the content of a new email but then the hyperlinks don't work. I've also noticed that the graphics come out blurry. My problem is Publisher won't let me "Send this page as message" because it's not in my "File" menu. When I try to add it to the "File" menu (or any tool bar for that matter) using the Tools/Customize drag and drop of icons it will drag the ic...

MS Office 2007 update junk email filter (KB977839)
I cannot install MS Office 07 update junk email filter (KB977839). I have tried several times but still it do not install (error code 646) Please help. Thanks, avids517 avids517;114819 Wrote: > I cannot install MS Office 07 update junk email filter (KB977839). > I have tried several times but still it do not install (error code > 646) > > Please help. Rather than using Windows Update to install this update, try downloading it manually and installing it. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=977839 -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.sl...

Outlook 2003 Junk Email filter only works on Inbox?
I have 2 pop3 accounts that both go into Outlook 2003. I use rules to move the emails to their respective folders. I have the Junk Email filter turned on High...and yet nothing gets filtered. It seems to me that Outlook moves the messages first, then runs the Junk Email filter on the Inbox. The Inbox is empty when the filter is run, thus nothing is filtered. Can anyone direct me on how to accomplish either one of the 2 solutions mentioned below? 1. Run the Junk Email filter on folders other than Inbox? 2. Run the Junk Email filter BEFORE the message rules are applied? Either option would so...

Rules for Junk Email don't work automatically.
I get legitimate mail with a specific subject line that ends up in junk mail. I can't use Safe Senders List because they come from previously unknown senders. I wrote a rule to move these emails with a specific subject line to my inbox. But Outlook 2003 will not automatically run any rules on email that it considers junk so it doesn't work. So the question is how can I setup Outlook 2003 so that an email with specific words in the subject will not go to the Junk E-mail folder? move the priority of the rule to the top of the list of rules. "Norm" <normtanner@hotma...

Stopping emails with .exe attachments?
Running Ex2003 on 2003 Server in a 2000 Domain. Is there anyway to stop emails with certain kinds of attachments (example .exe )? Nothing native will do this; there's attachment blocking in Outlook, but you shouldn't wait til mail gets to the client to handle this. The best way to deal with it would be to get Exchange antivirus software, which you should be running anyway...it can do this and more. Trend ScanMail or Sybari Antigen would be good to look at as they're probably the best out there. You can get a free 30 day eval of Scanmail from the Trend site. For a list of attach...

Trying to send emails from an external program
I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a reliable source for sending emails?? tammy0005 wrote: > I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the > email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a > reliable source for sending emails?? MapiLab's security add-on (free) ...

emails appearing after 4 years, again! #5
I've recieved an email that was sent to me 4 years ago, in my Inbox. What causes this? The Sender is still working with me and he definitely does not have a copy of the letter. ...

Email Re-Direction Help Needed
Hi Here is what I want to do:- Someone sends an email to support@mydomain.com. I want that email redirected to three users. 1 is an external recipient, i.e. someone@otherdomain.com. I've tried adding the smtp address (support@mydomain.com) in the properties window of userA which is fine, but I am unable to add the same address to userB. I then tried this:- I created a useraccount called admin. I added the SMTP email addresses to that account in the AD: support@mydomain.com enquiry@mydomain.com feedback@mydomain.com info@mydomain.com I then logged into the outlook account of th...

My reply emails are appearing unwanted in inbox
When I reply to any email, the same email I send out (the reply) also appears in my inbox. I do not know how to fix this. vandal <vandal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I reply to any email, the same email I send out (the reply) also > appears in my inbox. I do not know how to fix this. Using gmail by chance? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] What version of Outlook are you using? I ask because some versions are a bit different from others, and the instructions below would be better suited for you if I knew what version. However, I will go on the assumption that you hav...

Can't send email via outlook
I cannot send email through outlook and its getting quite old... I was able to... but one day it just stopped... Whenever I send a message now, it says "connected" and will stay that way forever until I hit stop or something times out, or armageddon comes. I've tried the mailserver for that domain, other mail servers, my isp mail server... all have the same reaction... I'm on a network but the other two computers on the network send and recieve just fine... What could be the problem? I've tried everything. I would assume this is a POP account I.E. you@yourdomain.com....

Changing Recevied Email Sender Display Name
Okay, Currently I have a received email which has "aaa@yahoo.com" under the "From:". I added the "aaa@yahoo.com" email to my contact with the display name as "Apple". Subsequent received mails from aaa@yahoo.com is displayed as "Apple" under the "From:". Does anyone know why older mails "From:" displayed name is not mapped to the Contact folder's display name? I would like to change the old emails which shows aaa@yahoo.com to "Apple". Sincerely Idiot. ...