Duplicate messages - multiple POP3 accounts on different servers

Hi,

I've followed a few of the posts relating to duplicate messages being
downloaded in Outlook XP.  I have a similar problem, but am not sure it is
the same:

I have 4 different email accounts with on 4 different POP3 servers.  These
accounts are also web accessible (so I can check them at work etc).  I use a
cable broadband connection and all 4 accounts use my ISPs outgoing mail
server to send.  So that messages are accessible however I access the
accounts, Outlook is set not to delete them from the server.  I am receiving
multiple copies of some, but crucially not all, of my messages.  The
duplicates seem to be ones which I have not read via the web interface
(mostly spam, so duplicate even more annoying!)

Any suggestions?

Richard

Duplicates

Windows mail cleared all messages and now says low disk space
i've tried opening my files in windws mail but they have all been deleted (from all folders) when i go onto any of the remaining folders and click on it, all i get is; folder could not be opened possible causes low disk space. firstly why would it suddenly delete everyone of my emails and secondly where would it put them? See here for background: www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx and see point 3 = here for the future: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 Then try repairing the database: www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ and then see if you can open the folders. Also search for *.eml and see...

message rules to back-up
I have found myself wanting to format my hard drive and reinstall windows 200 pro and want to save my message rules. Is there a way to do this? What version of Outlook, typically though you can go to the Rules Wizard > select the Options button > export Rules. "Scotty Resch" <sresch@cox.net> wrote in message news:080101c366d0$50ad9610$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have found myself wanting to format my hard drive and > reinstall windows 200 pro and want to save my message > rules. Is there a way to do this? ...

Outlook email account, can't delete
I have Outlook 2002 hitting an Exchange 5.5 server on a laptop that I've given to a new user. The old user's mailbox remains in Outlook even though it doesn't exist in E-Mail Accounts\Exchange Server Settings under the Tools menu. Nor does it exist under the new user's account as an additional mailbox. How do I remove it? Additional info: my Exchange server died last week and I rebuilt Exchange on a differently named server. The mailbox that I want to remove attempts to connect to the old Exchange server. Also, I just upgraded the laptop from Win98 to XP Pro and ...

Problem recieving mail on Exchange Server 2003
A client is trying to send us an e-mail, but Exchange keeps dropping the connection. i have attached the SMTP logs - ip's & addresses removed. 2005-06-09 10:28:46 ---.---.---.--- ###.##.co.uk SMTPSVC1 ===-== ---.---.---.--- 0 EHLO - +###.##.co.uk 250 0 328 22 0 SMTP - - - - 2005-06-09 10:28:46 ---.---.---.--- ###.##.co.uk SMTPSVC1 ===-== ---.---.---.--- 0 MAIL - +FROM:<name@address> 250 0 45 32 0 SMTP - - - - 2005-06-09 10:28:46 ---.---.---.--- ###.##.co.uk SMTPSVC1 ===-== ---.---.---.--- 0 RCPT - +TO:<name@anotheraddress> 250 0 45 42 0 SMTP - - - - 2005-06-09 10:28:4...

ok send messages

Index CRM with SharePoint Portal Server
I was wondering if there is any way to have CRM data be another content source for SharePoint Portal Server to index? It would be very cool to let SPS crawl things like the Knowledge Base articles so you could search for them from within SPS. Maybe even case notes, whatever. Just wondering if anybody has thought about a way to accomplish this. Thanks, Mike Hi To the best of my recollection Knowledge Base articles is already indexed by the SQL server. It is possible to Index the rest of the database, but I don't know if it is "legal" in terms of support and l...

ad distribution group with non ad mail accounts
I need to set up an AD distribution group with members that are not in AD. Is this possible? yes...create the mail-enabled contacts first, then add them to the DL... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e8zY8Kp#FHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I need to set up an AD distribution group with members that are not in AD. > Is this possible? > > ...

Moving Storage Group to New Server
I had Exchange 2003 running on an Enterprise server but I want to move it over to a SBS 2003 server instead. We only have a few mailboxes on the server and i want to know what the easiest way to move them over to the new server would be. I have made an attempt to do so using Windows backup and then restoring it on the new server but it would not mount the database on the new server because the Organizational name is different on the SBS server. However I was not given an opportunity to set that name during Exchange installation on the SBS server and I can't figure out how to set it afte...

Error message
When I try to open Outlook 2000 (Vista OS) it always opens the Outlook 2000 Startup dialog box, as if startup never completed. Then I get the message "The procedure entry point StrTokEx could not be located in the dynamic link library MSOERT2.dll. I've tried to uninstall Outlook but it doesn't appear in Control Panel/ Programs or in Windows Install Cleanup. I've tried both the reinstall and the repair. Any advice please? Thanks in advance. See if this article explains things: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814442 OL2002: Error Messages After You Install Windows 2000 SP...

Receiving duplicate emails

Workflow for Customer or Account in Service Activity (Partylist)
My Business Goal is to create a workflow that looks at the Service Type and other values in the Service Activity and calculate billing into a custom entity. This all seems quite straightforward except for my ability to get the Account or Contact that is in the Customer field of the Activity. This is a lookup field of entity type partylist. How would you grab the information in this field? I am using Workflow, passing the objectID of the activity into the .dll. From this I am able to grab just about everything I need for my calculations. Howerver, I cannot seem to get the Account...

Message Queue
Is there a way to export or read the emails that are stuck in the messageing queue in Exchange 2003 ? Thanks ! It depends on how the message came into the queue. If the message came from another server, and is destined for the server it's queued on or another remote destination, then the message is on the hard drive, and can be seen at <drive>:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\queue folder. Use Notepad the view the message. If the message was sent from the server it is queued on then that message is in the SMTP Folder inside the Information Store and you'll need a Informa...

Hyperlinks / server / cd
I have a spreedsheet on our Novell server with several hundred hyperlinks. I want to be able to put this on a CD and all linked files with it so that it will work from any computer not on the network. Is there a way to do this? Everytime I try to do this it keeps looking for the server and not the cd. -- MsG ...

Intelligent Message Filter Appears to be Crashing
Hello all, This morning when I came in, I started receiving notifications that our front-end Exchange 2003 SMTP and occasionally IIS services were crashing and restarting. As I started going through the event logs, I noticed the following error after the services had recovered: Source: Microsoft Exchange Server Event ID: 1000 Faulting application inetinfo.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, stamp 42435bec, faulting module msexchange.ucecontentfilter.dll, version 1.1.32.8, stamp 40183cbe, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000a900. The way I'm interpreting this message is that the Int...

I Can not trecover my messages
Hi Dear sir/... I have win xp sp1 with outlook 2003. I have my old user data on a cd....( for example : outlook.pst and archive.pst and...) when i removing my old data - & install a fresh win xp and outlook 2003 - i can not recover my old file . System says to me : it is not a outlook data file. or you have not any access to this file. My file size : 277 MB Name : outlook.pst I have total user data... It is very important for me to recover my data as soon as Please tell me with this email : ali_mahoutchian@yahoo.com or answer to my problem here . thanks a lot. i am very sorry for b...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

No outside mail to new accounts
I have an exch 5.5 , we are moving off of, to an exch 2k3 server. All mailboxes were moved last sept. working fine. Now when we create a new account they cannot recieve mail from the outside. Any Ideas? Check the queues... and tell us what you see. Something in event viewer? Saludos, Pablo Vernocchi vernocchi@pcoffice.com.ar.delete.this Buenos Aires, Argentina On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:27:02 -0800, "Benningtonr" <Benningtonr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an exch 5.5 , we are moving off of, to an exch 2k3 server. All >mailboxes were moved last sept. worki...

To box and the Sent box not be populated on the message in the Sent Items
We are experiencing the problem described by KB 328281 and require the hotfix with with the files following versions. Please advise how to acquire this file. Here is the support doc explaining the symptom and resolution, but no link to the hot fix. It says to contact MS to get the hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=328281 Date Time Size File name -------------------------------------------- 24-Feb-2003 16:24 152,064 Olkintl.msp (Client Patch) 24-Feb-2003 16:27 1,201,152 Olkintlff.msp (Full File Patch) After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this fix will have t...

Issues sending to Hotmail Accounts
Good Morning All: I have a new install of Exchange Server 2003 Standard in a Windows 2003 AD. I am having issuses with Hotmail. I can recieve from hotmail with no problems. I can send emailes to every other domain it seems like other than hotmail. When I go to the Outbound Queue the messages are not there, they seem to go out with out a problem, however they never seem to get to my or any other hotmail account. I can connect to mail.hotmail.com port 25 and do a tracert to there server and have no issues. It is frustration because I don't get a delay notification or anything....

Easiest way of moving CRM 3 data to new server
We setup all of our CRM 3 data on an old server. Now that we are using CRM for real, we have ordered a nice new shiny box for CRM to run on. Is there an easy way to move the CRM data across from the current box to the new one? If not, its not a great problem, but would save a lot of boring jobs for someone here. Olly Check the Implementation Guide for the recovery options. You can follow those basic steps to "restore" the data to the new SQL box. Another option would be to explore the Redeployment Tool. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Oliver Marshall" <O...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...