email mail merge drops attachment

I'm attempting an email mail merge to a recruiters
database using  Microsoft Outlook 2002. I'm running
Windows XP on a home network with a shared internet
connection, ISP is Optimum Online.

The mail merge portion works fine.  My problem is the
outgoing emails are dropping an important attachment,
which is my resume.

Can anyone help? Individual emails with the same
attachment work fine.  The attachment gets dropped when I
send the same email out of a mail merge.

Please reply to MStieglitz@optonline.net

            Thanks very much for your help.

0
anonymous (74722)

This is a limitation of Mail Merge to Electronic Mail - no attachments.
You'll need to check out some of the third party options on
www.slipstick.com - search for "mass mail"

Michael Stieglitz wrote:
> I'm attempting an email mail merge to a recruiters
> database using  Microsoft Outlook 2002. I'm running
> Windows XP on a home network with a shared internet
> connection, ISP is Optimum Online.
>
> The mail merge portion works fine.  My problem is the
> outgoing emails are dropping an important attachment,
> which is my resume.
>
> Can anyone help? Individual emails with the same
> attachment work fine.  The attachment gets dropped when I
> send the same email out of a mail merge.
>
> Please reply to MStieglitz@optonline.net
>
>             Thanks very much for your help.

0
lanwench (7567)

Access 2003
Hi, I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and outgoing email traffic for specific group addresses in an Exchange Enviroment. This only needs to be a simple culmulative count with a date stamp. Not too sure how I would start this. Many thanks in advance for any help that can be given. My guess is to use MAPI to connect to and interact with the server. From there, there should be code available to read the traffic. "MaccaUK" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and > ...

Excel Mass Email
Does anyone know of anyway or program to do the following: We have Excel file that contains 3 columns- ID, password and email address. We need to email each ind email address their ID and password. Is there a program that we can use that will do this email merge? Thanks! Hi Jill Try this example on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/message.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09b701c49fdc$32c52960$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of anyway or program to do the follow...

Entourage doesn't see emails or accounts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I had to reinstall Office 08 but first I tried to backup Entourages's files - like my emails - so they could be brought back in. I did not export them. I moved my copied files (identities, database, messages, etc.) back into the Microsoft User Data / Office 2008 Identities folder. But when I open Entourage, it's not seeing my accounts or the emails. Why not??? I can't import anything cuz like I said I didn't export. Please help!!! On 1/30/10 9:39 AM, in article 59bb1e57.-1@we...

Pub Mail Merge
Does Publisher 2002 / 2003 version have it's own mail merge program. I use Pub 97 now and I always have to bring in a pub file into MS Word in order to mail merge. This means I need two software programs for one operation. Ron Publisher 2002 and 2003 have the same useless database as Publisher 97 has built in. Do you mean to say you have never found it in Publisher 97? Publisher 2003 has significantly improved the ability of the Merge and you can now merge multiple items and pictures on a page. ...

Advanced Email Options
The options listed below are selected in the Advanced emails options of my Outlook application. - Automatic Name Checking - Suggest names while completing To, CC, and Bcc fields I've sent emails to certain email addresses in the past, and yet when I type part of their email addresses in the To, CC, or Bcc fields, they are not suggested or automatically completed, even when I tab to the next field. Can someone tell me what's causing this and what the fix is? ...

Problem sending emails from Outlook Express Ver6 NEVER MIND!
I am trying to use Outlook Express Ver6 instead of Eudora. I can't seem to send e-mails from it. When I send a test to myself I get the error: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was (MY ADDRESS) .. Subject 'TEST', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Authentication Required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78 Can anyone suggest what is wrong? Must be something...

I can't receive or send mail
I try loggin into my account, but I get this message. "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificat's CN name does not match the passed value." How do I fix this? Please post the names of the incoming (POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) servers you are using, and their port numbers as shown on the Advanced tab of the account properties. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "unknown" <unknown@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

E-mail box sizes. Echange System Manger.
Hi. Now and then I need to find out the size of the various e-mail boxes in Exchange2000. The problem is that the size indicated in the Exchange System Manager do not reflect the same size when you look into Outlook. Is the a way to figure out the correct e-mail size? If not. Is this better in Exchange2003? Thank you in advance. DagN I'd consider the Exchange value to be the most important given this is what will be used for mailbox quotas, etc. Nue "Dag N" <skier@start.no> wrote in message news:OjCaWfjLGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi. > Now and then ...

Problem sending e-mails with Outlook & SBC Yahoo DSL
I have been unable to fix a problem and am looking for help. I have Outlook 2000. I also have SBC Yahoo DSL. I have spent hours on the phone trying to fix this problem, reloaded my software, etc. I can recieve e-mail from the SBC Yahoo DSL server with my Outlook, but cannot send e- mails. The error message I get is 0x800ccc0f. I know this means the outgoing mail server does not recognize and log me in, but does anyone know a way to change this? SBC made sure my settings were correct, but the problem persists. They claim it is an Outlook problem, but it never happened with other ISP...

How to send newsletter as HTML email
I can successfully create my newsletter in Publisher, choose to email it as a message, and it shows up perfectly in an email message. But now I have purchased an email program that allows me to paste in HTML to send to a large distribution list of subscribers. I want to copy my newsletter as HTML and send it via this program. I've tried saving the .PUB file as a single file web page (.mht file), then I open that file in my browser, view source, copy and paste the HTML code into my mailing list program and send it as an HTML email. However, when it is received in email, it is missi...

Help! Extract the subject of all mails in outlook to a text file
How can I extract the information, such as subject, sender, time of all the mails in my Inbox into a text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Switch to a table view that contains all the fields you need the information from, select all items, and press CTRL+C to copy. You should be able to paste the data in columns into a text file. Note that not all available fields will copy in this manner, but the ones you mentioned should work. -- Jocelyn Fior...

Public folder for storing e-mail message
Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public folder to an external address automatically. How do I set this up. Any help will be appreciated. "Dipti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for > customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public fol...

Transferring email addresses from Access to Outlook address book
Is there a way of transferring a list of email addresses with their contact names from an Access Database Table to my Outlook? ...

attach file in Business Portal Project's Expense
I would like to suggest to include feature for attached file into the Project's Employee Expense. Where employee submitting expense claim, the superior would like to view the scanned copy of the resit, this is common in order to verify the trueness of the claim. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

Track source of Netsky in mail?
Hello! I have a client that uses Outlook 2000 and 2003 with POP accounts from their ISP. They have about three users who keep getting Netsky stopped by Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition version 8.1 on their desktops. They get at least a dozen a day on some users. Is there any way to track down the sending user or computer? I suspect it is not on their network, but possibly an unprotected home user with their address book. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill No, otherwise, this problem would have been nipped in the bud a long time ago. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...

E-Mails Bouncing from Server
E-mails that are sent to one of my users bounce intermittently, however, they bounce with the name of another user, i.e., an e-mail sent to johndoe@mail.com bounces back with a reply, i.e.: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Technology Update Sent: 6/1/2005 3:07 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Jane N. Doe on 6/1/2005 3:07 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <mail.mail.com #5.1...

Not able to send / recv Attachments in the Exchange Server
Hi, We are facing some probelms for receiving / sending Attachments with the Emails. Please reply either on above or qasimpurathil@hotmail.com / kasimpt@yahoo.com Regards, Kasim Does it go to the Outbox or error before that? Does it leave the Outbox? Do you get an NDR? Does the recipient get a mail with the attachment stripped? Is sending to local users affected? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script s...

Steps to doing a drop down menu
i do not no how to do a drop down menu if some one could help me with this and maybe even be helpfull enough to help with a few other questions be really helpfull thank you :D If you are referring to an in-cell dropdown list using Data Validation the see Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal01.html If you mean something else, please elaborate. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:47:01 -0700, HELP ME <HELP ME@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i do not no how to do a drop down menu if some one could help me with this >and maybe eve...

Attaching shortcuts to contacts?
Howdy All, I need access to several pictures from each of several thousand outlook contacts. I also don't want a 4gb address book. Is it possible to attach shortcuts rather than attaching the actual pictures? If so, or if there's a better way, advice would be much appreciated. Cheers, Chuck Flanders 'Slave to the Learning Curve' What version of Outlook? If Outlook 2003, I don't believe it actually stores the picture on the contact record but a reference to a file on your local system. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the...

Regular expression validation for email
I might be doing something stupid here but I really need some help. Can someone please tell me why can't I get this xml to pass my validation when I use XmlValidatingReader? The XMLSpy seems to accept it. XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Address> <email>x.x@x.com</email> </Address> XSD: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:element nam...

saving emails
I need to reformat my hard drive but don't want to lose all of my emails and my contact list. Short of exporting everything individually, is there any way I can save my Outlook configuration so that everything isn't lost? Thanks! ...

E-mail Delivery Issues to Group within a Group
Here is an example of a prevailing issue we are experiencing. Our Exchange servers are running Windows 2003, EX2003SP1, and PCs using Office 2003. We have a distribution group called BPMI_PME_MGRS in our address book in Outlook. The problem is that this group does not always deliver e-mails to all the members in the group unless the user sending the email clicks the pluses (expands the groups) repeatedly so that all names within the distribution list appear in the email. If they do not click the pluses, the email is not always received by all the group members and no failure notice i...

Outlook 2003 hangs opening msg with attachments
I just upgraded to Office 2003 from Office XP on Windows XP Pro. Outlook 2002 worked just fine. Now Outlook 2003 three hangs often, especially when I am trying to open a message and almost always when the message has an attachment. Sometimes I can go to the file menu and open it from there but from the right-click menu or double-clicking it hangs sometimes with no attachment and almost always if there is an attachment. Anyone know how to fix this? Lee Robinson ...

stuck email won't delete--holding up sync process
using an imap gmail account with WLM 14.0.8089.0726 on win xpsp3. there is a stuck outgoing message in the [Gmail] subfolder that will not delete. trying to delete it stalls WLM indefinitely (I left it overnight to find it still trying to delete the message). what's worse is that when syncing, upon reaching the [Gmail] folder containing this stuck email, syncing stalls out as well. I've gone through the program folders with windows explorer and can't seem to find that message to kill it that way either. I tried searching the forum for an answer but my searching...

Keeping mail on exchange server
I have an email account on an exchange server. I like being able to manage it via the web so that i can check my incoming mail, sent messages and also store attached files for viewing at remote locations. I also would like to be able to use this account in Outlook 2003. Is there a way to use this emal account in outlook and not have everything downloaded that i want to keep on the server? That's the way it works by default. Just make sure that your default storage location (Tools | E-Mail Accounts | View or Change E-mail Account | Deliver new mail to...) is set to the Exchange m...