E-mails Missing in Outlook Express 2003

My E-mail messages were compacted this afternoon and now all of my E-mail
messages dated from 1-12-07 to today 03-22-07 are missing. How can I retrieve
them?

--
Ray10X10

This is a Office Outlook newsgroup. You should repost this to the =
Outlook Express newsgroup.

Meanwhile here is a snip from a post by Bruce Hagen MVP-OE

<snip>

The bak files are created in the Recycle Bin when you compact,=20
OE uses dbx files which are the ones backed up as bak files. .

If you are using OE, this is how to restore dbx (bak) files.

All e-mail items may be missing when you start Outlook Express 6 Service =

Pack 1:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918069

To restore a bak folder to the message store folder, first locate the=20
Message Store in Windows Explorer.

In OE: Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder will reveal the =
location=20
of your Outlook Express files. Press the Tab key to highlight the folder =

location, then Ctrl+C. Close OE, then Start | Run | Ctrl+V will put the=20
location in the box - Click OK and you'll see the OE files. Otherwise, =
write=20
the location down and navigate to it in Windows Explorer.

In WinXP, the dbx files are by default marked as hidden. To view these =
files=20
in Windows Explorer, you must enable Show Hidden Files and Folders under =

Start | Control Panel | Folder Options Icon | View, or in Windows =
Explorer |=20
Tools | Folder Options | View.

In Windows Explorer, click on the dbx file for the missing, or empty, =
folder=20
and drag it to the Desktop. It can be deleted later once you have=20
successfully restored the bak file. Minimize the Message Store.

Open OE and, if the folder is missing, create a folder with the *exact* =
same=20
name as the bak file you want to restore but without the .bak. Eg: If =
the=20
file is Saved.bak, the new folder should be named Saved. Open the new =
folder=20
and then close OE. If the folder is there, but just empty, continue on =
to=20
the next step.

Open the Recycle bin and right click on the bak file for the folder in=20
question and click Restore. Open the Message Store back up and change =
the=20
file extension from .bak to .dbx. Close the Message Store and open OE. =
The=20
messages should now be back in the folder.

If the messages are successfully restored, you can go ahead and delete =
the=20
old dbx file that you moved to the Desktop.

<end snip>

--=20
Peter

"Ray10X10" <vacantlot.com> wrote in message =
> My E-mail messages were compacted this afternoon and now all of my =
E-mail=20
> messages dated from 1-12-07 to today 03-22-07 are missing. How can I =
retrieve=20
> them?
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Ray10X10
0
okf221 (388)
3/23/2007 4:47:17 AM
Peter Foldes <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Meanwhile here is a snip from a post by Bruce Hagen MVP-OE

Wow.  I never noticed that before.  Good information.
--
Brian Tillman
0

e-mail #3
I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express? Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned are appreciated. Papasan PDF attachment? 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

=SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"),(Data1!$E$1:$E$500))
Hi =SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"), (Data1!$E$1:$E$500)) In plain english the formula above means: Sum cells E1 to E500 (last argument) if in B1 to B500 the value is "March" and if in C1 to C500 the value is "New York". SUMPRODUCT is like SUMIF on steroids and it allows you to automate all these reports that you develop with data that you import from a large centralized database, centralized accounting, manufacturing and sales programs or the Internet. The last argument (preceded by a comma) tells Excel what to...

XPath expression with namespace
Hello I am trying to use SelectSingleNode in an XMLDocument for a node that has namespace defined. My problem is the XPath for the node with no namespace defined works as soon as I put namespace it returns nothing. Help KB Can you post your sample so we can take a look at it? Thanks, Hoang Nguyen -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best d...

Using Outlook PST Backup Program w/User Accounts
I have downloaded and installed the pst backup program from Microsoft. I have two questions: 1. If I restore my backed up pst file from an external hard disk, will it write over the existing Outlook pst file? 2. When my spouse logs into her account, the "File>Backup" does not appear. How can I include the pst "Backup" in the other user account's File Menu? Thanks in advance -- Bones Heal - Pain Is Temporary - Chicks Dig Scars FirstReconUSMC, you wrote on Sun, 2 Sep 2007 05:34:00 -0700: > 1. If I restore my backed up pst file from an external hard disk, ...

e ...

MDB in Outlook "Unsafe" attachment list
Hi folks, According to a policy that isn't set in stone, we've configured our McAfee GroupShield to block all attachments listed in Microsoft's "unsafe" attachments list in MS KB article 290497, so they never even get to the Outlook users. This has resulted in complaints about .mdb files being blocked, so I'm weighing the pros and cons of allowing these attachments through. Does anyone know what exactly the risk is with MS Access .mdb files that makes them less safe than .doc, .ppt, or .xls files? Are these files on the list because they're just not mailed as ...

Outlook 2003 crashes on send/receive
title says most of it . . . my Outlook 2003 crashes every time I do a send / receive, and I get this message: http://www.tengokuonline.com/stupiderror.jpg i am running Windows XP Home version 2002, service pack 1 - but i have the same error on my desktop (running Windows XP Professional, don't have it here with me for exact specs). any ideas? ...

Word Mail merge lables from .xls document
Office 2000 Windows XP Pro: I am trying to create Avery 8160 lables in WORD form an Excel database. . My sequence in WORD is as follows. Tools>Mail Merge>Create Main Document>Mailing Lables> Active Window>Get Data>Open Data Source. When I get to into folder that contains the .xls file the only files listed in that folder are WORD files. When I click on the File Type drop down menu at the botton of the OPEN DATA SOURCE window, the only options I have are "All Word Documents", "Word documents", "Web pages", "Rich text format", &qu...

Mailing list
I am making a mailing list of customers addresses. I own a pizzeria and at the end of the night I take the order slips and type the addresses of customers who ordered that day into microsoft word. After a few weeks of doing this I am getting a lot of repeats. How do I avoid this? If you're doing it in Word, make each address its own paragraph, select all the paragraphs, and choose Sort (Word2007: Home tab; Word2003 and earlier, Table menu [they don't need to be in a table]). Then when you want to add a new one, just go to where it would fit in and see if it's alrea...

i dont no how to send a mail could u plz tell me wot to click on
help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What do you mean by "send a mail" ? Could you please keep the subjects brief and explain what you would like in as much details as possible please -- iPod's ROCK! "marjan" wrote: > help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

Outlook 2003 Client Crashing
Hi I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but when I install CRM 3.0 Desktop or laptop client my Outlook 2003 SP2 keeps hanging. All my updates are installed. The Laptop has 1GB+ Memory in. I had a similar problem yesterday. The problem in my case was the user had made offline changes in a v1.2 client after I upgraded the server to v3.0. After installing the v3.0 client on the laptop, outlook would hang. Resolved the issue by uninstalling the client, outlook, and MSDE, renaming the MSDE databases, then reinstalling everything. Hope this helps. -Jerry "Kuvenp" ...

Outlook Exress
I am using Outlook Express for a separate email account. How can I locate where my datafile is? How can I change the location of my datafile? Thanks Post to the Outlook Express newsgroup news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Christine" <centrol@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:hplo7b$5rj$1@mawar.singnet.com.sg... >I am using Outlook Express for a separate email account. > >...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

Outlook Rules #7
My outlook rules appear to be corrupted. The rules won't fire and I can't create and save new ones. I can create them and even run them, but when I try to exit the Rules Wizard I get the message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." The old rules will not delete, that is to say, I can delete them, but can't exit the Rules Wizard without the same error message above. Wat can I do? ...

outlook with windows 7
I have installed outlook 2007 on a windows 7 machine. I have several pop 3 accounts and a exchange account installed. Whenever I startup outlook 2007 it takes about 20 seconds before i can open my inbox. Outlook gives a (not responding) Does the same thing happen if you start outlook using the safe switch? "Outlook startup in windows 7" <Outlook startup in windows 7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045AE0BE-A2B7-4097-86CD-6EA8A350080B@microsoft.com... >I have installed outlook 2007 on a windows 7 machine. I have several pop 3 > accounts an...

problems changing exchange server 2003 ip address
sorry for my bad english one server with w2k3 and e2k3. server is also dc, gc, dhcp and dns server. original ip is public. when i tried to change ip to private address the server dont boot up. i used the last good know conf and added both ip's for nic. now exchange shows only public ip in virtual servers ip list. if i remove public from nic even ad users and comps dont start. i have tested this in lab and there change went ok. any ideas? Thanks - Mika Can someone help me? "Mika Lindberg" <mika.lindberg@netikka.fi> kirjoitti viestiss´┐Ż:edqh03d7EHA.2196@TK2MSFTN...

out look mail
How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:08:29 -0700, "Donna" <w1239881@imail.losrios.edu> wrote: >How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? > Ask your school email administrator. Nobody on this volunteer-staffed technical support forum for Microsoft Access databases will be able to help you. You'll also want to change your email address; it's now been published to tens of thousands of computers worldwide, and spammers and junk mailers can and will harvest it to send you SPAM....

How to forward mail from internalmail to external address?
I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Ask your Exchange administrator to set up a mail-enabled contact for your hotmail account, and use alternate delivery/delivery options on the user@mydomain.com mailbox to send a copy of all inbound mail to the mail-enabled contact. Mark Thailand wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address > to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Mark Thailand <mark@wctcoltd.com> wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomai...

Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to
How to set-up next feature Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) Ed I have not seen an auto-response feature in CRM. "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bac01c3b4e3$2ca0d6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How to set-up next feature > Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to > customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) > ...

MapPoint 2004 Keeps Crashing Outlook
Running Outlook 2003 and installed MapPoint 2004 for a database program I am working on. Outlook will run fine for a few days with the install and then all of a sudden keeps crashing. After trying to open Outlook a half dozen times, it will finally open, but the MapPoint features no longer work. If I uninstall it, wait a few days and install it again, it will work for a few days and quit again. Any suggestions where to start to get these two to play nicely together? The only file I get in the error message is Outlook.exe. Thanks! What exactly is logged to the Event Viewer regarding th...

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 #2
Hello, I need more help about ADC... We have 2 domains (NT 4.) and each domain have their PDC and exchange 5.5 servers (2 PDC and 2 Exchange 5.5). The domains are separately physically. Now I want to migrate to one only domain (W2003). The olds domain are now sites (city A and city B. And we have a DC W2003 in city A and other DC in city B. My question its, we must install ADC in both W2003 DC or only in one of them ? Thanks 4all "Paco" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I need more help about ADC... > >We have 2 domains (NT 4.) an...

Attachments in a mail merge document
HI I am trying to do an e-mail merge from Microsoft word. I have been successful with just formatted text. I would like to however, send an attachment along with these emails. I have tried various methods to achieve this, but have not been successful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is Outlook 2002 (XP) capable of doing an e-mail merge with attachments? regards, Andrew No. You would have to use a 3rd party mass mailing program if you need to send attachments. Look here for a list of possible programs: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- ...

URGENT: Mail access issues
Hello: I am having a problem logging into my Outlook mail account on my laptop. I get the following error: "Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then type your password again. If your account is new or if your administrator requested a password change you need to click Change Password then logon with your new password." Seems like a straight-forward message, but here is the problem. I can access my mail account when logging on to the client's desktop computer. I should be able to logon to this account from my laptop, just like my co...

A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf...
I'm using Outlook 2002 and a UK Accounts package called Sage. This package allows me to send invoices via email. Everytime I send an email I have to wait 5 seconds before I can click YES, and if I have a lot of invoices to send, this does take quite some time. Is there a way to "override" this setting so that it sends them automatically without asking me? I know the security reasons why this feature is there, its just a hinderance thats all. I do have uptodate virus checking on my emails that will hopefully catch worm viruses trying to send without my knowledge. Anyway, I h...

P L E A S E
Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts below this post). Please. Thank you. "Jan Plastenjak" <none@ms.com> wrote in message news:ewOtE0A3DHA.2700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts > below this post). Please. What? I'm to search through the newsgroup looking for find your post? I don't think so... Cheers Richard. Jan, I have already answered your post, let me repeat it: "If you go to www.microsoft.com and enter the fo...