Electronic Date Stamp

Is there a way to auotmatically insert into an E-Mail the
date and/or time it was opened by me?
0
anonymous (74717)

Date Format
I'd like to create my own Date / Time format. The Excel Equivalent is MMM-YYYY (Mar-2010). How can I change/create a new date format that will be displayed MMM-YYYY? I want to be able to query this table and run criteria based on the date. Thanks. (B^>)-]=[ You can create a custom display format for date that looks like "MMM-YYYY" .... but if your underlying data is a date/time field, you will still be storing a date/time value. Mar-2010 is not a date. If you are trying to create a query that requires selection criteria in that format, why? Is...

black out dates on a yearly calendar
I am creating a yearly calendar for group members and we do not meet on certain dates. How can I cross out or eliminate these dates on this calendar. Thanks, Connie conniejo wrote: > I am creating a yearly calendar for group members and we do not meet > on certain dates. How can I cross out or eliminate these dates on > this calendar. Thanks, Connie ================================== Have a look at your collection of AutoShapes... I suspect you can find something appropriate. You'll find the AutoShapes option on your Objects Toolbar. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! MVP ...

change default date format
Is there a way to change the default date format in Excel from the "short date" to a "long date" format permanently. Rightclick on the cell you want to change Format Cells - under the Number tab - Catagory - Date Then just choose the date style you want -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

looking for a date
i need a formula to display a date from a row of cells on a seperate page. it needs to ignor all other dates except the last one in the row id appreciate help Hi Rich With your dates in Sheet1 row 1 =TEXT(LOOKUP(9^99,Sheet1!$1:$1),"dd mmm yyyy") Change the Sheet location and row to suit, and choose whatever date format you want between the quotes -- Regards Roger Govier "Richdg" <Richdg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5A0C868-29A7-4013-A7C3-72B28C270F9A@microsoft.com... > i need a formula to display a date from a row of cells on a seperat...

Excel 2000
How do I sort dates in a column, as no matter what I try nothing chnages in either ascending or descending order. TIA Are you selecting the area where the data is before you try sorting it? "h" <henryn@gri.co.uk> wrote in message news:0d7601c3722f$64ef4e60$a601280a@phx.gbl... : How do I sort dates in a column, as no matter what I try : nothing chnages in either ascending or descending order. : TIA ...

Query for most recent date
I'm trying to pull the most recent versions of data from a history table. Each row contains the item being modified, the date the change was made, what the change was, and which user made it. For each item being modified I want the most recent change, if I only have the itemID and DateChanged columns in the query I can do it by enabling the Total row in the query builder, and set the itemID to groupby and dateChanged to Max. I also want to show the changeTypeID and UserID fields for the change identified by the previous two fields, but none of the options in the Total dropdown appear ...

Electronic Date Stamp
Is there a way to auotmatically insert into an E-Mail the date and/or time it was opened by me? ...

Number of months between two dates?
I can't see a formula that calculates the # of months between two dates. I know that by subtracting the two dates I can get the # of days. Am I overlooking the formula or does anyone know of an easy way to calculate the # of months between two dates? I can conceive of a way that first calculate the number of years, then the number of remaining months, but that is rather cumbersome, I think, so I'm hoping for an easier solution. Thanks hi, =((YEAR(B1-A1)-1900)*12-1)+(MONTH(B1-A1)) format standard -- isabelle isabelle wrote: > hi, > > =((YEAR(B1-A1)-1900)*12-1)+(MO...

Formatting date fields
I could not seem to find the format syntax. I want to format a date field to display '------' when there is no date to print in a record. Can this be done? If no-one has a better suggestion then you can create a second field in your query with iif(IsNull(MyDate),Format(MyDate,"dd/mm/yy"),"----"). Show this field for display purposes and keep the real field for sorting and calculations. Evi "BobC" <Bob.NoSpammm@cox.net> wrote in message news:Kslzj.16736$097.15342@newsfe21.lga... > I could not seem to find the format syntax. > I want to format ...

Important Dates
Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G RAM. I can't get the Important Dates Item to show up on my Home Page. I shows up on the Customize your Home Page screen, but not on the Home Page itself. Have removed, saved the file and added it back to the Customize screen. Have removed all other items and then Home Page says there are no content on your Home Page. I set up a test date with tomorrow as the selected date, but it still does appear. Is this a bug or am I missing something? -- Peace, BobJ ...

Insert date at cursor location
Hi, Once, I had a macro to inert the current date anywhere in the notes field of an open item. That macro has ... gone with the wind. I recreated: ===================================== Sub DateInsert() Dim myOlApp As New Outlook.Application Dim myItem As Object Set myItem = myOlApp.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem myItem.Body = Date & vbCr & myItem.Body Set myItem = Nothing Set myOlApp = Nothing End Sub ===================================== It works but, of course, inserts the date on top of any text. What to write to make the time stamp appear at the cursor? Many thanks, ...

electronic licence
Hi, Is it possible to purchase a windows vista home basic product key on line? I'd like to validate an illegal installation (inherited). Couldn't see the facility on the MS web site. Or would I be better just to go to the store and buy the package (solely for the product key) Thanks!! Jim It is the same if buying on line or going to the store. Better to buy the media with the license and install the purchased media after removing the pirated version -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not an...

Date Stamp
I've used this Macro and need to tweak it: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(Range("a10"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Application.EnableEvents = False With Me.Range("b10") .NumberFormat = "dd mmm yyyy" .Value = Now End With Application.EnableEvents = True End If End With End Sub This macro stamps B10 if something is entered in A10 but I also want this t...

Locking electronic worksheets
I made Electronic worksheets with form fields for the answers on the old Office. I could lock the worksheets rights next to where i could put the porm field in. How can i lock them on the new version? The best method is to add the Lock button to the Quick Access Toolbar. Right-click on the toolbar and choose Customize. In the dialog, set the category to All Commands. Scroll down and click on the Lock command, then click the Add button in the middle of the dialog, and click OK. You only have to do this once. From now on, lock and unlock the form by just clicking once on the Lock but...

Slow Excel graph with date axis
I've just created a simple chart in Excel 2007 SP2 with five columns and over 12k rows. In the first row is set the date and in die second to fifth row are stored data like this: 12.01.10 3434 3474 3734 3434 12.01.10 3413 3434 3458 3474 13.01.10 3534 3462 3432 3494 13.01.10 3437 3454 3434 3534 If I mark the data and add a simple line graph, the Excel is going to be very slow... You've to wait a minute till the graph is displayed. As soon as I switch the x-axis type from date (automatically) to text the Excel is running fast. In Excel 2000 I do not have this Problem....

extract year from Date Value
Good morning, Could someone help me extract the year portion from a date value such as this 11/20/2009? Thanks in advance, Mike With the Date in A1, place =YEAR(A1) in B1 Takeadoe wrote: > Good morning, > > Could someone help me extract the year portion from a date value such > as this 11/20/2009? > > Thanks in advance, > > Mike ...

How many quarters between two dates?
Hi Everyone! Got a date question for you. I was wondering if anyone knew of formula where I could do the following: Withing a column, find the oldest date, and the most recent dat listed. Then, find out how many quarters (three months) fell betwee those dates. Anyone know?? Any help is of course greatly appreciated. Thanks! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try: =DATEDIF(MIN(A3:A8),MAX(A3:A8),"m")/3 "Rich9016 >" <<Rich9016.14vysl@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Rich9016.14vysl@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi Everyone! &...

Electronically filing 1099's
I have a client using Great Plains v8 who has a large number of 1099's. Can anyone tell me of a 3rd party solution for Great Plains which assists in electronically filing 1099's? Thanks There is a program that we use with our clients called Greenshades. You can Efile or create mag media for several forms. www.greenshades.com is the sight. "tscott" wrote: > I have a client using Great Plains v8 who has a large number of 1099's. Can > anyone tell me of a 3rd party solution for Great Plains which assists in > electronically filing 1099's? > >...

Maintaining Dates in the Calendar Publication
Every year I create a 12 month calendar for home and friends. With every new year I need to update the dates and also want to change the layout. This causes all of the birthdays and events that I have scheduled for the year to disappear. How can I re-create these calendars every year without having to re-type all the dates/events that are constant? I use Micrsoft Publisher 2000. Many thanks. Hi Sladiebug (Sladiebug@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Every year I create a 12 month calendar for home and friends. With || every new year I need to update the dates a...

Adding A Date Field To Notes
Hi. Lets say you go to an account, open it and from there select notes. We want to see a date displayed there so that we know when that note was created. Right now, the only column is "Title". How can we get a date field in there to the right? Is there a customization tab or choice I'm not seeing or is this strictly an SDK kind of thing. Thanks for any information you can provide. Sincerely, Nathan M Keller I think this is the same as an activity view in that you cannot modify the view in this release. "Nathan M Keller" <nathank@cgf.org> wrote in messag...

total to date
I prepare a monthly report of Firefighter's hours per day, fire calls per day, medical calls per day, etc. AT the end of each month, I total each indiviidual's numbers of hours worked, number of calls run, etc. How can I then calculate totals-to-date from January's worksheet into February's worksheet and so on throughout the year? unless I am missing somthing, should it not be just a case of in Febs sheet, having a formula like: =Sheet1!Cellref+Sheet2!Cellref, eg in the cell you want the running total in feb to be as A1 for example, input a formula like =Jan!A1(cell tha...

Problem with Date format from VBA code
I have written some VBA code to make a spreadsheet operate as a cash till. I use the Now method to populate a cell for the till receipt date , and cells in the Date column for a sales records worksheet. I format these cells to be dd/mm/yyyy, as follows: '--- use a cell to store todays date value Range("CF.Date").Value = Now <skip some lines> '--- post formatted date to sales record c.Offset(1, 1).Value = Format(Range("CF.Date").Value, "dd/mm/yy") Here's the problem: The code works fine for every date after the twelfth of the month... but ...

auto date
Is it possible to have a cell i.e F14 - auto date with the days current date when you open the template? Andy JL Put =now() into the cell. -- http://HelpExcel.com 1-888-INGENIO 1-888-464-3646 x0197758 "Andy JL" wrote: > Is it possible to have a cell i.e F14 - auto date with the days current date > when you open the template? > > Andy JL Thanks works great but can it have it display just date without the time? Andy JL "galimi" wrote: > Put =now() into the cell. > -- > http://HelpExcel.com > 1-888-INGENIO > 1-888-464-3646 > x01977...

Electronic License

Freezing Date/Time after data entry.
If I want to make column A today's date, and column B Now, both of which function I know how to do, is there a way to freeze these two columns when I have entered data in, say, columns C through G so that I have an accurate record of time and date as to when the data in the other columns was entered that won't reset to today and now when I open up the spreadsheet again? One way would be to enter the DATE by pressing Ctrl and hold while pressing semicolon, and the TIME by Ctrl-Shift and colon.......these are permanent values which will not change as the formulas =TODAY() and =NO...