Editing attachments in Outlook XP

If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make
edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in
the email?
Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all?
0
anonymous (74717)

It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115
"DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make
> edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in
> the email?
> Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all?

Installation of customer Microsoft CRM 3.0 for Outlook
Hi,I have a machine which belongs to the same domain that server CRM3.0, I reached with the session administrator, I launched the installation of customer Microsoft CRM 3.0 for Outlook an error message posts myself: "the user who carries out the program of installation does not belong to the domain" in spite of as I have say I reached with the administrator. Thanck You. Hi, Did you logon to the local workstation as a local administrator? Or did you logon to the domain? (When logging on you are able to select the domain from the drop-down list). Best regards, Merijn van Mou...

Outlook 2003 won't open in ie but outlook express does
I just upgraded my harddrive form 120 gb to 400 gb using segates disk utility and when all was done eveything except system restore and the read email link from ie 7 worked fine. OL express would open and run ok but OL 2003 would not, no error just won't open. Doesnt' work in firefox either. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Office, no luck. Have unistalled ie7, no go either. Got system restore to work again by diabling the service from the managment console then starting it from the system restore tab in my computers/proporties. There seems to be some connection from ie to outlook...

attachments from mac to PC
My partner used to have difficulties sending attachments from her apple MAC at work to our PC at home. This went away until we have just upgraded our home PC. WHen she sends an attachment the name of the attached files appears in the 'subject' box and there are no attachments to open. Can anybody help us with this?? Thanks Jon ...

Recover from Outlook Beta 2003
I removed the Beta version of outlook 2003. Before I removed it I exported up my mail to a .pst file. When I installed Outlook XP and went to open it, it said it was incompatible..Now I lost all my mail ?? Reinstall the beta, opt to create a new 97-2002 compatible .pst file. Drag and drop items from the new to the old. Then uninstall and you should be able to use the .pst file. BTW, just curious... when you opted to change to the new Unicode format, did you read the warning? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having search...

How to fix the font in Outlook
Hello. Is there any way to fix the fonts and typeface so that the message is seen by the receiver as I send it? (I'm asking about Outlook but if this can be done for OE as well, I'd also be interested.) Thanks for any input. Kevin (For email, double the two) Kevin Cooke <Kevin.Cooke2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Is there any way to fix the fonts and typeface so that the message is > seen by the receiver as I send it? > > (I'm asking about Outlook but if this can be done for OE as well, I'd > also be interested.) Sending your message in HTML or Rich Text...

Outlook will not open 02-01-10
This morning I came in an attempted to open my Outlook 2007. The title window comes up initially but as the program window begins to open it stops and an window with a circled red X comes up saying, " Cannot start Microsoft Outlook Office. Cannot open Outlook window." Any thoughts on how this can be repaired. Is that the full extent of the error message? Since the error is the key to resolving the problem, the exact and complete error message is required. What type of mail account? Have you verified that Outlook.exe is not running in the processes tab of your Ta...

Outlook Rules #29
I did this before with my old Office I think or was Outlook Express ? Anyway, can anyone tell me how to do it on my Outlook 2003 ( Office 2003 Pro ) ( If it is possible ) I remember I setup a rule for Outlook NOT to download any mail bigger than XXX kilobytes, in another words, if the mail is too big DONT GET IT. Thanks. In OL2003 you don't do that with rules but with Send/Receive settings. Go to the Tools menu > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settins > Define Send/Receive Groups > Highlight a group > Click Edit. You can set the size in that dialog. Outlook will then ...

Managing users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings
Is there a way to centrally manage users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings? (Perhaps via AD group policy, for example) By "settings" I mean all those settings in the users' personal CRM 4.0 for Outlook options: eg when synchronization occurs, what gets synchronized, local data groups etc...; Thanks! I have the same question, is there no ADM template for CRM? "Peter Lynch" wrote: > Is there a way to centrally manage users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings? > (Perhaps via AD group policy, for example) > > By "settings" I mean all tho...

Outlook and New Computer
Hi, I am settting up a new computer and wondering how I can export my rules and junk e-mail from the old computer to the new computer. I am using Outlook 2003 Thanks Irene -- Irene Gaffigan, CRS, ABR e-PRO Certified Internet Professional Allen F Hainge CyberStar (TM) COLDWELL BANKER MOUNTAIN PROPERTIES 194 Main Street Ludlow, VT 05149 Home of OKEMO MOUNTAIN Office : (802) 228-5678 Fax: (802) 228-4100 E-Mail: mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com Website: http://isellvermontrealestate.com Licensed in Vermont Junk rules are now contained in the .pst file. Just copy th...

Dates of Appointments in Outlook 2007
I've recently (two days ago) installed Outlook 2007, and since then appointments sent to me seem to choose their own dates in my calendar. For example an appointment for February 10 2010, sent to me on Nov 21 ended up as one on the day following acceptance of the appointment. Any ideas please? -- rugbyfiddler You need to reset the view. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:da...

editting auto recovery

Customize Outlook Today
I had some one ask me to fix their "Customize Outlook Today" as it had stopped working. In Outlook 2000 it is the button near the top right of the page you get by pressing the Outlook Today Icon in the Outlook shortcuts toolbar. After trying for a while, I then tried to see if it worked on My PC... It didn't, and nor did it work on ANY of the half dozen I've tried since. I know it DID work at some time in the past, but some Windows update or IE patch must have broken it. I get the same result with Outlook 2000, SR-1 and SP-3 and both on Windows 98 and Windows XP. An...

Display Knowledge Base object in Microsoft CRM 3.0 Outlook Client
I am trying to display the KB object in CRM according to the following article: http://www.workopia.com/howto/DisplayKnowledgeBaseOutlookClient.htm I found another note to the above link that states there are two entries that needed to be modified and I made them both. But have still had no luck. Does anyone know how to make this work? TIA Larry ...

Outlook 2000 files in Outlook 2003
After upgrading outlook 2000 to 2003 I lost the text in some saved emails. Any ideas on why? Do you have PGP installed? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "R-tap" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:070401c3c320$6048cf20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After upgrading outlook 2000 to 2003 I lost the text in > some saved emails. Any ideas on why? No... pretty plain jane XP\office 2003 install no encryption. >-----Original Me...

BOM & Edit List

No attachment though attachment icon is seen
Hi, I received an email sent from a Outlook Express user. The email shows that there is an attachment (paper clip icon is shown). However there is no attachment found! I confirmed with the sender that she did attach the attachment. Any idea what is wrong? I am using Outlook 2002. We tried to test by having the sender send to another user using Outlook 2002 and this other user can receive it. The funny thing is, when this other user forwarded the email to me, I can receive and see the attachment. Is my Outlook 2002 program corrupted? Does it still happen when she sends it...

Outlook Ldap distribution groups
Hello all, does anyone know how to setup distribution groups for Outlook in the LDAP directory. I am using corp LDAP and can create security and distribution groups in AD with email addresses associated with them, but when you select them from ldap list, they come back undeliverable. I have a couple of other posts on this and nobody seems to have the answer. Can anyone help?? ...

PDF Attachments Stuck in Outbox
I am experiencing a problem with PDF attachments being sent out. They get stuck in the Outbox and continue to send the message hundreds of times. On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:43:02 -0800, Jason [IT/CAD] <JasonITCAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am experiencing a problem with PDF attachments being sent out. They get >stuck in the Outbox and continue to send the message hundreds of times. Disable any AV on the workstation and server. Disable just a certain aspect of the AV for attachments? If so, could you be more specific? "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > O...

Outlook 2003 Marked as Read
When I ran Outlook/OfficeXP Pro - as I received email the new mail was highlighted in bold / black and after I scrolled thru it, clicked on it, or opened it, the message un-bolded. I migrated to Office Pro 2003 because Sharepoint is not integrated to XP Office (linked events, etc). Now new mail comes in and the envelope icon appears. I literally have to open it for it to be marked as read. Where is the option to have new mail in bold and marked as read without having to open it or physically click "Marked as read"? I looking for the mail option like I had in all prev...

Proceedures in XP for replacing motherboard/cpu ?-
Getting ready for upgrade to Win 7 Pro. Have (had) a perfectly good operational XP Pro install ( liscensed retail version ) running fine ! In preperation for Win 7 I replaced motherboard/cpu/memory in the box and now when I boot I get a screen saying Windows failed to start....a bunch of start options ( safe mode...last good congiguration, etc ) but all choices lead to a reboot and then the same screen. There is a second or so with the XP starting screen...but then it reboots ? Windows XP is on same sata drive as before. Have not done anything with Win 7...still waiting f...

Outlook setting issues for RPC over https
We are setting up outlook to connect using RPC over https We've keep coming across issues with Outlook cant find the exchange settings when you configure Outlook to connect to our bridge head servers. The problem is random and typically if we keep blowing away the settings eventually they take. We have not found anything running locally that could be an issue and all communication is https over the internet. anyone have any suggestions? You don't mention what version of Outlook/Exchange you are using, but if I understand your post correctly, Outlook 2003 cannot redirect itself to...