e-Mail Merge - were they sent?

I just completed what I thought was a successful merge-to-email in
Outlook.

Using the merge Wizard - I imported a mailing list, merged the records,
and then ran the merge after selecting 'merge to email'. It all seem to
go OK.

However it did not appear that the emails created by the merge process
were actually sent out i.e. physically emailed to people.

What would be stopping my emails getting sent out?
How can I tell if the emails were sent or not? (There is no sent
history or outbox records of them)

I am using POP3 via a Yahoo webmail account to send them. This has been
working fine with individual emails.

"MattOz" <MattOz.ymcdz@outlookforum.com> a �crit dans le message de

> I just completed what I thought was a successful merge-to-email in
> Outlook.
>
> Using the merge Wizard - I imported a mailing list, merged the records,
> and then ran the merge after selecting 'merge to email'. It all seem to
> go OK.
>
> However it did not appear that the emails created by the merge process
> were actually sent out i.e. physically emailed to people.
>
> What would be stopping my emails getting sent out?
> How can I tell if the emails were sent or not? (There is no sent
> history or outbox records of them)
>
> I am using POP3 via a Yahoo webmail account to send them. This has been
> working fine with individual emails.

I don't know what is stopping the emails to be sent. However:

To verify if the merge succeded, just add your own email to the mailing
list. If you receive it, the rest of the recipients should as well. You may
also try a small merge with only two or three addresses (or the same address
three times for instance).

When you send emails, you're using the SMTP server from your Internet
Service Provider, not the POP from your email account...

Sent e-mail with attchments
I would like to be able to print out the e-mail I sent showing the Files that were sent as attachemnts (ie 6 different files that were sent as pdf files) I would like to print out my sent mail so that I have a hard copy of the e-mail and files sent along with the date and time sent. Is this possible in Outlook 2002? ...

Mail Merge #19
I am looking to create a Mail Merge (maybe just in Excel, maybe between Excel and Word) in which three different letters will be mailed based on the status of the recipient as dictated in the Excel spreadsheet. If User A has a status of "1" he will get Letter 1 If User B has a status of "2" he will get Letter 2 . . . and so on. Is it possible to set up a mail merge in Excel that can handle sorting the statuses? Is it possible for Word to only select the specified "status" from a data file. I need to operate out of 1 Excel data file if possible. Please t...

Track in CRM option is not availabe for e-mail messages...
SHi, The user is using Outlook version of CRM 4.0. The particular user in not able to see 'Track in CRM' option when he opens up the outlook form. As far as I know we dont have the option to remove synchronization of e-mails from 'Set Presonal Options --> Synchronization'. Pleaese let me know whether am missing some thing over here. Regards Rajaram Couple of things you may want check: 1) If using Outlook 2007, is the button on a different ribbon tab (e.g., Addins tab)? 2) Have you tried running the diagnostics? Peter Gernburd "Rajaram" <Rajaram@dis...

Exchange 2003 mailbox setup to receive all messages from the other mail accounts?
Is it possible to setup an email account, in Exchange 2003, which transparently receives all the email messages sent by the other mail accounts on the domain? By transparently I mean that the employees shouldn't be aware of this configuration. I have this company which currently has its email handled by an external service company which runs MailEnable Enterprise email server. On the server side there is a mailbox, which receives all the mail sent-by and addressed-to all the other email accounts on the domain. The two VPs have access to this mailbox, so they can have records and contro...

can't send e-mails nor reply
Hello, every one. I am having trouible wity sending e- mails from outlook for the longest time. Some days it works just fine, other days I get the message "550 not local host hotmail.com (or aol.com or whatever), not a gateway" What could that mean??? Your help is really appreciated. Have a nice day! You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server. To set this up, go to the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "lonie" &...

no sent items are being saved in that folder
This has been on going since April 17th. Updates have been done. Check preferences and "Save Sent Items in Sent Folder" is checked. HELP! -- jan stephens "jan s" <jans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B74CCD9B-518B-4718-ACBC-FC7042DB7CF8@microsoft.com... > This has been on going since April 17th. Updates have been done. Check > preferences and "Save Sent Items in Sent Folder" is checked. What version of Outlook? What type of account? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Organising mails #2
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sug...

F7 in zip field when doing mail merge from excell file
I work with a warehouse set up in access. I do my query to get my info. Then I copy the data to an excell file. I usually do name & address info. The zip field looks fine in excell, but when I use the excell file in word to do a mail merge when I match the fields an F7 appears in the zip field & all my leading zeros are dropped. The only way to keep my leading zeros is to change the zip field to "text" and key all the zips with leading zeros and then bring the file into word for the mail merge. Any help would be appreciated. ...

incoming mail blockage
Using outlook express 6 I have been trying all day to download my emails. It says I have 37 emails but each time it gets to number 15 it stops. I then get a message saying my POP3 server is not responding. What is happening and how do I fix it. Julie Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -...

e-mail recipients
How can I send out multiple recipients in one e-mail? I would like to send one e-mail to all the contacts in my directory. To use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) feature, in a new message window, either click View | All Headers and type in the addresses separated by a; Or: Click the To button. You will see your list of contacts and the choice of putting them in the To, CC, or BCC field. Click on an address, then click BCC to add it. Repeat for all the contacts you want. (Note: Most ISPs have limits as to how many e-mails you can send a one time. 25 is common, but it varies). Put...

Tax Estimator and Schedule E
As I can setup tax lines and groups for my categories: e.g., Create Property XXXX with sub-line: Rental Income and then make the "Rental Income" hit tax line Schedule E, line: Rents Received, Form Copy 1 and put the Group as "Rental Income". On Tax Software Report, it shows up correctly. On Tax Estimator, it does not show up at all. One Note: If I try to add to the "Other Income" it can find (becuase I can search by category) Rental Income and if I try to add it it will switch it's tax line on me. What kind of Tax Estimator can't factor in Schedule E...

merge pics into publisher from access
Hi, I would like to be able to merge pics from access into my publisher document. However when i do a merge, i am only given the text fields and not the logo field which is a OLE data type in access. Has anyone done this sort of thing before. Thanks MO Never done it that way. The picture field should be a reference to the path and filename of the picture. "MO" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05a701c46e3c$22ed59d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to be able to merge pics from access into my > publisher document. Howeve...

Problem sending e-mail to a distribution list
Hi all.. I have Exchange Server 2003 in Windows Server 2003. I added a new user as "Distribution List" type using Active Directory manager. I added my e-mail account as a member of that list. The fact is that when I try to send an e-mail to the distribution list, I get an error back telling that the account doesn't exist. My account, which is member of the list, does exist and can receive e-mails. Any help will be greately appreciated,. Thanks Jaime ...

rejected e-mail address to hotmail.com
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'someone@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Reset Your Mouse For 2010', Account: 'po.pacific.net.id', Server: 'smtp.telkom.net', Protocol: SMTP, S...

blank To: field in Sent items
We recently migrated from Notes to Exchange and some of my users are complaining that some messages that they forward don't have an address in the To: field in Sent Items. We are using Outlook 2003. Any ideas? Same problem here. "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:<#7SnUBm0EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > We recently migrated from Notes to Exchange and some of my users are > complaining that some messages that they forward don't have an address in > the To: field in Sent Items. We are using Outlook 2003. Any ideas? So are we...

Windows live mail thinks .jpg is dangerous
I cannot access 9 images which have arrived in my inbox with the file extension .jpg even though jpg is not on the accompanying list of dangerous file extensions. The images are simply photographs recently taken. Toole | Safety Options | Security. Uncheck: "Block images..............". Is that what your looking for? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "xanian" <xanian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0361118B-D162-4471-B9C8-11212F75C9CD@microsoft.com... >I cannot access 9 images whic...

Outlook 2000 Duplicate e-Mails
I upgraded from 2000 to 2003, then uninstalled 2003 because of message problems. Now I am getting duplicated e-mails in Outlook 2000. How can I fix this? ...

problem in mail
We are facing some problem in moving the users from one domain to other .For example the below user is moved from FMGNT domain to VPNT domain . When we moved his mailbox It was showing correctly mail box is moved to VPNT domain But once his account has been moved when we checked his mailbox his mail box is shown in FMG NT any solution Please It was showing correctly like the below screen But once his account has been moved when we checked his mailbox is at FMGNT please find the below screen shot Make sure that the new domain has ha...

Replies to e-mails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When I reply to an e-mail instead of being placed into my sent folder it is placed in my Inbox, thus requiring me to have to move them at a later stage. Is there a setting that needs to be changed and if so wht are the steps? ...

I cannot retrieve my e-mail at yahoo
I set up email using Yahoo.com and they were working and now I cannot get to them, what do I do? Provide additional information such as copy / paste of error messages. Is this an issue with a corrupt account? Did you delete and recreate the account? What do you mean "cannot get to them"? Are they listed but won't open? Are they not received during sync? With more detailed information, maybe someone can help. "carmella" <carm@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eRURDSLaKHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I set up email using Yahoo.com an...

Mail Merge to Excel?
Is it possible to do a mail merge from CRM to an Excel template? Steve Korosy AbilityCRM ...

Word Merge For Form Letter Code Error
The below code has worked for many years until my client got a new machine.: Dim myWord As Word.Application Dim myDoc As Word.Document Dim sFileName As String Dim sPath As String sPath = CurrentProject.Path sFileName = "\ThankYou.doc" sFileName = sPath & sFileName Set myWord = New Word.Application Set myDoc = New Word.Document myWord.Visible = True Set myDoc = myWord.Documents.Open(sFileName) With myDoc.MailMerge .Destination = wdSendToNewDocument .Execute End With myDoc.Close All of the ...

outlook contacts and mail merge subject
Hi, - is there a possibility to convert all contacts in crm to contacts in outlook (now if you create a contact from sfo it creates both, but we still have contacts that were created via the browser) - is there a possibility to alter the mail merge subject. if you do a mail merge from sfo, it automatically adds an activity, but this has a standard subject "Word Mail Merge...", but we want every mail merge to have a different subject Thanks in advance On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:18:40 +0100, "mv" <verhaert@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >- is there a possibility t...

Outlook2003 mail receipt problem
Since upgrading to Outlook 2003 from Outlook XP, I have had a problem in receiving my email. On occasion some mail will not download from the server to Outlook. It seems to be only some spam which hangs up and I get the following message: "Task 'DG Fisher - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK'". Once I go to my server and delete any offending mail, the rest will download. Until I d...

using Outlook for AOL E-mail
Can I use Outlook application for all my AOL E-mail? If so, what do I need to do? If I can't why? and do I have to give up AOL to use Outlook? Thnaks "Patti" <gokauai1@aol.com> wrote in message news:029401c36458$ed4c3500$a601280a@phx.gbl > Can I use Outlook application for all my AOL E-mail? > If so, what do I need to do? If I can't why? and do I > have to give up AOL to use Outlook? > Thnaks AOL doesn't follow Internet standards (and Microsoft sometimes doesn't, either, but in this case they follow the standards better than AOL). You need t...