Duplicate Messages with POP3 Account

I am using Outlook 2002, and I have two separate POP3
accounts, but belonging to two different users.

When using my POP3 account, I get duplicate email
messages.

I have tried the suggestion in MS Knowledge Base article
284404, but all this does is disable sending and
receiving for one account.

0
big_loni (1)

Do you mean that each user has a separate Outlook profile?  If so, only one
of the POP3 accounts should be assigned to each profile...in other words,
one profile should not contain both accounts.  Log in as each user and
delete the unneeded account from each profile, or do it from Control Panel |
Mail.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In news:04ca01c3a58d$16814c10$a401280a@phx.gbl,
Allistair wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2002, and I have two separate POP3
> accounts, but belonging to two different users.
>
> When using my POP3 account, I get duplicate email
> messages.
>
> I have tried the suggestion in MS Knowledge Base article
> 284404, but all this does is disable sending and
> receiving for one account.

Thanks for the reply; indeed, there are two separate
profiles, each with its own POP3 account (1:1
relationship).

Of note, one of the profiles contains another Outlook
account, albeit an exchange account (not POP3).

0
anonymous (74722)
11/9/2003 10:53:59 PM
Having the Exchange account and the Internet mail account in the same
profile should not be a problem in Outlook 2002.  As long as the two
Internet accounts don't exist in the same profile, you shouldn't have the
problem you describe.  If you do, you might want to take a look at the
following page for some more ideas regarding duplicates.

http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook-Duplicates.asp

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:034901c3a714$5cc58960$a101280a@phx.gbl,

> Thanks for the reply; indeed, there are two separate
> profiles, each with its own POP3 account (1:1
> relationship).
>
> Of note, one of the profiles contains another Outlook
> account, albeit an exchange account (not POP3).

Windows mail cleared all messages and now says low disk space
i've tried opening my files in windws mail but they have all been deleted (from all folders) when i go onto any of the remaining folders and click on it, all i get is; folder could not be opened possible causes low disk space. firstly why would it suddenly delete everyone of my emails and secondly where would it put them? See here for background: www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx and see point 3 = here for the future: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 Then try repairing the database: www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ and then see if you can open the folders. Also search for *.eml and see...

Duplicates

message rules to back-up
I have found myself wanting to format my hard drive and reinstall windows 200 pro and want to save my message rules. Is there a way to do this? What version of Outlook, typically though you can go to the Rules Wizard > select the Options button > export Rules. "Scotty Resch" <sresch@cox.net> wrote in message news:080101c366d0$50ad9610$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have found myself wanting to format my hard drive and > reinstall windows 200 pro and want to save my message > rules. Is there a way to do this? ...

Outlook email account, can't delete
I have Outlook 2002 hitting an Exchange 5.5 server on a laptop that I've given to a new user. The old user's mailbox remains in Outlook even though it doesn't exist in E-Mail Accounts\Exchange Server Settings under the Tools menu. Nor does it exist under the new user's account as an additional mailbox. How do I remove it? Additional info: my Exchange server died last week and I rebuilt Exchange on a differently named server. The mailbox that I want to remove attempts to connect to the old Exchange server. Also, I just upgraded the laptop from Win98 to XP Pro and ...

ok send messages

ad distribution group with non ad mail accounts
I need to set up an AD distribution group with members that are not in AD. Is this possible? yes...create the mail-enabled contacts first, then add them to the DL... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e8zY8Kp#FHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I need to set up an AD distribution group with members that are not in AD. > Is this possible? > > ...

Error message
When I try to open Outlook 2000 (Vista OS) it always opens the Outlook 2000 Startup dialog box, as if startup never completed. Then I get the message "The procedure entry point StrTokEx could not be located in the dynamic link library MSOERT2.dll. I've tried to uninstall Outlook but it doesn't appear in Control Panel/ Programs or in Windows Install Cleanup. I've tried both the reinstall and the repair. Any advice please? Thanks in advance. See if this article explains things: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814442 OL2002: Error Messages After You Install Windows 2000 SP...

Workflow for Customer or Account in Service Activity (Partylist)
My Business Goal is to create a workflow that looks at the Service Type and other values in the Service Activity and calculate billing into a custom entity. This all seems quite straightforward except for my ability to get the Account or Contact that is in the Customer field of the Activity. This is a lookup field of entity type partylist. How would you grab the information in this field? I am using Workflow, passing the objectID of the activity into the .dll. From this I am able to grab just about everything I need for my calculations. Howerver, I cannot seem to get the Account...

Receiving duplicate emails

Message Queue
Is there a way to export or read the emails that are stuck in the messageing queue in Exchange 2003 ? Thanks ! It depends on how the message came into the queue. If the message came from another server, and is destined for the server it's queued on or another remote destination, then the message is on the hard drive, and can be seen at <drive>:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\queue folder. Use Notepad the view the message. If the message was sent from the server it is queued on then that message is in the SMTP Folder inside the Information Store and you'll need a Informa...

Intelligent Message Filter Appears to be Crashing
Hello all, This morning when I came in, I started receiving notifications that our front-end Exchange 2003 SMTP and occasionally IIS services were crashing and restarting. As I started going through the event logs, I noticed the following error after the services had recovered: Source: Microsoft Exchange Server Event ID: 1000 Faulting application inetinfo.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, stamp 42435bec, faulting module msexchange.ucecontentfilter.dll, version 1.1.32.8, stamp 40183cbe, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000a900. The way I'm interpreting this message is that the Int...

I Can not trecover my messages
Hi Dear sir/... I have win xp sp1 with outlook 2003. I have my old user data on a cd....( for example : outlook.pst and archive.pst and...) when i removing my old data - & install a fresh win xp and outlook 2003 - i can not recover my old file . System says to me : it is not a outlook data file. or you have not any access to this file. My file size : 277 MB Name : outlook.pst I have total user data... It is very important for me to recover my data as soon as Please tell me with this email : ali_mahoutchian@yahoo.com or answer to my problem here . thanks a lot. i am very sorry for b...

No outside mail to new accounts
I have an exch 5.5 , we are moving off of, to an exch 2k3 server. All mailboxes were moved last sept. working fine. Now when we create a new account they cannot recieve mail from the outside. Any Ideas? Check the queues... and tell us what you see. Something in event viewer? Saludos, Pablo Vernocchi vernocchi@pcoffice.com.ar.delete.this Buenos Aires, Argentina On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:27:02 -0800, "Benningtonr" <Benningtonr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an exch 5.5 , we are moving off of, to an exch 2k3 server. All >mailboxes were moved last sept. worki...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Issues sending to Hotmail Accounts
Good Morning All: I have a new install of Exchange Server 2003 Standard in a Windows 2003 AD. I am having issuses with Hotmail. I can recieve from hotmail with no problems. I can send emailes to every other domain it seems like other than hotmail. When I go to the Outbound Queue the messages are not there, they seem to go out with out a problem, however they never seem to get to my or any other hotmail account. I can connect to mail.hotmail.com port 25 and do a tracert to there server and have no issues. It is frustration because I don't get a delay notification or anything....

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

To box and the Sent box not be populated on the message in the Sent Items
We are experiencing the problem described by KB 328281 and require the hotfix with with the files following versions. Please advise how to acquire this file. Here is the support doc explaining the symptom and resolution, but no link to the hot fix. It says to contact MS to get the hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=328281 Date Time Size File name -------------------------------------------- 24-Feb-2003 16:24 152,064 Olkintl.msp (Client Patch) 24-Feb-2003 16:27 1,201,152 Olkintlff.msp (Full File Patch) After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this fix will have t...

Outlook2000 Message
Dear All, In our organisation one of the outlook2000 mail user is receiving an error message as, "Some messages couldn't be retrieved from the server. this usually happens when the connection to the server is lost due to server or network problems. If the problem persists, contact your administrator". Still the user is able to download messages. The problem is each time when the user tries to download messasges the above message comes. Pleas give a valuble support. Thanks in advance. Best Regards Mathew. ...

Best Pracitce Question
I have a best practice question. We are using MIIS to disable accounts in AD. When we choose to disable an account, we no longer want email received at the user's address (The need to continue receiving email if necessary is handled by converting the mailbox to a public folder). I am now starting to find the 9548 errors in the event logs, and the only input I have found so far is to enable self so that the mailbox can continue receiving email. I don't want the errors, and I don't want the email, but I want to keep the mailbox for the duration of the disabled account (we hav...

Forwarding a message
How do I forward the reply mail received without it including the original text sent in the first place?? I don't think there's a way to automatically exclude it but you can manually remove it (which I'm sure you knew already) "Albert Sapiano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06b801c3a775$f0993310$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I forward the reply mail received without it > including the original text sent in the first place?? ...

Cannot send message
Please advise how to engage. My crystal ball is broken. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Joe" <jftodd@vermontel.net> wrote in message news:OR%23Ltbi7KHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Please advise how to engage. Get down on one knee, give her a diamond ring. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Joe...

Outlook 2003 Message-ID madness!
Reposting message previously from exchange.misc forum due to no replies! ----------------------------------------------------------- Hi all... I have recently acquired Exchange 2003 along with enough CAL's for all my users, which includes Outlook 2003. So, I have been upgrading users to O2K3, most are now using the new version, but I haven't got Exchange installed yet. A number of my users have recently started complaining that some of our contacts are not receiving their emails. Upon further investigation with the admins at the receiving end, it seems that their spam filters a...