Email Formatting #2

One of the users in my small office has problems with the
email formatting in Outlook 2003.  Since we installed it
about 3 months ago, it has added question marks where
there had been none, it removes apostrophes, and adds in
extra spaces.  If she forwards the same message to
someone else in our office, the formatting looks fine.
What she has in her sent box looks fine.  It only seems
to be on the recieving end that there is a problem.  You
can see it when the person replies and includes the
originial message.  Does anyone have any suggestions
0
anonymous (74721)

it sounds like font substitution problems. Does it only happen with mail to
certain people and what mail client do they use?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"mc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of the users in my small office has problems with the
> email formatting in Outlook 2003.  Since we installed it
> about 3 months ago, it has added question marks where
> there had been none, it removes apostrophes, and adds in
> extra spaces.  If she forwards the same message to
> someone else in our office, the formatting looks fine.
> What she has in her sent box looks fine.  It only seems
> to be on the recieving end that there is a problem.  You
> can see it when the person replies and includes the
> originial message.  Does anyone have any suggestions

0
dianenws (1904)
9/15/2004 9:14:28 PM
Maybe a similar experience in my office. Her system is
using a Windows XP PRO SP1 updated except SP2 and Office
XP (Oulook 2002). It is not in a network. When she sends
or forward any message  (Word document with Word Arts or
some logos) inserted as text or copied from Word her
recipients receive moved objects, separated text content
from logos or word art contents at the Message Body.
Sometimes appear new signs or marks instead of true one
object in the original source of message.

Appreciate suggestions.

0
anonymous (74721)
9/16/2004 3:43:12 AM
A system using a Windows XP PRO SP1 updated except SP2 and
Office XP (Oulook 2002). Not networked. When it sends
or forward any message (Word document with text and Word
Arts or some logos all included) inserted as text or
copied from Word it moves objects, separates text content
from logos or word art contents at the Message Body and of
course our recipients receives all unformatted.
Sometimes appear new signs or marks instead of true one
object in the original source of message.

What I should change to keep the original source format.

Thanks in advance.

Guide)
>Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual
QuickStart Guide)

>Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:
http://www.slipstick.com
tips.net/

>Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in
the
>Slipstick Ratings Raffle at
http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

>"mc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> One of the users in my small office has problems with
the
>> email formatting in Outlook 2003.  Since we installed it
>> about 3 months ago, it has added question marks where
>> there had been none, it removes apostrophes, and adds in
>> extra spaces.  If she forwards the same message to
>> someone else in our office, the formatting looks fine.
>> What she has in her sent box looks fine.  It only seems
>> to be on the recieving end that there is a problem.  You
>> can see it when the person replies and includes the
>> originial message.  Does anyone have any suggestions
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
9/17/2004 5:37:10 AM
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:37:10 -0700, "Weird Zone"

>A system using a Windows XP PRO SP1 updated except SP2 and
>Office XP (Oulook 2002). Not networked. When it sends
>or forward any message (Word document with text and Word
>Arts or some logos all included) inserted as text or
>copied from Word it moves objects, separates text content
>from logos or word art contents at the Message Body and of
>course our recipients receives all unformatted.
>Sometimes appear new signs or marks instead of true one
>object in the original source of message.
>
>What I should change to keep the original source format.

Plain text cannot include the formatting that you desire. If you compose the
message using HTML instead of plain text OR attach your formatted document
to a new message, it will be sent formatted as you like.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>

Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
News Client (Text): Fort´┐Ż Agent 2.0   www.forteinc.com
News Client (Binaries): News Rover 9.2   www.newsrover.com

Deeply grateful=20

I will check it and post it later. Attached file are sent=20
with no distortion at all. Let me check the HTML way.

Regards,=20

and=20
>>Office XP (Oulook 2002). Not networked. When it sends=20
>>or forward any message (Word document with text and Word=20
>>Arts or some logos all included) inserted as text or=20
>>copied from Word it moves objects, separates text=20
content=20
>>from logos or word art contents at the Message Body and=20
of=20
>>course our recipients receives all unformatted.=20
>>Sometimes appear new signs or marks instead of true one=20
>>object in the original source of message.
>>
>>What I should change to keep the original source format.
>>
>Plain text cannot include the formatting that you desire.=20
If you compose the
>message using HTML instead of plain text OR attach your=20
formatted document
>to a new message, it will be sent formatted as you like.
>--=20
><<<SgtRich>>>
>
>Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
>News Client (Text): Fort=E9 Agent 2.0   www.forteinc.com
>News Client (Binaries): News Rover 9.2   www.newsrover.com
>
>.

0
anonymous (74721)

Can Recieve email but cannot send out
For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet connection, and can receive emails. I have tried disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any suggestions? are you getting any kind of error back? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cc5901c43909$3916a210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any > suggestions? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

HELP: Lost all my old emails
Hello, First there was the power failure. Then there was Windows XP recovery program (that ran automatically). Now, my desktop is blown away and all my Outlook emails and contacts are gone. Could these files be lurking in some obscure directory? Don't say search for dbx files. My computer doesn't have any. I'm running Windows XP media edition. Regards and thanks. do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for your personal address book. If those arent there.. You might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where they are backed up.. for just this re...

My date format will not work.
If I type a date, 02/28/05 in a cell, it changes to somthing like 06/02/1955. Even when I change the format, date, and change selections, 2/28/2005, or Monday, February 28, 2005. It will default back to some other month, date and year. I know that it worked correctly on Friday, 2/25/05, does anyone know of a bug or update that could have caused this problem? Thanks Hi what happens if you use the short-cut key combination of control & semi-colon (;) to input the current date? Cheers JulieD "LJfeild" <LJfeild@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEA4F...

outlook email questionaire
I want to send an email to clients that has a questionaire on it with text answers. I want them to be able to answer the questions and then click a button at the bottom of the page that will send it directly to my email without them having to enter my address. How do I do this? Well, i's possible to do what you want (mail a form to someone that's editable on the receiving end and runs code to send mail when done) but is not easy. Check out www. outlookcode.com for some ideas on how to approach this. If you are not using an exchange server, I'd recommend using Form Regions...

Email
I have created a simple Access database that our HR department will use to input demographic information on a new employee, as well as what software, access, etc. a new employee will need. Again, it is VERY simple, but what I can't figure out is how to create a button that the HR staff can click on and the file, with all the information, is emailed to our IS department. Can this be done? You can setup a report to based on your current record and email it using SendObject or using Outlook automation. This does require a minimal amount of VBA programming in either case. If you sear...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

Office 12.2.4 update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I downloaded the 12.2.4 update and attempted to install. I recieved an error message that I needed to turn off &quot;Miscorsoft sync services&quot; in order to finish the install. I can't figure out how to do that. I had to force quite the installer. What do I do? On 3/12/10 8:20 PM, dhannula@officeformac.com wrote: > I downloaded the 12.2.4 update and attempted to install. I recieved an > error message that I needed to turn off "Miscorsoft sync services" in > order to finish t...

message size limit #2
What is the default message size limit and where do I go to change it. I have a user that is trying to send an 11m file and can not due to the size limitation. I have tried to set the user to be able to send up to 20m but no luck. Thanks ...

email addresses in memory
An outlook 2003 user states that when sending out an email and when they type in a letter in the "to" area the email addresses that were in memory when you type a letter or name are gone. They said they didn't do anything different. The addresses are in the contact list but there is nothing in memory so you have to type the whole address in. Is this possible or can address in memory be deleted or removed? They are stored in the *.nk2 file located in Docs&Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (by default) You dont have to type the address in, just click the &...

Condtional formatting
Is there a way to change the color of a cell if the cell contains text? thanks -- thomp Use T(ref) and whether or not the result is "" ThomP wrote: > Is there a way to change the color of a cell if the cell contains text? > > thanks Could explian further? If cell A1 has "thom" in it, how do we make it highlight yellow? -- thomp "Bob I" wrote: > Use T(ref) and whether or not the result is "" > > ThomP wrote: > > > Is there a way to change the color of a cell if the cell contains text? > > > > thanks &...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Line Spacing #2
How do I vary line spacing within a Cel? Bernie Beal. Hi Bernie, Varying line spacing within a cell can be done by hitting the Alt key followed by the Enter key within the cell to force a wrap around of text in that cell. To add more free lines, just keep hitting Alt- Enter. Hope that helps. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Kim Hartnet www.excelwell-excel-templates.110mb.com "The best place on the net for free & inexpensive Excel templates, macros and spreadsheets" ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~...

Korean email
I can type and send Korean characters in emails but cannot receive them in Outlook 2003. Any help? ...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Instant search of emails (10,000) fails
Failure of instant search requires reboot befor resolving for search or two and again fails ...

How do I Full screen an Email???
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body Craig <cb3_3@hotmail.com> wrote: > I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in > a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like > I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in > Word or Excel & us...

Emails not leaving outbox
Hi all - I am having what seems to be a common problem, but all of the suggested fixes I found did not work. I have set up SQLServer to use MAPI to email notifications. I have Outlook 2000 installed and configured and working. The SQLServer notifications part isworking too. The only thing I can't figure out is the emails never leave the outbox until I start Outlook and click Send/Receive. Then they are all sent fine. I read some articles mentioning MAPISP32, which appears to be the culprit. From what I see it's supposed to spool emails that are in the Outlook outbox. I found after I ...

Missing text in email
I recently installed Exchange 2003. From time to time when my users send email outside the company there messages are missing text upon arrival. The text missing could be two sentences at the end of a paragraph and the next one starts okay, or it could be a very words missing here and that. Any ideas of this Michelle P. Michelle: I know you have probably thought about this already, but do you have any type of content inspection system installed on your Exchange server? Or anything installed that stamps a message disclaimer on the message. Is the message changed by the clien...

Code #2
The following code works well, however how can I change this to run with a command button. Also is there any way I could delete some columns from the sheets as well. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim wb As Workbook 'copy all sheets Worksheets.Copy Set wb = ActiveWorkbook Application.DisplayAlerts = False 'delete the sheets you want wb.Sheets(Array("Suspense", "RCA exc RIM", "Operations summary", "RCA incl RIM", "First Qtr", "Second Qtr", "Third Qtr", "Fourth Qtr")).Delete Application.DisplayAlerts = Tr...

email forwarding to my other email
I have two email accounts. One I use for work and the other for personal. For some reason, my personal email is being forwarded to my work email. I don't know why and how do I stop it....? Are these POP3 accounts? Has it ever worked? Are they separate accounts, or addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? Does your personal e-mail show in both places, or is it going to your work only? Any rules set up in WinMail, or on the server's Website? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "az otr" <az otr@disc...

Answering a mail #2
Hello all. (OutLook 2007 fr) When answering a mail, the initial mail sometimes appears with a blue line on the left. I should like to get rid of it, mainly to insert my own text. How to perform it ? Thanks in advance.. Daniel that means its HTML formatted - only plain text can use a character like > for identifying quoted messages. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@...

question about grouping the emails.
Hi, I am signed-up to a discussion group and i get question about a prob and also solutions as a reply. i am grouping the e-mails by subject, For example... subject: "problem with ABCDE" in reply the subject will be "RE: problem with ABCDE" now Outlook2003 is grouping these two into seperate groups and if there is a reply with subject "RE:RE: problem with ABCDE" it groups that seperately. i want to group the replies also into the same group. the reply to the emails are grouped seperately. i want to have an exception in the grouping saying to ignore the word...

Outlook Client
Hi all, In the web client there is an email icon available from the views which allows you to send a direct email to the selected records in the view. Does anyone know if there is any way to call this from the Outlook client. Appreciate it :) cheers Nathan Hi, I'm afraid I can't help you out on this one. But I found that it's not only the icon missing in the Outlook client, but as soon as the Outlook client is active, the icon disappears in the Webclient also. This seems the same issue to me as the settings button disappearing when the Outlook client is active, wh...

Not receiving emails
I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. Pam C wrote: > I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try > to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I > enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly > terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? > I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. This is an is...

Hyperlinks blocked within email messages
Suddenly I can't open any links from within received messages. I receive the following error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." "System administrator" would be me. This is a standalone computer connected via a Linksys router to a cable modem. There's no domain involved and there are two Users (both administrators) set up, only one of which has the problem. I'm using Outlook 2007 under Vista Ultimate and this has only started happening in the last week...