Editing Outlook 2003 Rules

I sort incoming mail using Rules but these are getting a complete mess.  Many
could be combined but it is very slow and messy editing them.

Can anyone recommend a good utility to help do the job?

MB
0
MARTIN1 (286)

There are no utilities that work with rules.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I sort incoming mail using Rules but these are getting a complete mess.
> Many
> could be combined but it is very slow and messy editing them.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good utility to help do the job?
>
> MB

0
outlookmvp (5838)
7/9/2009 3:43:53 AM
Thanks, I was hoping someone would have produced something to help tidy
them up.

MB

> There are no utilities that work with rules.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
>
> "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I sort incoming mail using Rules but these are getting a complete mess.
>> Many
>> could be combined but it is very slow and messy editing them.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a good utility to help do the job?
>>
>> MB

0
mb5375 (1)
7/9/2009 1:56:58 PM
You and more than a few others. :)  It�s the one area no one has cracked.

--

"MB" <mb@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Thanks, I was hoping someone would have produced something to help tidy
> them up.
>

> MB
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> There are no utilities that work with rules.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
>>
>> "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I sort incoming mail using Rules but these are getting a complete mess.
>>> Many
>>> could be combined but it is very slow and messy editing them.
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a good utility to help do the job?
>>>
>>> MB

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Outlook will not open 02-01-10
This morning I came in an attempted to open my Outlook 2007. The title window comes up initially but as the program window begins to open it stops and an window with a circled red X comes up saying, " Cannot start Microsoft Outlook Office. Cannot open Outlook window." Any thoughts on how this can be repaired. Is that the full extent of the error message? Since the error is the key to resolving the problem, the exact and complete error message is required. What type of mail account? Have you verified that Outlook.exe is not running in the processes tab of your Ta...

Outlook Rules #29
I did this before with my old Office I think or was Outlook Express ? Anyway, can anyone tell me how to do it on my Outlook 2003 ( Office 2003 Pro ) ( If it is possible ) I remember I setup a rule for Outlook NOT to download any mail bigger than XXX kilobytes, in another words, if the mail is too big DONT GET IT. Thanks. In OL2003 you don't do that with rules but with Send/Receive settings. Go to the Tools menu > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settins > Define Send/Receive Groups > Highlight a group > Click Edit. You can set the size in that dialog. Outlook will then ...

How to fix the font in Outlook
Hello. Is there any way to fix the fonts and typeface so that the message is seen by the receiver as I send it? (I'm asking about Outlook but if this can be done for OE as well, I'd also be interested.) Thanks for any input. Kevin (For email, double the two) Kevin Cooke <Kevin.Cooke2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Is there any way to fix the fonts and typeface so that the message is > seen by the receiver as I send it? > > (I'm asking about Outlook but if this can be done for OE as well, I'd > also be interested.) Sending your message in HTML or Rich Text...

howto display other foreign folders in outlook
I am using Exchange on Win2003 Server and Exchange 2003. Our secretaries were using Outlook 2003 as Exchange clients and wuld need full access on our boss's Inbox for answering emails on his behalf. I've already set r/w access for all, but It is still not as easy to display new emails in our boss's Inbox. The secretaries can only see wether there are new messages by manually opening his inbox. So now my question: How do I make Exchange or Outlook to display other Inboxes with subdirectories. I've also created a container for all secretaries (something like secretary@dom...

exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade/migration... request for comments
have an exchange 5.5 environment with 1000+ users. we need to move all of this to a new 2003 server. would anyone like to list, briefly, the best practice steps? i am concerned with the following: will the new server having a different name cause problems to users? do i install exchange on the new server then simply move the mailboxes over, or is there a special installation switch to do this in one shot? thanks for all your help. Best practise is to install a new E2k3 server into the existing organisation and indeed move the mailboxes and public folders across. You can generally do t...

Recover from Outlook Beta 2003
I removed the Beta version of outlook 2003. Before I removed it I exported up my mail to a .pst file. When I installed Outlook XP and went to open it, it said it was incompatible..Now I lost all my mail ?? Reinstall the beta, opt to create a new 97-2002 compatible .pst file. Drag and drop items from the new to the old. Then uninstall and you should be able to use the .pst file. BTW, just curious... when you opted to change to the new Unicode format, did you read the warning? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having search...

Adding a new domain in Exch 2003 Server
Hi all, I have an Exchange 2003 server that receives my company email. I need to add a second domain and am having trouble finding how I do this. So, I currently use me@mycompany.com and want to add a company2@mycompanycorp.com. Ideas? Thanks to everyone! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02A7_01C51A99.1D611FB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Try this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;249299 --=20 Tony Eversole MCSE, MCSA, Net+, A+ "Steve" <Steve@...

Outlook 2003 won't open in ie but outlook express does
I just upgraded my harddrive form 120 gb to 400 gb using segates disk utility and when all was done eveything except system restore and the read email link from ie 7 worked fine. OL express would open and run ok but OL 2003 would not, no error just won't open. Doesnt' work in firefox either. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Office, no luck. Have unistalled ie7, no go either. Got system restore to work again by diabling the service from the managment console then starting it from the system restore tab in my computers/proporties. There seems to be some connection from ie to outlook...

Installation of customer Microsoft CRM 3.0 for Outlook
Hi,I have a machine which belongs to the same domain that server CRM3.0, I reached with the session administrator, I launched the installation of customer Microsoft CRM 3.0 for Outlook an error message posts myself: "the user who carries out the program of installation does not belong to the domain" in spite of as I have say I reached with the administrator. Thanck You. Hi, Did you logon to the local workstation as a local administrator? Or did you logon to the domain? (When logging on you are able to select the domain from the drop-down list). Best regards, Merijn van Mou...

Outlook and New Computer
Hi, I am settting up a new computer and wondering how I can export my rules and junk e-mail from the old computer to the new computer. I am using Outlook 2003 Thanks Irene -- Irene Gaffigan, CRS, ABR e-PRO Certified Internet Professional Allen F Hainge CyberStar (TM) COLDWELL BANKER MOUNTAIN PROPERTIES 194 Main Street Ludlow, VT 05149 Home of OKEMO MOUNTAIN Office : (802) 228-5678 Fax: (802) 228-4100 E-Mail: mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com Website: http://isellvermontrealestate.com Licensed in Vermont Junk rules are now contained in the .pst file. Just copy th...

Managing users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings
Is there a way to centrally manage users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings? (Perhaps via AD group policy, for example) By "settings" I mean all those settings in the users' personal CRM 4.0 for Outlook options: eg when synchronization occurs, what gets synchronized, local data groups etc...; Thanks! I have the same question, is there no ADM template for CRM? "Peter Lynch" wrote: > Is there a way to centrally manage users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings? > (Perhaps via AD group policy, for example) > > By "settings" I mean all tho...

Dates of Appointments in Outlook 2007
I've recently (two days ago) installed Outlook 2007, and since then appointments sent to me seem to choose their own dates in my calendar. For example an appointment for February 10 2010, sent to me on Nov 21 ended up as one on the day following acceptance of the appointment. Any ideas please? -- rugbyfiddler You need to reset the view. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:da...

editting auto recovery

Customize Outlook Today
I had some one ask me to fix their "Customize Outlook Today" as it had stopped working. In Outlook 2000 it is the button near the top right of the page you get by pressing the Outlook Today Icon in the Outlook shortcuts toolbar. After trying for a while, I then tried to see if it worked on My PC... It didn't, and nor did it work on ANY of the half dozen I've tried since. I know it DID work at some time in the past, but some Windows update or IE patch must have broken it. I get the same result with Outlook 2000, SR-1 and SP-3 and both on Windows 98 and Windows XP. An...

BOM & Edit List

Outlook 2000 files in Outlook 2003
After upgrading outlook 2000 to 2003 I lost the text in some saved emails. Any ideas on why? Do you have PGP installed? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "R-tap" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:070401c3c320$6048cf20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After upgrading outlook 2000 to 2003 I lost the text in > some saved emails. Any ideas on why? No... pretty plain jane XP\office 2003 install no encryption. >-----Original Me...

Display Knowledge Base object in Microsoft CRM 3.0 Outlook Client
I am trying to display the KB object in CRM according to the following article: http://www.workopia.com/howto/DisplayKnowledgeBaseOutlookClient.htm I found another note to the above link that states there are two entries that needed to be modified and I made them both. But have still had no luck. Does anyone know how to make this work? TIA Larry ...

Windows Server 2003 BSOD "Apparantley Caused by Win32k.sys Help!!!
Hi All, One of my Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server Running SP2 Will Most Certainly BSOD at least once a day (Usually Occuring at Night) I have done scan's of the memory Dumps and they all point to the win32k.sys file. This is a Virtual Machine BTW running on ESX 3.5. Here are the Error Codes.... System Failure : Stop Error 0x00000050 (0xbc529e90, 0x00000001, 0xbf8b8006, 0x00000000) Error Signature BCCode : 50 BCP1 : bc529e90 BCP2 : 00000001 MCP3 BF8B8006 BCP4 000000 OSVER : 5_2_3790 SP : 2_0 PRODUCT 18_3 I have Search to ends earth and ...

Location of outlook emails
Hello all, I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into another computer. Can anyone tell me where the email data is kept so I can pull off those old emails? Thanks in advance for your help! Jen search the drive for "*.ost" or "*.pst" "Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:263401c427de$a8478960$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I > recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into &...

.NET Webservice Accessing Exchange 2003
I would like to setup a .NET webservice that will access an Exchange 2003 server and perform the following tasks: 1) Given a particular email address, return all headers/subjects that matches the TO or FROM field. The purpose would be to return all emails from a particular individual in order to enhance a home grown CRM system. It would have to search a select few exchange mailboxes. 2) Given the particular email, return the body of the email. Is this possible? If so, what kind of performance am I looking at here given upwards of 20,000 total emails in 3 or 4 mailboxes? If this is possib...

Outlook 2003 Marked as Read
When I ran Outlook/OfficeXP Pro - as I received email the new mail was highlighted in bold / black and after I scrolled thru it, clicked on it, or opened it, the message un-bolded. I migrated to Office Pro 2003 because Sharepoint is not integrated to XP Office (linked events, etc). Now new mail comes in and the envelope icon appears. I literally have to open it for it to be marked as read. Where is the option to have new mail in bold and marked as read without having to open it or physically click "Marked as read"? I looking for the mail option like I had in all prev...