Duplicate tasks being created

I am using Outlook 2007. I have not used task bar much until now. Each time
I create a task I get two items showing in tasks window. All action on one
i.e. updates, settings, details are repeated on the other and if I delete
the other one is deleted.

Any thoughts from any daring soul!!!

"Pravesh" <pravesh.prasher@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am using Outlook 2007. I have not used task bar much until now. Each time
>I create a task I get two items showing in tasks window. All action on one
>i.e. updates, settings, details are repeated on the other and if I delete
>the other one is deleted.

"Pravesh" <pravesh.prasher@gmail.com> wrote in message

>I am using Outlook 2007. I have not used task bar much until now. Each time
>I create a task I get two items showing in tasks window. All action on one
>i.e. updates, settings, details are repeated on the other and if I delete
>the other one is deleted.

Outlook doesn't have a "task bar".  Are you referring to the To Do pane?  If
not, exactly what Outlook window do you mean?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/23/2009 12:50:17 PM
Yes, you are right. I looked into it a little more and found that when I
click on tasks icon in navigation pane it show 'To Do' list. Duplicates are
in this list but tasks folder does not have duplicates.

> Yes, you are right. I looked into it a little more and found that when I
> click on tasks icon in navigation pane it show 'To Do' list. Duplicates
> are in this list but tasks folder does not have duplicates.

Do you have a calendar entry matching the task?  Have you tried resetting
the To Do bar by starting Outlook once with the /resettodobar command
switch?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/24/2009 11:52:40 PM
Thanks Brian. That fixed it. Magic.

> "Pravesh" <pravesh.prasher@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Yes, you are right. I looked into it a little more and found that when I
>> click on tasks icon in navigation pane it show 'To Do' list. Duplicates
>> are in this list but tasks folder does not have duplicates.
>
> Do you have a calendar entry matching the task?  Have you tried resetting
> the To Do bar by starting Outlook once with the /resettodobar command
> switch?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Duplicates

Can't Create New Public Folders in a General Purpose PF Tree
Hello, I'm not able to create 2nd-level public folders underneath a newly created Public Folder Tree using Exchange System Manager. I'm logged on as an Exchange Full Administrator. I first create an alternate public store under Administrative Groups | First Administrative Group | First Storage Group | Alternate Public Store. Then when I move down to the Folders container (Administrative Groups | First Administrative Group | Folders ) I can create a new Public Folder Tree called Alternate Tree in addition to the tree that is already there called Public Folders. Everything i...

How do I create a drop box in Excel to show a calendar?
I'm trying to create a drop box within a cell in Excel so that when the user click on the drop box, it shows a calendar and that the calendar will default to today's date. You can try the Microsoft Date and Time Picker control. Add the Control Toolbox menu to your toolbars. Select the last button that looks like a hammer and wrench. Select the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control. Add that to your sheet. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "V. Pham" wrote: > I'm trying to create a drop box within a cell in Excel so that when the user > click on...

created a rule in OE to cope with Spam
I copied and pasted, either text or words, in an email address from a spam email and now when I write a new email and try to enter my email address in the from window those words I copied and pasted some hours ago appears there. I have copied and pasted other items since then so am wondering why is this email address in text form from the spammers email is appearing. Coincidentally the spammers email address begins with the same letter as my email address begins with,"c". The email address is a popular ISP here in New Zealand xtra.co.nz. -- ....scribble scribble...

how do I create a title for my spreadsheet. As in a headline?
How do I make a headline for my spreadshett? I'd like to center it at the top of the page. Thank You. Hi, It depends on whether you are talking about print time or in the spreadsheet. 1. If you want it in you printout only then choose File, Page Setup, Header/Footers tab, Custom Header and enter the title you want in the Center section. 2. If you are talking about the spreadsheet, then type the title you want in A1, change the Font as desired, Highlight A1:E1 or as many cells as you want the title spread over and click the Merge & Center toolbar button, (the one after the Rig...

Error sync. tasks ?
CRM 3.0 I have a customer who gets the following error: An unknown error occurred while synchronizing to Outlook. Checking for changes Completed Synchronizing 0 Contacts to Outlook Completed Synchronizing 6 tasks to Outlook Canceled Any ideas on this one ? Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 16945 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails. Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her. ...

How to create an Outlook form to send data to a database
To whom it may concern: I work on the Help Desk in a corporate IT department. I have created a basic Outlook form that people fill out and e-mail to the help desk with their request. I now want to change the form so that when they send it or click on a "Submit" button, the collected data goes to a database (Access, SQL, etc.) I need assistance with this function. Billy Williams MCP, MOUS, AASET Billy.Williams@Hanson.Biz You would need to write code behind the form (or a COM add-in that = interacts with the form) to read the data from the Outlook item and then = create ne...

Create XML from dataview
I have a dataview from a datatable in .NET, and I need to dump the contents into an XML file. What is the best way to do this? Thanks, Andy Andy, It is very simple. If DV is your data view DV.Table.DataSet.WriteXml(@"c:\\filename.xml"); Hope this helps, Regards, Marshal Antony http://dotnetmarshal.com "andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04c101c3da14$c7eaa2b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a dataview from a datatable in .NET, and I need to > dump the contents into an XML file. What...

Changing the names of fields in tables after creating other object
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables, reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables (to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports, and forms. Mary -- Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com) Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I found it somewhat buggy. Before you...

Receiving duplicate emails

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

tasks to calendar
How do I get my tasks to appear in the calandar correctly? When I drag a task to my calander, it puts it in today and changes my due date to today. I create task A with a due date of 8/4/04 and then drag it to the calendar. (you would expect it to put it into the 8/4/04 square but it puts it into today and changes the due date to today. Thanks. rml, what you're describing ("it puts it into today") is what the developers intended (AFAIK). When you drag a task onto your calendar, you're creating an appointment out of that task. In other words, you're setting time as...

Business Portal tasks
I have a web part set up that allows me to assign taksks to various Business Portal users. I would like to know if there is a way for those tasks to end up in theri Outlook as a Task. Right now they have alerts set up, but that only sends them an e-mail whene a new task is added. I would like to see that task actually end up in Outlook as a task. Rory Testa - IT Manager PRO Sports Club ...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

Security Tasks
Hi there, I have a customer that wants to allow one of their accounting staff access to the Comments area while entering an SOP Invoice. Right now when they click on this field it says they do not have security access. I've been searching through the list of Security Tasks & have tried adding the following windows under Sales: "Invoice Comment Entry" and "Sales Comment Entry". However, it still says they don't have security privledges to access this field. Any other suggestions of windows I can add to the task to enable them to edit the comments? Thank...

All I want is a view of all tasks across all folders!
Greetings Everyone, Using Outlook 2007... I have a fairly simple, and common, scenario; I have my main Tasks list and some connections to SharePoint 2007 Task lists. In Outlook terms, these are different Folders. All I want is a single holistic view of all tasks, across all of these folders. I am actually quite comfortable with Outlook and know how to create a view for "All task folders". However, it is not working; all I get is a blank resulting list. From the various tests and results I am getting, it looks as though the data may be corrupt. Are there any tool availab...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

Auto-Delete Task Items
I would like to delete a task when it's complete. I don't want go into each task to delete it. I want it click once and it's gone. I do not want to keep complete items taking up un-necessary space. How do I get Outlook to delete, completely delete ALL finished tasks automatically? I know there's no setting for this, but I was wondering if there were steps to create a rule to accomplish this. I use Outlook 2007 and when I click on Tools, Rules ..., I get a wizard and no way to start with a totally blank rule set so I can select tasks and not messages. Any help for ...

BCM and Tasks
You should be able to identify parent(customer) from the task window. The fields are there but not populated. Anybody have the same problem? Gary ...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...