editor

I just tried to post another message with still more questions ...and I
tried to recreate the actual error message but it is to the effect that
Microsoft word is designated editor but not available for varying reasons
and therefore outlook will be employed as editor...

what pray tell is going on...

Machine is windows xp at home....both outlook xp and outlook 2003 beta two
are installed.  I am actually operating beta 2

0
ncatty (7)

likely a conflist between 2003 and XP, try to unsinstall one of them as
there are likely many chared files between them in your system that is
causing problems.

--
�,���`���,�� Mathiau ��,���`���,�
�,���`���,�� Life isn't short, your just dead for toolong!

"Norm at Home" <ncatty@qwest.net> wrote in message
> I just tried to post another message with still more questions ...and I
> tried to recreate the actual error message but it is to the effect that
> Microsoft word is designated editor but not available for varying reasons
> and therefore outlook will be employed as editor...
>
> what pray tell is going on...
>
> Machine is windows xp at home....both outlook xp and outlook 2003 beta two
> are installed.  I am actually operating beta 2

0
mathiau (12)

editor
I just tried to post another message with still more questions ...and I tried to recreate the actual error message but it is to the effect that Microsoft word is designated editor but not available for varying reasons and therefore outlook will be employed as editor... what pray tell is going on... Machine is windows xp at home....both outlook xp and outlook 2003 beta two are installed. I am actually operating beta 2 likely a conflist between 2003 and XP, try to unsinstall one of them as there are likely many chared files between them in your system that is causing problems. -- �,���`�...

can not reutrn to WYSIWYG editor in sharepoint wiki editor

Problems with Word as e-mail editor
When Word is used as an e-mail editor in my Outlook 2002 everything freezes. It all works fine when using regular e-mail formats and not Word. Anyone else had this issue and knows how to handle it? Thanks in advance! S I have found the possible solution to the problem. If you have Norton Antivirus 2003 installed read the Microsoft KnowledgeBase item listed here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;329820 (just cut and paste this address into your address field.) It states when your turn off the Norton AV plug-in you will again have use of Word as your Out...

VBA Editor Not Opening
I've got a workstation that will not open up the VBA editor in GP. I'm logged into the machine as Administrator and GP as 'sa.' Does anybody know what would prevent you from being able to open the VBA editor? I tried it in Office 2007 on the user's machine and was able to press <Alt-F11> to open the VBA editor. This is version 10.00.0903. -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, Try to unregister then register the DEXVBA.DLL file using the REGSVR32.EXE program. You can find the DEXVBA.DLL file under your GP installation folder. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez,...

Group Policy Editor
Running Server 2008 with a Vista and XP client. I've enforced group policies. The Vista client is fine, but I get an error with the XP Client. RSoP data is invalid. Likely causes are, data is corrupt, data has been deleted or data has never been created. Details: invalid namespace. I cannot figure this out. Any help with be appreciated. ...

Ressource Editor
Hello, I have created a Slider Control via the Ressource Editor. Now I want to change the range parameters via member functions of the control. "instance variable"->SetRangeMin( int nMin, BOOL bRedraw = FALSE ); "instance variable"->SetRangeMax( int nMax, BOOL bRedraw = FALSE ); But Where is the Instance Variable of the Slider Control? In the Class Wizard there is only a ID of the control shown. I searched the code and could not find a instance variable of the slider control. Is it possible to acess ressources which are created via the ressource editor? best rega...

word as e-mail editor #6
I have OfficeXP standard edition 2002. The computer (a HP laptop) came with an unregistered copy of OfficeXP 2003. I have two problems which may or may not be related. The first problem is that I inadvertently clicked on Word 2003. The program asked for my product ID. I canceled out and loaded Word 2002. Now anytime I use my OfficeXP 2002 I get a message saying that this program has not been registered and requires a product key. THis usually happens when I close out of a 2002 program. I can still use 2002 but I always get the message asking me for the product ID key for 2003. The se...

custom html editor issue
Hello. I have a webpage with a tabcontainer on it. One of the tab panels holds just the notes for the record (aspx info). I did up a custom editor to put on the tab panel. The custom editor works and looks fine on its own in combination with the css (stylesheet info and html info). ==== aspx info <cc1:TabPanel ID="tabNotes" runat="server" HeaderText="Notes"> <ContentTemplate> <asp:Textbox ID="ChangeRequestNotesLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("ChangeReque...

icon editor
Hello NG, I want to use my owner drawn bitmaps (downsized from bigger images) as my programme icons (16*16,32*32,48*48 with 16,256,16Mio colors). The developer studio denies Copy-Paste my bitmap to my icon ("Paste" stays grayed). What am I doing wrong? How can I insert an external bitmap to my programme icon? Do you perhaps know a programme that manipulates the *.ico file, so that all icon images can be replaced by my bitmaps? Thanx for help in advance, Guido Franzke What version of VC++? I just tested this on VC++ .Net 2003 and it worked fine. AliR. "Guido Franzke&quo...

how do i use equation editor ?
In article <F260F86C-3DBD-4613-9B4F-D2A01758E21F@microsoft.com>, Yazz@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > What have you tried and how has it not worked? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions ...

equation editor
how to add equation editor in excel? Control Panel; Add/Remove Programs; Microsoft Office Look for Equn Editor and add check to its box To use within Excel: Insert|Object|Eqn Editor -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "dubidao" <dubidao@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1f9d01c47d29$c1fef820$a301280a@phx.gbl... > how to add equation editor in excel? You can use the Equation Editor to create the symbols -- choose Insert>Object, and choose Microsoft Equation Editor from the list. If it's not in the list, you can open ...

In Excel VBA Editor, how do I hide my code from other users?
Is there a way to password protect my code in VBA in MS Excel (the Visual Basic Editor)? Mayberrk, In the VBE, Tools - VBA Project Properties - Protection tab - Lock project for viewing. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Mayberrk" <Mayberrk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E828D2F-F3E1-4AB6-99B5-B2F4BCD77A09@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to password protect my code in VBA in MS Excel (the Visual > Basic Editor)? ...

VBA Editor
This may seem like a foolish question, but. I've been working with the VB editor and have gotten quit use to seeing the Project Explore on the left side of my screen and the code showing up to the right of it. All of a sudden I can only get the Project Explore and code to show up in full screen modes or witht the code in a window below the Proejct Explore. How do I get back to the other format with Project Explore on the left side of the screen and the code right of it? Thanks When I screw up the layout (including the tiling), I'll just follow these instructions from...

Outlook Email Editor vs Word Email Editor
When I compose a new email, Outlook uses the Word Email Editor, which is what I want. If I try to send an email through Adobe Reader, Fixit Reader or a few other programs, it uses Outlook's Email Editor. If I send a web page link through FireFox, it uses the Word Email Editor. Is there any way to make all the programs use Word's Email Editor? ...

Using Visual Studio 2008 as the HTML Editor in Internet Explorer 8
I have Visual Studio 2008 and Internet Explorer 8 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. In Internet Explorer 8 on the Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs -> HTML Editor dropdown list, the only programs listed are Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Word, and Notepad. Anybody who knows what Visual Studio 2008 is knows that one of the file types it can be used to edit is *.html files. It's even Microsoft software, and the version of Office that I have installed is 2003, so you would think that if Office 2003 is willing to add itself to the choices, software wh...

My own resource editor
Hi, The Visual Studio IDE has built in resource editor. It generates the ..rc files by which the resources, windows and such, can be built. I wish to build a resource editor for my own application, to design 'forms', with drag/drop, similar to the Visual studio resource editor. I wonder if there are already freely available resource editors I can embed in my own application out there, or whether I have to build my own. If I build my own, I am thinking about generating an XML based resource file, holding windows with their properties, size, color, screen location, etc. Then actuall...

[Dialog Editor] Precise Control Sizing
Hello [IDE: VS.Net 2002] [OS: W2k, sp4] [Language: VC++] It seems simple but I can't seem to find out how you can set specific dimensional parameters for a dialog when in the dialog editor. I know you can size them using code after the fact but I would like to manually set my dialog to be a specific size. Is this possible? Could someone clue me in? TIA Basically, it is not possible. Dialogs are designed in terms of Dialog Box Units (DBUs) which are later mapped to pixels based on various factors such as the screen size, resolution, Mars being in triune with Jupiter, etc. Mostly, you ...

Outlook 2002 and Word as editor
I recentely acquired an upgrade version of OUTLOOK 2002, which came with a Pocket PC. I am trying to activate Word as my editor for email, however, the option is greyed out. As such it is visible yet I can not check the box to enable. Any assitance with be greatly appreciated. Andres Fuentes If Word wasn't upgraded to version 2002 as well, you won't be able to use it as the e-mail editor for Outlook 2002. The versions must match. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to pr...

source data editor in Excel 2007 dont seem to allow copy and past.
The new source data editor dont allow copy and paste of other series data followed by a manual edit to get the correct range of cells. The new editor also dont diplay a preview of the chart. Is there another way to accomplish these atsks in Excel 2007? There's no preview because things are changed on the live chart as you make changes. It's awkward as all get out, but you can in fact copy and paste. You need to select an existing series, click the Edit button, the select and copy the reference in one of the edit boxes. Then clear the small dialog, click add, and paste into the...

Visual Studio Resource Editor Bugs
Help! I'm an undergraduate doing an MFC assignment using Visual Studio 7 and the resource editor has suddenly starting doing strange stuff. I created a number of new menu items, and the Resource.h file now contains #define statements for them that just don't work, for instance: #define ID_EDIT_INCR 0 #define ID_EDIT_ADD 0 All new Menu IDs are given the value of 0 instead of 130 or whatever they should be. Does some intelligent person out there know why this is happening, how I can stop it from continuing, or how I can find out what values the...

outlook
my outlook 2002 can not seem to find it's 'word editor' how/ what do I need to fix this? I have already checked the box under mail setup re: using word - but the error continues to popup and say it's busy or can not be found - help? Do you also have Word 2002? alex wrote: > my outlook 2002 can not seem to find it's 'word editor' > how/ what do I need to fix this? I have already checked > the box under mail setup re: using word - but the error > continues to popup and say it's busy or can not be found - > help? ...

Word as editor #4
Hi, Are there any advantages in using Word as the editor for messages over doing it in Outlook itself? Thanks for any inputs. Ramesh Depends on your version of OL "Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in message news:etcG%230ysIHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Are there any advantages in using Word as the editor for messages over > doing it in Outlook itself? > > Thanks for any inputs. > > Ramesh > you'll have all the spelling and editing functions of Word if you use word as your editor. As long as you use Outlook 2002 o...

XML Editor
Hello, I'm looking for ActivX control for viewing (like in IE) and editing XML files for using in GUI, VC 6++. Regards, Inga ...

Writing a grphical editor
Hi, I need to build an application which implements a graphical editor. It should allow users to add drag and drop graphical objects (i.e. Labels, Buttons, Combo Boxes, Frames, Images etc. etc.). It should incorporate enhanced drawing capabilities, such as: Moving components, Sizing them, Align, Spacing, Ordering, Rulers, Grid + Snap to grid, Undo etc. I'm looking for a good source code as a sample. I also needs some demo projects (with code). I'd also appreciate some tips. Thanks, Janiv Ratson. Janiv Ratson wrote: > Hi, > I need to build an application which implements a gr...

email editor
somehow, outlook assigned Word as my email editor. I want to just use Outlook. anyone know how I change this thanks, -Larry Larry, go into the upper tool bar in Outlook, click on "Tools" and go down to "Options". Click on the "Mail format" tab at the top, and uncheck "Use Microsoft Word to edit e- mail messages." That should do it. Good luck! >-----Original Message----- >somehow, outlook assigned Word as my email editor. I want >to just use Outlook. anyone know how I change this >thanks, >-Larry >. > ...