Easy way to block domain for junk mail

Is there an easy way to block the entire domain for junk
mail?  What I have currently been doing is right clicking
and adding the sender to my junk mail list, then I go and
edit the entry and delete all but the domain.  There has
to be an easier way.
Thanks for any help.
Chris Johnson
0
cjjohnson (1)

Any way to change the Desktop Icon?
I have tried the old right click and properties but nothing for changing the icon. Anyone assist these very old (81) drybones? thanks, DB What Desktop icon? The Windows Live Mail icon? Right Click | Properties | General Tab | Change Icon. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "drybones" <drybones@charter.net> wrote in message news:ePMchQqqKHA.5116@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried the old right click and properties but nothing for changing >the icon. > > Anyone assist these very old (81) drybon...

Best way to maintain back-up of e-mails and contact data?
Does anyone have experience in maintaining a good back-up routine for the data within Outlook for XP? I routinely back up all data files within my documents, but find it difficult to manage the data within Outlook gregg gaskins You can setup Outlook so its data files are in My Documents ilsrwy6 wrote: > Does anyone have experience in maintaining a good back-up routine > for > the data within Outlook for XP? I routinely back up all data files > within my documents, but find it difficult to manage the data within > Outlook > > gregg gaskins >-----Original Mess...

Easiest Way to do this Importing method?
Hey guys- been searching for a while now, and all the posts are a little more complex than I think this needs to be. Can you help? Basically, I have a CSV file that I need to import into another 'Template' file. But- here's the key- not EVERY column in the CSV file needs to import into my template. Also, the columns in the CSV file are NOT in the same order they need to be in the Template file. So, I need to be able to pick and choose which columns import and go where. Does that make sense? Is there an easy 'import mapping' system to use or any other way to do this? ...

Calendar easy to move from computer to computer?
Is there a way besides a Palm pilot to transfer all contacts, and calendar info from work to the home computer as a daily task? The problem is my palm pilot does not carry over certain fields in contacts that transfer from work to home. Is there a web based outlook? In Calendar, the color labeling does not transfer either. Looking for an easy way to have both computers updated in the same way. Thanks! .. ...

Server for just a few e-mail addresses of an entire domain?
Hello, The main office of a franchise has an e-mail server. A few people at a branch want to use Exchange so they can use OWA and WM5 syncing (probably SBS2003). I have never set up an e-mail server for a subsection of e-mail addresses. The e-mail servers I've set up in the past are the only servers for the entire company 1 location. Can someone give me some clues on what is involved? Thanks Thanks Choices: Buy a server, a copy of Exchange, a backup drive, a pile of tapes yadda yadda for the remote site. You won't get away with less than $4,000. Or upgrade their Intern...

Exchange 2007 in AD+Child Domain
Hi, one doubt: - I want to configure Exchange 2007 in my environment with root AD(test.com) and its child domain (my.test.com). I intend that the child domain users have mailboxes so must I run domainprep in their DC (my.test.com) and create mailboxes in the root AD, is that right? Thanks. Luiz You must prep the child domain, but mailboxes are associated with the user account, so they are "created" against the mailboxes in the child domain. They may reside on the Exchange server in the root domain, though. This has not changed since E2K/E2K3. -- Jim McBee Blog - http:...

Quickest way to add one more name to a rule?
In OL2003, I have created a rule that if a piece of email arrives from anyone on a certain list of people it automatically gets delivered to a special folder "Work email". Every once in a while, I get an email from someone who ought to be on that lsit, but isn't. So I go into Tools/Rules, find the rule, and manually ad their name to the ever-growing list. IS there an easier way to do this? Is there some way I can just drag their name to the list somewhere? (The closest I've been able to come to a shortcut is when the email is opened, go to Actions/Create Rule, and ...

Proper way to enter debt accounts
I've been using Money 2002 for about a month now to track my savings and checking accounts. Now I'd like to enter the balances on my Car loan. What is the proper way of doing this so that I can use money to 1) Track the balances 2) Help give me some payment strategies to help me become debt fee faster? Two choices: 1) Create a Loan Account and schedule a series of Loan Payments. This will allow the payments to automatically include an interest component. 2) Create a Liability Account and schedule a series of Bills. You will have to manually enter the interest component o...

CRM 4.0 E-mail Router poll frequency
Hi, How often will the E-Mail router access the Exchange mailboxes being monitored? I waited for 15 minutes with 3 new message hanging in the inbox. I restarted the service and they all came in. The performance counter "Incoming mailbox access attempts" didn't move for the 15 minutes i waited. After a restart -- furious activity for a few seconds. No errors/warnings were logged to the event log. Can this be controlled somewhere? Thanks, Manso I have almost the same problem there can go up to 1 hour before the email is going trough the system. If you found a solution pl...

Junk Mail Handling
I know I can mark a piece of mail as 'Junk.' Live Mail transfers those messages to my Junk Mail folder. If I continually get mail from several sources that I don't want to see, can I choose 'Add sender to block senders list' or 'Add senders domain to blocked senders list' and have those messages messages not downloaded and removed from my ISP's inbox? I don't want to fill up the server's inbox with stuff I don't want. Thank you. Use a message rule to Delete it from server. Some Message Rule tips: http://www.insideoe.com/tips...

view uses mail and mailboxes
Is there a way to view all users mail and their mailbox on Exchange 2003? I know I was able to actualy look at users mail and mailboxes on exchange 2000. You have to explicity grant yourself or a Security group send as/receive as permissions. This article explains how: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821897/en-us Nue "Bracinowski" <Bracinowski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09C4BB04-053E-4933-8C8B-C847552FAF82@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to view all users mail and their mailbox on Exchange 2003? > I > know I was able to actualy look at ...

Is there a way for an Outlook user to automatically set all outbound messages to "Private"?
Gurus, Is there a way for an Outlook user to automatically set all outbound messages to "Private"? -- Spin "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:6o3de9F1mc6vU1@mid.individual.net... > Is there a way for an Outlook user to automatically set all outbound > messages to "Private"? With plain vanilla Outlook? I don't think so. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Yes, there is a way. However, I would not suggest doing this. - Select the TOOLS menu - Select OPTIONS - Select the E-MAIL OPTIONS tab - Click the ADVANCED E-MAIL OPTIONS bu...

Spam email filtering via Real-Time Block List: did I do this correctly?
Since I've never really worked with Exchange Server before, I just wanted to verify that I added spamhaus.org correctly. http://216.89.218.233/public/exchange-server-screen-cap-1.gif If not, what do I need to change? Thanks, Adam http://www.searchenginefriendlylayouts.com/ Looks right to me. However I might suggest you use sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org instead. I also use bl.spamcop.net and cbl.abuseat.org. They all do thing just a little bit differently and I have not noted any latency issues using all three. SEFL wrote: > Since I've never really worked with Exchange Server before,...

easy OnLButtonDblClk() question
Hi, I've created a MFC application. It has the standard window where information is displayed. I have recently copied some code from another applcation someone made for me, so that I have a dockable window that attaches to the main document. The code for this class it as follows: class CMarkerZoom : public CWnd { // Construction public: CMarkerZoom(); // Overrides // ClassWizard generated virtual function overrides file://{{AFX_VIRTUAL(CMarkerZoom) file://}}AFX_VIRTUAL // Implementation public: virtual ~CMarkerZoom(); // Generated message map functions protected: file://{{AFX_...

Ex5.5/W2k Domain Migrate to Ex2k3
My environment - Exchange 5.5 on Win 2000 D - Another 3 Win 2000 DC on 3 Locatio - One Tree, one domain, 3 Site I want to install Ex2k3 on a new machine, but I don't want all DC upg to Win2k3 (NO $) My plan is 1. Install Win2k3 on new machine, and join W2K domai 2. forest prep , domain pre 3. Install Ex2k3 to join the Ex5.5 Or 4. Create AD 5. Migrate User Mailbox and Public Folder to Ex2k 6. Remove Ex5. Is it ok?? Hi Monica, That is a perfect setup and plan. You will find this easy to do and once you join the 2003 Server to the 5.5 site there are wizards in 2003 that will help you to i...

POP E-Mail and the OAB and GAL
I have 1 client, the company President, who has POP mail. Why, I do not know, but I am setting up a new laptop for him and I copied his .pst and data files to the new laptop, but I cannot download and create an OAB or see any of his contacts that he can see on his old laptop. Any help will be greatly appreciated... David Schneider ...

easy transfer
I want to use easy transfer from my XP to a new PC with Windows 7. Can I just transfer what is on my old PC to a flash drive then just plug the flash drive into the new PC and then start the easy transfer on the new PC and just get the information off of the flash drive? Mike Givens wrote: > I want to use easy transfer from my XP to a new PC with Windows 7. > Can I just transfer what is on my old PC to a flash drive then just plug > the flash drive into the new PC and then start the easy transfer on the > new PC and just get the information off of the fla...

Help setting up OE mail
I'm trying to help a friend setup their small home office in which they have a PC with Windows XP home and a laptop with Windows 2000. The laptop is connected to the PC through a router and network cables. The PC connects to the internet via Dial-Up. They only want one location for the e-mail message that both the PC and laptop can access so that there is no problem with synchronizing e-mail's between the PC and laptop. Is there a way to do this? tx LBJGH --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.737 / Viru...

Permanently delete suspected Junk E-mail feature is not working
I've turned on the Permanently delete suspected Junk E-mail feature. When I test it, I find messages being sent to the Junk E-mail folder. However, they are not being automatically deleted from the Junk e-mail folder. Is there a setting I'm missing or anything I need to reset? Dave wrote: > I've turned on the Permanently delete suspected Junk E-mail feature. > > When I test it, I find messages being sent to the Junk E-mail folder. > However, they are not being automatically deleted from the Junk e-mail folder. > > Is there a setting I'm ...

Easiest way to generate XML in VB.NET

best way to backup Win.email
Greetings, What is the best way to back-up msg's. and contacts from WindowsMail (Vista) to either a usb flash drive or to an external hd? I found an explanation on a website and will post it here if asked, but it seemed a little too involved. Thanks, Jim The easiest way is to use this free third party utility: http://www.staticbackup.com/windows-mail-backup/ http://www.staticbackup.com/products.htm#swmbf It does not backup contacts, but you can easily copy and paste the folder C:\Users\username\Contacts. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.suppo...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay to one domain
We have two sites. Our sister site is running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. They can send email to any domain BUT ours and we can receive email from any domain BUT theirs. I have verifed that we are not on any blacklist. There error message the sender receives is: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'user@domain.com' on 11/1/2004 8:43 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com Is it something on our end that is not letting them email us or something on their end in DNS?? Any help would be appreciated. Mr. Mike ...

How to delete mails from the Inbox of another user?
A VB (bad) app sended aprox. 13.000 mails to a user mailbox (a test message, like Hello World) Exchange shows 13.000 messages on the User Inbox (a 100 MB limit mailbox) How to delete the messages Option 1) Recall. Recall wil not work, because the sender app, was not MS Outllook, right? Option 2) Open user's Inbox with MS Outlook, using the credencial of the Exc 5.5 service account and delete all mails Option 3) type http://server/exchange/userloginname/inbox, supply exchange service account credentials and delete all messages, in groups of 20 (OWA shows 20 each time) Option 2 is now O...

rca easy rip
i have installed rca easy rip on my windows xp media center computor. i wanted to remove it, but when i go to remove all programs and try to remoe, it will not remove. any suggestions on how to get this program removed? You would probably find more help and knowledge at the support site for that application, but you might try reinstalling and then uninstalling. The RCA support site mentioned the need to have the RCA player connected to the computer when installing, perhaps it needs to be connected at uninstall. http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1773/kw/uni...

Two domains on exchange to rout differently
I have Exchange 5.5 with sp4. I have 2 domain since I am hosting 2 companies. One of the companies ordered a separate spam filter server. They wanted all their outgoing mail to go through their spam server. Is there a way I can have one domain rout one way and another another way? If yes, how? Thanks IMC props\Connections tab\Message Delivery area\Specify by E-mail domain. What is the point of scanning outboud mail for spam? Dooma wrote: > I have Exchange 5.5 with sp4. I have 2 domain since I am hosting 2 > companies. One of the companies ordered a separate spam filter server. The...