duplicate receipt of emails

Starting yesterday I began getting two copies of emails sent to me when I
instructed Outlook to leave a copy on my incoming server.  Today, I began
getting three mails.  The differnece seems to be checking the box to leave a
copy on the server.  In other words, Outlook seems to be going to the server
repetitively to download messages.

Any suggestions?

Karla

0
karla1 (1)

Karla Leavelle <karla@leavelle.com> wrote:

> Starting yesterday I began getting two copies of emails sent to me
> when I instructed Outlook to leave a copy on my incoming server.
> Today, I began getting three mails.  The differnece seems to be
> checking the box to leave a copy on the server.  In other words,
> Outlook seems to be going to the server repetitively to download
> messages.

Would you care to share your version of Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman
0

Duplicates

Outlook email account, can't delete
I have Outlook 2002 hitting an Exchange 5.5 server on a laptop that I've given to a new user. The old user's mailbox remains in Outlook even though it doesn't exist in E-Mail Accounts\Exchange Server Settings under the Tools menu. Nor does it exist under the new user's account as an additional mailbox. How do I remove it? Additional info: my Exchange server died last week and I rebuilt Exchange on a differently named server. The mailbox that I want to remove attempts to connect to the old Exchange server. Also, I just upgraded the laptop from Win98 to XP Pro and ...

MSCRM Email Subject ID to Email Header
I have the understanding that there is a patch which instead of turning off the GUID from outgoing emails, moves it from the subject line to the email header, but i can't find it anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction and convince me that i haven't made this up... or worse, dreamt it... Thankyou Dave Dave, In the current release, there is no such patch. You can only turn off the process that adds the GUID to the subject. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 ...

Outlook 2002 Read Receipts Tracking issue
We have a tracking problem that I am unable to resolve. We have a user that needs to keep track of users that read training related email. She sends out to a server based distribution list of around 90 people and requests read receipts. When you go into the sent items and look at the tracking tab, it only shows the group distribution list name and no other information, not even a time stamp. I believe she even redirects the read receipts into a separate folder for easier tracking. It was working where all the users were listed and showed the time stamp of when it was read, but no more. W...

Receiving duplicate emails

Wildcards in email address
I would like to flag all emails from a company with a certain color flag. I thought I could do this by creating a rule with a wildcard (such as *@microsoft.com) but it doesn't seem to work. Is there another way of doing this?? Create the rule with a setting that says "senders' address includes" and just the domain name. Leave the wildcard and @ off. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests fo...

opening email
When I double click on an email that I received, the message will not open in another window. The only thing that happens is that email is displayed as open in my taskbar. I've always been able to open into another window until now. Please advise. It is actually opening "off-screen". Right click on the minimized window tab on the Taskbar and select Move. Now use the arrow keys to get it in the screen. Close all other windows except this one and use the cursor to drag the message to the size you want. File | Exit, and Windows will remember the size when you ope...

managed NG email
If I put my actual email address in my newsreader account setup for this group, to provide for 'managed' response, doesn't that open the floodgates for spam? How is everyone handling that issue. Will MS understand if we use a the standard anti-scanner methods, like 'marc AT bellsouth dot net', or does MS rely on automated methods to track managed posts? Marc You have to use something that at least looks like email rather than spelling it out as you have, but it does not have to be a valid address. You have to register the address you are going to use on Customer...

Unmatched Purchase Receipts
We are having issues with GP10 (V10.00.1424) holding purchase receipts that have not been matched to invoices. Here is a quick narative of what is taking place: We receive the item into GP GP assigns a receipt number to the item We receive an invoice from the vendor We intend to enter and match the invoice, but the receipt is not available We are not sure what is triggering this event, and we thus, we do not know how to fix it. I am sure we are not the first to experience this problem! Thank you for your time, BW What do you mean by 'unavailable'? Is the rece...

Retrieve email from another computer
My husbands computer in office is down, he wants to retrieve his emails from home. How can I do this quickly? Tks That depends on the type of mail system they use at work (server based postoffice, or Internet mail, or what). Can you give us some more information? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0f9a01c3dfb1$12f44670$a101280a@phx.gbl, maureen.krychkowski@verizon.net wrote: > My husbands computer in office is down, he wants to > retrieve...

Case & Reply EMail
When a case is created I'd like CRM 4 to send an email using workflow to a particular email address and when this person has replied to the email using outlook(this person is not a crm user) I'd like for the reply to go into the history of the case. What do I need to do to set this up? Thanks Ray. Did you confiugred Email Router? "Ray Bell" wrote: > When a case is created I'd like CRM 4 to send an email using workflow > to a particular email address and when this person has replied to the > email using outlook(this person is not a crm user) I'd like for th...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Emails not showing up in Outlook but can be seen on Webmail
I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and Express its saying they have new email but none of these new emails are in their inboxes. so i told them to log into webmail, and they can see the emails there... all of these clients are using IMAP and could have very large inboxes.. what could be the problem here? why isnt outlook downloading the emails properly? Do they have LAN or WAN access? -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today?????? "beanfieldtech@gmail.com" wrote: > I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and E...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

hiding recipient 's email address without using cc or bb
I want to display my email address by my name not showing my email. "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D53910F1-21BF-4435-9A5D-5ADB13A1CD73@microsoft.com... >I want to display my email address by my name not showing my email. Where do you want this displayed? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook ...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

emailing worksheet & merge
When someone emails me their spreadsheet with the same headers as I have, is there any way to show their names and addresses in a color so they'll stand out from mine better? Excel2000 Thanks, bb ...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Return Reply for sub-email box
I have the following setup for the employees at my work: Every user has their own user in box Some users share a community in box that has it's own user name that those particular employees are authorized to send e-mails on behalf of. Currently, when one of the employees reply to the community in box, the reply comes from the community user name on behalf of the main user. If a customer of ours replies, the e-mail returns to the community mail box. I'd like the default when an e-mail is replied to from this community box that the main users e-mail is the default reply for our cust...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

Printing Emails with a list of Attachments
I want to know is it possible to set up MS Outlook so that I can print my emails with somewhere on the page a list of attachments or file locations for those attachements ? If somebody could please help me with htis issue I would be very greatful. Thanks Rob You can do this when you print in lain Text format for any version of Outlook With Outlook 2003 SP1 you can also do this for HTML formatted messages For all other versions of Outlook you can use the following add-in; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Print-On-Demand.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24&qu...