E-Mail Messages Reappear When Server is rebooted

Hello All,

I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it rebooted
clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I was then on a
windows2000 SBS site yesterday and when I rebooted the server old emails
reappeared. The Windows2003 server rebooted today and again old email
reappear. I cannot find any info on web re: this problem. Any help would be
appreciated.

0
SAM4137 (239)

Sam wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it
> rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I
> was then on a windows2000 SBS site yesterday and when I rebooted the
> server old emails reappeared. The Windows2003 server rebooted today
> and again old email reappear. I cannot find any info on web re: this
> problem. Any help would be appreciated.

This is probably due to file-level antivirus software running on the server.
You need exchange-aware AV on there also, but if you have file-level
software, you have to exclude the Exchange database/log/queue/badmail
folders from being scanned realtime or scheduled....see
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328841.

Note that SBS2003  questions are best posted in m.p.windows.server.sbs &
this is unlikely to be an Outlook issue.

0
lanwench (7567)
10/28/2004 3:01:59 PM
Thanks Lanwench.

Excluded as suggested.

Sam

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Sam wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it
> > rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I
> > was then on a windows2000 SBS site yesterday and when I rebooted the
> > server old emails reappeared. The Windows2003 server rebooted today
> > and again old email reappear. I cannot find any info on web re: this
> > problem. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> This is probably due to file-level antivirus software running on the server.
> You need exchange-aware AV on there also, but if you have file-level
> software, you have to exclude the Exchange database/log/queue/badmail
> folders from being scanned realtime or scheduled....see
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328841.
>
> Note that SBS2003  questions are best posted in m.p.windows.server.sbs &
> this is unlikely to be an Outlook issue.

0
SAM4137 (239)
10/31/2004 4:04:10 PM
Sam wrote:
> Thanks Lanwench.
>
> Excluded as suggested.
>
> Sam

Great - hope it helps. You're lucky you didn't have more problems before -
people often write in saying their log files were quarantined/deleted, etc.,
which is a Very Bad Thing.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Sam wrote:
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it
>>> rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox.
>>> I was then on a windows2000 SBS site yesterday and when I rebooted
>>> the server old emails reappeared. The Windows2003 server rebooted
>>> today and again old email reappear. I cannot find any info on web
>>> re: this problem. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> This is probably due to file-level antivirus software running on the
>> server. You need exchange-aware AV on there also, but if you have
>> file-level software, you have to exclude the Exchange
>> database/log/queue/badmail folders from being scanned realtime or
>> scheduled....see http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328841.
>>
>> Note that SBS2003  questions are best posted in
>> m.p.windows.server.sbs & this is unlikely to be an Outlook issue.

0
lanwench (7567)

Spell Check Error Message
I have a user that gets the message "Error occurred while checking Spelling" when trying to spell check an email message. This is the only message she gets. Spell check works fine in Word. Thanks for your assistance. ...

e-mail #3
I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express? Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned are appreciated. Papasan PDF attachment? 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

=SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"),(Data1!$E$1:$E$500))
Hi =SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"), (Data1!$E$1:$E$500)) In plain english the formula above means: Sum cells E1 to E500 (last argument) if in B1 to B500 the value is "March" and if in C1 to C500 the value is "New York". SUMPRODUCT is like SUMIF on steroids and it allows you to automate all these reports that you develop with data that you import from a large centralized database, centralized accounting, manufacturing and sales programs or the Internet. The last argument (preceded by a comma) tells Excel what to...

e ...

Word Mail merge lables from .xls document
Office 2000 Windows XP Pro: I am trying to create Avery 8160 lables in WORD form an Excel database. . My sequence in WORD is as follows. Tools>Mail Merge>Create Main Document>Mailing Lables> Active Window>Get Data>Open Data Source. When I get to into folder that contains the .xls file the only files listed in that folder are WORD files. When I click on the File Type drop down menu at the botton of the OPEN DATA SOURCE window, the only options I have are "All Word Documents", "Word documents", "Web pages", "Rich text format", &qu...

Mailing list
I am making a mailing list of customers addresses. I own a pizzeria and at the end of the night I take the order slips and type the addresses of customers who ordered that day into microsoft word. After a few weeks of doing this I am getting a lot of repeats. How do I avoid this? If you're doing it in Word, make each address its own paragraph, select all the paragraphs, and choose Sort (Word2007: Home tab; Word2003 and earlier, Table menu [they don't need to be in a table]). Then when you want to add a new one, just go to where it would fit in and see if it's alrea...

i dont no how to send a mail could u plz tell me wot to click on
help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What do you mean by "send a mail" ? Could you please keep the subjects brief and explain what you would like in as much details as possible please -- iPod's ROCK! "marjan" wrote: > help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

problems changing exchange server 2003 ip address
sorry for my bad english one server with w2k3 and e2k3. server is also dc, gc, dhcp and dns server. original ip is public. when i tried to change ip to private address the server dont boot up. i used the last good know conf and added both ip's for nic. now exchange shows only public ip in virtual servers ip list. if i remove public from nic even ad users and comps dont start. i have tested this in lab and there change went ok. any ideas? Thanks - Mika Can someone help me? "Mika Lindberg" <mika.lindberg@netikka.fi> kirjoitti viestiss´┐Ż:edqh03d7EHA.2196@TK2MSFTN...

How to forward mail from internalmail to external address?
I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Ask your Exchange administrator to set up a mail-enabled contact for your hotmail account, and use alternate delivery/delivery options on the user@mydomain.com mailbox to send a copy of all inbound mail to the mail-enabled contact. Mark Thailand wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address > to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Mark Thailand <mark@wctcoltd.com> wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomai...

out look mail
How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:08:29 -0700, "Donna" <w1239881@imail.losrios.edu> wrote: >How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? > Ask your school email administrator. Nobody on this volunteer-staffed technical support forum for Microsoft Access databases will be able to help you. You'll also want to change your email address; it's now been published to tens of thousands of computers worldwide, and spammers and junk mailers can and will harvest it to send you SPAM....

SQL Server Connection Problem Error when using Org Mass Assign
I am trying to assign accounts based on a segment and I'm getting the following error" A SQL Server connection problem has occurred. Please try your operation again when the server is less busy. It worked on the other segments. Has anyone seen this? Thanks ...

Attachments in a mail merge document
HI I am trying to do an e-mail merge from Microsoft word. I have been successful with just formatted text. I would like to however, send an attachment along with these emails. I have tried various methods to achieve this, but have not been successful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is Outlook 2002 (XP) capable of doing an e-mail merge with attachments? regards, Andrew No. You would have to use a 3rd party mass mailing program if you need to send attachments. Look here for a list of possible programs: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- ...

Recover messages after crash
Hi, I'm using XP and OExp. I would be most grateful if someone can tell me how to retrieve my email messages and address book from the most recent CD backup I made of the computer before it crashed. Is there a way to copy some files from the CD to the computer now that I have re- installed windows and Outlook Express? Kind regards, ...

Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to
How to set-up next feature Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) Ed I have not seen an auto-response feature in CRM. "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bac01c3b4e3$2ca0d6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How to set-up next feature > Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to > customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) > ...

URGENT: Mail access issues
Hello: I am having a problem logging into my Outlook mail account on my laptop. I get the following error: "Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then type your password again. If your account is new or if your administrator requested a password change you need to click Change Password then logon with your new password." Seems like a straight-forward message, but here is the problem. I can access my mail account when logging on to the client's desktop computer. I should be able to logon to this account from my laptop, just like my co...

duplicate messages #5
When I hit send/receive to get my new messages they arrive in duplicates. How can I change this? Do you have any rules set up? "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA69E48C-CE14-4036-89E6-44F5FF79F920@microsoft.com... > When I hit send/receive to get my new messages they arrive in duplicates. > How can I change this? Hi Cindy, Here are some things to look for that can cause duplicates. 1) Two or more accounts that check the same mailbox. 2) Two or more inbox rules that act on the same message. 3) Antivirus/Antispam software that doesn...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
I created an application where I use the webservices to issue API calls. The first call I issue is the BizUser.WhoAmI. On my test server I installed CRM to localhost:5555 and then added the reference to the webservice. When I went to a customer site who didn't install it at localhost:5555, I get this error. How do I add the reference to my compiled code such that it can find the new address for the webservices? Thanks ...

Exchange 2000 SP3 Server has been hijacked
HI All: Your help is desperately needed. Last week our exchange 2k server became very slow. I found system.exe virus and removed it. Every thing worked fine for few days and now we have 18000 messages waiting for directory lookup by oversees companies. I have applied all patches. I have scanned Windows 2000 server. I have Updated Sysmantec 2.0 and mail security 5.0. None of this has helped. i have changed server password 3 times and still no help. Oue Tape backup is in for service and I use to backup entire exchange directory to a different hardisk. I cannot do that now. The system wai...

A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf...
I'm using Outlook 2002 and a UK Accounts package called Sage. This package allows me to send invoices via email. Everytime I send an email I have to wait 5 seconds before I can click YES, and if I have a lot of invoices to send, this does take quite some time. Is there a way to "override" this setting so that it sends them automatically without asking me? I know the security reasons why this feature is there, its just a hinderance thats all. I do have uptodate virus checking on my emails that will hopefully catch worm viruses trying to send without my knowledge. Anyway, I h...

How do I copy outgoing messages to another person
Hi, I would like to copy all outgoing messages (To:) to my colleague in the office. Is this possible in MS Outlook and how do I configure this please? You should be able to use the Rules Wizard to do this for you. "Hazel" <Hazel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57530D39-2724-405A-9F6F-FBFB41B58F0C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like to copy all outgoing messages (To:) to my colleague in the > office. Is this possible in MS Outlook and how do I configure this please? ...

Outlook Express Error Message Since Installing XP SP2
Since installing XP Service Pack 2, Outlook Express will not download my family's Hotmail accounts. The error message is displayed below. Have deleted accounts and re introduced them, have uninstalled Outlook Express and Re loaded it, have added it to the Exceptions section in the New Windows Firewall Utility and all to no avail. What have I overlooked? Redirected Configuration: Account: XXX_XXXXX Server: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp User name: xxx_xxxxxx@hotmail.com Protocol: HTTPMail Port: 0 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 80004005 -- David Wh...

P L E A S E
Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts below this post). Please. Thank you. "Jan Plastenjak" <none@ms.com> wrote in message news:ewOtE0A3DHA.2700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts > below this post). Please. What? I'm to search through the newsgroup looking for find your post? I don't think so... Cheers Richard. Jan, I have already answered your post, let me repeat it: "If you go to www.microsoft.com and enter the fo...

CRM 3.0 on 2008 Terminal Server
Has anyone tried to setup CRM 3.0 outlook client on a windows 2008 terminal server? I am using Outlook 2003 and during the install receive the message "Windows 2000 SP4 and above supported" Simon I was under the impression that CRM 3.0 is not supported in a Terminal Server environment. However if you search the blogs, there is plenty of documentation and scripts on how to achieve this. "Simon" wrote: > Has anyone tried to setup CRM 3.0 outlook client on a windows 2008 terminal > server? > > I am using Outlook 2003 and during the install receive the...

New Mail Desktop Shortcut
Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar in XP? Rob D. <RobD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running > Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new > mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar > in XP? It's easy enough to make one. Open Outlook and search for "command line&qu...