Email with tiny attachments open slow

Good Day All,

I am using Exchange server 200 and Outlook 2003 mail client. I have started
to experience with a single machine where all of a sudden reading emails
with attachments of any size, even 6k, slows greatly.

Just selecting the email item in the list takes at least 30 seconds before
the lower pane shows the body of the selected item. No other client has the
same problem even while this machine does. The problem seems to disappear at
some point and then returns.

The machine was connected to a 10Mbps switch so I changed to a 100Mbps
switch and Event logs reveal nothing.

I have disabled the Microsoft speech and text recognition feature but the
problem is still there. Can anyone offer some advice on
troubleshooting/resolving the issue?

Thanks,
Paul Johnson.

0
pjohnson1 (3)

What anti-virus software are you using?

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Paul Johnson" <pjohnson@domewood.plus.com> wrote in message
> Good Day All,
>
> I am using Exchange server 200 and Outlook 2003 mail client. I have
> started to experience with a single machine where all of a sudden reading
> emails with attachments of any size, even 6k, slows greatly.
>
> Just selecting the email item in the list takes at least 30 seconds before
> the lower pane shows the body of the selected item. No other client has
> the same problem even while this machine does. The problem seems to
> disappear at some point and then returns.
>
> The machine was connected to a 10Mbps switch so I changed to a 100Mbps
> switch and Event logs reveal nothing.
>
> I have disabled the Microsoft speech and text recognition feature but the
> problem is still there. Can anyone offer some advice on
> troubleshooting/resolving the issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Johnson.

0
bens1 (1425)

Can Recieve email but cannot send out
For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet connection, and can receive emails. I have tried disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any suggestions? are you getting any kind of error back? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cc5901c43909$3916a210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any > suggestions? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

I have a problem with the attachment
I use a mail with an attachment and I make any changes in it, even though I save it, at the time of closing the next time I open it, the changes do not appear. I suppose there must be an tmp file any place. I want to know is where can I find the file that I make changes, because I use save instead off save as. please help me Hi kiplingirapuato, Re: I suppose there must be an tmp file any place Answer: NO, the file was erased when you closed it. When an attachment is opened OE creates it in a tmp file, when attachment is closed OE erases the tmp file. Ken "kipling...

Publisher Can Not Open Files from a Dif. Version--Help
I have Publisher 2000 version SP-3 (what a strange version!) I'm trying to open a publisher file that was created in Pub 2000 version 6.0 and it won't let me. It says Can not open file from a dif. version. Is there anything I can do about this. In not, that's crazy. Both versions are from 2000! Any help you can give would be great! Are you running Norton antivirus? "ajb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4B31BC3-CA7C-41EE-8EB4-968BCBA1D370@microsoft.com... > I have Publisher 2000 version SP-3 (what a strange version!) I'm trying ...

outlook email questionaire
I want to send an email to clients that has a questionaire on it with text answers. I want them to be able to answer the questions and then click a button at the bottom of the page that will send it directly to my email without them having to enter my address. How do I do this? Well, i's possible to do what you want (mail a form to someone that's editable on the receiving end and runs code to send mail when done) but is not easy. Check out www. outlookcode.com for some ideas on how to approach this. If you are not using an exchange server, I'd recommend using Form Regions...

Email
I have created a simple Access database that our HR department will use to input demographic information on a new employee, as well as what software, access, etc. a new employee will need. Again, it is VERY simple, but what I can't figure out is how to create a button that the HR staff can click on and the file, with all the information, is emailed to our IS department. Can this be done? You can setup a report to based on your current record and email it using SendObject or using Outlook automation. This does require a minimal amount of VBA programming in either case. If you sear...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

HELP: Lost all my old emails
Hello, First there was the power failure. Then there was Windows XP recovery program (that ran automatically). Now, my desktop is blown away and all my Outlook emails and contacts are gone. Could these files be lurking in some obscure directory? Don't say search for dbx files. My computer doesn't have any. I'm running Windows XP media edition. Regards and thanks. do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for your personal address book. If those arent there.. You might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where they are backed up.. for just this re...

email addresses in memory
An outlook 2003 user states that when sending out an email and when they type in a letter in the "to" area the email addresses that were in memory when you type a letter or name are gone. They said they didn't do anything different. The addresses are in the contact list but there is nothing in memory so you have to type the whole address in. Is this possible or can address in memory be deleted or removed? They are stored in the *.nk2 file located in Docs&Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (by default) You dont have to type the address in, just click the &...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Open document with Word instead of Works
Our computer came originally installed with Works. When we loaded Microsoft Office (Home and Student Version) 2007, it seemed to load fine and is able to be used for word processing, excel spreadsheets, etc. But when we try to open documents sent via the web, it automatically defaults to Works. In Vista, tried to change the default, and the Microsoft Office suite is not listed on the choices for default programs. Help! Right-click on a file you've saved to your hard drive (you wouldn't try opening an attachment directly from email, would you?), choose "Open With,...

Korean email
I can type and send Korean characters in emails but cannot receive them in Outlook 2003. Any help? ...

Slow printing of multiple copies
Multiple copies of documents sometimes seem to reinitialise the printer for each copy instead of only once at the start of the job. This makes printing very slow with significant pauses between copies. I'm using Publisher 2007 on Vista to a usb-connected Xerox Phases 6180 colour laser which has 128 MB of memory and most documents work fine. Can anyone help? Hugh Do you have gradients in your publication? Try an experiment. Save the gradient as a .png-- insert back into your document. Try printing again. You could take a look at the spooler to see how your documents are s...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Instant search of emails (10,000) fails
Failure of instant search requires reboot befor resolving for search or two and again fails ...

Outlook hanging when opening, stops responding
Help. Yesterday when I opened Outlook, all of my contacts and calendar items were gone. I imported all my old pst files and everything was there. Outlook appeared to be okay, but then it froze and I had to CTL Alt Delete to end the program through Task Manager. After repeating this process several times, Outlook opened in Safe Mode. Everything seemed fine. Closed Outlook, reopened later, and same problem encountered, but safe mode now doesn't kick in. Tried removing Outlook and reinstalling, but still having problems. Any one have a solution or suggestion on what I should tr...

How do I Full screen an Email???
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body Craig <cb3_3@hotmail.com> wrote: > I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in > a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like > I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in > Word or Excel & us...

97 converted to 2000 becomes very, very slow
I have a whole bunch of Access97 databases which we are converting to Access2000. Most of the converted simple ones perform okay. Of course, a few will need more attention. In the status space at the bottom of the screen, I see more 'Calculating ...' and 'Running query'. And this really slows down the performance of a few of my databases. The databases, in Access97, ran fine. Is there any way I can find out what is being calculated and what queries are being run? Just opening tables in Access2000 is slower than in Access97. Also running queries with linked table...

email forwarding to my other email
I have two email accounts. One I use for work and the other for personal. For some reason, my personal email is being forwarded to my work email. I don't know why and how do I stop it....? Are these POP3 accounts? Has it ever worked? Are they separate accounts, or addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? Does your personal e-mail show in both places, or is it going to your work only? Any rules set up in WinMail, or on the server's Website? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "az otr" <az otr@disc...

Outlook 2003 opens multiple instances
When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens twice or has two instances available in the task manager window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it is fine. Also, we are currently running Viewmail and Viewfax from Active Voice. Any help would be grealty appreciated. Charles Garcia wrote: > When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens > twice or has two instances available in the task manager > window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it > is fine. This happens randomly for me too. In fact, for a long time it used to a...

Emails not leaving outbox
Hi all - I am having what seems to be a common problem, but all of the suggested fixes I found did not work. I have set up SQLServer to use MAPI to email notifications. I have Outlook 2000 installed and configured and working. The SQLServer notifications part isworking too. The only thing I can't figure out is the emails never leave the outbox until I start Outlook and click Send/Receive. Then they are all sent fine. I read some articles mentioning MAPISP32, which appears to be the culprit. From what I see it's supposed to spool emails that are in the Outlook outbox. I found after I ...

Missing text in email
I recently installed Exchange 2003. From time to time when my users send email outside the company there messages are missing text upon arrival. The text missing could be two sentences at the end of a paragraph and the next one starts okay, or it could be a very words missing here and that. Any ideas of this Michelle P. Michelle: I know you have probably thought about this already, but do you have any type of content inspection system installed on your Exchange server? Or anything installed that stamps a message disclaimer on the message. Is the message changed by the clien...

question about grouping the emails.
Hi, I am signed-up to a discussion group and i get question about a prob and also solutions as a reply. i am grouping the e-mails by subject, For example... subject: "problem with ABCDE" in reply the subject will be "RE: problem with ABCDE" now Outlook2003 is grouping these two into seperate groups and if there is a reply with subject "RE:RE: problem with ABCDE" it groups that seperately. i want to group the replies also into the same group. the reply to the emails are grouped seperately. i want to have an exception in the grouping saying to ignore the word...

Outlook Client
Hi all, In the web client there is an email icon available from the views which allows you to send a direct email to the selected records in the view. Does anyone know if there is any way to call this from the Outlook client. Appreciate it :) cheers Nathan Hi, I'm afraid I can't help you out on this one. But I found that it's not only the icon missing in the Outlook client, but as soon as the Outlook client is active, the icon disappears in the Webclient also. This seems the same issue to me as the settings button disappearing when the Outlook client is active, wh...

Not receiving emails
I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. Pam C wrote: > I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try > to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I > enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly > terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? > I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. This is an is...

When I open Outlook 2003 my send/receive does not automatically ha
I recently had to restore my entire computer due to a virus. I re-loaded outlook 2003 and it works but when I first open it I have to click send/receive to get my emails. That was not the case before the restore. Does anyone know how to fix this? Regards -- LCBSEL "LCBSEL" <LCBSEL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:836A4C1A-B5B7-4C62-84E6-E4DB9AA30BC0@microsoft.com... >I recently had to restore my entire computer due to a virus. I re-loaded > outlook 2003 and it works but when I first open it I have to click > send/receive to get ...