E-mails "converted to plain text"

I frequently use different fonts, font-sizes and various font
attributes (such as underlining, bold, colors, italicizing, etc) when
composing my Outlook 2007 e-mails.

However, when the e-mails are delivered, a yellow banner is displayed
saying that the e-mail "has been converted to plain text",  The
different fonts, font-sizes and all of the font attributes are missing
and extra lines have been inserted.

How can I get the e-mails to keep their original composition?
0
gcotterl (63)

If you click on the banner, can you convert it to html?
What folder is the message in?

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com
"GARY"  wrote in message

I frequently use different fonts, font-sizes and various font
attributes (such as underlining, bold, colors, italicizing, etc) when
composing my Outlook 2007 e-mails.

However, when the e-mails are delivered, a yellow banner is displayed
saying that the e-mail "has been converted to plain text",  The
different fonts, font-sizes and all of the font attributes are missing
and extra lines have been inserted.

How can I get the e-mails to keep their original composition?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
4/29/2011 6:03:07 PM
On Apr 29, 11:03=A0am, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com>
wrote:
> If you click on the banner, can you convert it to html?
> What folder is the message in?
>
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com/
> OutlookForumshttp://www.outlookforums.com"GARY" =A0wrote in message

> I frequently use different fonts, font-sizes and various font
> attributes (such as underlining, bold, colors, italicizing, etc) when
> composing my Outlook 2007 e-mails.
>
> However, when the e-mails are delivered, a yellow banner is displayed
> saying that the e-mail "has been converted to plain text", =A0The
> different fonts, font-sizes and all of the font attributes are missing
> and extra lines have been inserted.
>
> How can I get the e-mails to keep their original composition?

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Untitled - Message (HTML) is displayed on the Quick Action Toolbar.

I'm in the "Sent" and the "Inbox" folders.

0
gcotterl (63)
4/30/2011 12:21:01 AM
Problem resolved.
0
gcotterl (63)

E-mails "converted to plain text"
I frequently use different fonts, font-sizes and various font attributes (such as underlining, bold, colors, italicizing, etc) when composing my Outlook 2007 e-mails. However, when the e-mails are delivered, a yellow banner is displayed saying that the e-mail "has been converted to plain text", The different fonts, font-sizes and all of the font attributes are missing and extra lines have been inserted. How can I get the e-mails to keep their original composition? If you click on the banner, can you convert it to html? What folder is the message in? Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlo...

web page converted to plain text
I am using XP Pro, qoutlook 2003 and Word 2003. When I send a web page from IE6 (the email Icon on the task bar) the message displays the wep page correctly. When it arrives the message format has been converted to plain text format. I am not attached to network. How do I stop the conversion? Are you sure the receiving end can receive HTML formatted mail and you are allowed to send HTML formatted mail by your ISP? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----...

Message converted to plain text
I converted to Outlook a couple of months ago from OE. Initially, I had no issues when receiving HTML messages, however lately there is a note specifying This message was converted to plain text. If I convert back to HTML, the hyper links don't work. How can I restore the settings to allow HTML? Thanks What folder are you looking in? That is standard for the Junk mail folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@list...

HTML gets converted to Plain Text
Hi, We have a web application that sends e-mail messages by being allowed to relay through our smtp server. What's happening is, even though the message is formatted as html, once it gets to the other side, it comes in as plain text. I checked the global settings (this is E2k3), and set MIME to html, and that still didn't work. Is there something else I might be missing? Thanks! ...

Remove "This message was converted to plain text" dialog
I convert all my mail from HTML to plain text, and I want to remove the "This message was converted to plain text" dialog box in the messages so that no one can go back to the original HTML. Does anyone know how to do that with a GPO or registry edit? - Matt AFAIK, there is no policy or reg edit that can change it. FWIW, HTML in Outlook is quite safe. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http:...