Editing/Renaming a senders Email Address in the received message

Hello -

I'm in a bit of a situation.  I use a web processing cgi
script that doesn't allow the senders address to be that
of the email field on my web site's form - so any
messages I receive processed through the web form have an
email/reply-to address of FORMBUDDY (no-
reply@formbuddy.com).

Now, with hundreds of forms in my inbox, I'd like to
change the sender/reply to address manually, so that
everytime I want to send an email to the
individual/company who filled out the form, I don't have
to cut and paste there email address in to the TO:
field.  Anotherwords, I just want to hit the reply button!

When I double click on a received email message, I see
you can highlight the senders address (Formbuddy), right
click to properties, and change the display name and
email.  However, once you hit the reply button, the
changes don't stick - you are replying to formbuddy.
There is no change in the inbox display name or email
from the sender on that email either.

Is there a way I can edit/rename the senders email
address from a received message?  I am out OUTLOOK 2002.
Would OUTLOOK 2003 do the trick?  Would any third party
apps do the trick?

Thanks -

Evan
0
anonymous (74721)

autoreply with subject line of incoming email
With Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000, if possible, how can I set up a rule so that all messages coming into a public folder get an autoreply, but the autoreply has the subject line of the incoming email? Or does this require programming? ...

Message Queues #2
I want to implement some sort of message queue. I have a client application and a server application. The server communicates with radio modems and can only communicate through a serial link. The client application has to be able to send commands to the server and the server must then send these commands down the serial link. The server must be able to queue up the messages and then send each one down one at a time. Is there any tutorials, examples or help that anyone can provide?? Thanks in advance !!! Lots of mechanisms exist. Part of it depends on the degree of traffic. The most ...

editting auto recovery

I am getting a message "Unable to open http:...." while working o.
I am getting a message "Unable to open http:....blah, blah, blah. How do I get rid of this? It pops up every minute or two. See what programs are running in the background? "dicky" <dicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F8BFD7D-AD65-447C-82B1-33FDA2358242@microsoft.com... : I am getting a message "Unable to open http:....blah, blah, blah. How do I : get rid of this? It pops up every minute or two. ...

Intelligent Message Filter Updates??
I am wondering if anyone knows if there are plans to roll out updates to the IMF for Exchange 2003. I installed the update from Feb 2005 right after I installed the IMF, but it would be nice if the product had recent updates. It has been working pretty good, but it isn't catching enough. thanks, Frank Hi Frank, You have the most recent IMF update. It is currently unknown when the next update is planned. Microsoft will most likely monitor the effectiveness of the feb update and release a one when it becomes less effective. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Ex...

BOM & Edit List

Location of outlook emails
Hello all, I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into another computer. Can anyone tell me where the email data is kept so I can pull off those old emails? Thanks in advance for your help! Jen search the drive for "*.ost" or "*.pst" "Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:263401c427de$a8478960$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I > recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into &...

Email Server is offline error msg
Hello, I upgraded a user's Office XP that didn't have any SPs to SP2. Now when she double-clicks the Outlook icon, the "Email Server is offline" error message is displayed. When she clicks on retry, her Outlook launches okay and her inbox appears. And her email appears to work okay. Does anyone know how to fix the error message? Thanks, Millie Sounds like a name resolution problem to me. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstation? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unab...

cannot send email
can recieve but not send. tried setting my default as noted in another item but still cannot send. recieve this message. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'lyndact1@verizon.net'. Subject ...

auto forward email can not go to internet, or to internal email user
we are using exchange 2003 server plus outlook 2003, after I craete a rule to auto redirect email, I find that it can not auto redirect to my YAHOO or other internet account, only to the internal user account, anyone can help to figure out where is the problem ? thanks Steve <steven@apr-it.com> wrote: > we are using exchange 2003 server plus outlook 2003, after I craete a > rule to auto redirect email, I find that it can not auto redirect to > my YAHOO or other internet account, only to the internal user > account, anyone can help to figure out where is the problem ?...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Outlook 2007 not getting new emails on first start up.
Hi there news group :-) We have a Exchange 2003 setup (SBS) with Outlook setup to use RPC over HTTPS and it works fine, most of the time. But sometimes we have an issue with some users not getting new emails. Outlook apears to be connected to Exchange, but it does not update. It appears to happen only when the user starts outlook first time after login. The solution for the user is to restart outlook, then the new email gets delivered. The problem is both on our XP and Vista clients. Outlook is updated with SP2 We use Panda Antivirus on the clients...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

HTML Addresses
I had someone send me a list of contacts in a html email. Well there are all these names for email addresses but they are hyperlinks is there anyway I can import these to my outlook.???? Amber Bauguess ; Barb Krumm ; Beth Huffman ; Betsy McVey ; Bobi Norton ; Bryan Phillips ; Caribbean Resort ; Crown Reef ; Ed Warneck ; Holiday Inn ; Jennifer Jordan - Oceanfront Vacation Rentals, Inc. ; Katie Keziah ; La Quinta ; landmark ; Mark Nungesser ; Red Roof ; Example but in my email they are html links Devin Shirkey <Shirkey@gmail.com> wrote: > I had someone send me a list of contacts in a...

Saving emails to harddrive
I get several emails regarding various topics and I'd like to save them by topic on my harddrive. Usually I have to copy the text to notepad and then to .docx. on Word 2007. Surely there is a better way to save emails to the harddrive. I just drag them from Outlook Express into the folder window where I want to keep them. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 15, 2:06 pm, bretsharon <bretsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get several emails regarding various topics and I'd like to save them by > topic on my harddrive. Usually I have to copy the text to notepad a...

Link to an email address
Hiya folks, I have a "team site" - is there anyway that I can add a link / button to the home page which will give the oppertunity to send an email? Yes, Just add a content editor button that has a mailto tag in the HTML "Dave Eade" wrote: > Hiya folks, I have a "team site" - is there anyway that I can add a link / > button to the home page which will give the oppertunity to send an email? ...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

How find and remove unsent emails?
Each time I try send word/excel doc by email(directly from this applications, use E-mail button), I get error: "One or more messages in your Outbox do not have a valid account specified. Would you like to use your default account to send this messages?" Of course, I do not want send erroneous old emails(~40 emails), so i click "no". Then Outlook send email normal, OK. Actually, I do not have any unsent messages, these are erroneous emails which kept in Outlook/Outlook Express memory, as I attempts to send the email directly from word/excel docs, but due of a wrong ...

Send email automatically
Is there a way to send an email automatically from Excel? We have this macro set up that when you click on it, it will open up an email. What we would like it to to do is address the email message and then send automatically. Is this possible? And if so can someone help me? Thanks! Maria Lindquist UW Colleges Hi and what should be the trigger to send the email? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Maria K Brickl wrote: > Is there a way to send an email automatically from Excel? We have > this macro set up that when you click on it, it will open up an > email. What we wo...