Eliminate File -> Print in Outlook?

Is there anyway to disable printing in Outlook 2003 or newer?  Social
engineering has failed and my users still insist on printing nearly every
email they receive.

Thank you,

Ohio

0
Ascent1 (14)

I guess you can't cut the printer cable? <g>

What you need to do is remove the command via policy.

try the ork -
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA101494521033.aspx - specifically
policy templates:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/results.aspx?qu=adm&av=ORK110
http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=1507 has code to show the
command id's.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Ascnet" <Ascent@spamisbad.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to disable printing in Outlook 2003 or newer?  Social
> engineering has failed and my users still insist on printing nearly every
> email they receive.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ohio

0
outlookmvp1 (464)

JPG Files #2
Just installed Outlook 2003. Can no longer view jpg files...either those sent to me or ones I try and attach??? Have cleaned out my temp internet files...hELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Thx Make sure you have a default program set for opening jpg-files. Rightclick the file from within Windows Explorer nd choose Open With... and make sure you select to always open that file with the selected program You probably had set Microsoft Photo Handler as thedefault program which has been replaced by Picture Manager. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Cre...

How to distinguish between binary and ASCII file on file opening?
I am writing an applicatioin that will need to distinguish between binary and ASCII file to be loaded from hard disk so that different processing is applied to different type of file. Is there any simple way to identify the type of file during the file opening process? Thank you. CFF You should analyse the ending of the file, mostly this will give you a hint. Bernhard CFF wrote: > I am writing an applicatioin that will need to distinguish between > binary and ASCII file to be loaded from hard disk so that different > processing is applied to different type of file. > > Is...

SLOW to open Outlook
Client: Outlook 2002, sp2 which is running on XP-Pro Server: Exchange 2000, sp3 which is running on 2000 Server Client machine takes VERY long time to bring-up Outlook after initial boot-up. Boot-up is fine for logging onto network, but when user tries to open Outlook, it takes 10- 30 minutes to open the application and her PC is locked-up until Outlook finally opens. It seems to be faster if she logs-on before/after the rush of incoming employees at open of business. Client is responsible for scheduling for CEO as well as scheduling for 2 conference rooms. Client uses Outlook to o...

Best wa to Read, Write/Create XML-Files
Hello, I have to solve the following task: - create an editor-application in c# to read, modify and create xml-files - .xsd-schema-file is available and can be used Currently, I am thinking of the following way to do the job: - use xsd.exe to create basic c#-classes from xsd.file (modify these classes according to my particular needs) - read xml-file and create according object-hyrarchie with the classes (READ) - serialize the classes to create xml-file (WRITE) Is this a good way to do the job? Do you have better suggestions? Is it necessary to create static classes from the xsd-file (us...

Converting CSV to TAB file
Hi ALL Trying hard to convert csv to tab delimited file using power shell 2.0. Based on what I read this command should work. It however doesn't work for me. It actually puts 't instead of tabbed space for the comma. { $_ -replace ",","`t"} Also, not seeing -delimiter option in export-csv which might do the trick as I read somewhere. Thanks in Advance for any suggestions. Sunil Try import-csv data.csv | export-csv datatabbed.csv -delimiter "`t" - Larry On 5/5/2010 4:21 PM, Sgupta wrote: > Hi ALL > ...

Mail icon on taskbar in Outlook 2000
A user right clicked on the mail icon on the taskbar and disabled it and wants it back. In Outlook 2003 there is an option to add it back, I didn't see anything in Outlook 2000. Does anyone know how I would do this? I am thinking a reinstall/repair might do the trick but I was thinking there might be something else. Thanks ...

Double-clicking opens a .tmp file
When I open a PPT 2007 file by double-clicking on it, it opens it as a .ppt temp file in (Compatibility Mode). Why? But if I do a "file open", it opens the 2007 files properly (as .pptx, i.e. 2007 files). Is there a preference I can set to fix that? -- Marc In article <3DAB6807-483E-4F10-9EB9-47C5C5BDECC5@microsoft.com>, Marcus Analyst wrote: > When I open a PPT 2007 file by double-clicking on it, it opens it as a .ppt > temp file in (Compatibility Mode). > > Why? But if I do a "file open", it opens the 2007 files properly (as .pp...

Create a PDF file fromt a workbook file
Hello, I need to create a pdf file from a workbook file using code. I know how to do it by printing to PDFWriter or Distiller, but I was hoping there is a simpler way. I noticed that the Acrobat installer added a button to the Excel commandbar for converting to PDF. I tried recording a macro while doing a conversion, but there was nothing in the macro so I guess Adobe is using one of their PlugIns, as usual. Any help would be appreciated. Ragnar On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:05:06 -0500, "Ragnar Midtskogen" <ragnar_ng@optonline.net> wrote: >Hello, > >I need to creat...

Eliminate unused columns
I have a table of columns of data per week, which I convert to a table of columns of data per month. This leaves 3 or 4 blank columns between the months. Is there a simple way to consolidate the month columns into a contiguous region, eliminating the unused columns between the month columns? Or... is there a smarter way to do the conversion than sum across an fill down? One approach is to use a macro: if your empty columns are completely empty you could use this macro. Hit Alt-F11, Click Insert/Module (check the project window to make sure your workbook is the active project before...

outlook express #25
When OE loads I get an error message reading "the address book failed to load. Outlook Express is incorrectly configured, please re-install". When I click OK it brings me into OE but I am unable to compose new mail. The error message "There was an error opening this message. An error has occured" appears. I am also unable to access my address book, "Unable to open address book. The error message "The address book may not be installed properly" appears. I have removed OE and re-installed with no change. Any suggestions? http://support.microsoft.com...

working with temporary working files..
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help ...

Outlook send problem
Outlook 2002, Win 2000. Suddenly, my Outlook will not send any messages. I deleted my email account & set it up again. When I hit "test account settings" it does everything correctly and sends the test message successfully. But then I go in and send a message and it sits in the outbox, then returns a message that it has timed out waiting for a response from the smtp server. Any ideas? Thanks so much. Hi Loy, maybe in this two articles is your answer http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836562 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302357 "Loy Mil...

Money 2005 "additional progam files are being downloaded"...NOT
I keep getting this message every time I launch money (even after leaving Money up and running overnight on my cable modem). I cannot get into my investment details because Money complains that additional modules are being downloaded. Anybody else seeing this, or have a workaround? suzy What is the patch level on your money 2005? Got to Help About and the last three digits of my version following the download is .825 suzy c wrote: > I keep getting this message every time I launch money (even after > leaving Money up and running overnight on my cable modem). > > I cannot ge...

Problem with file links changing
Good day all. Excel 2007. I have a number of workbooks in memory some having file links referencing a data file also in memory. I have code which firstly saves the current data file (constantly updating) at month end run and then "Saves As" to another directory with a different file name. It then closes the new file and re-opens the original so that processing can continue for the new month. However, my problem is that all files with links to the original data file have now changed to reference the Saved As file!! e.g. VLookup and HLookup. I have tried various avenues ...

Eudora 7 to Outlook 2007 conversion

Date Elimination
I have a worksheet with mainly dates in column A in the format of '25 Aug 2008'. Is it possible with a macro or similar to delete lines beyond a certain date (2 years hence)? Basically, I'm not interested in data more than 2 years old. This would eliminate a lot of data and make for a more viewable worksheet. try this Sub del_date() ActiveCell.Range("A1").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value =3D "" dt =3D Date - 730 If ActiveCell.Value <=3D dt Then ActiveCell.ClearContents ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select Else ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select End If Loop End ...

PDF and Outlook Functionality
First off thank you for taking the time to look at my question and any answers you may have to assist. GP is accessed via terminal server from each client machine. On all machines, outlook is installed locally, but not on the terminal server (win2k3). In order for Outlook to populate the inbox information on the home screen area within GP and to use functions such as "send to" when printing to screen output, does Outlook need to be installed on the terminal server? -My second question is, would this have to work the same way with our Acrobat writer? Does Acrobat need to be installe...

Outlook XP runs in background??
My Outlook seems to have a tray icon show up every now and then - even though I don't have it open? How can I shut it down? JDS Something is keeping it open - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.htm for ideas. You'll want to install http://www.sunflowerhead.com/software/knockout so you can easily see if it's running and force it closed, until you identify the culprit. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickSta...

eliminating duplicates
I need to elimnate duplicates the following script. I believe what is creating the duplicates is the provcont table, there are different provcont ids for each record. Thanks in advance. SELECT PROVCONT.C_FAX, PROVIDER.NAME, PROVIDER.PROV_PATH, PROVIDER.PROV_ID, PROVSTAT.STATUS, PSTATUS.DESCRIPT, PROVCONT.CONTAC_ID FROM PROVCONT INNER JOIN PROVIDER ON PROVCONT.PROV_ID = PROVIDER.PROV_ID INNER JOIN PROVSTAT ON PROVIDER.PROV_ID = PROVSTAT.PROV_ID INNER JOIN PSTATUS ON PROVSTAT.STATUS = PSTATUS.STATUS WHERE (PROVIDER.PROV_PATH = 2) AND ...

Outlook appointments are messed up
I have several users on my network (not all) that are having problems with their calendar. All of a sudden, appointments are missing, several appointments have been moved to a single day and stack on top of each other, several "all day" events are missing. One user logged on to her Outlook and all reminders came up for the entire year. About 50 of them. What would have caused this? A virus possibly? Is there a way to recover without doing a restore from backup? Thanks, Greg gregb369 wrote: > I have several users on my network (not all) that are having problems > with ...

eliminate duplicates
I have a table with 7 different columns of team members on different teams. I need a count of all team members. How do I query seven different columns and eliminate dups? You've discovered yet another problem with denormalized tables. If you have 7 different columns, each containing the same basic information, you have a repeating group. If you can't go back and redesign your tables, the easiest approach would be to create a UNION query that normalizes the data so that it's in only 1 column: SELECT Member1 AS Member FROM MyTable UNION SELECT Member2 AS Member FROM MyTabl...

outlook freezes on start up
Whenever I try to start outlook, it locks up the computer. This started happening recently, after several years of no problems. Any ideas? Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. --� Milly St...

How to add DefaultInstall to inf file
The CDM drivers from FTDI: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%202.06.00%20WHQL%20Certified.zip do not have DefaultInstall section in its inf files. So you cannot install the driver with right-click Install. That's the way I've been using to pre-install the driver from InstallShield. I tried to add the DefaultInstall to ftdibus.inf myself, but nothing happens. I had some success with ftdiport.inf, but I actually need ftdibus.inf. Can anyone help me with modification? Here is what I added: [DefaultInstall.NT] CopyFile=FtdiBus.NT.Copy,FtdiBus.NT.Copy2,FtdiBus.Inf ...

Outlook Contact Sync
I have the default view set to Active Contacts and that works great, but I need all of my users to be able to sync the Active Contacts to their Outlook Contacts for use offline or setup another contact folder with the Active Contacts. How can you do either? Thanks. Hello, go to menue Outlook-> CRM-> local Data... and set a new Item with all Contacts. "brdowns" wrote: > I have the default view set to Active Contacts and that works great, but I > need all of my users to be able to sync the Active Contacts to their Outlook > Contacts for use offline or setup an...

importing excel files into outlook 2007
I did an import and it worked perfectly. I tried to ddo a second, and am receiving a message that - an error occuredwhile importing or exporting and the import/export was terminated. MAPI error 0x80070057 was reported. please try again. I have rebuild the file, changes names and still receive the same message. I looked on ms faq but can't find how to fix the problem. Can anyone help. Thanks Dick Take a look at both of these sights... http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-854669.php http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329295/EN-US/ Anvil22 wrote: >I did...