email reply indent doesn't work

ol03, reply as plain text, using the outlook spell check, not using word:

i have it set to indent when replying, but nothing indents in the reply. i
only want a reasonable way to reply to different points in an email. if i
use characters before the reply then i have to deal with the spell checker
reading everything.  if i turn on word for email i have to deal with outlook
whining about normal.dot not being saved properly. so i'd like to try
indenting, but it doesn't seem to work.

help?

0
astro46 (42)

I could be wrong, but I believe that indentations is a property of some type
of formatting, i.e. RTF or HTML. You can't indent plain text unless you
manually add spaces, which is not really indenting. Indenting is setting
left justification to begin farther right than the normal text.

Walt

"jeffrey" <astro46@excite.com> wrote in message
> ol03, reply as plain text, using the outlook spell check, not using word:
>
> i have it set to indent when replying, but nothing indents in the reply. i
> only want a reasonable way to reply to different points in an email. if i
> use characters before the reply then i have to deal with the spell checker
> reading everything.  if i turn on word for email i have to deal with
> outlook whining about normal.dot not being saved properly. so i'd like to
> try indenting, but it doesn't seem to work.
>
> help?

based on what i have seen, i can believe what you are saying.  i am not
happy with the way outlook handles replies.

"Walt Basil" <see_signature@for_address.com> wrote in message
>I could be wrong, but I believe that indentations is a property of some
>type of formatting, i.e. RTF or HTML. You can't indent plain text unless
>you manually add spaces, which is not really indenting. Indenting is
>setting left justification to begin farther right than the normal text.
>
> Walt
>
> "jeffrey" <astro46@excite.com> wrote in message
>> ol03, reply as plain text, using the outlook spell check, not using word:
>>
>> i have it set to indent when replying, but nothing indents in the reply.
>> i only want a reasonable way to reply to different points in an email. if
>> i use characters before the reply then i have to deal with the spell
>> checker reading everything.  if i turn on word for email i have to deal
>> with outlook whining about normal.dot not being saved properly. so i'd
>> like to try indenting, but it doesn't seem to work.
>>
>> help?

0
astro46 (42)

MSMONEY 2007 WORKING SLOWLY
I USE MSMONEY THERE ARE SEVERAL YEARS. NOW I HAVE 2007. IT IS VERY SLOW, MAINLY WHEN ITt BEGINS, IT IS SEVERAL MINUTES PROCESSING, WITH CPU TO 100%. WHAT CAN BE? Please don't SHOUT. It hurts my eyes and is entirely unnecessary. Your Caps Lock key--learn it, use it, love it. Money's handling of scheduled bill data internally is hopelessly broken. Rather than fix that, they issued a tool to remove all the bad data they happily collect and leave lying around. We call it "Nuke The Bills." See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=187 for more information. It has fixed perfor...

Can Recieve email but cannot send out
For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet connection, and can receive emails. I have tried disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any suggestions? are you getting any kind of error back? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cc5901c43909$3916a210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any > suggestions? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Outlook, NT Exchange 4.5, VPN, Domain..... Can't make it all work. PLZ help, will reward.
Really stuck with the Outlook� Situation: NT SBS 4.5 server. 6 machines connected to it on a domain. All suck internet through a LAN broadband router. Server used to be configured on a modem dial-up and emails worked fine. Now with this new ADSL setup (new provider) emails get stuck on despatch. Finding the SMTP server configuration has been a task I didn't manage. Can anyone help? I can only find the SMTP settings for the administrator on the server but that is of no use� I found a setting where all mail is forwarded to an internet based server but no place for a password or login. The...

HELP: Lost all my old emails
Hello, First there was the power failure. Then there was Windows XP recovery program (that ran automatically). Now, my desktop is blown away and all my Outlook emails and contacts are gone. Could these files be lurking in some obscure directory? Don't say search for dbx files. My computer doesn't have any. I'm running Windows XP media edition. Regards and thanks. do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for your personal address book. If those arent there.. You might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where they are backed up.. for just this re...

My date format will not work.
If I type a date, 02/28/05 in a cell, it changes to somthing like 06/02/1955. Even when I change the format, date, and change selections, 2/28/2005, or Monday, February 28, 2005. It will default back to some other month, date and year. I know that it worked correctly on Friday, 2/25/05, does anyone know of a bug or update that could have caused this problem? Thanks Hi what happens if you use the short-cut key combination of control & semi-colon (;) to input the current date? Cheers JulieD "LJfeild" <LJfeild@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEA4F...

HELP, Navigation bar works in Firefox, not Explorer
I have recently uploaded a website created on FrontPage 2003 to GoDaddy. The home page navigation bar works well when viewed with Firefox, but not at all with Explorer 7. What's wrong???? Thanks, No idea. But your question seems to have nothing to do with Access, the Microsoft database application that this newsgroup is concerned with. Rob captain" <captain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EAD2E1E-6F46-49F6-AB38-3F26A3B764ED@microsoft.com... >I have recently uploaded a website created on FrontPage 2003 to GoDaddy. >The > home page navigati...

outlook email questionaire
I want to send an email to clients that has a questionaire on it with text answers. I want them to be able to answer the questions and then click a button at the bottom of the page that will send it directly to my email without them having to enter my address. How do I do this? Well, i's possible to do what you want (mail a form to someone that's editable on the receiving end and runs code to send mail when done) but is not easy. Check out www. outlookcode.com for some ideas on how to approach this. If you are not using an exchange server, I'd recommend using Form Regions...

Email
I have created a simple Access database that our HR department will use to input demographic information on a new employee, as well as what software, access, etc. a new employee will need. Again, it is VERY simple, but what I can't figure out is how to create a button that the HR staff can click on and the file, with all the information, is emailed to our IS department. Can this be done? You can setup a report to based on your current record and email it using SendObject or using Outlook automation. This does require a minimal amount of VBA programming in either case. If you sear...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

email addresses in memory
An outlook 2003 user states that when sending out an email and when they type in a letter in the "to" area the email addresses that were in memory when you type a letter or name are gone. They said they didn't do anything different. The addresses are in the contact list but there is nothing in memory so you have to type the whole address in. Is this possible or can address in memory be deleted or removed? They are stored in the *.nk2 file located in Docs&Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (by default) You dont have to type the address in, just click the &...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Open document with Word instead of Works
Our computer came originally installed with Works. When we loaded Microsoft Office (Home and Student Version) 2007, it seemed to load fine and is able to be used for word processing, excel spreadsheets, etc. But when we try to open documents sent via the web, it automatically defaults to Works. In Vista, tried to change the default, and the Microsoft Office suite is not listed on the choices for default programs. Help! Right-click on a file you've saved to your hard drive (you wouldn't try opening an attachment directly from email, would you?), choose "Open With,...

Korean email
I can type and send Korean characters in emails but cannot receive them in Outlook 2003. Any help? ...

retrieve unsaved work
I accidentally hit the no button when asked to save my work in exel. How can I retrieve this information You cannot retrieve this work if you were not running the AutoSave add-in which is not avilable in version 2002 and 2003. If you were, you may have a recently autosaved version. Otherwise.......out of luck. For future download Jan Karel Pieterse's AutoSafe add-in. It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a user selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or puts them in the recycle bin). And the user can always r...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Instant search of emails (10,000) fails
Failure of instant search requires reboot befor resolving for search or two and again fails ...

How do I Full screen an Email???
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body Craig <cb3_3@hotmail.com> wrote: > I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in > a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like > I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in > Word or Excel & us...

Emails not leaving outbox
Hi all - I am having what seems to be a common problem, but all of the suggested fixes I found did not work. I have set up SQLServer to use MAPI to email notifications. I have Outlook 2000 installed and configured and working. The SQLServer notifications part isworking too. The only thing I can't figure out is the emails never leave the outbox until I start Outlook and click Send/Receive. Then they are all sent fine. I read some articles mentioning MAPISP32, which appears to be the culprit. From what I see it's supposed to spool emails that are in the Outlook outbox. I found after I ...

Missing text in email
I recently installed Exchange 2003. From time to time when my users send email outside the company there messages are missing text upon arrival. The text missing could be two sentences at the end of a paragraph and the next one starts okay, or it could be a very words missing here and that. Any ideas of this Michelle P. Michelle: I know you have probably thought about this already, but do you have any type of content inspection system installed on your Exchange server? Or anything installed that stamps a message disclaimer on the message. Is the message changed by the clien...

email forwarding to my other email
I have two email accounts. One I use for work and the other for personal. For some reason, my personal email is being forwarded to my work email. I don't know why and how do I stop it....? Are these POP3 accounts? Has it ever worked? Are they separate accounts, or addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? Does your personal e-mail show in both places, or is it going to your work only? Any rules set up in WinMail, or on the server's Website? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "az otr" <az otr@disc...

question about grouping the emails.
Hi, I am signed-up to a discussion group and i get question about a prob and also solutions as a reply. i am grouping the e-mails by subject, For example... subject: "problem with ABCDE" in reply the subject will be "RE: problem with ABCDE" now Outlook2003 is grouping these two into seperate groups and if there is a reply with subject "RE:RE: problem with ABCDE" it groups that seperately. i want to group the replies also into the same group. the reply to the emails are grouped seperately. i want to have an exception in the grouping saying to ignore the word...

Outlook Client
Hi all, In the web client there is an email icon available from the views which allows you to send a direct email to the selected records in the view. Does anyone know if there is any way to call this from the Outlook client. Appreciate it :) cheers Nathan Hi, I'm afraid I can't help you out on this one. But I found that it's not only the icon missing in the Outlook client, but as soon as the Outlook client is active, the icon disappears in the Webclient also. This seems the same issue to me as the settings button disappearing when the Outlook client is active, wh...

Not receiving emails
I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. Pam C wrote: > I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try > to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I > enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly > terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? > I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. This is an is...

C++ dll in Excel 97 does not work in Excel 2003
Hi there, I am using a c++ dll in excel 97 and calling dll functions, and it works just fine. Now, When I try to run the same dll/xls file with all VBA code, macros it gives me error right at registering the dll at line Range("1!A1") = "=REGISTER.ID(""Black"",""ef_fv"",""BIBBBBB"")": Sub Auto_open() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayFullScreen = True AddIns("Analysis Toolpak").Installed = True Range("1!A1") = "=REGISTER.ID(""Black"&quo...

Hyperlinks blocked within email messages
Suddenly I can't open any links from within received messages. I receive the following error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." "System administrator" would be me. This is a standalone computer connected via a Linksys router to a cable modem. There's no domain involved and there are two Users (both administrators) set up, only one of which has the problem. I'm using Outlook 2007 under Vista Ultimate and this has only started happening in the last week...