Electronic Mail Merge

Is anyone familar with electronic mail merges (i.e, sending out
personalized emails to a group of people from a list of email
addresses and names)?  We are trying to send out electronic receipts
instead of paper receipts this year for registration to the Charleston
Conference.  We use Mozilla's Thunderbird for the Mac, however if the
situation calls for it we are willing to use another OS and/or email
client program.

It's very annoying to know that spammers use this tool very
frequently, yet it seems impossible to research into when it'd save us
a lot of money.  Thanks!

-Bo
aeneaslxi@yahoo.es
0
aeneaslxi (1)

This newsgroup is Outlook-centric, and based on the PC version as well
(there is a separate group for Outlook for the Mac).  Do you have MS Office
installed?  If so, and you want to try to use that for the mail merge, look
at the following pages for further information:

http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/startletter.htm
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:9241946c.0407130704.6258930c@posting.google.com,
Bo wrote:

> Is anyone familar with electronic mail merges (i.e, sending out
> personalized emails to a group of people from a list of email
> addresses and names)?  We are trying to send out electronic receipts
> instead of paper receipts this year for registration to the Charleston
> Conference.  We use Mozilla's Thunderbird for the Mac, however if the
> situation calls for it we are willing to use another OS and/or email
> client program.
>
> It's very annoying to know that spammers use this tool very
> frequently, yet it seems impossible to research into when it'd save us
> a lot of money.  Thanks!
>
> -Bo
> aeneaslxi@yahoo.es

Additional Attachments on E-mail mailshots
I have prepared an e-mail mailshot on Publisher, but when mailed to some e-mail addresses (eg Hotmail) it appears with all of the images, backgrounds etc as attachments (25 at the last count). I've eliminated a few of these by using the Design Checker feature. Anyone any ideas as to how I avoid the rest. I don't think my customers will be too pleased with loads of attachments. Send the publication as a PDF. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here often. If you have 2007 Microsoft has a save as PDF converter: https://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

Bare LF:s in mail...
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have problems in sending mail to certain receivers. I get tha message that the mail was stopped because it contained bare LF:s. <br> This is very disturbing. how do I fix this? GoranS@officeformac.com wrote: > I have problems in sending mail to certain receivers. I get tha > message that the mail was stopped because it contained bare LF:s. > This is very disturbing. how do I fix this? This is not normal message. It is coming from your Exchange Server, not En...

Mass "Undeliverable Mail" emails from postmaster?
I receive hundreds of "Undeliverable Mail" emails from the postmaster of our domain. I also get them from recipients of email that has been sent from some unknown sender and sometimes my email address. They tell me that I have sent them a virus within the email--which they have blocked. Some of them do not even have my email address as the sender. Neither the recipient 'nor' the 'sender' addresses are in anyones contact lists on our network. We are running a windows 2000 server using a cisco 2500 router. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds... Pro...

Print E-mail to show attachments
Is there a setting to make Outlook include a list of the attachments? One of the guys here wants to know how he can print his e-mail with the names off the attachments that are included with it. He show me some that did print it before. I can't find any option to do this. ...

mail merging to Publisher from excel
I am trying mail merge information from Excel into Publisher. I get a message that reads: "The data source you have chosen contains more than one worksheet or table. Please enter the name of the worksheet or table that contains the information you want to merge." I have tried to the worksheet name that appears on the title bar. Didn't work. I tried typing Sheet 1. Didn't work Help I'm bushed - and a bit brain fried today so what I would do would be to save another copy of the Excel file as a different name, delete the unwanted worksheets, and try importing ...

changing the from e-mail address
Hi there, is anybody aware of a way to configure a CRM user so that CRM e-mail sent from the SFO client would show a different e-mail address in the "from" field (support@somewhere.com instead of the real e-mail address of the user) so that replies to such e-mails would go to the support mail box? Thanks, Sergei ...

Help... e-mail Can't sent to Exchange Server 2003(STD)
I am IT Administrator of a company, I have 1 Exchange Server 2003(STD) on Windows SErver 2003(STD). my users complaint that their friends/suppliers/customers can't sent mail to us, the e-mail is bounced back... i get 3 bounce back message from them... Yahoo.com Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out. <username@company.net.my>: Sorry, I couldn't find a mail exchanger or IP address. (#5.4.4) Our Vendor at Japa...

some mails are unable to autoforward to a contact
Hello, I have a recipeint who mailbox account is configured with autoforward to a contact(External email address). All the mails sent to the recipeint from the members in the same organisation are autoforwarded to the contact.But the external mails from Internet which are sent to the recipient are not autoforwarded to the contact. Please let me know your views on this issue. Thanks Vinod Kumar In ESM, under Global Settings, Internet Message Formats, Default properties, Advanced, "Allow automatic forward". Vinod wrote: > Hello, > > I have a recipeint who mailbox acc...

e-mail body not appearing
I'm using Outlook Express 6. Recently I can't see the body of the e-mail. If I look at the properties and click on the message source, I can see the message. Any thoughts on what it could be? Thanks, Gary ...

Pasting into merged cells
I have a merged cell in which I want to paste text from another cell. Every time I try get an error message saying that the cellsI have to unmerge the merged cells first, paste, and them remerge. Is there any way to avoid doing this? It is a real pain. If you copy only the text from the formula bar of the first cell you can paste it into the formula bar of the second cell without going throught the unmerge dance. Alternately you could just put a formula in the merged cell referencing the cell you want to copy from. You can than Copy-PasteSpecial-Values in the merged ...

Can I configure Exchange to block ESMTP mail from header according to provided credentials?
Hi all, We have a running MS Exchange 2003. Some of our users prefer to use mail clients that use (E)SMTP to send email. However, we have found no way configure Exchange in a way that if the client connects using user A, he/she can't impersonate user B (unless A is a delegate of B). Is this possible at all? Best regards, Manuel. A weakness inherent to SMTP protocol. BTW, are the clients authenticating? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <mva.led@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Outlook express mail
Is there a way to channel incoming mail for 3 different users into their respective mail folders with their name on them in the left column under "Folders. As it is all mail comes in mixed together in the "In box" and I have to separate and move them to the right folder. George Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideo...

E-mail attachment too large
I attached too many photos to an e-mail and Outlook cannot send it, but keeps trying; the e-mail is "stuck" in the Outbox and will not let me delete it. How do I delete this e-mail? shotgunner wrote: > I attached too many photos to an e-mail and Outlook cannot send it, but keeps > trying; the e-mail is "stuck" in the Outbox and will not let me delete it. > How do I delete this e-mail? Delete an item stuck in the Outbox folder: - Load Outlook. - Put Outlook in offline mode (File -> Work Offline: enable). - Exit Outlook. - Load Outlook in its...

Compare and Merge Two different CRM Instances
We have two different CRM environments that we want to merge into one. My first step was to try and compare the different instances to see what the different were between them. I exported all of the customizations from each and performed a diff. Yuck. Since the customizations don't export the elements in the same order it looks like their are over 7,000 differences between the two files. Reality says that at best there may be 50-100. Is there any way to get these to output in the same order so that I can get a more realistic diff between them? The only other thought I have at this po...

Got returned mails while send mails to a outside DL which include our local mail addresses.
Hi, Got returned mails while send mails to a outside DL which include our local mail addresses. We meet such problem,but don't know how to resolve it. The below is the detail: We have a local mail system based on iMail system;On another side,the mail system is based on Exchange system.On this Exchange system,there're several DLs,which include some our local email addresses. While we send mails to these DLs,we often got such returned mails: The returned mails' content is: From: postmaster@us.com [mailto:postmaster@us.com] Sent: 2006.4.11. 12:08 To: xxx@xx.local.com Subject: D...

Can't receive mail 05-04-10
I can't receive mail but I can send mail. When I select send/receive button a window pops up with an error message saying: Account: 'mail.valleyhomeloans.com', Server: 'mail.valleyhomeloans.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization first', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 I am not sure what is wrong I have not changed my settign and my mail was working fine friday before i left work --Lourdes Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log...

CHelp! Cannot drop a merge push subscription
I have inherited a subscription to a remote database that is no longer required. Turns out the remote server has been decommisioned but I still cannot delete the local subscription in SSMS. When I try to delete it, I get - "Invalid object name sysmergearticles." How can I make this orphaned subscription disappear from SSMS? Thanks ...

Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to
How to set-up next feature Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) Ed I have not seen an auto-response feature in CRM. "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bac01c3b4e3$2ca0d6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How to set-up next feature > Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to > customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) > ...

Merge Mail Template for Custom Made Entities
Hi All, I am trying to create a new template for a new object I have created in the system (it is a 1:N entity linked to the accounts). The problem is that I can not find a way to see list of attributes defined under the new object to insert them in the template. Any help is appreciated. Shayan The fields that you get in the mail merge are driven by the data fields selected in the mail merge tempalate record. try setting the fields by opening the mail merge template detail page and click "Data fields" button to select the fields. "Shayan" wrote: > Hi All, ...

Mail to Hotmail intermittently rejected
My brother has a Hotmail account, and suddenly some of my EMails to him from my Yahoo account are being rejected saying that complaints have been received regarding mail from my IP. He's the only person with a Hotmail account I exchange mail with, and he assures me he hasn't complained. My replies to the rejection notices are naturally ignored. This just started last night, and doesn'thappen every time. Any suggestions, anyone? On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:01:28 -0700, Tom Ponta wrote: > My brother has a Hotmail account, and suddenly some of my EMails to him from ...

why does Outlook ignore my default mail client?
I have a new computer and am moving from Office 2000. I've set up my emial accounts, including the default acct, and Outlook keeps messaging that there are no default mail clients. when I manually run send/receive, they work fine. What's wrong? What operating system? If Vista, look here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm Does Outlook work on Vista? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Still Cadillac...

Different e-mail accounts
Hi, I have a user who does have configured several e-mail accounts in Outlook (one exchange account to that the CRM is configured and some other webmail accounts such as bellsouth, compuserve ...). I'm not sure if this configuration can affect the functionality of the SFO. Does anybody have experices in this field? Thanks, Marlen The impact on the CRM system is that you will have defined the email address for the user (as you defined in the crm user record). The user can still have 'many' Outlook accounts, and can 'promote' the emails from all their email addresses...

Can't send e-mails (most likely different problem than the other one)
It won't let me send e-mails: ...reported error (0x800CCC0F): the connection to the server was interrupted... and when I do "Test Account Settings": ...Outlook could not logon to the outgoing mail server (SMPT). The problem could be the server name... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

kan niet meer antwoorden op mail via outlook 2000
Wij maken gebruik van een exchange server 2003 en outlook 2000 als client. 1 gebruiker heeft volgend probleem : Als hij wenst te antwoorden op een ontvangen mail, dan kan hij slechts 1 teken invoeren. Dit teken wordt vervangen door een tilde (~) teken. Daarna kan niets meer worden ingetikt. Ontvangen van mail = geen probleem. Versturen van nieuwe mail = geen probleem. Die gebruiker werkt wel steeds via een terminal server sessie. Heeft iemand dit al voorgehad ? Hi mrt Wie kan de net helpen, du must de frage in de dutch newsgroup fragen: news:microsoft.public.nl.office.outlook This is ...

Mail from Windows Mail contact keeps going to Junk E-mail
How do I stop this? The contact is saved to My Contacts, but his mail keeps going to Junk bin. I have Windows Vista, and the Mail version is 6.0.6 Tools | Junk E-mail Options. Check your settings and the Blocked Senders list. Also check any rules you may have. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "communichi" <communichi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43C09F55-3EAB-46A5-8550-406E472A3A89@microsoft.com... > How do I stop this? The contact is saved to My Contacts, but his mail > keeps > going...