email links not working

Hi All

I have posted on the following forums;

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20506459-Outlook-Outlook-2007-and-links-within-emails

and wonder if someone can help with resolving this issue of email links in
outlook 2007 been restricted.

Thanks

0
ap76 (16)

you coulda just posted the error message.

See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for solutions.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"AP" <ap76@email.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I have posted on the following forums;
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20506459-Outlook-Outlook-2007-and-links-within-emails
>
> and wonder if someone can help with resolving this issue of email links in
> outlook 2007 been restricted.
>
> Thanks

0
outlookmvp (5838)

can a reminder be sent as an email instead of a popup?
I'd like the reminders to be sent to my email account's inbox rather than pop up and interrupt me. Can that be done? Mr. Not without a third party program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mr . . asked: | I'd like the reminders to be sent to my email account's inbox rather | than pop up and interrupt me. | | Can that be done? | | Mr. "Mr . ." <deleteme@sbc.net> wrote in messag...

Removing "hidden" ODBC links
I have a a number of worksheets that have queries out to an oracle database.... However, I cannot find where these links are in the workbook and to what cells they go to. How can I find these queries or is there a tool to locate them? Thanks. Richard http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2005/11/29/query-editor-add-in/ ...

Why do support emails show up in my "assigned" queue...
CRMers, Our CRM system is set up such that any email that goes to our support email address gets redeployed to a configured "Support" queue within CRM. The problem I have is that the email also shows up in my "Assigned" queue. The only reason I can think of is that I am set as the owner for the support queue. It appears a queue cannot be created without an owner. Does anyone have any insight on this problem and how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your help. Pradeep for a queue to work you have to set up a dedicated mailbox in exchange and then use that email ad...

URGENT
Can I install a second exchange, only for the Email Router, leaving the mailboxes in the first one? I'm trying to troubleshoot the problems related with a clustered Exchange. Can I work arround this way? Thanks -- Charly The router needs to be installed on whatever machine servers as your SMTP gateway. If the users are partitioned somehow tha tthe SMTP taffic will come in through that ned Exchange server, than yes, you can do this. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:27:01 -0700, Ca...

How can I automatically eliminate signature for internal email
I have an user who wants his signature to be automatically added for outside email (no problem, we've already set it up), but not for internal mail. I know he can go through all the steps to change or eliminate the signature for any particular piece of mail, but he is not a patient person and would much rather have it done for him automatically. Is this possible??? Outlook provides no setting to do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart f...

Business Alerts Not Working
GP 8.0, SQL Server 2000, Small Biz Server 2003 GP is installed on Small Business Server 2003 which has Exchange and SQL Server 2000. All users access GP via our Terminal Server which is installed on Windows Server 2003. The SBS 2003 Server has Outlook client installed. As does the Windows Server 2003. We cannot get SQL Mail to work. Within GP when testing the Business ALerts mail, we get the following error: "The following error occured in SQL Server: XP_sendmail: Could not resolve recipient. In SQL Enterprixe Manager, under support services, SQL Mail, You can test the Outlook ...

Installed Microsoft CRM and now Outlook Web Access is not working properly
I installed Microsoft CRM and I realized something was wrong the first time I tried Outlook Web Access. I received the Windows userid/password prompt, indicating that I did not have rights to the subdirectories on the Web server. I uninstalled CRM and nothing changed. I then went in and manually updated the permissions for what I thought were all of the correct subdirectories. It appeared that this fixed the problem, since I was able to open OWA and view my messages. Unfortunately, If I try to create a new message (or forward or reply to a message), the windows pops open, but I can'...

How can I turn of zooming so that users can't change size of work.
I have about 50 worksheets and the employees will be updating there own worksheet. Some like to change the size of the worksheet by zooming out which makes it hard for me to read. Is there a way that I can set the zooming to a specific percent and then no let anybody change it? Thanks, cwwolfdog I think I'd let the other users do whatever they found comfortable. But I'd have a macro that changed the zoom to what I liked -- I could run that whenever I wanted on whatever window is showing. Something like: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myWindow As Window Dim wks As...

why are my emails to hotmail ids not being received. OK to any ot.
I've been a user of Outlook Express 6.0 with no problems. I've now installed Outlook 2000 and have a vexing problem. My emails to Hotmail IDs are being sent but not received. To any other addresses get through fine. Any ideas please? Cox of Thornbury wrote: > I've been a user of Outlook Express 6.0 with no problems. I've now > installed Outlook 2000 and have a vexing problem. My emails to > Hotmail IDs are being sent but not received. To any other addresses > get through fine. Any ideas please? Do you get an NDR (nondelivery message)? If so, it should give you ...

Email association with Account
Hi all, I wish to have answer on the following scenario : There are CRM Users (Sales people) and Non CRM Users (R&D, Manufacturing, etc) . If a mail is sent with respect to a particular customer (Account) to Non CRM users such as Manufacturing , etc , this activity will appear in CRM and will be associated with that particular Account. I wish to ask if the reply is sent from Non CRM user to CRM user , how that mail will be associated. Ideally we want that mail to be directly associated with the Customer (Account). If that is not possible , can we do it with promote to CRM activity...

Printing section of non HTML email
We have Outlook 2007 and someone wanted to print just a section of an email, but cannot seem to do this. I have seen how this can be done with HTML, but is it a lost cause with a non HTML email? "minncal2002" <minncal2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5851357E-DB1B-4235-B980-A8D2F8DBD53C@microsoft.com... > We have Outlook 2007 and someone wanted to print just a section of an email, > but cannot seem to do this. I have seen how this can be done with HTML, but > is it a lost cause with a non HTML email? You should be able to print a p...

Did not save my work
I just did a bunch of work and then opened another file and did not save my work can I retrieve it anywhere I have XP Office 2003 PLEASE HELP. Your work may not be lost. If all you did was open another file (and did not actually close the original file) you should be able to get to your work by going to Window and selecting the file name from the list of open workbooks at the bottom of the drop-down menu. -- HTH, Laura Cook Appleton, WI "Golferct" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5254F73E-3D97-473D-BC6E-DB147DC4F288@microsoft.com... > I just...

VBA code not working on other PC
I am using Excel 2003 and I have been using the VBA code below on my computer for a long time and find it extremely useful and which has never result in an error. A colleague asked if he could also have in on his computer and so I copied it over. The strange thing is it doesn't seem to work on his computer and I not sure why. I stops on the line 'Dim Result As New DataObject' that I have higlighted with the *********. and a dialogue box appears saying: Compile Error: User defined type not defined. Does anyone know the answer why it works on my PC and not on his? I...

can't send email, must authenticate
Help I have two email accounts with Charter Communications. I can't send email and get the following error message only on the one account: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com' on 11/28/2003 7:44 PM 473 xxx@xxxxxxx.com relaying prohibited. You should authenticate first Sending works fine on the other account. Both accts with charter. settings on both the same. tried setting authentication on the outgoing server and it doesn't help. Have cable connection and firewall. office XP and Win XP. have used for a long time n...

making a cell a link to another worksheet
hey there I was wondering how I can make a cell a link to another worksheet or make it open a new word doc or excel doc ? thanks You could use Insert|Hyperlink and follow the dialog from there. Simo Sentissi wrote: > > hey there > > I was wondering how I can make a cell a link to another > worksheet or make it open a new word doc or excel doc ? > > thanks -- Dave Peterson ...

Links from email not working
Hi Outlook 2002. When I click on a link in an email (such as a product link in Amazon newsletter) I get the message 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator'. This pc had opera and mozilla installed too but they have now been uninstalled and only Internet Explorer 7 is present. Thanks Regards John, you wrote on Sun, 30 Nov 2008 01:55:22 -0000: > This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on > this computer. Please contact your system administrator http://www.sli...

having a link within a link
Hi all- I'm new here and hope that someone will be able to help me with this. I am having an excel link problem. Here is the scenario in basic terms. I have one workbook, in the workbook i have 4 tabs labeled MASTER, SCENARIO 1, SCENARIO 2 and SCENARIO 3 Scenario's all have the same format but have many different numbers in them. The Master sheet has cells linked to scenario 1. A simple link on the Master sheet would show up as follows: ='scenario 1'!A1 which basically means that it is pulling from cell A1 on the scenario tab. Is it possible to have the "1&qu...

Send As not working after migrating to Exch2003
In Exch2000, Tech1 could send message as "Helpdesk mailbox". I moved Tech and Helpdesk mailboxes to Exchange 2003 last night. This morning, when Tech1 is logged on as Tech1 and attempts to send message "From:Helpdesk", he gets message "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user.". Then I go to to article below but that still doesn't work: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327174 Darn. It works. It took 2 hours for the permissions get replicated. "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmai...

tracking service tags and work orders
Hi, Is it possible to customize MSRMS to track service tags of equipment and then track work orders associated with working on those products? I don't want to re-invent the wheel if someone has already figured this out. Thanks, Doug Morton Mountain POS JD has done some developments for this. I suggest you contact him (jdyoung@digitalretailer.com ). Regards Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "Doug - Mountain POS" <DougMountainPOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B14D23C2-D447-4C2B-8804-3D80257EA2A7@microsoft...

Exhcange is not working after restore
Hello Friends Last friday, i restore my exchange database from backup to get rid of Transc log files and their also a database corruption errorin event logs. Every thing goes fine while restore process without any errors. After that on Tuesday,when user try to log into exchage using outlook and web access, they are reporting Missing Emails, Only headers are shown in OWA and schedule are not saved into Calander. Any idea what's going on with Exchange. or what i do wrong. Is their more steps to follow after Restore. No error is reported in Event Logs. Regards Guri Exactly how did ...

ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI doesnot work!
void CMapNavDoc::OnFileGg() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here m_bDataBackwardPlay ^= TRUE; } void CMapNavDoc::OnUpdateFileGg(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { // TODO: Add your command update UI handler code here if(m_bDataBackwardPlay) <--- Set breakpoint pCmdUI->SetCheck(1); else pCmdUI->SetCheck(0); } If I put a breakpoint in the handle, the execution stop only once when initialize. thx. On Sun, 8 May 2005 21:42:40 +0800, rtlinuxman wrote: > void CMapNavDoc::OnFileGg() > { > // TODO: Add your command handler code here > m_bDataBackwardPlay ^= TRUE; >...

"Work Offline" Menu Bar
Hello, With Outlook 2003, on the File Menu we have the "Work Offline" menu right above the "EXIT" menu. We all know how users are and sometime my users think they are seleting EXIT when indeed they selected "WORK OFFLINE" the next time they Open Outlook they think our Mail Server is Down, which it isn't just that they have "Work Offline" selected. I want to be able to do One of 2 things: 1. Remove the "Work Ofline" all together or 2. Move the "Work Offline" up a couple of places on the Menu Bar so it is not right ne...

POP3 still not working
On July 17, Outlook and Outlook Express lost the ability to download email messages. Repeated calls to support have yielded nothing but "we are working on it". For 6 weeks????? This is an email program!!! Mysteriously, I have seen little press about this outage, perhaps the largest in a software product's history. I understand OE is free, but Outlook is not. I have paid a lot of money for a product that is crippled, and am not convinced anything is being done to fix it. Way to go, Microsoft. Interesting - my Outlook has never stopped working. Way to go Microsoft. --�...

Help! send/receive button won't work
Hello, I have just reinstalled Outlook 2002 after uninstalling the evaluation version of Office 2003. When I click the send/receive button on the toolbar of Outlook I get a message in a popup outlook dialogue box "the operation failed". The history: I have just completed the evaluation of Office 2003. When I installed the evaluation version it overwrote outlook 2002 with ver. 2003. This did not happen with any of the other applications such as word, excel etc. In fact if I remember correctly at the time of installation it gave me the choice and I said I wanted access to O...

Cannot Read Saved Document from Works From Other Computer
I am trying to save Microsoft Works documents from my one computer which has a Windows ME operating system onto a disc that I can open on another computer which has a Windows XP operating system. When I try to open the files, I get an error message stating that Works cannot open the file, that it may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installation converters, or the file may be corrupt. I have tried renaming the file but this doesn't work. The file extension is already a .wps one so I don't think there is any conflict with the...